One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
[bg=#101010]Rear Admiral Dalton Margaret was not pleased to hear about the commotion in the village. She had a prison to run, she had a base to oversee, she had order to maintain. She did not have time for self-righteous Captains, overly enthusiastic Commanders, or the attempted murder of a lieutenant, which is what the injured marine was. Perhaps the situation had been exaggerated. Perhaps some of the other marines may have held a grudge against the Captain. Perhaps the details had been skewed in the tale passing mouth to mouth before it reached her ears. The Rear Admiral didn't know, and she didn't particularly care. Besides, no one had ever dared call her a merciful woman. Not her officers, not her husband, and certainly not anyone who had ever passed the walls of Marine Base 13.

"I want all the marines recalled to the base. As for Captain Brito - Order the maximum punishment." She told her secretary.

"But Ma'am," the young officer argued, "That means putting the Captain to death! As I understand the situation there were a number of extenuating circumstances. If we sent someone to investigate the matter, interview the locals-"

"I don't have time for your moral dilemmas, Master Chief! If the punishment is a bit harsh then so be it. It'll serve as an example to any others who might get similar ideas into their head. Send out an announcement to all the base offices as well as the surrounding towns. Captain Barabara Brito dies at dawn!"[/bg]

The missive went out swiftly and no sooner had word hit the town, no sooner had all the marines withdrawn to their base, then the locals were in up roar. Word spread like wildfire, people flooded the streets and most of them were asking the same exact question. "Why her?"

Emrik paid close attention to the whispers as he shopped. It seemed that while Captain Brito had a reputation for being a no nonsense type of woman she also had a reputation for being fair. The people loved her in their own fashion and as the they talked it became clear that no one wanted her to die. Eventually talk escalated to the point that people were talking about whether or not they could rescue her. Albeit quietly. They didn't have a chance, and they knew it.

Emrik sighed as he finished ordering supplies as the talk took over the town. The shopkeepers promised they could have everything ready in a few hours. They also told him not to worry about payment until the supplies were ready. That was fine with Emrik.

Leaving the shop he found his way to the local bar where not only had he had seen his men, and a cloaked woman he presumed to be the fishman, enter looking for a meal, but the local leaders seemed to have gathered to discuss the predicament of the marine Captain. It didn't take Emrik long to Spot Dante, Kyy, and their guest at a table some ways away from the commotion.

"What do you say, boys?" he asked coming up behind them and clapping a hand down on Dante's should and the other on Kyy's. "Do we get involved in this?" He had a feeling they would want to, so he might as well make it seem like his idea.

"Perhaps if we're lucky this noble captain might be willing to turn pirate." He grinned down at them and then raised his head and began shrugging out of his coat, placing his hat on the table. His face easily visible, his tattoo and the scar along his right eye as notable as Shusui sheathed at his waist.
"What do the lot of you say?" he shouted and the bar grew quiet as everyone looked at him, "If I save this captain of yours will you perhaps cover the cost of my supplies in exchange?"

"It's not possible!" a waitress exclaimed, "Why would a pirate save a marine? It's not the way the world works!"

"Then, young lady," Emrik grinned plucking his hat from the table and putting it back on his head. "I say it's time to change the world."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
When news flew by fast within the base, some marines would know Lt. Kairo was in a sore mood, even before she heard, she was already irritated having to tend to the fellow lieutenant who caused the mess in the first place. The sound of wood smashing violently would be heard in her office before she'd exit out into the halls. Those who peered inside would see a chair obliterated on the floor, and glancing back to her, they'd see a few shavings of wood lingering on her heel. Her eyes shadowed over as she briskly walks down the hall, her eyes would be filled with a cold anger, anyone who dared stop her were greeted with an intimidating stare as if they were about to have their heads roll off. Finding her way to Caim's office, she'd make herself known and enter when permissable. If Caim was not within his office yet, she'd lean upon a wall in wait, arms crossed with her eyes still shadowed over. If he was, she'd still do the same with her visage attempting to relax, remaining her usual quiet self.

Kyy smirks. "That's our captain for ya!" He laughs. "I go where you go. I'm in." He laughs and stands up, having just finished eating. "Besides, someone's bound to get hurt."

Standing up from the bar he looked at the group of people planning to help the marine, causing him to walk over " Im in " looking at them as he knew he didnt look like much at the moment. " you guys could use all the help you could right " he said smirking crossing his skinny arms.

"Welcome!" Emrik stated smiling at the young man who stood up from the bar, "and if anyone else want's lend a hand they're free to." He looked about the room to see if anyone else would volunteer and then asked, "Goes anyone happen to have a map of the prison compound?"

The waitress squeaked. "My . . . my grandfather was an architect. I'll go see what he has. And - and I'll tell every one I see to come to you if they want to help!" and in an instant the waitress was gone, running as hard as she could.

"Change the world, huh?" Lorelei chuckled. "You have big dreams, 'Captain'." She smiled as she looked over at the man, interested. "You wouldn't mind one more set of hands helping you with this whole 'freeing the marine' business, would you? I sort of owe her a debt." She stood up, glad to have a warm meal in her belly and ready to sink her teeth into some fresh meat if needed. She shivered in excitement and nervousness. A slew of 'what ifs' flew across her mind, begging her to stop what she was doing and just back up a bit, think this through. Then again, her morals told her she needed to save this woman. She looked up at the captain, black eyes determined, yet hesitant.

"although i fear for our young miss lorelei's safety, i cannot deny this plan of yours, am i allowed to kill or shall i just hurt their pride?" dante said pulling his guitar around strumming it a bit. "after all i'm kinda miffed about not having a bounty yet." he added with a smirk while a bit of electricity danced around the guitar. "i have a nice song that might just get their blood pumping while i play..." a sadistic tone entered his voice with that as he envisioned himself fighting once again.

Emrik nodded in acceptance of Lorelei's offer of help and then pulling out a chair at the table sat down as he answered Dante's question.
"When the time comes, my friend, go wild. It's going to take everything we've got to pull this off."

Meanwhile the waitress raced through the streets telling everyone she saw what was going on, what she was after, and how to find Roald D. Emrik if they wanted to help.

Lorelei looked over at Dante. "You don't have to worry about me. I've survived so far and I don't plan on dying yet." She then thought of something. "Wait, you guys are pirates, right? Do you guys happen to have a caravel with a jolly roger that has a crescent moon and star on it, would you?" She tapped her pointer finger against her leg. Were these the pirates she had been following? How did they get such a beautiful ship? She bit her lip slightly, the tip of a large shark tooth poking out against her lower lip. How would they feel if they new that a fishman had been following them for a good month at least? They might reject her, or kill her, or maybe even turn her over to the marines. Her imagination went wild with different scenarios.

Brito tossed and turned in her sleep. Whenever she dreamed, it was always the same dream. However, this dream ended differently from the rest. In her dream, she was a young girl again, barely 10 years of age. Beside her was her father, who had let her wear his Marine jacket and hat. In the dream, her father never spoke. He only smiled down at her. However, this time, a simple question left his mouth:

"Why aren't you smiling, Brito?"

Brito jumped out of her sleep, disoriented and thirsty. She looked around at her surroundings, it being too dark to see. Brito tried getting up, only to stumble back down to the dirty, cobblestone floor. Brito examined her ankles, seeing that they were shackled to the floor. For a moment there, she forgot about her sentence. Brito leaned against the nearest wall, looking up at the ceiling. "Execution, huh? Never thought this day would come," she whispered to no one in particular, letting her hair fall over her face. Brito dug her nails into her thighs, almost going through the striped fabric of her prison uniform.

"I should accept this...So why am I shaking?"

The sound of metal clanking against metal filled Brito's jail cell, alerting her. "Keep it quiet in there!" the burly guard ordered, going back to his post as fast as he arrived in front of her cell. Brito rolled her eyes, muttering a 'dumbass' when he was far away to not hear her. Brito didn't feel like receiving anymore injuries today. Before throwing her into the jail cell, she was beaten severely while tied to a post. Whether it was part of her punishment or for the sheer enjoyment of the Marines, Brito didn't know. What she knew, though, is that it left her incredibly sore. Once more, she gazed at the ceiling.

"why yes we do young miss lorelei." dante spoke slightly disappointed he wasn't allowed to go ahead of the others. "our sire here is the black moon after all." he wondered why she asked but found it slightly amuseing how asked it gave off a slight sense of fear any good warrior could pick up. "now, whats the matter young miss lorelei, don't tell me your afraid of us already, we haven't even asked you to join yet." he said with a glint in his eye toward the captain that said to try to convince her to join. he chuckled inwardly, wondering if he had time to play a song or two for everyone here.

It wasn't too long before Julius had gotten his supplies and at the end of it still had a considerable sum of beri left to him. He was considering stopping by the bar for a drink as he was packing away the supplies when the wind carried to his ears news of a disturbing nature - Brito was to be executed. The boule of bread in his hand was crushed by his fingers, the knuckles stark white. Was this really what the Marines had come to? Executing someone because they defended a fishman? Or was it because she struck a belligerent Marine who threatened not only civilians but a higher ranked officer? That sickened him - to think that such a miscarriage of justice was to be done. He was tempted, so very tempted, to crash the execution, to blow them away and release Brito but then where would she go? And what would he do? If he did that then no doubt he would have a bounty on his head and of course, they would find his old one.

He managed to put away the last of his supplies without betraying his emotions before leaving the shop, just as the shopkeeper got the news himself, visibly shocked over the matter. He was planning to just get out of there, sail away from this hypocritical, unjust town and never return. As he walked the streets though, he caught snippets of conversations, all of them to the extent of being some form of rage over the impending execution. The more he heard, the slower he walked, the determination in his step turning from leaving to staying. It almost seemed as though this was the spark to blat this island to hell.

Passing a bar though, he heard something even more. Someone was going to get involved. An eyebrow raised, he cautiously went into the bar, taking a seat at the actual bar and ordering a drink. He listened intently as they discussed what to do. It seemed they were intent on breaking her out and inviting her to their pirate crew. A subtle smile crossed his face; pirates saving a Marine - that was ironic. The parallel of it made the smile grow wider though.

"If you need to find a way in, I can help," he said, turning around to face them.

Caim was in his office after this incident was in motion. He needed some time for himself, to think about a few things and plan how to proceed. He didn't like the punishment, and although he shouldn't have thought like this, he was against an execution.
He sat on a chair, just in front of a table, and seemed to draw something on a piece of paper. His work was interrupted by someone's knocking, which made him hide the paper quickly in his pocket.
"Come in. It's open."
He took a random book and pretended to read it before the person could step in.

With Reimu entering, her eyes only glance to him as recognition, moving to the very wall she was going to lean on. Visibly biting her lip, she couldn't bring herself to say anything right now, even though she's normally quiet. To her, Caim was one of two people she looked up to, the only two she could freely speak to comfortably on matters that weren't on a professional level. And the other was to be executed at dawn. Shaking her head faintly as she tries not to think about it, a few words are uttered out quietly, just enough for him to catch it, "This just isn't right.." Her earlier temperament would soon turn to a more jaded, sad view. Thinking off to herself, she speaks out again after a minute or two, this time more clearly, "What do you think you would have done, if it was you instead of Brito? In all honesty, I probably would have sent my foot to the back of his head if I witnessed the entire thing, but then again I might face the same thing she's facing now. It just doesn't seem right.."

Caim closed the book after Reimu was done talking. He put it on the table and turned to her. His mood was not easy to read this time, but he remained calm, distant as well.
"What exactly are you her for? You know just as good as me that orders are orders, whenever we like em or not."

"Yeah.. I know.." All too well, she knew. Rei huffs out through her nose and sighs, "Just wanted to see if you needed anything, Commander.. Make sure things are alright as a doctor here. Needn't worry about my own, I keep my work ahead when it calls for it.." Shifting off the wall and standing firm, she looks over to Caim, "I suppose if there isn't I'll just let you be. I'll need to head down and see if we have any spare chairs. Ended up with another one meeting my heel..." Brushing a hand through the side of her hair, she moves to turn towards the doorway, seeing if there's an answer before she may decide to leave.

"A way is always necessary," Emrik answered the newcomer.
Just then the waitress returned and spread a map out on the table. "I'm sorry, he didn't have the blueprints, but Gramps did draw what he remembered. it's nothing more then an outline really."
prison.png

"It's better than nothing." Emrik replied.

"The green star is supposed to be a week point in the wall," she told them. "There are levers in towers A, B, and C. if those get pulled then the doors to the prison corridors will unlock and you can get in. Be careful though. The center ring is where all the officers work, and the Rear Admiral," the waitress swallowed nervously, "she keeps her office at the top of the prison tower."

"Reimu... I know it sounds strange, but i feel that something will happen soon. Call it instinct if you want.
If something really happens, i want you to come here first. You got that?"
Caim and Reimu were responsible for guarding tower B, so if they would get separated from each other, it would leave a huge hole in their base defense. It seemed like Caim didn't want to take that risk, but could there maybe be more?

Looking back to Caim, Reimu would nod and turns back to her side towards him, "Yeah.. I will." Thinking about it, she too started to have a gut feeling in her, moving a clenched hand up to her chest, in thought again. Huffing out again through her nose, she turns to Caim completely, hands lowering to her sides as she takes on her usual demeanor, "Hey, I doubt they'd permit it, but am I able to see her, even for a moment?" She herself felt it was obvious she wouldn't be able to because of the Rear Admiral. That woman burned a rage into her when Rei heard the news. What should have been a few weeks confinement turned to the highest form of punishment? Is that truly how all the higher ups use their take on this so called 'justice?' It was this kind of treatment and among other things within the Marines that Reimu was determined to flush out somehow, someway. She was sickened by the fear their name strikes into normal people trying to get by in their average lives. Sickened by the corruption running deep within the ranks up high and low. Though she still stuck to it. Driving on her own goals to try and change it from within, no matter how long or far that goal would seem. And Brito was going to be a victim of it, someone she held high respect for and who she thought held similar thoughts about the way things were run, earlier being an example. Back to reality, Reimu shakes her head and looks to the side, "I probably already know that answer.. But yeah, I'll head here if anything stirs up, Commander."

"Good. If nothing else is up, please leave me alone. It was a long day."
Caim took his book again and read it. He only now noticed that it was a history book, and it's story was boring. He didn't bother to remember what it was about, and just pretended to read it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.