Opposites Attract, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After they had gotten back to his house she wasn't ready to face her parents tomorrow so she was probably going to hang out with him tomorrow and then head back home tonight. They hadn't done anything but watched tv eating ice cream while lounging around doing nothing.
~
"Man what time is it..." She mumbled realizing that she had just fallen asleep on the couch while laying on Vincent. "I don't know but damn I'm hungry" he replied then looked over her with a smiled as she looked out the window to see the morning sun shining. "Let's go get something to eat then...we could go to that new breakfast place that opened" Ivy said getting up from the couch and stretched as he stood up behind her stretching himself. "Yeah I'm game...maybe we should go invite Flynn, and Bryony if you want to.." She nodded and ran her fingers through her hair, "Yeah let's go then we could do something after so that you and Flynn can get...closer" she teased as he rolled his eyes and walked out of his apartment to hop in his car and drive back over to the apartments he hadn't lived that far from.

Yet, when Bryony opened the door to them, she was hardly in the right frame of mind, her eyes red from seemingly crying, and her appearance? Normally she looked flawless, but now? She was in a baggy shirt of Flynn's that reached her knees, free of makeup and hair in a messy bun - she was still clearly cute, but... she was normal, not completely flawless, but that was good too. It was okay, in her world, and she usually let girls see this side to her - there was nothing to be ashamed of at all. "Hey guys..." She murmured slowly, rubbing her head in the clear hangover state, even if the tears weren't a part of that. "What's up?"​

Vincent looked at Ivy seeing as to how they both noticed how puffy and red her eyes were. Ivy just smiled softly and looked over at Bincent who had his arms crossed over his chest. "We were wondering if you and Flynn wanted to catch breakfast with us...we could go and do something after like the park or the fair that's in town?" She asked pushing some of her hair out of her face as Vincent tried to find Flynn with the view that he had into the house. They both waited in her answer or for her to let them in at least and Ivy looked at her trying to find out exactly what was wrong. Biting her lip she began to think that it was her fault from last night but pushed that idea aside since she couldn't have really gotten upset about that. But then she thought about what if it was her, was she the reason why her eyes were so puffy and red. "So what do you say, we're going to that breakfast place that just opened up"

"I... I'd love to, but Flynn's not here," she murmured in reply, taking a peek at Vincent at knowing that his glanced in were simply in search for Flynn, that in which made her close the door a little more with a weary smile, before sighing and opening it up a little. "Do you want to come in and wait? I... shouldn't be long getting dressed, so... don't worry, aha..."​

"Oh yeah come on Vince.." She smiled and grabbed his hand walking into the apartment. Anyone could clearly sense his disappointment but he still held a little smile as they both took a seat in the couch. But she still couldn't help noticing how off Bryony was today. It was as if everything that had professed started right back at the beginning. The beginning where they had barely been each other. "We'll just wait for you...take your time we're both patient" she said looking up at her with a concerned look.

"Right, thanks," she smiled appreciatively, leaning in to kiss her cheek, at least diffusing any worry the girl had that it was her fault - clearly, it wasn't, because Bryony wouldn't have shown her affection if she was mad. Flitting into her room, it was only behind the door that she let out a whimper, forcing herself to apply a little rouge lipstick, plait her hair and tug on some jumper and jeans before trailing back out, having hidden the blotchy tear stains with makeup. "Right, ready~?"​

Once she felt the small peak on the cheek Ivy figured that she had nothing to worry about but heard the small whimper that escaped from her room and figured that she was going to get to the bottom of this. What could have happened that could have made her this upset. Trying to piece something together in her head, her thoughts were interrupted as she heard Bryony walk back out of her room dressed. Deep down Ivy still felt that her natrual look was just better but stood up from the couch with Bincent following behind her. "Vince could you wait in the car for us...we'll be out in a minute" Vincent heard her words and sighed rolling his eyes as he stepped out of the door with no response. "Bryony...what's wrong? You know you can tell me..."

"I... don't want to tell you, it's stupid," she grimaced, realising that the other was evidently worried, and despite having felt a little pissed off at her the previous day, she did immediately appreciate the concern and moved to peck her cheek again to show that gratitude to her. "...Flynn and I argued a-and he took his stuff and stormed off to a hotel... our friendship is pretty... complex, ah, y-you don't need to know about it, but... he tried kissing me a few times, and it's just... awkard."​

Ivy watched her as she put everything together. That would explain why he wasn't here right now but what did she mean by complex. "Bryony what do you mean by complex....were you two sleeping with each other?" She asked not really wanting to know the answer. They had only been together for one day and she figured that it went on way longer that that, if the two were sometimes together sexually. "Why would he try to kiss you I thought he was gay, you told me that he brought home boyfriends..." Ivy crossed her arms over her chest not fully getting the story and not caring that Vincent was waiting in the car for them, she wanted to get to the bottom of this.

"Don't be silly, I'm gay. And sure, he brings guys home, because he prefers them, but he's bisexual. I never said he was gay," she reminded with a heavy sigh, her mood clearly deteriorated and hardly up for any more explaining, but she owed it to her girlfriend, if only to show her that she could be trusted to tell the truth. "He kissed me, two years back, and I think h-he loves me? I dunno, he get so jealous of girls I bring around and... he's my best friend. What would you do if Vincent said he felt like this about you?"​

"I-I would tell him how I felt whether that be sharing the same feelings or not...he deserves the honest answer..." She mumbled kind of upset that she hadn't noticed it in the first place. He wasn't jealous cause he was her close to her, but instead he was jealous cause he wanted to be with Bryony. Chewing on her lower lip she stifled a sigh with her first thought going to Vincent. "Well we better get going...." She said all of a sudden wanting to conversation to be over. It had finally hit her that she wasn't the only one who likes Bryiny and she was going to have to realize that a lot of people would jump on that attraction. Wanting to get all the thoughts out of her head Ivy gave her a small smile before heading to the door and opening it waiting on her before she had walked out.

"He does like Vincent though," she quietly reminded her, smiling affectionately towards her at how kind she continually was being, even if she did somewhat remember the ignorance shown yesterday.

But that could be forgotten easily enough, surely.

"I mean, I see it in his eyes," she murmured as she locked the apartment door up -if Flynn returned, he had his own keys- before reaching for her girlfriend's hand with a coo. In her mind, everything was fine between them. "But just... don't tell Vincent, alright? I can sort it out."​

She wasn't good with keeping anything from Vincent. Since it was so easy for her to talk to him she just found herself saying things. So keeping something like that from him was going to be hard but she was going to have to because he seemed to really like Flynn though at this point he felt the way that Vincent felt towards Bryony. But she could t change how he felt about Foynn even if there was a chance that was deeply in love with Bryony.

"Please...if Flynn is deeply in love with you then let me tell Vincent, I will not have his heart getting broken...he would do the same for me if he was in my shoes" they always looked out for each other no matter how much it hurt, and she wasn't going to stop that now.

What if she couldn't sort it out, she was living with a guy who might care for her romantically. Ivy wasn't the jealous type of person and thank god she wasn't because at this point she would have been pissed beyond means. "Have you ever shared his feelings...even if it was just for a little point of time"

"Tell Vincent then, but it'll just cause drama. I know Flynn likes him, and it just sucks," she grumbled, taking time to walk down the stairs from her apartment, just so she could talk to Ivy before they reached outside - she did want to talk to her, because other than being her girlfriend now, she was always -she hoped- going to be a friend.

"And of course not! I don't know if it's obvious, but I'm a lesbian," she sarcastically teased, nudging her playfully with her hip before leaning to kiss her on the cheek, if only to apologise for the whole drama filled moment. "He knows that, and yet he likes me, but I'd never fancy a guy, even my best friend. It's horrible, but he needs to know that... and I told him yesterday again and he stormed off, so... yeah."​

Ivy heard her sarcasm and elbowed ever playfully in the side with a small sigh. "Yeah I know and the whole Flynn thing will be our secret cause I don't was Vincent to get his heart broken..." She smiled up at the other with a smile that was finally real. They were rally together and just the thought made her happy. "I'm sorry...about yesterday, I know I left kind of abruptly but honestly just needed to think about some things" Ivy stood in front of her and sighed holding the others hands in her own.

She looked into her eyes and kept a sort of serious look on her face. "I'm going to make this work...I really want to be with you more than anything and I'm not going to let some rumors ruin this for me...I actually don't believe them cause you haven't even tried anything on me yet which is sweet, you're taking it at a slow pace for me and I appreciate that...really I do" Ivy gave her a small smile and leaned in only to just pull away quickly. She wasn't ready and she knew it, the only thing they had really done was quick little kisses and Ivy knew that Bryony was a professional with the whole kissing thing while the only person she had kissed was her parents and that was in a family way. Turning on her heels she began to walk a bit faster than what they had been so that she could get rid of the embarrassment and the blush.

The sheer fact that she apologised when Bryony hadn't expected to hear meant far more than any of the kisses did, moving to take hold of her hand with a slightly emotional smile breaking her face. She was going to trust her, and given how Bryony was trying hard to make this as comfortable as she could for Ivy, it meant a lot that she had opted not to listen to Vincent and actually trust Bryony.

And for that, the other was determined to go slow and do everything on her terms as a thanks.

"Hey, don't walk so quick," she scolded playfully, grinning to herself at the cute display. "You're adorable, you know that?"​

"You seem to say that a lot..." She mumbled still a bit embarrassed as she pushed some hair behind her ear. Something in her deep down wanted to be like the other girls. The girls that could take compliments with a smile if the girls that weren't afraid of intimacy, of course she had her reasons as to why she was afraid but she didn't want Bryony to find out about that. Everyone has their own secrets and this one needed to be kept.

"But I'm not adorable...you are though, when everything is natural...you know no makeup and stuff like that" she said turning her face away as she gave the other a compliment.

Ivy scolded her own self quietly since she couldn't even work yo the courage to look her in the eye as she gave her a compliment. Letting her eyes slowly met Bryony's again she smiled still a bit upset with herself. "I like you..."

"I'm not the biggest fan of makeup anyway, doll," she murmured with a hesitant smile once by the car - with Vincent inside, and knowing the boy didn't like her, she at least opted to wait until Ivy was inside before climbing on in in suit of her. "I like you too," she said quickly, feeling the girl might just grow embarrassed if Bryony continued her complimenting in front of Vincent so, with a caring smile, opted to leave it there. "So, we're off for breakfast then, huh~?"​

"Yep we are...I've been dying to try that new breakfast place that opened up..." She said opening the back door to Vincent black Sudan and waited for Bryony to hop in behind her. As she got in the car Ivy felt Vincent's mood shift a bit as he looked at her through the mirror. "Yeah but I was kinda hoping that it would be a double date, now I feel like the third wheel" he stated with a sigh as he started the car up listening as the engine awoke with a loud purr. "Oh baby you won't be the third wheel, this isn't even a date it's just the three of us hanging out" Ivy said trying to make him feel better as he placed a small kiss on his cheek. He rolled his eyes but still had a small smile on his face. "So Bryony where is Flynn...it's still kind of early in the morning"

She tensed the second Flynn was mentioned - the least said about him, the better she would feel. Having to tell her best friend that she wasn't interested in him in any romantic capacity and seeing him have to face rejection again was hard, so the fact she had to deal with these thoughts with a brave smile was tearing her apart. "Oh, Flynn just... left last night. Family emergency," she lied easily, deciding that it wasn't a worry - she doubted Flynn would come back to disprove her lie anyway. Don't worry about it. He likes you a lot, though. i can tell that, he doesn't react like that to guys he just meets unless they're special, so..."​

Status
Not open for further replies.