One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julius felt the cold chills creeping up his legs as the ice formed around them and shielded his eyes as the lance exploded into light. When he opened his eyes once more, his entire body from the waist down was a block of solid ice. Between himself and the marine, his exploding kunai lay on the ground, their explosives still untrigged.

"If only it had hit," he said with a shrug before twirling his fingers.

A kunai appeared in each and these he jammed into the ice block, their fuses catching fire from as he did, the speed of his winds lighting them. He put his hands together in the classic ninja hand sign.

"Southern Hyoo Hyoo..." he murmured. "Chakram."

The winds began to gather around the ice block encasing him, spinning faster and radiating heat. The kunai he had stabbed into the ice block were being pushed in deeper and water droplets were forming on the outside as the ice began to melt. There was an explosion and a whirlwind of blistering smoke from which a loud crack could be heard. The front half of the ice block when flying from the smoke cloud, albeit about half the size. He came out of the smoke cloud with his chakrams in hand. He gave a sharp crack of his neck.

"Time for the storm to blow in."

His chakrams began to rotate around his fingers on their own, and the wind could be seen visibly aroung them as they seemed to become much larger versions, easily twice their size.

"Hyoo Hyoo Chakram...Modified."

Hurling the chakrams towards the Marine, he smiled, his fingers twitching imperceptibly. The chakrams changed directions abruptly from their hurled path though still aimed at the Marine. This was the start of one of his ultimate traps - he could easily control his chakrams while ensorcelled in his winds, far more so than usual. They could do whatever he wanted, and all it took was a thought and a flick of the finger for such an abrupt change.

He missed? What a fast guy, But he charged so hard he went out of the wall and fell a few feet to the ground. He shook his head as the small crater around him became visible, " God damnit...Now what " He said looking around as he stood in a field of blades, His eye twitching as he did so " Thats alot of swords...i should take one " He went to reach for one but a floating hand smacked him in the face startling the large bison " What the fuck! " He said looking at the floating hand who wagged its finger no. " How..who...what..." The bison slowly backed up and was tripped by a severed foot, The bison was not liking what was happening to him and kept getting put back in the middle of the circle. Until a man with white hair collected all the parts to his body and stood there infront of the bison " Hello there big guy " the man said before holding a hand out and dropping it. " Whoops...can you give me a hand? " The man chuckled as the bison back up some more. The man ensue followed him " Running wont get you anywhere, today is the day you die " He said nodding his head. " WHAT! I WILL SHATTER YOU! " the bison yelled grabbing the floor and digging into it. " EARTHPULLER! " the bison pulled off at great speeds and could feel himself run right into the man but when he stood up and looked back smirking the mans upper torso was floating arms crossed. " Hah! nice try tubby " The man said connect his body on backwards still arms crossed looking at the bison. The bison was still confused and wasn't doing to well with this enemy at hand, and was slowly becoming frightened.

Kyy nods. "Let's. The captain will understand." He jumps back. His body started to ache from using his fruit. "We should fall back now, while they're still caught in time." He starts limping away, going a bit slow.

The nervous chattering of civilians was starting to get on Lorcana's nerves when something occured to her. She looked around at the people and buildings of the town. The scenery had become...plain. The thrill of it all had vanished. She sighed aloud. "Such is the life of an adventurer such as myself," she whined. "Guess there's nothing left to do here but get some supplies and move out. I'm sick of this dessert now anyhow. At least I can say I've been."

Lorcana took a folded piece of paper from a small sack tied to her waist and opened it. Her eyes lit up as she scanned over the dark lines and markings racing to cover every inch of the world. "Let's see... Where to next..." She walked with her head down, distracted by the map. The other people walking would see her and move out of the way unless they were stupid or something. A few apparently were and a threatening glare set them straight right away. "People nowadays...so selfish..." she mumbled as she walked on.

Her mode of travel was a humble little sailing boat with just enough room to fit her and a few sacks of whatever she needed. "I'll have to get some things for repairs while I'm here. The next closest port is at least a week away and I have a bad feeling that with my luck a storm'll come and try to demolish my little craft." Her mind made up and her sights set on new waters, Lorcana folded the map and returned it to it's safe keeping spot at her hip.

"I am under no commanding officer, I'm here to see if I'd actually like to be here . . . Well if you're having trouble at the moment, then I'll come back another time since this has nothing to do with me."

"What are you? Stupid?" The captain roared at her. "A Marine Captain has just told you that this base is in the middle of a crises and you're going to walk away because it's inconvenient? Oh I promise you one thing, Girlie, You can either step up and lend a hand to your fellow officers, or you can kiss any hope you ever had of working here goodbye."

" . . . And honestly, I have no idea who you're talking about. What I can tell you, is that you're making a mistake. You'll have to forgive me for this." This next line came from Requiem as he attacked.

The marine captain braced himself, shifting his weight forward against the sudden pressure, and somehow managed to remain standing as he was forced back, shoes leaving streaks on the smooth floor. Other marines toppled around him along with anything that wasn't bolted in place. Men were knocked out, some were injured, and anyone who was left awake was either too shocked to move, or like the captain, completely enraged.

"So, you're a devil fruit user are you?" he coughed trying to get his breath back, "That doesn't mean much around here!"

The Captain appeared to have remained fairly unfazed by Requiem's pulse. It didn't surprise the Gambler too much, but he felt it was rather disheartening. "Well, that could've gone better." He remarked dryly to himself, glad to have avoided backlash from the attack. "I was really hoping to avoid combat if I could, but you just had to be stubborn, didn't you? I was really hoping that you'd have gone down and let me be on my way." He continued, his voice turning darker. "And then you had the gall to treat someone who was potentially considering joining your ranks like that? Now, I'm sorry, but that's no way to treat anyone. I've met Pirates that treat people better than that. Hell, I treat people better than that."

Straightening himself out, Requiem pulled out his deck of cards again, "So, we're going to play a little game, and while we play, I'll decide if you live or die." He told the Captain, tossing the cards into the air, and then infusing them with a highly volatile level of kinetic energy. A Marine Captain warranted some respect, surely, but they could really only push their rank so far before the truth of their nature's came out. And this one he would not tolerate, regardless of how the woman felt about how she was being treated. It wasn't that she was a female that was the reason he was reacting as he was though. He despised people that treated others like that, as inferior.

With a sharp pull downwards with his hand, the cards were sent flying towards the Captain at high speed, propelled with enough force to tear through steel cleanly, and damage most armament haki users with little effort. This wasn't even remotely close to battling an admiral, so he doubted he'd need much more than that, but he kept himself on his guard, prepping his loose change to throw as well, preparing the charge to explode on impact rather than cutting as the cards did. One way or another, the Marine was going down, and he was going up. He didn't want to kill the man, but he would if he had to.

Are those...playing cards? Tsubaki viewed the debacle from the doorway. Amazon Lily had nothing like what the man was using as his weapon, but she had seen similar objects on her travels and especially during her time working at the bar. Men sat around and dealt them back and forth, sometimes winning money for whatever game. Her first look of curiousity had had a group of men at the bar eager to get her to join in so they could "show her the ropes" but Tsubaki wasn't up for getting cozy with a bunch of random men at a bar.
"Ah, that's one of the captains! I've never worked under him, though..." The little Marine captive she had tied at the other end of her rope had peeked around her into the doorway.
"Well from the looks of it, you never will be working under him," Tsubaki said, shoving her captive back behind her. She had quicker reflexes than he did, and if something went volatile inside the room, she didn't want her walking-fountain-of-information to get blasted in the face.
Her captive had insisted that she needed this tower for a lever of some sort, and that it would probably be guarded. However, it looked like someone already beat her to any potential fight the tower would be putting up. She watched the man who had his back to her. She could see that he was battling a Marine, and he himself was not clothed in any sort of typical Marine garb. So it was either one of the pirates, or someone else. Either way, as long as he was doing all the dirty work, she'd just sit and watch in the doorway.

Lorelei hesitated leaving before shooting a few in the knee. She then ran off, grabbing Kyy with some trouble and throwing him over her shoulder. She stopped running after they were at least a kilometer away, setting Kyy down and moving away from him. Without other blood to distract her, she wanted to bite into the good doctor. Normally only fish excited her this much, but... their blood smelt so sweet. God, she sounded like an effin' vampire. She set the gun down, looking over the ammo. She had used up most of it, having enjoyed a lot of their distraction. Looking over to the doctor, She bit her lip. "You better patch yourself up and keep away." She said, staring at his injuries. She could really use a nice bloody steak right now...

Kyy nods and goes into his bag. He pulls out a needle and thread and starts stitching the wound closed. After he finishes, he wraps it in a bandage. He moves back a bit and sighs. "That was fun." He laughs.

It seemed that Ezekiel overshot his technique given that he blasted his way out of the battlefield. This of course only left Fenrir and Julius to finish up the fight. He'd of course have to deal with the beef stack later, but for now he'd focus his facets on the devil he had in his sights. He wasn't surprised to learn that the Pirate scoundrel had broken free of his restraints, he was no pushover after all. More importantly he appeared to be bringing the heat by the looks of things as he'd melted the ice, using a similar technique from before. What was new however was the usage of his weapons, a fact he would have to be weary of for the remainder of the fight, especially considering their new found ability to alter their trajectory.

However with things the way they were it would be better for the Captain not to remain on the defensive. With that in mind, Fenrir removed his hand from his pocket and pointed it towards the direction of both the Wind Pirate and the incoming projectiles. His hand was positioned in a fashion in that it resembled a gun, his index and middle finger pointed outward while his thumb remained cocked back, which soon glossed over in a layer of Ice. He performed a mock clicking noise with his mouth before uttering the command:

"Shimo Shimo no Icicle Gun: SMG"

With that Fenrir fired a flurry of sharpened projectiles towards both Julius and the incoming attack. The projectiles took the form of refined Icicles fired in rapid succession in and provided a wide spread. If the swarm of "Ice Bullets" made it past the Chakrams they would swarm his foes vicinity and tear him to shreds thanks to the speed and sharpness of the attack. Fenrir would keep this up until he was certain that his target was suppressed. His free hand shifted in his pocket as he waited to see how everything panned out.

Trap in mind, Julius was already backflipping in the air as his chakrams sped towards the Marine. A twist within the movements and brought out more handfuls of kunai, throwing the blades off and into the walls, their near invisible razor-sharp wire trailing behind them. By this point, he knew well that he was dealing with another devil fruit user - whether he was paramecia or logia however was still a question. Still it seemed he had the power to conjure ice and was using them as ranged weapons thus far; a similar attack wasn't unlikely.

As the Marine pointed his finger at him, Julius had already formed the first sign of his trap with his hands; it wasn't necessary, but it did give a focus to which setup he wanted to use.

"Shimo Shimo..."

"Hyoo Hyoo..."

"..no Icicle Gun: SMG."

"...Razorscreen."

The near invisible wires sprang up forming a maze of sharp blades between himself and the Marine. The ice projectiles sped towards him, several of them shattering on impact with the wires, others splitting in twain and shooting off in discordant directions. By the time any of them got to him, they might as well have been a puff of snow.

"..Execute."

The chakrams curved towards the Marine, aiming of his neck sightly from behind. If he was anything like most people, he'd dodge in the most available wayf or him - straight ahead in the wires.

To hear the man talk to her in such a way, pissed her off, but didn't faze her as much as he'd like it too. "I don't care if you're in a crisis or not, and good luck trying to get rid of me, you wouldn't be the first to try." This Captain had probably been in the Marines for a much shorter time than she had, she had an upper hand compared to this man, who seemed to think he was above her due to his title when she probably would have him down on the ground in a matter of seconds.

Moving his attention away from her, Eira began to feel a shift in the air coming from the man next to her. At first glance, he seemed like some sort of rogue just wondering around, but now her thoughts completely changed. Getting ready for what was about to happen, she held her ground waiting to see how strong he really was.

When the man let out a pulse of some sort that knocked a few of the Marines unconscious, she knew that he had eaten a devil fruit, but unsure of what kind he had eaten. Some were natural fruits made by the earth itself and others man made by a crazy scientist wondering if he could create fruits with powers, yet going beyond just humans or animals being able to use them. Although the pulse was strong, Eira was unaffected by it. It surprised her a bit that the Captain was able to withstand it, thinking that he wasn't a strong Captain from the looks of him. Eira didn't care much for other Marines or orders given to her, but this Captain was starting to get on her nerves.

About to say something else to the Captain, Eira watched as the man pulled out a deck of cards asking the other male to play a little game with him. Interested, she stood there to watch what would happen next between the two. The moment the cards went flying towards the Captain, Eira got the feeling that all this was going to take a while, so she leaned in close to man still keeping a distance and spoke to him. "You and I, both, would like to get in right? So would you mind me offering you a hand to get rid of this guy?" She asked him, expecting either a yes or no, and what to do for whatever reply he'd give her.

Sebastian stood atop the walls of the Marine prison that had since erupted into chaos. A small puff of smoke escaped from under the mans wide brimmed hat, the darkness and smoke shrouding a small smirk "how interesting..." His fingers twitched at the twin blades that he wore on his waist"devil fruits everywhere...pirates and marines...bloodshed abound" another smirk turned the corners of the pale mans lips up. But his reverie was cut short by two innocuous looking marines scrambling away from the commotion.

"H-Hey! Red fang guy! You're supposed to helping!" The marine snapped, his voice faltering and making his commands almost pitiful. His friend puffed his chest out and repeated "Yeah! You better stop the pirates"

Sebastian gave a small pissed off clicking noise as he took his hate off and pressed it into the marines chest "I do not bow to you nor your masters...I go where I wish and fight what I wish" he smirked as the wind blew his long black hair from his face "and right now...I'm feeling like it's time to fight against the Marines again" the glint of his blade and a quick flash caused the marines heads to separate from their bodies. He smiled as the blood spattered against the floor before stepping off the wall, his swords leaving twin gouges as he used them to slow his decent.

He watched the fight between the wind pirate and the ice marine. It was interesting but he couldn't let that pirate kill a marine that looked so interesting to fight. The slight sheen of the razor wires showed that Sebastian could very well lose that chance. Swords flashed and the wires were sliced in an instant. Another quick dash forward and he knocked the Marine away from the chakrams.

The swordsman stood, a disapproving look on his face as he turned to the pirate "why would you kill such a worthy combatant...when you can't wait and let them become strong" he pulled his blades up into his combat stance. His eyes flicked between the marine and the pirate before he threw his blades across his body in a crossing motion "Crimson Shock" the blades sliced through the air and sent an air wave towards the pirate.

"Tch this guy's becoming quite bothersome."

Julius seemed to be housing quite a bit of weaponry, all of which complimented his fighting style he had to admit much to his chagrin. The wires, given their razor sharp rigidity closed of a frontal assault and with the enhanced chakrams spiraling towards him from behind he didn't have much in the way of options. However despite this display he wasn't going to let this Pirate best him yet. With that in mind, Fenrir shifted his stance and prepared to lunge forward, formulating his plans for attack on the go. That was however, until a sudden intruder threw off his rhythm.

The swordsman entered the fray and in an instant was in front him, abruptly pushing him out of the way of the incoming attack. Fenrir's face twisted into a look of surprise and frustration as he was shoved, first by the man's display of speed and swordsmanship and secondly by his intrusion of the battle. Still with his interference Fenrir found himself out of the chakrams destructive path for now and so he reacted accordingly.

Rotating himself mid air to adjust his position the Marine came to the ground in a crouched position, his hand planted on the shattered earth below to slow his movements as he skidded to a halt from the shove. Having come to a stop on his side of the Razorsceen, Fenrir erected himself and dusted his hands off against his Marine uniform before shifting his cold gaze upon the newcomer. He couldn't quite decipher his intentions, but from the sound of things he didn't seem to be an ally.

"Geez, you guys are making this way too bothersome! Who the hell are you now?!"

The Marine's face was a prominent glare as he addressed the swordsman, his hands had already secluded themselves into his pockets as he tilted his head in his direction. However before he could get an answer in words the male seemed to respond in action as he fired off the crescent wave towards Julius. Fenrir raised an eyebrow to this, slightly confused by his intentions.

"The hell? Welp if you guys are going to fight each other then be my guest, one less thing off my plate.", he said nonchalantly as he shrugged and began to turn towards the door. His job description only required him to halt any progress towards the lever. If these two interlopers decided they wanted to duke it then he'd let them have at it as long as they didn't bother him any. Still this new guy made him somewhat uneasy, so despite his lackadaisical attitude towards him, he still remained on edge should either he or the wind pirate choose to persist the attack.

Lorelei looked over at the doctor in faint amusement before turning back to her own wounds. "Yeah... yeah it sort of was fun. I hope we caused enough of a distraction though... they were just getting to be too many." She put her arm up to her lips, sucking on it to get it to stop bleeding. She hadn't been in a fight like that since she sunk that one military ship... It felt good to fight again. She felt powerful, almost inhuman with the ability to cause so much damage with a gun. She stopped sucking on her arm for a second to check on her gun. It was still in fine condition, a little dirty but still perfectly usable. She was going to have so much fun with it once she got back to see... Where would she go? She could go with the pirates, or maybe she could just follow another ship. That ship was beautiful though... she would love to patch it up... Plus they might head over her home on the grand line. The thought made her smile a little as she waited for the pirates to finish their raid. She would go with them, if only for fun.

Last edited:
The doctor laughs. "Glad I'm not the only one amused." He smiles. "Thanks for stopping yourself back there. You had to have smelled my blood."

[bg=#101010] Over in tower A the boy called Henry pulled the lever and then very cleverly jammed the thing in place before making his way out. The coinciding prison doors slowly ground open.

The captain stumbled back from the cards Requiem sent flying at him. Unfortunately he tripped over one of his own downed men and was sent crashing backwards into the lever. He'd fallen below the line of the cards, but as he fell into the switch the lever shifted and then broke in the open position.
"Damn it!" the captain roared, and then flew full force at Requiem, the female marine he intended to see at court martial for her impudence, and the strange person watching behind them. It no longer mattered what happened to him, he had failed in his duty. But he sure as hell was going to cause these intruders as much damage as he could before he went down.

Over in the prison block the last door began to open.

The Captain of the Black Moon Pirates grinned as the doors opened before him. "So they managed it!" he laughed as he walked into the jail, his leather boots echoing with each step as with a determined stride he made his way towards the cell of one former captain Barabara Brito.

[/bg]

Ex-Captain Brito was numb. Physically and mentally. The discomfort and darkness of the jail was getting to her, and the only place she could escape to was within her mind. Though, her mind wasn't letting her rest, either. She tossed and turned on the floor, trying to find a comfortable position. Meditation wasn't for her, so she went to the next best thing: sleep. For what felt like hours, Brito's body finally relaxed.

Footsteps could be heard echoing against the walls. 'Wait...footsteps?'

Brito stirred from her slumber. She could feel another presence with her, on the other side of the jail cell. Even as she forced her body up into a sitting position, Brito couldn't see the newcomer. The only thing visible was an outline of their figure, which Brito didn't recognize. Still trying to regain her full consciousness, the delusional ex-captain muttered, "Dad?" After a moment, Brito inwardly cursed her idiotic response. Of course it wasn't her father. He died a long time ago. With her focus finally in tact, the swordswoman glared at the figure.

"It's dawn already? Finally."

Julius' vantage as a ranged fighter gave him the opportunity to see the swordsman leaping into the trap, his blades ready. He knew well that some swordsmen were able to cut steel - there had been several aboard the Ravenfall who had that ability - and strong as his wires were, that power on such tautness would cut through them in an instant; this man certainly seemed to think he had such power and Julius wasn't about to risk it. The strength of using this trap though was that such techniques really didn't do much. Manually, they had to be held on two ends but thanks to his devil fruit, he only needed to anchor it at one end for maximum effectiveness. That meant he could make the wires go limp and they wouldn't be cut.

"Ennervate," he said as the swordsman charged the Razorscreen.

The wires sagged, each cut merely pushing it down further rather than cutting it as the swordsman made his way to the Marine and batted away the chakrams. Of course, they spun right back to Julius, hovering next to him and ready for the next attack. As the wave of hair came towards him he flicked his hand, twisting a finger up and an updraft violently pushed the wave up and it soared over Julius' head, crashing into the ceiling harmlessly.

"Because later he would be a nuisance," Julius answered curtly.

He cocked his head, listening as the prison doors were opened.

"Looks like my job is done," he said. "A final gift though. Hyoo hyoo..."

He clapped his hands together and pulled them apart, a ball of highly compressed winds there between them.

"Frenetic Waltz."

Tossing the ball into the middle of he wires, it instantly expanded becoming a miniature tornado, whipping the razor sharp wires around haphazardly. Unlike previously, there was no second anchor, wind or not - they couldn't be cut. More than that, the sheer friction of them whipping through the air at high velocity would make them melt ice almost instantly. Already barely visible, at such speeds as they were now, they would be invisible. He had effectively created an impassable wall, unless someone was masochistic enough to go through.

"Probably won't see you around," he said with a wave towards the two before walking back towards where the map said the prison entrance was.

"And it smelled fucking delicious." Lorelei said, a very soft growl in her voice as she tried to find something she could use to patch up her wounds. The tank top she was wearing was already nearly covered in blood and don't even get her started on her pants. She probably looked like the bloodthirsty monster her kind were made out to be. It wasn't her fault that she found bloody meat delicious! Or maybe it was... who knew? All she knew was that her wounds were going to get infected if she didn't do something. "I can still smell it though so I wouldn't come too close to me if I were you..." The fishman moved her hair to the side as she glared at the bullet holes in her arm and leg. Maybe if she glared hard enough, the wounds would go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.