Open Pandora's Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune walks closer to the body seeing it was Zeff. "Well we found you old man" rune spoke softly. Zeff coughs as he looks up at them. "I see that you have found though not the way I wanted what of Mistress Vivian is she alright?" he asked worried and weakly his body mangled and his bones broken. "She fine Zeff she beat Arron" Zeff had tears coming down his face hearing the new. "Thank god she alright" he smiled weakly.

Arron wrapped his arms around Vivian as he holds her close. "I love you to my sweet little Princess" Arron spoke as tears ran down his face as he hugged her leaning down kissing the top of her head. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you Vivian I didn't want you to bear this curse" Merari watched them his face had a sadden look to it as he saw the water was getting deep enough he saw fish swimming past

"I'll bear a thousand curses so I don't loose my loved ones, daddy. It's no big deal," the girl responded, clinging tightly onto her father. Tears ran down her own face, tears of joy for being able to see her father alive again. She didn't know what she would do without him.

"She seems to be adjusting well to Arron's curse," Kurureenu murmured, her gaze finding Zeff. "A curse she was supposed to be spared from, by the sounds of it." The woman glanced toward the water before back at Zeff. "We need to get off of this island, Zeff. Take us back to our own world."

Arron smiles weakly know Vivian didn't fully understand the curse. "I'll tell you more about it and teach you when we return home my sweet" Arron spoke as his look turned towards Merari as he punched Merari in the face. Merari took the punch still floating above the water. "That was breaking your promise" Arron then punched him in the gut. "And that's for kissing my daughter you over grown crow" Merari chuckles softly rubbing his gut. "A weak punch of a human you only broke one rib Arron" he chuckles. "Now we need to get you guys off this Island"

Zeff chuckles. "I can get you off this Island, but I'll be staying here my body won't survive the trip" Zeff looked at them with a sadden look in his eyes. Rune sighs looking down at the Old King of the North sea. "Well this will be your tomb one fitting of a pirate like you" Zeff laughed. "Maybe your right Rune" Zeff then looked at Ku. "Ku please take care of the young Prince as well"

"Daddy!" Vivian cried out, her tone scolding as he had punched Merari... Twice. "Stop that. Promise or not, I accepted the burden. I did. I'm sure Merari tried to convince me otherwise, but I wouldn't let go without a fight, anyway." She looked down at the water level and back at Merari. "I just want to go home. There's a lot of damage to fix."

Kurureenu scoffed. "Prince...? There's nothing royal about this guy," she muttered, flicking Rune in the back of the head. Her attention went back to Zeff. He wasn't going to be able to make it back, so it was now or never. "How do you know Liev, Zeff?"

"Well Zeff would be your best bet to get home Vivian I can only take one person with me" Merari spoke as Arron looked at him. "Take Vivian I'll find a way home with Rune and Ku" Arron spoke patting Vivian on the head. "And don't worry about me dear ok" Arron lightly pushes Vivian to Merari as Merari hugs Vivian close as his tattoo glows as he chants. "See you soon Princess"

Zeff chuckles soft. "Ku Liev is the prince from this area" Zeff laughed. Rune looked down at Zeff. "You mean he is a prince?" Zeff nodded. "Yes his memory of this place is gone, but his love for the pirate Ku still there you met him once you and Rune took different paths he stayed in the navy while you stayed a pirate now to send you back"

"Daddy!" Vivian cried, her tone a bit scolding. "You better make it back home because I will hunt you down!" she threatened her father as Merari chanted. She was already seeing the effects of the spell and she turned her gaze back toward her father. "Promise me I'll see you on the other side!"

Kurureenu's gaze turned into a glare as he spoke. "Bullshit," she sneered angrily. "I have no recollection of Liev in this dimension. If that's even the truth, what happened to the Liev that was supposed to exist in our dimension? According to my memory, we never parted."

"I promise Vivian" Arron chuckles softly as her and Merari vanished appearing where the building was. "So Vivian what do you think about all this?" Merari asked as he turns human his wings going back inside him.

Arron starts to run to catch up to Rune and Ku as he saw Zeff as well. "Well my old friend I see your still alive" Arron spoke as he saw the condition Zeff was as a sadden look came on to his face. Rune turn seeing Arron. "Aw shark breath I see your back to normal" Rune chuckles softly. Zeff smiles weakly seeing Arron. "I'm glade to see your ok Master Rino" Zeff then turned towards Ku. "Ku is your memory so fuzzy from the other Ku you two did split up , but that doesn't matter the prince's memory is sealed not even with the box opening was it unlocked" Zeff lets out a sigh. "Now to send you three home" Arron glared at Zeff. "Like hell I'm leaving you here to die if you do die on the way back then I'll bury you myself my old friend" Arron then picked up the weaken Zeff helping him stand up as Zeff smiles again. "Fine Arron there no point in fighting with you" Zeff chanted as the images started to change around them to the destroyed New York

Vivian watched as the imagery changed back to the chaos of New York, her eyes wandering over the destruction. She almost forgot how bad it was. She was snapped out of her thoughts when Merari spoke to her. "It's... different," she murmured quietly, glancing over toward Merari a bit shyly. "But I'll get used to it."

"You're not answering all my questions!" the woman argued, everything beginning to change. "What about the Liev from our dimension? Why would Liev leave this world for another?" The destruction of New York came back into view and the woman frowned. There was no time to get her answers here and she knew it.

With frustration, she struggled her way out of the piggy back. She fell onto her butt in the process before slowly starting to force her limbs to work the way she wanted. The woman was going to get her answers whether anyone liked it or not.

"Again I'm sorry Vivian" Merari spoke tenderly and soft as he places one hand on top of her head. "I wish I could have kept the promise I made to your father" he spoke as he looked up at the sky seeing the stars. "It's late I'll stay with you till your father arrives ok" he smiles softly.

Rune looked back at Ku watching her fall to her ass knowing she was pissed at Zeff for changing the subject on her. "You ok Ku?" he asked a tad worried. Arron looks over at Zeff who he was leaning against him and sighs. "You don't have much time my friend I'm sorry about what happen to you" Zeff smiles weakly. "I had this coming Sir I'm just happy to be back in this area" Zeff looked at Ku. "I don't know why he came here Ku, but two people can't exist in the same realm so they share a mind and body like you and the other Ku's, but like I said the memories of the Liev that came here are locked in his head and not awaken or they have and he was hiding it from you" Zeff spoke as he slowly closes his eyes feeling weak.

Vivian nodded slightly. "No need to apologize, Merari," the girl murmured. "I accepted it on my own. My father just helped make it a choice for me instead of an obligation."

The woman scoffed, brushing away Rune's worried words. "I manage on my own," she hissed as she managed to make her tired limbs get her onto her feet. "I'll find out the end of this memory, even if I have to force open some mental locks. I'm tired of being left in the dark and lied to." She began to move forward slowly, the fatigue still weighing on her heavily. She needed to find Liev and, hopefully, he was where she last left him.

Merari smiled softly. "I see that very mature of you Vivian" Merari spoke as he took a seat on the stairs that use to lead to the tower. "I wounder how the world will change after the box was open in this world what do you think Vivian?"

Arron watched as Ku begins to move along as Arron then looked at Zeff. "He gone" Arron sighed as he begins to make his way to his tower not knowing what happen to it. "Good bye you two". Rune waves goodbye to Arron. "Peace shark face" Rune then follows beside Ku. "You going to be ok Ku?"

The girl glanced over toward Merari as he shared his thoughts. Her gaze went up to the sky, remembering the magical chaos of the creatures that destroyed the city. "People are going to be that much more aware of the magic this world contains. That means people are going to try a little harder to bring a bit of magic their way. In the end, you're not getting out of your desk job anytime soon," she responded, sending a small smirk toward Merari.

Kurureenu stopped in her tracks when Rune asked if she was going to be okay. Her gaze went straight toward him, glaring. "Okay...? Am I going to be okay? Now, after all the crap you had put me through before, you choose today to finally express some kind of feelings and concern for me?

What happened to the apparent shame you had for being anything to me? Where you would even go as far as telling other women that you didn't even have a girlfriend? What happened to you ignoring me? Because puking my guts out isn't something to remain concerned with, anyway! What happened to the guy that decided that 'you're always right' was going to be wrong as soon as it inconvenienced him? The one who insulted me, abused me, hurt me, and came this close to killing me!" She held up her hand angrily with her thumb and finger barely touching. "Even when I deserved better, I still chose your sorry ass until I just couldn't stand the pain of it anymore. I needed someone to save me from something even bigger than you: Myself. After all, it shouldn't be normal to contemplate taking the underwater scenic route on the way home from work."

Tears stung at her eyes and she angrily wiped at them. "Liev was there. He was there when you weren't. When I needed a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to, a ride to work, and just a bit of warmth in my life to let me know that everything was going to be okay. He gave me a bit of purpose, a little more reason to get up and go. Now... Now I'm being told that some form of this life that I built up could be a lie? If I wanted more lies, I would have gone running back to you."

The woman collapsed, her energy having gone into her angry words. While she hadn't meant to say so much, her ragged emotions caused everything to just spill out. She put her hands over her face and sobbed into them, starting to feel the same heartbreak she did when she saw Liev's lifeless body hit the ground. What was she supposed to do? What was she meant to do? She felt like a character with no apparent future, the story-line always changing according to this 'God' of an author to block any path of her ever getting to the end. Block the path to any potentially happy future that she could have been going through.

A sadistic 'God' of an author who never intended on her never suffering.

"Well that's to bad and here I wanted to get to know you Vivian since your going to be in my care from now on" Merari spoke softly as he sighed looking up at the sky. "There something you need to know about this curse I'm sure your father wants to be the one to tell you Vivian, but I can if you want"

Rune watched Ku as she had her break down laying down everything she had to deal with all because he ran from her and his guilt like a child her words cutting him deep and he felt his heart feel heavy as he then watch her fall to her knees sobbing. Rune then went down on one knee and wrapped his arms around Ku. "I'm sorry Ku I'm truly sorry not a day goes by I wish I could turn back the time and make it all right by you and give you that future I promise, but in truth I fucked up way beyond repair" tears ran down Rune's face as he hugged her tighter. "I mean I was happy to hear you found someone that could do right by you Ku and I'm happy for you" Rune then kissed Ku's forehead. "How about we go find him so you can get what you wanted then if you want me to I'll leave you to your happy ending" Rune smiles weakly

Arron sighs softly as he carried Zeff. "We fucked up a lot of lives Zeff how are we going to atone for these sins" Arron saw Vivian and Merari smiling weakly. "Where almost home Zeff"

Vivian raised a brow toward Merari telling her she was in his care now. She shrugged it off, responding to his question instead. "If my father wants to tell me, it would be best to let him tell me," she replied.

Kurureenu returned the hug, needing the warmth in her moment. She eventually managed to calm her sobs into sets of hiccups as she nodded her head into Rune's shoulder. "Let's fine Liev," she choked out, slowly pulling away from Rune. "Can you give me a piggy back ride? I don't think I can stand, still..."

Merari looks over seeing Arron and Zeff. "It looks like Arron made it back" Merari smiles softly as he yawns softly. "I have been behind a desk to long all this field work is something I haven't done in years" Arron made it close enough to hear Merari. "Oh stop your bitching you" Arron scuffed as he lies the now dead Zeff on the ground and sighs as he smiles weakly looking at Vivian. "I promised I'd make it back didn't I princess"

Rune smiled weakly as he whipped his tears as he turns his back to Ku getting ready. "Hope on Ku we'll go find him" Rune chuckles softly.

"Daddy!" Vivian called, getting up and running over to her father. She waited for him to put down the lifeless form of Zeff before giving him a quick hug. "I'm glad you kept your promise, daddy."

Kurureenu wrapped her arms around him, holding on as tight as she could without accidentally choking him. "I'm starting to see some people on the street, so Liev may be heading to the house," she pointed out, shoving the image of the destruction from her mind. "It's on 47th after First Street."

Arron wraps his arms around Vivian smiling softly. "I'm glade your ok my princess" Arron spoke as he glare at Merari. "That bird brain didn't touch you did he?" Merari chuckled softly. "And what if I did Arron your human now you can't hurt me, but seeing that your back I'll take my leave for now I'll see you again Vivian" Merari's pure black wings came out as he took to the skys flying away. "That dam bird knows how to get under my skin"

Rune nodded. "Alright Ku I think I remember where thats at" Rune begins to walk the streets at night as some of the city is still lit by flames in some parts and the street lamps in others.

Vivian chuckled at her father's reaction toward Merari. "It's fine, daddy," she chuckled, clinging onto her father's arm. "Be nice to Merari. You two are friends, aren't you?"

"That's creepy," Kurureenu muttered after Rune spoke. "Cause you shouldn't know where I live. I even told my friends to keep my location on the down low to keep away from you."

"Fuck no were not that basterd lied to me about getting power and cursed me like hell that bird brain my friend" Arron scuffed as he then turned to look at Vivian and smiles softly. "Though if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have a daughter as wonderful as you" Arron spoke with a hint of a blush then his face had a sadden look on his face. "Vivian we need to talk it's been a long time coming" Arron leads her to the stairs and sits her down then sits next to her"

"That's not what I ment Ku" Rune spoke starting to blush. "Geez I'm not that much of a creep I just ment I know were thats at cause I drive past it to get to work" Rune chuckled softly as he starts walking. "The worlds going to change after all this Ku I just hope it's for the better"

Vivian smiled widely and giggled as her father spoke about Merari and herself. She took her father's hand as he led her to the steps to talk. There was a lot that she didn't know, especially about her father's life since the world just opened up. She wondered what more there was to know now.

Kurureenu grumbled slightly, resting her head on his shoulder. "If I knew that, I would have asked Liev if we could move," she muttered. "He would have gladly done so, too."

Status
Not open for further replies.