One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the debris and dust of the recently destroyed door and wall headed towards tower A, the shadow of a man made its way into view. Sauntering in through the path of destruction was Captain Fenrir Kaldr. His orders were to act as the line of defense for those intruders en route to what he assumed was the lever within the aforementioned tower. His assumptions were correct considering that the intruders had just blasted a hole to the entryway towards their intended target. Once past what remained of the threshold Fenrir let out a deep yawn, a trademark of his usual lethargic demeanor before uttering,

"Shimo Shimo no Flash Freeze."

The next instant a gust of chilled air and a rapid expansion of ice encased the entryway, reducing it to a jagged ice like structure. This in turn blocked of their passage onward and with him on the field, their only means of escape. The release of the technique also dispelled any remaining dust within the area and gave the Pirates a clear view of their opposition. Fenrir stood with his shoulders relaxed, his stance widened and his hands secluded within his pockets. However as this may appear to others as the male merely erecting himself in a rather nonchalant fashion; the seriousness in his gaze, backed by the gleam in his deep and uniquely structured cerulean eyes betrayed that fact. Those within the Marines knew that this stance was signature of "Frostbite Fenrir's" style of combat, one which he would soon be forced to demonstrate on the unruly intruders who'd barged into Base 13.

"Geez, out of all the Tower's why'd you guys pick here? I hate dealing with the responsibility of guarding this place."

Fenrir finished his statement with an exasperated yawn, before evaluating each of the intruders. Regarding all of their appearances and what exactly they had in their possession produce the amount of havoc they were wreaking. The man leading the pack equipped with an interesting pair of chakrams was the first to gain his attention; it appeared that he was the individual who'd blasted his way through the door. His eyes then shifted to the hulking mass of beefed up cow that was positioned behind him; given his size and the gaping hole that he was now doubt responsible for he was another one he'd have to keep an eye out for, as if he could miss him. The last member of the group appeared to be the easiest to overlook, the uneasiness he displayed along with the amount of effort he was using to hold up the gun showed that he wasn't exactly graced with combat potential. Still if he'd made it this far despite his appearance Fenrir wasn't about to underestimate him.

"Normally in these conditions I'm supposed to tell you about what laws you're breaking and stuff like that. But, that's way to bothersome. Could you guys maybe just give it a rest, turn yourselves in and we call this a day?"

Knowing full well the answer to his request, Fenrir remained at the ready. However it was still nice to extend the invitation for surrender. Given the amount of trouble left in their wake he doubted they'd come quietly. As big of a pain in the ass as it was, orders were orders and his orders were clear. Not one Pirate makes their way into Tower A and he was going to make sure of that.

Reactions: - Falcon -
As they made there round about they came into contact with this human Popsicle, Smirking Ezekiel rubbed his head thinking as the man seemed to not be like the rest of the marines who he easily pushed out of the way. When asked if he could simply give up he let a deep chuckle go before his pupil's fluctuated and steam seemed to escape from his nose as he exhaled. " I'm sorry...we cannot do that and we cannot allow you to get in our way so if you do not mind getting the hell out of the way " he said putting his massive hand hooves towards the ground, His energy seemed as if it was rising.

" If you shall not...then i will be forced to break through your wall "

He averted his gaze back towards the talking cow; his stare was cold as he heard his words. He also didn't fail to notice the steam he'd expelled from his nose or his sudden shift in posture. Both this and his final words registered as not only an act of noncompliance, but a threat as well. Even while regarding the the bulked up steaks actions, he took care to keep track of the others actions as well; didn't want anybody running off if a fight were to ensue.

"Do you guys all feel that way?", he spoke out towards the entire group.

"Cause if that's the case....I won't be responsible if you guys end up hurt."

As he finished that statement, his eyes gave off an distinct gleam and the air around him began to chill. The ground within 5ft of began to gloss over with a layer of frost as his powers activated. If its a fight they wanted then he'd have oblige. His orders were clear and he was one to follow through with his directives. He glared onward at them all, readying himself should they decide to make the first move.

The good doctor was having a blast when he saw Lorelei on the ground surrounded. He was about to help her when she gave in to her insticts. "Okay, that works." A marine catches him with a shot to the leg while he wasn't paying attention. "Ah! That smarts!" He focuses back on his fight. Kyy takes out the marine who shot him, slowing down a bit from the wound.

Guard after guard fell before Emrik as he made his way up the stairs towards the top of tower B, and still he did not draw his sword. Shusui had a temper and he preferred not to unleash the black blade without reason. So far these marine weaklings had given him none. Oh they tried. Man after man charged him, man after man fell. Perhaps if they had all worked together they might have managed it. But none of them did. Each of the marines he faced wanted to be the one to take down "Black Moon" Emrik. Each one wanted to claim the honor of being the one to defeat the pirate captain in single combat. In the end it was their own idiocy and greed that did them in. No one man could hope to stand up to the wrath of a D and expect to prevail, not unless they could somehow match that determination.

Oh Emrik hadn't killed anyone, yet. He preferred not to. After all those he was facing were weak, and the weak could not choose their own way of death. Far better to let them live and learn. Perhaps next time they'd be a challenge. So Emrik left a trail of unconscious bodies behind as he passed through the halls and climbed the stares. For a moment he wondered why there was no one stronger here. Were they all off guarding the other towers? Surly the decoy team hadn't managed to create that much of a distraction? And then it struck him, "There must be someone uncommonly strong at the top of this tower that they would let them stand guard alone," he chuckled to himself, and then he laughed. This would be fun.

Finally after what seemed to be an endless barrage of one marine after another, Emrik reached the top of the stairs and entered a long deserted corridor. Strange that it should be so silent up here after the commotion below. He continued on almost cautiously, checking the labels on the doors, finding the most likely path until he reached it. A single unadorned door at the end of the hallway. To much to hope it was unlocked . . . hesitantly he balanced on one foot and tested the latch with the other. It gave.

Raising an eyebrow he gave the door a gentle nudge open and then took a step back from it choosing to remain in the hallway instead of entering. As the door swung slowly open he could see a nearly full moon streaming its light through the window, and something else. Along the floor right next to the door was what looked like a shadow. For there to be a shadow something had to cast it. This one looked like the edge of a shoe. No, two shoes. Part of the shadow had moved back just then. They were very good, whoever was hiding. Another half inch inward and he never would have seen it.

"Come on out, my friend. I'm not stupid enough to walk into so obvious an ambush. Bring your comrade with you if you like, I can see the edge of your shadows on the other side of that open door."

When the door slowly opened, Caim already had his grip on the hold of his sword. Of course he wouldn't want to win this way, but an ambush would be causing less damage to both, him, and the tower. Unfortunately this one was smarter than most of his comrades since he found out that someone really was there.
Caim let out a sigh. It looked like he had to fight after all. Before doing anything else, he whispered to Reimu.
"Stay at the lever. I need you as a last defense line."
He opened the door from his side, smirking as he saw the tattoo of this person.
"Sup."
Thanks to the talk he had with Brito in the town, he researched, just in case, who the Black moon pirates were. From the bounty letters, he knew that their captain stood before them.
"My name is Caim. Commander of Base 13, and also the one in charge of guarding Tower B.
No need to introduce yourself. Captain of the Black Moon Pirates, Roald D. Emrik, or do you prefer 'Black Moon' Emrik?"

"Emrik is fine," he answered very pointedly keeping his hands away from his sword. "And to be honest I'm not really in the mood to fight," he continued, "I did managed to make it all the way up here without killing anyone. It'd be a shame to start now. Besides, judging by the sounds of the chaos," he tilted his head slightly to the side, listening, "My mean haven't yet breached the other two towers so we do have a bit of time to talk. Perhaps we can reach a reasonable solution to this mess?"

Huffing out through her nose, Rei simply nods to Caim as her eyes look towards Emrik as she moves to block the way towards the lever. Staff over her shoulder, she stands in wait to keep any who try to near at bay. ~Wonder if he brought anyone with him.. Better not pull anything cheap.~ As she stood there, her blue eyes would gleam from the moonlight, waiting now.

"The only solution i see is for you and your men to surrender. Even if i wanted to just let you go, i can't because infiltrated a military base, you caused quite the damage, and most importantly: Many of my men are by now wounded or dead by now. As the captain of your crew, you are responsible for their actions."
Caim took the scabbard of his sword and removed the leather band that kept it on his waist. He now had his yet sheathed sword in his left hand and began to approach Emrik slowly. He held his weapon like this to be able to defend and parry attacks.
"You can shorten the time for the later interrogation though. What is your reason for being here?"

Last edited:
"Turning in would cause more problems than it would solve," Julius yawned.

As he spoke, he flicked his hand nonchalantly, the kunai seeming to disappear.

"We've got a job to do and you're in the way."

He flexed his hands once more.

"You're not gonna go away so you're gonna go out with a bang."

"Hyoo hyoo..." he inhaled, before bringing his hands in the familiar funnel with surprising speed. "BOOMSTICK!"

He fired the double explosive shot at the Marine but his real target was the wall behind him. He wanted the Marine to dodge. Then the Waterboy could get through while the two of them put this guy on ice.

"I suppose you're right about that," Emrik said scratching his chin, "I did tell my people to go wild. But when you set a group of pirates on a marine base casualties are to be expected." He smiled at the marine in front of him as the man approached him with his weapon undrawn yet ready all the same.
"As for my reason for being here," Emrik shrugged, "I might as well tell you as not. When I arrived on this island there was quite a bit of chaos. I'm sure you already know why. Any way, the reason for the chaos is the same reason I'm here. I'm here to set a certain Captain Brito free."

Through all the chaos going on, there was another man who was approaching the base. He had heard of the rear admiral's style, and had heard the uproar that the people had given for their Marine's life when she was condemned for death. He had nothing better to do, and so he had made his way towards the base, shuffling his cards as he moved. Most of the people that had come through were dead or unconscious he assumed, though he made no effort to check. It didn't matter to him really. His goal was to make sure that the Captain was freed from her cell, and further than that, he had decided that it was the rear admiral's time to die. Her nature made her clearly unsuited for her post, and it was his duty to make sure that she left it. Or at least, that was his opinion on the matter.

As he neared the gates, he saw that there were in fact, men guarding them, though they seemed intent on looking in the direction he was hearing the sounds of combat from. As he approached them, one of them noticed, and they turned their guns on him. "No one is allowed on the base at this time, turn back immediately!" Their voices called. Requiem only smiled and kept walking.

Immediately, a small regiment of soldiers broke away, and came running towards him, weapons drawn. With all the chaos that had occurred, they had no patience or tolerance for anyone blatantly disregarding their instructions. Especially if this person was with the last group. Reinforcements perhaps.

"Lads, you've done a fine service to this area, defending it against all manner of marauders and villains. Now, I'd hate to have to kill you, but I really do need to get inside. Do you understand what I'm saying here?" The Gambler asked, flicking his cards into the air once more, in a carefully practised maneuver.

The guards raised their rifles, and Requiem sighed, releasing a charge into the cards that were in the air, each rushing forward into the bodies of their intended targets, exploding on impact, and leaving rather large holes in the bodies of the dead.

"Such a shame, really. I did offer you a chance though." He remarked to himself, pocketing the rest of his cards and making his way forward, disregarding the combat coming from other sections of the area.

Inside, it was much cleaner, the hallways by this point were mostly bare, except for the occasional body here or there. He didn't have the official layout of the building, so he was mostly just wandering, and hoping to get lucky. It happened more often than not.

The building was remarkably circular. Generic as all the places were, so he figured he could find the place in question. He was correct of course, follow the trail of bodies and he came to an area that seemed like it hadn't been hit by the pirates yet. It was marked as Tower C. He handled the few guards that were hanging about the area and made his way to the top. There at the top were a group of Marines, and what he assumed was a captain, although he wasn't sure. He never cared too much for ranking.

"Hello there, don't suppose any of you could direct me to the Rear Admiral's Office, could you?" He asked, a bored tone in his voice becoming quite apparent as he pulled his deck of cards out of his jacket. "I was hoping to play a game of cards"

Last edited:
Caim stopped, standing just out of each other's sword range. When he heard Emrik's reason for being here, his expression changed to a somewhat surprised one. He was not surprised that they came here to save Brito. He expected as much already. He was more surprised about the fact that he was right.
"A pirate who comes to save a Marine? Now i've seen everything. But it explains your strategy. However. Even if you pull the switches, you will not get far. The prison cells are secured with a lock, and the bars of each prison are quite sturdy. In case you had an idea for blowing a part of it up: You'll need so many explosives to tear down a wall that you will risk tearing Brito apart with the blast as well."
Now the question. Why would a strategically thinking marine speak like that. To brag about Base 13th Prison? Or maybe to give a warning and a hint at the same time.
"Your only way of getting her out-"
Now he moved his weapon and pointed with the bottom of the scabbard at Emrik.
"-is to defeat me. I am the one who keeps the key."
And again, Brag or hint?

Eyes looking towards Caim and Emrik equally, thoughts go through Reimu's mind as she shifts her hold over her staff, more into a defensive pose. ~He told them bluntly?.. Does he too want her to be free in some way and hope they get the key from him?... Even for him, that's strange... But still, what will I do..~ Her hands grip tighter over her staff, exhaling through her nose. Whatever it was, something was making her tense.

His ice cold glare suddenly rested on the man with the chakrams as he finished his statement about taking him out, the unique gleam in his eyes displaying yet again.

"Unlikely"

Acting around the same time Julius was bringing his hands to his mouth to perform what he assumed was the same technique he'd used previously to blast apart the wall, Fenrir would have to respond accordingly. Re-positioning his right shoulder behind him and tensing it, his powers already primed for his countermeasure. By now the Hyoo Hyoo Boomstick was fired and rocketing towards its intended target, most likely giving him only a few moments to respond. It was all he would need. Shifting his weight forward, his respective fist only vacating his pockets for a second, faster than he reckoned most of the party could keep up with. Utilizing his Yukikaze no Ken style of martial arts he'd unleash rapid fire punch backed by his Shimo Shimo powers. The punch carried a dense pocket of his Frost powers, appearing as a cluster of ice crystals in the form of large air bullet. The technique was known as...

"Shimo Shimo no Arctic Impact!"

The dense cluster of compacted and frosted air shot forth just in time to intercept Julius' attack right at the halfway mark between them. The two attacks collided and exploded into an expansion of ice and debris. The explosion resounded throughout the area and a gust of chilled air blasted its way through the corridor, rushing towards past both parties. The ensuing backlash forcibly rustled Fenrir's Marine attire, his hair fluttering wildly from the force. Even still he stood his ground, both hands now secluded back in his pockets. The Pirate attack must have been packing quite a punch for their to be this much backlash, but that was to be expected. They seemed serious about achieving whatever it was they had set out to do here. However determination alone doesn't always warrant victory, a lesson he'd impress upon all of these intruders.

By now the cloud of debris had begun to dissipate giving them both a clearer view of each. Fenrir remained firm in his position, his glare fixated on the Pirate crew. If they wanted to progress past him they'd have to give it a bit more than this.

The movement quick and loud, almost thunderous at the most. The soot seemed to of given him enough cover and enough time to release his move, a move called " Earth puller " which infact seemed like he pulled the earth towards him yet all it was. Was him pulling himself so fast in a distance that someone would feel as if he pulled them to him, Yet at this moment his target was the wall. The smoke giving him enough cover he slammed to the base of the ice wall with the force of what seemed like a wall against wall collision, causing the ground to crack and the wall to begin to crackle and shake before he re emerged from the hole he just made in the wall. His eyes beaming red, he released steam from his nose again as he rolled his neck.

" What a tough wall you made " he nodded respectfully, before slamming his fist's into the floor.

Julius wasn't the slightest fazed by the blowback, simply tossing his head and letting his goggles slip down over his eyes. As the debris cleared he began to clap slowly.

"Seems like we've got a Fruit on our hands. Too bad he chose the wrong people to play with."

It had been easy enough for him to see the attack, or rather sense it - manipulating the wind, and by nature air, was his thing after all. He slipped his hands into his pockets, mocking the Marine.

"Guess you're gonna give us the cold shoulder then."

"Southern hyoo hyoo..." he sharply inhaled, his chest expanding with the amount of air he sucked in.

"ROAR!"

A blast of hot air reminiscent of the tropical winds of the south exploded from Julius' mouth streaking toward the Marine with incredible force.

Emrik smiled and folded his arms across his chest. "It seems that for someone who states that they have to be defeated in order for me to reach my goal , you have a strange aversion to fighting," he smirked. "However, you've over looked one other possibility. Two really. I could defeat you, but the Rear Admiral is in the prison tower correct? So even if I do somehow fight and defeat you and your friend, pull the switch and take the key, it leaves me to worn out to deal with her if the occasion calls for it. If I fall here then so does my crew and while I'm perfectly willing to die to achieve my goals I can't say the same for them." Emrik roared with laughter at this point and only when he had caught his breath did he continue.
"No, I'd rather preserve my strength for the time being in case I do need to fight her. So I will not be fighting you. You are going to give me the key, either willingly, or because I'm going to force your hand. And you are going to allow me to pull that switch as well."

With all of her strength, Brito began pushing the prison bars with both of her feet. It was for naught, but Brito didn't want the fire inside of her to snuff out. Short of breath, Brito let herself take a break from her pounding. Plus, the sound was reverberating against the walls, causing the other prisoners to shout insults at her. Brito tried to ignore them, but their voices were aggravating. "Ah well," she murmured amongst the noise. "I'm bein' loud. I guess they get to be loud, too." Brito's mouth curved upward into a grin, her lips parting to release out the laughter that was trapped inside her. Brito laughed and laughed, causing a good portion of the prison to become silent. As it died down, the laughter became sobbing, and soon Brito was laying on her back, trying to wipe away the tears.

"It's hopeless. I'm really done for. And...I'm actually scared," she whispered, a headache forming over her temples. She still didn't know the name of her katana. Hell, she didn't think the damn thing needed one. Something in the back of her mind told her that it was urgent for her to learn, if she wished to survive. But, did it all matter? No matter what she did, Brito would end up dead by dawn. Sitting back up again, Brito held herself by her arms, bringing her knees close to her chest. All around her, explosions and shouts could be heard. It was all a mess. But, the only thing that bothered her more were her thoughts. She lowered her head. "Dammit."

What was taking dawn so long?

Gritting her teeth, Reimu closes her eyes in thought, stress overcoming her. ~Damnit.. What's gone over me.. This best not bite me in the ass later.~ Opening her eyes after the two conversed, Reimu exhales and her grip over her staff loosens. One hand leaving it, letting it lean downward in a passive hold, she moves to hop on her feet faintly. "Blackfoot Shadow..." She'd mutter quietly, her eyes shadowed over as she now vanishes, she reappears behind Caim with a leg straight up in the air with her heel lined up. Before anyone could notice what she was up to, she'd bring her heel straight down towards the back of Caim's head, likely trying to knock him out when his guard is towards his front. ~Forgive me, Caim.. I'd rather die than let Brito be.~

With that done and if succeeded, she only looks up to Emrik with a cold, grim stare, looking ready to respond after some time.

Reactions: Lusterless Nova
Status
Not open for further replies.