Open Pandora's Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So I'll tell you whatever you want to know about me or this curse I won't hide anything from you any more your a big girl now and I have to learn to deal with it" Arron spoke softly as he looks at her.

Rune chuckled softly as he walked. "I bet he would Ku" he smiles softly. "Has your memories of the other lives start to leave you yet cause mine are slowly vanishing"

Vivian sighed and put a hand on her father's shoulder. "Daddy... I've been a big girl for awhile, you just don't know it," she told him with a small smile. "So... How long have you been... like this?"

Kurureenu shrugged toward his question. "Only the memories I haven't touched for the other world. For my past life, not so much. I've had glimpses for awhile before the box opened," she explained. Maybe it was Rune who brought the glimpses up. When they stopped seeing each other, she started having less of them. She didn't have any until she saw Hoshinko at the museum.

The woman gasped, remembering her sword. "Crap. Where's Hoshinko at? Where did it go?"

"Well you know Vlad the Impaler right I'm sure you learned about him once in history class right well lets just say me and him weren't the best of friends and during one of the Ottoman Empire's attack I was sent to battle only a General in there army mind you I was only 20 at the time, but long story short I fell to Vlad's blade in battle and at the end of the war my army beaten I was impaled slowly dying when this Raven landed in front of me" Arron sighed, "That was the first day I met Merari that dam crow and when he offered me power that couldn't be matched all I needed was to give up my right to die"

"You left your blade at the statue of Liberty remember Ku on top of it's head" Rune spoke as he walked the night streets as he heard looters not far off.

Vivian stared in awe at how far back in history her father's story went. She smiled slightly and looked up at the sky. "I wonder if I'll be a part of history like that," she murmured. She remembered listening about Vlad the Impaler among others in history. They all made huge marks, especially ones that bring people to fear.

"Rune," Kurureenu began, suppressing the urge to knock her head against his. "I called Hoshinko in the other dimension. Hoshinko helped completely remove the evil blade from my hand. I remember that, okay?" The woman sighed heavily, her mind on her blade. "I wonder what changed to allow me to call for it successfully... Zeff said I couldn't call it because I wasn't the true owner, but... I did."

"Well Vivian what else would you like to know about your very old man?"Arron chuckles softly as he raised one hand to the back of his head rubbing it. "I never realized how long I lived and what I have seen"

"I see that was Hoshinko" Rune chuckled softly as he walked looking around the city. "Also the box is lost again and this time in a different area" Rune smiled as he yawned . "Are we getting close yet Ku?"

"How long did you know Rune and Kururu.... Kuku... Reenu?" Vivian asked, leaning back on her palms. "It seemed like they knew you for awhile. Are they immortal like you were?"

Kurureenu gazed down the street, noticing that they were already on her street. She barely noticed with how much damage there was. The woman raised her head slightly, gazing at the line of houses, to find her own home. She pointed forward to the house missing the front of it. "That one... With the green Fiesta parked in our driveway... Again. At least their window was smashed in, though. Fuckers..."

"No there reincarnation of there past life there not as strong as there past self, but they always seem to get in my way seems like they are the gods own keepers of the peace no matter what time line or area Rune and Kurureenu will be there might not be together, but if you meet a Rune there bound to be a Ku not far off" Arron chuckled. "But now where friends and they help me see what I wanted in life" Arron then looks at Vivian and smiles as he reaches over patting her head.

"Wow your house really got the worst of it Ku I'm sorry" Rune spoke as he started walking towards it. "Hey will he be ok with you riding on my back?"

Vivian giggled slightly as her father patted her head. "Maybe they have powers unknowingly between them. Just the connection of know each other through many dimensions," Vivian told her father, shrugging. "I thought they got along pretty well. Give or take."

Kurureenu raised a brow toward Rune's comment about the piggy back ride. "Is there supposed to be something wrong with a piggy back ride?" she countered. "If so, someone clue me in to the insanity so I can smack the shit outta them."

The woman perked up to the sound of her name before her eyes went to Liev, who was standing in the damage of their home. Once the man realized who was approaching, he stumbled his way out and over toward the two. "Kuku," he murmured, glancing toward Rune and nodding slightly. "Are you okay?"

Kurureenu nodded, carefully manuevering herself from Rune's grip so she didn't fall again. "We had a few bumps and hiccups and I couldn't walk without assistance," she responded, reaching for Liev. He took her hand and gently pulled her over. "Liev, we need to talk."

The man frowned before looking between she and Rune with a bit of dread.

"I'm not that stupid. Stop assuming. I need to pick your mind."

"Yeah they seemed alright" Arron smiled softly. "Is there anything else you would like to know?" Arron asked Vivian.

Rune made sure Ku got off his back alright as he watched her go to him and smiles softly as he watched Ku tell Liev that she need to ask him some things. "Hope this goes alright" Rune whispered to himself

"What do you need to talk about?" Liev asked, glancing back over toward Rune before bringing his focus to Kurureenu.

"Stop looking at him. Look at me," she responded, tapping his nose with her finger. "Why did you come to this dimension?"

Liev gawked at Kurureenu, the question throwing him off. "This... dimension?" he responded. "Kuku... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit." She put her hands on her waist, glaring toward Liev. "I want to know about the Liev from the dimension of pirates. You have him locked up in there. I want to know why you came here. To this dimension."

Liev frowned before looking toward Rune, now searching for help. "I... don't know what she's talking about."

"Vivian there something you need to know" Arron spoke with a sadden look on his face. "Your a girl who is now out of time you will be curse to never grow old you'll age to twenty and watch people you love die while you can't do a thing, but watch and for that I'm sorry" Arron wrapped his arms around Vivian and for the first time cried on her shoulders. "I never wanted you to live with this curse your old man has lived with" he sobbed

Rune sighs. "I'm sorry Liev my hands are tied up here, but something about your mug has the other Rune in me ticked off" Rune glares at him. "Ku can I kick this pirate prince's ass?"

Vivian returned her father's hug, holding onto him tightly as he cried on her shoulder. She can already feel that the years had been tremendous on him. So much had to have happened. It was time that he didn't have to live with this curse anymore. Time for her to bear it for him, even if he didn't want to.

"It's okay, daddy," she responded, tightening her hug for a moment. "I'll manage. After all, I'm your daughter."

"What?" Liev choked out, backing away from the two of them. "Ku... Honey... I don't understand... I don't know."

Kurureenu turned her attention toward Rune, the woman now glaring at him. "Kicking his ass will not help," she sneered. "If you happen to remember something useful as to why his appearance is pissing you off, that would be pretty fucking useful, Rune!" Her attention turned back toward Liev and she crossed her arms. "I just... I just don't know what to think unless I have all the information in front of me."

Arron smiles softly as he pulls away from Vivian. "Your right your my daughter and the power will make you stronger, but I want to pull you out of school for two years and have you trained to fight and I'll teach you every power I know" Arron spoke as he pats her head.

"I don't know how I know him, but looking at his face is angering me" Rune held his head as images of Liev flashed. "Fucking prince you kept flirting with Ku to piss me off" Rune was getting pissed. "He a prince alright of thief"

Vivian frowned toward her father's suggestion of pulling her out of school. "I guess I'll just break up with my boyfriend, then," she muttered with a slight shrug. "But I'd still like to go through with my studies so I can get into a college. Just because I'm not aging doesn't mean I have to be stupid doing so."

"What...? She's my fiance, what do you mean by that?" Liev asked, the confusion setting in. "You two are both crazy. Kurureenu, he's a bad influence on you."

Kurureenu held up a hand toward Liev. "No one is a bad influence on me but myself for letting others influence me. I want to find out the truth. I have the memories of that world but none of them are of you or with you. I want to know what part you have. I keep being told that destiny ties me to this moron, but I want some inkling of a difference somewhere in there. I can't be compared to my past or a different dimension. I'm me."

Arron chuckled . "Fine, but I'll help you get into what ever college you want" Arron chuckled, "I may have lost are tower, but I'm still the richest man in the city" Arron then stood up as he reaches out a hand to Vivian. "Dear I think it time to go visit your mother though I don't think she'll be happy to see my face" Arron sighs

"Hey it's not like I asked for this Ku and why do you really care about the truth I think some thing are better left buried plus aren't you happy anyway so who cares I'm sure if those memories do come back he wouldn't tell you anyway" Rune spoke. "I know you don't like hearing that and from me of all people, but shouldn't we let the past rest with that box and live for a better future"

"She might kill you," Vivian murmured with a small smile as she stood up. "Especially since both of our phones got damaged and we couldn't let her know what happened."

Kurureenu glared toward Rune. "I'm happy with knowing," she sneered. "Y'know what? Fine. We'll bury everything. No more Rune," -she took off the engagement ring on her finger and placed it in Liev's hand- "and no more Liev. Fuck this shit, fuck the both of you." She shoved her way past Liev and started to walk away at a fast pace.

Liev was frozen, staring at the ring in his hand. He felt... numb. He couldn't even find it in himself to turn and call after her. If only he could know what she was talking about, he may be able to get her back. Then again, it was just starting to seem she was getting too far gone.

Arron laughed. "She might, but that was one of the reason I fell for your mother she knew what I was and wasn't scared of the real me the first human to show me compassion" Arron smiled softly blushing

Rune looked over at Liev. "Really not going to go after her" Rune sighs "I things I do for that women" Rune spoke as he then decked Liev in the face sending him to the ground. "You better remember before you lose Ku like I did or do you want to end up like me a hollow shell of a man wishing he never thrown away his happiness" Rune then turns to Ku. "And you wait right there Ku I don't care if you want to forget about me, but this dumbass makes you smile the way I use to and I'd hate to see you sad just cause you can't get a poor fool to remember why not just stay with him the memories will unlock with time"

Vivian smiled slightly toward her father opening up about her mother. "I'm glad mom makes you feel that way, Daddy. Maybe you should bring that up when you're begging her for mercy."

Liev went sprawling to the ground after Rune decked him, the man quickly shuffling into a sitting position as RUne turned his attention to Kurureenu.

Kurureenu froze in her pace, her fists clenching. "You don't get it Rune," she hissed angrily. "If he could find it in himself to leave a version of me behind in one world, he wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again when he gets bored of me in this word!" She shook her head, then turned around to face Rune, tears stinging at her eyes again. "You don't know how fucking painful it is to just get left alone like that, Rune. Past Kurureenu had to deal with you dying and raise two children on her own. She created Hoshinko as a way to incorporate you in her life. Hoshinko was made with Rune and Kurureenu's bond that they had in the past mixed with the lights of the heaven. Thus giving the sword his name.

"Then the Kurureenu of the other world had to watch you walk away from her just like that. You abandoned her, Rune. She held a stiff upper lip and moved on with the only other man that could show a bit of interest and promise. Apparently his promise wasn't strong enough because, for some reason, he's here."

Arron laughed. "Well lets get going to the train station Vivian I'm sure your school going to be out for a while due to repairs"

Rune looked down. "Ku you might not remember this, but you died giving birth to Liev child in that area I remember getting new from him he sent me a letter saying he was going to find a way to get you back by going to that wizard Zeff and wanted my help so I helped him track down Zeff and he was sent here" Rune spoke. "My memories are telling me this so this man came here cause he couldn't bare the thought of losing you so he came here to fall for you all over again with a new life"

"A lot of people are going to be out," Vivian muttered, gazing at the destruction. "What about Rune and Reenu? Are they going to be okay?"

"What...?" the woman choked out, staring at Rune. "I... I died...?" A sharp ache spread through her skull, only bringing dull flashes of colors and screams and voices. Nothing was clear but she forced her mind to focus on the hear and now. "And what of the baby? Did he just abandon our child because he couldn't bear the thought of loosing me?"

"She died, too," Liev murmured, gaining Kurureenu's attention. "Rune is right, though. I did flirt with you to anger him, but you didn't flinch toward my advances. You only had eyes for him until he left." His gaze went toward Rune, a hint of anger in his eyes. "There was more you wanted and you couldn't get it loving a pirate. So you left. You didn't get to see the broken woman you left behind, but I helped her piece herself back together. While she sobbed away behind closed doors, I kept the ship going. It took a long time before she was finally able to move on. I also need to thank you, because the girl you broke turned into an almost unbreakable woman. Eventually I was graced with her being mine."

He turned his attention back toward Kurureenu, seeing the fresh tear streaks on her face. He carefully approached her. "I didn't expect that I'd come to another broken Kurureenu. I was going to be just as happy watching you be alive after feeling the pain of you gone. I locked away my memories so I wouldn't break myself over you still loving him. Eventually, I lucked out."

The man took hold of Kurureenu's hand, carefully slipping the ring back on. "Don't take this off again until we replace it with our wedding bands."

Kurureenu nodded, choking out a sob. This quickly instigated a tight hug from Liev, as if he was trying to hug the fractures back together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.