One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brito watched as the irritated Caim walked off, leaving behind his sake bottle. Brito frowned. She found it difficult trying to speak to him. He never responded well to her laughter, and Brito never knew why. With a soft shake of her head, Brito picked up the flask he left. Brito noticed how lightweight the flask was, which was unusual for a typical bottle of sake. She examined its exterior, her focus freezing on the bottom of the flask. Smoke. Brito smirked.

Maybe there was hope, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I doubt any plan is truly fool-proof. There's always that one fool that undos everything by its seams. We can make back up plans though, to help avoid situations like that." Lorelei responded to the man who said he could just ram down the walls. She ran a hand through her hair as she looked down at the map. "Well if you need a distraction, give me a gun and you have a distraction." She looked around at the people willing to help, wondering what their motives were. Why were these people helping this man, this pirate crew, change this island's 'world'? She knew her reasons, but she was curious as to why everyone else was going along with it.

"We will find you a gun," Emrik told Lorelei as she stated that with one she could provide a distraction, "And if you want too, when this is all over, I would welcome you as a member of my crew, the same goes for any person here who helps us in this." He surveyed the area taking in what everybody had told him, noticing that Dante had returned to meditating and the explosives expert seemed to know what went into a good plan. Emrik appreciated that. It was nice to know that someone else could look at a scenario and see what needed to be done.

"Roald D. Emrik," He stated holding out a hand to the man in question, "Your help, and your explosives will be greatly appreciated. And I concur with the idea of a strike force and a decoy team. Doctor I want you on the decoy team with Miss. Lorelei and this young man," here Emrik nodded at the person who had been talking about ramming down walls, "Do your best not to get hurt, we're going to need our Physician capable of healing any of the rest of us should anything happen..

"Dante, Do you think with your abilities you can hit towers C while our new friend," here," Emrik nodded at Julius, "goes for Tower A? Unless the two of you would rather switch targets. I'll retrieve Seita from the ship and the two of us will head for tower B. We'll need someone who can open doors and if the Rear Admiral gets involved I'd like to be the one of face her.
"Once you've thrown your switch, hold as long as you can so we can get into the prison tower, and then rejoin the Decoy team. Does anyone see anything that needs to be altered?"

Lorelei shook her head. "I don't see anything wrong with the idea so far. I'll have to think about that offer though, captain." She looked over at the two men who would be part of the distraction with her and gave them each a small smile, hoping to hide her pointed teeth from view. Her black eyes studied the two, assessing them to see if they what physical aspects they could use to help distract the others. The doctor being in the distraction team slightly confused her. Wouldn't there be a greater risk of him being hurt? Well, if there was she would make sure he didn't get hurt. A fallen doctor would mean a dead crew.

Kyy nods. "Understood Captain. This'll be fun. If not a blast!" He snickers at his stupid joke relating to the demolitionist. He looks at Lorelei. "Looks like we're working together miss."

Lorelei nodded. "It seems so, Doctor. You won't have to worry. I'll make sure no stray bullets hit you." She gave a small smile before looking back to the captain. This certainly was a strange crew. If this was a crew befitting the ship she had been following, well... She'd have to assess them on that. Hopefully they had been treating her well. Lorelei thought about what things the crew could have done to that poor ship. She shivered, pulling her cloak closer to her body. If there was one hole in that ship, she swore...

Kyy smiles. "Why thank you but I think I can handle myself. I've done fine so far after all." He looks at the group, formulating a backup plan in case things went wrong.

He raised his hand " Can decoy team be renamed to awesome kick ass beat ass team? " He brought his hand down rubbing his chin " Or maybe Super elite clowns...or or....dragon blade x cross motor rammer " he was just going on with names.

Seeing that she'd have to wait a little bit longer for things to start moving, Lorelei moved over to a different table, grabbing a drink and sitting down. As she sat, she let her thoughts wander. Was this the right thing to do? Of course it was, she owed that woman a debt. But, going with pirates? At least they weren't marines. She sighed and downed a glass of whiskey, pouring more into the glass to help calm her nerves. Her leg bounced. She felt excitement crawl up her spine. She tried to grind her teeth together, but failed.

Sitting in her office, Kairo stares out her window now deep in thought. A mixture of feelings within, she holds a cold glare visibly, ~It's a high risk, but I'm truly determined to go through with it if need be.. If Brito is going down, I'll go down with her, but not without a fight. Damn that woman. I can easily expect her to be able to prove her rank but I won't back down easily either against the rear admiral. I just wonder what Caim will do.. I won't blame him either if he goes against me. He has his own goals, his own visions. But hell if I'll let Brito go down alone, if at all.~ Staring out from her window, Reimu's glare tensifies and her fists clench, she remains there, silent. "Damnit...."

Kyy followed Lorelei with a bottle of his homemade moonshine. "Nervous?" He takes a quick sip.

Lorelei chuckled. "Maybe just a little bit... This certainly isn't like sinking ships..." She commented, not realizing what she was saying. To a human, sinking a ship would require tremendous work and many cannon balls. To a fishman, it just required a few well placed holes. She rubbed her fins, looking around as she waited for the captain to give the go.

He nods. "I know what you mean. Its why I'm drinking before we do this. Get the pre breakout jitters out." He laughs.

"Hmph, a Marine Base"

Been a while since Henry has seen one of those. Henry Canvill was sailing in a small sail boat with nothing but bags with gold on them. They should be enough to stock up on food and clothes. Sooner or later though, I'm going to have to steal a bigger ship, Henry thought.

Life on the high seas was more difficult than he thought. Of course, he knew it would be hard but this...this might be a bit too much. Having to steal from both pirate and Marine ships on a constant bases just so he can have food in his stomach...it was challenging, he admitted. But, I should have expected it. Still, there were times when Henry would reminiscence about his old aristocratic life. Being dined the most finest food in all the seas by butlers, having all the money a child could ask for, buying anything you wanted with that money...but then, of course, there was the bull crap that was the rules of The World Nobles. Corrupt, heartless, no good, World Nobles. Because of them, there was no way he was going back. If only I realized sooner...what I was born into.

Henry snapped out of his daydreams. He was approaching the island where the Marine base was. Looking through his binoculars, he could see there were some ships docked, obviously, though Henry was looking for a particular ship. One that looked pricey.

Damn, regular old ships. Moments like this made Henry hate the World Government even more. This predicament that I'm in wouldn't have occurred if the World Government did their damn jobs and not be a bunch of corrupt, selfish pricks. Henry threw his binoculars down in frustration and broke it. I'm sick of this...

Right then and there, he decided to storm into that Marine base and wreck it up. He didn't know how he was going to accomplish that, but he was going to do it. There were many times when Henry would come across a building owned by the World Government and he would always have the urge to just march in there and destroy anything he could before the inevitable bullet by a Marine would pierce his heart. He never had the gall to do it. But now...

When Henry reached to port, he noticed that he overlooked a certain pirate ship, it's pirate flag being that of a half moon with a crude face in it's crescent. Henry recognized that flag as owned by the Black Moon Pirates, a pirate crew that is newly made. He made note of it, wanting to use it as an escape vessel when he escaped the Marine base...

Alive? I doubt it. There is no way that, even with my Logia Devil Fruit powers, I'll be able to withhold well trained soldiers...but in all honesty, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm tired of living this life, and I don't want to die a pathetic death starving or at the bottom of the ocean. I'm just gonna destroy as much as I can.

Normally any other person who was about to storm a military base would feel contempt in doing so, even out of range. But, supposing that someone would go through it, surely someone would feel nervous that they might draw their last breath with a bullet through their heart...but not Henry. Henry has been living at sea for 5 years straight now, struggling to survive. Getting beat up, mugged, spit upon...with all those experiences culminating from living at the sea, he didn't care.

With no running, Henry started to run towards the direction towards the Marine base, probably the fastest he has ever run...

Lorelei let out a small chuckle. "Well, that's one way to get rid of nervousness." She drank another cup of alcohol before realizing her hair was still down. That would hinder her in battle if she kept it down like that. There were too many things that could go wrong with that. She pulled her hood down to mess with her hair, using an old tie to help tie it into a messy bun. That way it would be slightly less grabable and wouldn't get in her eyes. Once she was satisfied with what she had done, she pulled her hood back up and went back to her drink.

[bg=#101010]It didn't take long for the pirate crew and their new comrades in arms to finish their plan. Though by the time they had collected the cremate they had left guarding the ship, a thief by the name of Seita Yatta, and gotten into position for the main event the sun had begun to fall bringing with it the chill of night. Everyone had so far done their jobs and done them well. A gun and spare ammunition had been found and given to the fishman woman, Lorelei, and the villagers had promised to have the Black Moon Pirates' ship moved to the port, restocked, and ready in case they needed to make a clean getaway. Everything looked like it would go well tonight.

But then, one had too consider the fact that they hadn't even broken in yet.

The Pirate captain thumbed his katana in and out of its sheath. The gleam of the falling sun was easily enough to tell that the blade was black. Shusui, a blade famous in its own right, made so by its previous owner. Some said it had a temper. Some questioned whether the pirate captain was truly up to wielding it. Only time would tell.

The Sky gleamed from blue to orange to red. The Pirate captain grinned. "It's time to go wild!"
[/bg]
[bg=#101010][/bg]

Lorelei smiled as she looked down at her brand new gun. It was standard for most military men, but she was going to have so much fun with it. She smirked when the captain gave the decree and immediately aimed over the wall at a few soldiers. 1, 2, 3. She killed the first one, shooting him in the head before jumping over the wall separating the yard with the rest of the desert. She smiled as the marines looked shocked for a moment, wondering what she was doing. The smell of blood blocked out most of her senses, making the shark woman give a large shit-eating grin. Her pointed teeth shone in the light as her black eyes glinted with blood-lust. The two other soldiers regained their senses and started to retaliate, Lorelei simply dodging.

Her cloak wasn't as lucky as the fishwoman, getting many holes and soon becoming tattered. Lorelei growled. "Damn it! That was a new cloak! You assholes ruined it!" She threw it off, revealing large fins on her arms and back. She smiled as the soldiers started to shake. She pulled up her gun as more soldiers started to come out for backup. "Let's get this party started." She smirked and started to shoot.

Creating explosives were a second nature to Julius, so much so that as he was preparing them next to the wall, he had a fair amount of time to think. He found it ironic that it seemed that pirates, and ex-pirates, had higher morals than the Marines. He found himself questioning the reasons why he was even there. Was it really because he had that sense of justice? Or was this a token of remembrance for his fallen comrades? Maybe he just wanted to shake things up and watch the world burn around him. Or maybe he just had an acute hatred of unintelligent authourity.

In the growing shadows, he adhered the bombs to the side of the wall, spaced right to make a fair sized portal. What about after this? Surely he would be seen, someone would remember him. And of course, once they made out wanted posters, they would find his old bounty, the one forgotten by nature. He wouldn't be able to live in peace again.

On his chest, the right pectoral, he felt a slight burning. Pausing in his work for just a second, he pulled up his shirt and looked at the tattoo that was there. A dark blood red bird in midflight lay there. Even though it was only a phantom pain, Julius knew what had to be done. Gregerovich would never have allowed this to continue, even if the allies were an enemy pirate crew. In his heart too, he knew this what was he had to do, that this was what was right. Emrik had offered a place on the ship to him after this was all over. A brief smile flashed across his face. It might feel good to be a part of a crew once more; this time he had the choice, he realized, putting his shirt back into proper place.

Tying the fuses together so they could all be lit at once, he took a seat from which he could see the setting sun. One of his kunai twirled between his fingers to entertain himself as he watched. As the last rays of light shifted colour, he threw the kunai behind him without any warning. It sailed true to the bundle of fuses, the friction of the blade enough to light the fuses. The fuses sparked hungrily as they shot towards their parcels, the kunai seeming to bounce off the stone wall behind and ricochet back into his hand with seeming ease and no eye contact at all. He waited calmly as the fuses whipped happily about as they ashed until....

BOOM!

The explosives ignited, almost in tandem, blasting a large hole into the wall and peppering the floor inside with shrapnel. Strangely enough, there didn't seem to be any around Julius, nor did the blast seem to affect him. Shaking his head, he felt the air around his ears and back dissipate, the winds having both muffled and deflected the effects of the bast.

"This will be the bomb," he said, drawing one of his chakrams.

An eight pointed star centered around a ring, it was roughly as tall and wide as twice the length of his hand, the tines viciously sharp. He began spinning it around the ring as he casually strolled in.

In her prison cell, Brito sat cross legged, trying to meditate. Her eyes remained closed, her arms resting in her lap. Brito convinced herself that she had to concentrate and keep calm during a crisis like this. As she remained focused on her subconscious, the dream from before surfaced in her mind once again.

"Father?" Brito asked within her 'dream'. The grassy scene abruptly switched to an adult Brito standing in front of her father, a stern look on her face. He smiled gently. "I wanted to tell you something," Brito's father replied, pulling from behind him her katana. He unsheathed the sword from its scabbard, admiring its craftsmanship. Brito steadied herself. What was her father up to? Brito's father looked up from the katana, a frown on his face.

"You never call your katana by its name, you know," he stated, sheathing the katana once more. Brito raised a brow, confused as to why her father even brought that fact up. "Of course not! It's your katana. I never knew its name when Mother passed it down to me." Brito's father chuckled, throwing the katana at Brito, who caught it with ease. "Find it out for yourself, then. You'll be surprised by how stronger your bond with your katana will be if you found out its name." Brito glared.

Find out for herself? She had no time to! Plus, her katana was confiscated before she was thrown into the prison. "Are you kidding me? If you hadn't noticed, Father, I'll be dead by sunrise. I have no time to 'find out for myse-" Brito's father patted his daughter's head, making Brito blush lightly. "That's my girl. Always hot headed, just like your mother." Brito remained silent, looking down at the katana in her hands. When she looked up again, her father was gone. Brito unsheathed her katana, looking for any clues to its name. Find out for herself, huh? This was going to be annoying.

BOOM.

Brito was alerted out of her meditation by the sound of an explosion in the distance. An alarm went out through the base, echoing within the prison and waking up its inhabitants. Brito drowned out the curses and shouts coming from the inmates, trying to decipher where the bomb was, and who had sent it off.

"Well, this is a first," Brito murmured, tightening her hold on the metal bars of her prison.

Henry hears an explosion at the Marine Base. Suddenly he stopped dead on his tracks. For some strange reason, it all came to him.

I'm going to die if I go in there... Even though he already convinced himself that the odds of him surviving this is very slim, there is a difference between saying it in your mind and actually thinking, no, knowing what the result was most likely going to be. Henry then reflected back on his past life as the simple son of World Noble parents.

When I was a kid, everything was handed to me on a silver platter. I could get anything I wanted, and I did. Whenever I wanted to go outside and play, I could. I always heard stories about how the poor people beneath us would have their kids with curfews, and I thought that that was just stupid. I thought that I was better than everyone else, that everything and everyone was beneath me...

When Henry would reflect on this, he would be tempted to go back to his World Noble heritage and beg them to open that big gate. Beg them to take them back, telling them that he is tired of living life out on the sea...but he knew he couldn't do that now. He had a bounty of 10,000 beri on his head. Not much, no, but still, the World Nobles would spit in his face if he ever dared to show his face again... For a while, Henry just should there, contemplating these thoughts...

That's why I have to go and thrash that Marine base...it's the only thing I can do. This translated to: the only thing I can do now is die...

Henry bit back tears and continued to run to the Marine base, where he would face his inevitable death...

When he actually reached there though, Henry saw something that he would not have expected to see in front of a Marine base...or anywhere else for that matter. It looked like a female fishman was shooting at a couple of guards in the front gate. And behind her were...a pirate crew?

The hell is going on here? Wait a minute...

It was obvious. These pirates were here to wreak havoc, because their pirates of course. The poor bastards...there's no way they'll make it out alive. Henry decided to use this opportunity to sneak into the Marine base and thrash the place while the soldiers were distracted. If I'm lucky, I might actually come back alive after all! I can steal that pirate ship and head on out of here! While the fishman continued to shoot at the soldiers, Henry sneaked onto the side of the Marine base...to see a huge hole caused by a bomb planted there. Wasting no time, he dashes into the hole to find...a pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.