One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation was more than difficult. On one hand, he had given him enough hints to know what to do, but on the other, he wouldn't be allowed to give him the key, no matter what. There was no use to reason with him, so he took his weapon into it's usual position, grabbed the sword with his right hand, made his muscles move to draw it... and passed out from someone's attack. As a result, his sword was send flying into the wall, where it made a stab until half of the blade was in it. Caim's left hand's muscles were still tense as his body fell to the ground, so he held onto the scabbard even then. When he lied on the ground, something inside the scabbard was heard moving from the impact.

Last edited:
'What the fuck is taking them so damn long?' Lorelei wondered as she sliced through the group of marines, teeth and claws tearing at any piece of flesh she could find. Suddenly a new smell hit her nose. This didn't smell like marine blood. Someone had hit the doctor hard enough to bleed. She felt a protective sense of rage start to bubble up. Someone hurt one of the pirate crew she was most likely going to join. A crowd of people lay dead or incapitated around her. Someone hurt her nakama. She started to run to the other crowd as more soldiers filed out to help protect their outer wall. Someone was going to die. Lorelei was ruthless in taking on the new enemies, making sure if their were survivors, they lost a limb.

"Well, now that was unexpected!" Emrik blinked at the woman who had just done him a huge favor, "and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank yeh kindly madam." If he still had on his hat he would have tipped it at her.
As it was Emrik settled for dumping the key out of the scabbard, as the sound had indicated it was hidden there, and then slipping into the room to pull the switch. "Now the question is would you like to help me the rest of the way? or would you prefer to be knocked out as well so you can later claim innocence?"

Sneering as she doesn't settle her gaze, Lt. Kairo turns to her side and dips her head, closing her eyes, "If you really are here to break Brito out, I'd rather it be my head than hers if that madcow of a rear admiral found out.. Even if you weren't to attack today, I'd have likely pulled something myself.. I don't expect much from a pirate, but if I can trust that you keep your word I ask that you don't leave us unscathed.. It would be very unconvincing if we somehow let you pass without much an injury to us whatsoever.. Despite this, I've already been prepared to take consequences for my actions. The corruption in the Marines is sickening. It's why I joined, to be rid of it one way or another, whatever the pace. Just do what you will, get Brito out of here and get the hell out.." Gritting her teeth as she even swallows her pride divulging this to a pirate, she can't help but end up grinning, letting out a short, single laugh, "I wonder if I can see her before all this ends.. What would she think when she's freed by a bunch of pirates, and the very ones she was keeping an eye out for nonetheless.."

Tsubaki strolled into the bar, letting out a lazy yawn. Since eating her zoan fruit, her sleep schedule had turned nocturnal, and she swore she slept more hours than she stayed awake.
"Tsubaki!" A waitress called from the bar.
Tsubaki looked up as her name was called, and only then did she notice that the bar she had been working for at night was absent of it's usual joyful, careless air. There were still patrons drinking all around, but the bar was quiet and there was a serious atmosphere. She looked to the waitress who had called her name, who was now rushing toward her.
"There are pirates on the island! And they're invading the Marine base!" The waitress exclaimed, and Tsubaki knew this was probably the biggest event that had ever happened on this small island.
Pirates on the island were rare, given that there was a rather tough Marine base along with a harsh climate. When Tsubaki had her falling out with her crew, she had gotten stranded on the island with no ship to leave. Since, she had taken odd jobs and kept her head low around the Marines. For the past month, she had been working night-shifts at the bar. If any of the Marines who visited the bar were ever suspicious of her, they never gave it away. The waitress who had helped her get a job at the bar told her to not tell anyone where she was from, and tried to get her to dress more in the regular fashion. She had learned since leaving Amazon Lily that most women were not as scantily clad as her tribe was. Although the clothes were restricting, neither did she want to be a spectacle for the Marines to investigate, so she had donned the clothes and told no one of her home island.
"Why are pirates invading a Marine base?" Tsubaki asked, curious. Usually, pirates stayed away from the island as a whole. And now there was a crew causing a big ruckus?
"There was a big situation with the Marines, and long story short, they're helping out to free a Marine who's being wrongly executed. They said anyone who helps them can join their crew, this is your chance!"
Tsubaki had been waiting for the day she could happen upon a pirate crew and once again go back to sea. But...did she really want to go with a crew crazy enough to invade a Marine base to help a Marine? "I don't know..." She said hesitantly, pondering the situation.
"Tsubaki~ Come pour me a beer~" One of the men from the bar called, drunkenly. For some reason, the regulars at the bar had taken a liking to her. Unfortunate, because all of the regulars were men.
"Quiet, male," Tsubaki snapped, her amber eyes giving the man a hard stare. She had learned to tolerate men since leaving Amazon Lily, but that didn't mean she had to like them.
"This may be your only chance for a long time, whether that pirate crew is foolish or not. I know you don't want to stay here, Tsubaki, and they looked strong. We heard a lot of noise coming from the base. I'm sure they're already inside and on their way to rescue that Marine-girl as we speak!" The waitress said, a blind faith in a pirate crew she didn't even know sparkled in her eyes.
"Tch, a female at least," Tsubaki grunted. At least she wouldn't be helping to save a stupid male. "I'll go, but if I get captured I will break out and come back to kill you." Although she meant her words, the waitress just grinned as if it was a joke, and began to shuffle her back out the door. Tsubaki, set on her decision, gave the waitress nothing but a nod before she started off towards the Marine base. She heard the waitress call after her, wishing her good luck.

Admittedly, he was surprised by the display of speed the large bison had shown. Given his stature he would assume him to be more of a powerhouse than a speedster, although that still seemed to be the case considering the amount of damage he'd caused to the Ice Wall. He averted his gaze momentarily towards the brute, his glare even more apparent as he prepared to respond to the beast-man's comment. That was until, he heard Julius beginning to utter the command for his next attack. There seemed to be some form of variation to this one in particular.

Seeing the results of taking the attack head on before, he saw it fit to handle this attack in a different fashion. Focusing his powers around his right leg, sliding it back and then swiftly raising it from its position on the floor he cocked it closer to his body. He followed this up by firing his leg forward at an incredible speed and force towards Julius' position.

"Shimo Shimo no Ice Lance!"

Using the energy he'd piled into his foot to form the technique. Firing off his Ice and crafting it into a piercing projectile, its back end flattened while the front end was sharpened down giving the appearance of a lance hence the name. The Ice Lance rocketed forward, piercing through the air as it traveled leaving behind a trail of chilled air and frost crystal residue. Due to its structure and the power behind the kick, the projectile moved rapidly as it pierced through the air towards its target. It was intended to reach Julius just as he released his own attack, hopefully moving fast enough to reach him before the attack could get much traction. If it connected Julius would be pierced straight through the abdomen, thus ending his life.

However the attack served more than one purpose, the back end of the Lance was flattened for a reason. Using the force of the kick and the surface of the ice, Fenrir propelled himself off his own attack, kicking off the bottom of it in order to do so. He used this as a means to head straight for Ezekiel at an impressive pace. Both his hands were yet again secluded in his pockets, having re-sheathed his 'weapons' for the next attack. His gaze was now fixated on the Bison-man as he slammed his fist into the ground.

"As for you....", he said, his voice cold with seriousness.

Fenrir clenched his fist within his pocket, focusing his energy to his hand hardening it in a coating of ice. It was rare that he'd have to resort to this style, but he had a feeling that his Yukikaze would be rather ineffective against the brute. So he was left with no choice but to resort to his 'Hard' Style of combat. His fist now entirely coated in a dense coating of ice he had prepared the attack just as he reached attacking range of Ezekiel, perfect timing.

"Hyoga no Ken: Tundra Straight!"

Using the speed of his martial art, he unsheathed his altered fist at a amazing pace. Although slower than his Yukikaze, what it lacked in speed the Hyoga Style made up for in power. The haymaker blasted from his pocket, releasing a gust of frosty air from the sheer force of the draw. The punch was as the named implied, a straight punch carrying the force of a freight train aimed directly for the Bison's face. If he didn't respond accordingly, even given his size, he'd find himself out cold. It was Fenrir's mistake to underestimate this band of Pirates. It would not happen again, it was time for them to learn how he'd acquired his title: "Frostbite" Fenrir.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You are a very brave girl," Emrik murmured as he prepared to strike, "It's a pity more marines can't be like you. Don't worry, I'll make it convincing." and with a well placed blow Emrik knocked the woman unconscious. Turning to catch her as she fell, and the carrying her to the end of the hallway near the stairs and placing her so it looked like she had been slammed against a wall with no time to call out for back up when he originally arrived.

The man he left on the floor, though he did finally draw his sword. The black blade gleamed in the moon light as he began slicing up the area, doors, walls, any furniture he found, he even managed to blow out part of the exterior wall. piles of rubble soon littered the area, a fine coat of dust covered everything and by the time Emrik was finished any who came after would believe the young man had fought a full fledged battle before finally being defeated.

From there he simply flipped the switch, and then destroyed the thing. No need to leave a chance that any one else could reverse all his hard work. Now to get to the prison gates and hope his crew and new friends had managed their part of the plan.

Over in Tower C

Those few marines who had been stationed in tower C were on their guard. Pirates were attacking the base after all. All nonmilitary persons were suspect. including this one that so nonchalantly wandered into their midst.
The moment Requiem appeared rifles were raised, swords were drawn, and the captain stepped forward.
"Who are you?" he demanded, "and what business have you with the Rear Admiral." Most marines would have attacked, but not this one. He wanted to see how much information he could get before things turned to violence. If he could get a grasp on this person's abilities. Besides, there was something vaguely familiar about that face.

"I'm just a humble gambler, seeking audience with the Rear Admiral. I do apologise for the poor timing, but you see, it is of the utmost importance." Requiem replied with a light smile, shifting the cards through the air once again. "So, do you guys mind telling me where I need to go? I really don't want to have to fight you all, it just wouldn't be fair, but, as I said, it's rather important that I speak with her." He repeated himself, his casual smile never fading off of his face as the cards dropped back into his hand. It would be a simple task to incapacitate the main lot, but he knew that he would have to be careful with a Captain, regardless of his own skill. Arrogance brings failure after.

Tsubaki had taken a pit stop to grab her metal claws and change into her customary Kuja garments, a black one-piece bikini. If she was going to storm a Marine base, she was not going to do it in the restricting clothes most women outside of Amazon Lily seemed to prefer.
Now, after taking a lap around the base, Tsubaki stood in front of the very obvious entry point of at least one pirate: a gaping hole in the wall. No wonder the townspeople had heard a noise earlier. She unhesitatingly stepped through the hole, and proceeded to growl "prison" and bash Marines until she got one that finally said something useful. Not all Marines were made of tough stuff, and she quickly discovered that with enough threats and rough shaking, the man she now had in her grasp was willing to answer questions she hadn't even asked. After he explained to her the purpose of the towers for getting into the actual prison section of the base, she sniffed around. To her right ('Tower B', the Marine explained) she could smell several humans...and more explosive powder. Although Tsubaki had a destructive nature that could appreciate a bomb blast, her sensitive hearing would not thank her for it. Thus, she instead turned left, towards what the marine told her would be 'Tower C'. As she started in that direction, she could tell from the relieved look on the Marine's face that he thought she was done with him. That was not the case. Giving him a malicious grin full of teeth, she grabbed his arm and started dragging him with her. Before heading to Tower C, she would first find some rope and put her new pet on a leash.

Reactions: Detective Zero
This was the island of Sabaku, where Marine Base 13 resided on. Having heard quick a bit about it from her grandfather, Eira thought it would be a good time to see what it was all about before deciding whether or not she'd be willing to join them. Not wanting to stall, she made her way to the entrance of Base 13 to see if she could get someone to speak with her.

As she walked through the town towards the Base, eyes followed her every movement, wondering why a strange young woman like herself was doing on Sabaku Island. In the eyes of many, she looks like a traveler wandering around for supplies. To Eira this was an accomplishment, if anyone knew she was a Marine they'd immediately be intimidated by her presence or not think much of her since she was a female Marine. Finally making it to the entrance, there stood a man being questioned by the Marines at sword point about his reason for being there.

Not far behind the gentleman, she watched a from a distance yet close enough for the Marines to notice that she was there. 'And to think that it'd be simple to just walk into the Base without trouble..' She thought to herself.

A michievious twinkle appeared in Julius' eyes. This Marine was good; he could easily admit this. There was one thing he lacked though - information. As the Hyoo Hyoo Roar left his lips, he was kicked back by the force that always accompanied adding a Wind to it. It gave him just enough time to fling his hands out from his pockets. They hadn't been there idle - of course not. Ten kunai bolted themselves into the walls, five on each side. Trailing from them were razor thin but still very strong wires - wires whose ends had wrapped themselves around the ice lance, halting it's momentum barely a centimeter from his chest. He took a step back, as though bracing himself before bring his hand together and pushing forward towards the ice lance. It seemed as though he were going to impale them upon the ice but rather the lance rocketed forward, back towards the Marine.

He spun, his hands once more bristling with kunai that were flung at high velocity, his winds pushing them to speeds unthinkable by human strength. Attached to each of them was an impact explosive - even if they missed the Marine, he was in for some fireworks.

Perfect he set the motion for the escape he spoke aloud as the man came flying at him " Julius, If i die here, make sure it was not for nothing " His fist which were in the ground grappled to the earth, The ground shaking and steam escaping quickly from his nose. " Ushi no ushi: Earthshatterer!!!! " His eyes widening and seeming to show the bloodshot effect, " RAAHG! " the ground beneath them all shattering. But the slab he grabbed infont of him whip lashing up towards the marine heading towards him, As it comes up in his line of site he flies through it at the speed of the earth puller. taking the man through the wall. If not properly blocked, it could be very damaging.

Kyy finished with the marines around him and ran over to Lorelei, limping a bit. "Want some back-up?" He laughs. "Chrono Stop!" A 2d clock appears in front of him, slowing a bit before stopping all together. The marines in a ten foot radius of him do the same. "Now's our chance." He cuts a marine's tendons then moves on to the next.

Fenrir's eyes furrowed at Ezekiel's move. This man was becoming rather troublesome! He'd have to deal with this accordingly, but first he would tend to Julius.

As Julius brandished his kunai, he would be subdued by swift source of ice from below. It would encase his lower half, immobilizing him and preparing him for another attack. The reason for this was due to a subtle action he performed earlier. As the battle began Fenrir stated that he released his power and the ground below him within a 5ft diameter glossed over with his Ice. This would be the of his attack. The action that set the attack in motion was the subtle shifting of his foot on the ground before firing off his Ice Lance. This shift sent a trail of his Frost along the ground that moved in sync with his Ice Lance. With Julius focused on the obvious danger, he'd have little time to no time to respond to the attack from below. As soon as it made contact, Julius's entire lower body was rapidly encased in a layer of ice, which rendered him incapacitated for the most part. With that he was set up for his follow up, which lied dormant within his Frost Lance. The attack was designed with a latent attack. Originally his was hoping for it to clash with the man's Hyoo Hyoo attack, but this worked just as well. With the lance subdued within such close proximity it was actually a bit more effective. Once secure in the trap, Fenrir triggered the attack mentally: Shimo Shimo no Frost Bang. Attack drew it's name from its similarities to a flash bang in the sense that it detonated swiftly and in an expansion of "light". In actuality it was his energy concentrated within the Lance, it did however carry the ability freeze whatever the artificial "light" touched, specifically Julius. If all went well, one pirate would be dealt with.

As for Ezekiel's move he'd have to act quickly. Throwing his weight forward and into a somersault he'd proceeded with his Tundra Straight as intended, except it was aimed for the ground below him. The force of the blow would propel him upward and luckily just over the slab of earth and any subsequent attacks. Rotating himself midair, he re-positioned himself on the ceiling of the room. As he "landed" in a crouched position he had time to freeze the surface (about 8ft in diameter) and secure himself there. Concentrating some of his energy to his feet, Fenrir was able to adhere himself to the recently frosted ceiling.

Erecting himself from his crouched stance, he yet again sheathed his hands. Gazing down upon the shattered terrain, the damage the Bison had caused. He also took care to keep aware of Julius actions as well, he wasn't so foolish as to count him out just yet.

[bg=#101010] The Captain of the Black Moon Pirates walked quickly down the hallway towards the prison doors. He'd destroyed the switch in tower B so he had no worries that someone could undo his work. Assuming the Decoy team would know pull out the moment they needed too, Emrik was primarily concerned with the switches in tower A and Tower C. He had people he trusted going after them, and he was sure that if Julius needed help he would know to pull in one of the others. But tower A was the crew's musician, Dante's responsibility, and Dante had informed the captain that he had intentions of leaving the crew.

It wasn't a huge thing for the pirate to worry about, the musician had always been a bit of a free spirit, so perhaps it was for the best, and Dante had promised that the switch would be pulled, one way or another. So either Dante would do the job, or let somebody else do it. Either way Roald D. Emrik was willing to stand at the prison doors and wait for the other switches to be thrown

Over in tower A the boy called Henry slipped away when, well nobody was paying attention and carefully made his way to the top of the tower where the switch was. While the others were busy fighting he'd be the one to pull the lever and open the door.

"And how do we know you're not part of the pirate crew that's trying to get Captain Brito out of jail?" one of the marines snapped at Requiem, but the captain cut him off.

"It doesn't matter anyway. Even if he was the goal is the same. He says he wan't to visit the Rear Admiral, and the Pirates want Brito, Both are located in the prison tower, both require the switch to be thrown, and because of that good intentions or bad, we can not allow you to progress any further. No doubt your lightning companion is regrouping and forming a new plan, why don't you go join him and stop wasting our time."

It was then that the Captain saw Eira lingering behind, just watching. He at least knew, she she was a marine even if she was out of uniform. "And what the hell you think you're doing woman!" he snapped "we're in crises here, this is not the time to be taking a break. Who's your commanding officer!"

[/bg]

Last edited:
It didn't take long for one of the men to notice her from afar. Deciding not to wait in the back any longer, she made her way over ans stopping right next the man they were talking too. "I am under no commanding officer, I'm here to see if I'd actually like to be here." She replied to the man, noticing that he was a Captain. Hearing about what the man was doing there, Eira didn't really find him to be over any kind of threat at that moment, but she could tell that he was a pretty skilled person. Folding her arms across her chest, Eira then spoke again. "Well if you're having trouble at the moment, then I'll come back another time since this has nothing to do with me."

Requiem turned to face the new girl, surprised he hadn't noticed her behind him. Normally he was quite observant, but she slipped right by without an issue. "Ah, hello miss. My apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm sort of in the middle of something you see. " He turned back to face the others. "And honestly, I have no idea who you're talking about. What I can tell you, is that you're making a mistake." He remarked, charging the air around him with energy. He still hadn't gotten this ability down quite yet, at least not to the point where it was reliable, but he found himself surrounded, and didn't want to waste too much effort fighting them. "You'll have to forgive me for this." He told them, closing his eyes.

In a quick motion, the gambler brought his hands together in a loud clap, releasing the force he had gathered into the air around him. The resulting disruption to the natural flow of air created a blast of energy that exploded out from him in a circle, blasting everything in it's path away, shattering crates and barrels, and throwing anybody that was caught in it's wave against whatever was behind them. It had enough force to break bones, cause internal bleeding, but rarely did it kill anyone outright. Typically it only knocked out anyone who was caught in its path. It wasn't because it was a weak technique, but because he didn't have it fully controlled. He didn't want to accidentally kill himself.

Lorelei nodded and noticed the limp. "If they don't finish in the next five minutes, we're falling back." She told the doctor, trying to ignore the tempting smell of his blood. She tore out a person's knee before dodging another bullet and shooting back. She nearly got hit in the head with the butt of a sword. Cursing under her breath she rolled away from the crowd. She was slowing down and her wounds were starting to come back to her mind. She looked over at the doctor, checking to see if he was starting to get tired. If they stayed much longer she'd probably get something extremely important injured.

Outside the Marine base a woman, rather short in stature, was walking toward the town humming contently to herself. She had a pocket full of berries and a full stomach to boot. The commotion from inside the base was no concern of hers. Things had simply gone all wrong - they tend to do that sometimes. Besides, there was no reason for her to get involved. She had nothing to do with the Marine's petty battles. If someone was stupid enough to get anyone that upset then they must have deserved what was coming next.

"Brutes solve problems with fighting," Lorcana said to herself as she walked through the streets. A chain whip with tiny razor sharp blades attached hung at her waist. She wore a cloak but made sure it was kept open. She had no reason to hide. As she went on in search of a store for personal matters, she heard whispers of pirates and attacks and marines. So it was more than a simple brawl. The pirates had seen fit to take matters beyond their control into their own hands. "Hmm, silly people, pirates nowadays. What happened to the good ol' days of threatening people by your blade and robbing them blind?

"They always want to start petty fights with the military now. As if getting half their crew killed will prove anything." She shook her head of blonde braids sadly. "When will they learn. Wasteful, the lot of 'em." She walked into a shop that sold exotic pieces from hair ornaments to clothes. She looked through the selection with bright eyes. "I think mama needs a new scarf~" she cooed as she picked up a silk scarf. Two women walked into the store, speaking in low voices. Lorcana tuned in automatically. It was nothing she didn't know: pirates were raiding the base, there was a big commotion- "They're going to save the captain? What kind of pirates go barging into a Marine base to save a Marine Captain?"

Lorcana went to the counter to purchase the scarf and long tunic she picked out. "They're insane,"she said under her breath as she handed off the payment. She folded the scarf and put it in her bosom the put on the tunic. "Pirates aren't worth a single grain of salt anymore. They're all lunatics." No sooner had she said that than someone passed by whispering nonsense. Pure nonsense. Suddenly, a thought to return to the sullied Marine base passed through her mind. Lorcana wrinkled her nose in disgust and turned away. "All that money and power...heh... They will fend just fine."

After finding a nice long length of rope, Tsubaki tied one end to the marine's waist and the other to her own.
"If you try to run from me, I will hunt you down," she told the marine matter-of-factly. "Now, keep up, male."
Tsubaki took off back in the direction of Tower C, her captive frantically running behind her. She was nearing the top when she felt a blast of energy travel out from the doorway above her and push past her down the stairs. Although it had lost it's original strength during travel, the current was strong enough to force Tsubaki to trip down several steps, and the marine behind her to fall flat on his ass. She tugged her captive back up to his feet with the rope, and then slowly climbed the stairs again. Her metal claws slid out from their sheaths on the top of her hand, and she peeked her head in through the doorway.

Status
Not open for further replies.