One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a nod, Lt. Kairo moves to leave Caim's office. Shutting the door behind her, she visibly sighs and brings a hand to her head, caressing her forehead as if haunted with a headache, which wasn't all too far off. Heading back to her office, she looks into the room and then down to the floor with the wrecked pile of wood that used to be a chair. Sending out a quiet groan, she cups her hand over her head and rubs it down, shaking her head. Trotting out to her doorway, she beckons a marine over to her, "Do me a favor please and see if we have any extra chairs. I need to cool off with some tea or a book.. I'd appreciate it." The marine salutes and nods as his hand lowers, "Of course, lieutenant ma'am.. Er, I must say, isn't this hitting your twentieth chair?" Staying still for a few moments as she looks out to nowhere in particular, Rei blinks and then looks to the marine, "Yeah, I believe so.. Just find the usual cheap one.. They're not gonna get pissy unless I ended up smashing the more expensive ones, like mahogany wood... Even then, it'd likely be a target if it were.. Thank you again, Marine.." "Of course, ma'am. I'll return shortly." And with that, the lower-ranked marine heads off in search of a chair, likely from a supply closet or the mess hall or somewhere that wouldn't miss 'another' single chair. Rei watches as the marine disappears from view, stepping back into her office and inhaling, moving to make herself a cup of tea.

"if someone could find me a good marine uniform, i could easily go in and...subjugate, our young miss marine. after all it would be a hassle to get to all three towers and hold our ground." dante said with a grin. "though i would't have a problem with the seastone cells, if someone had some explosives that problem would be nipped as well. i would just need a large enough distraction in order to sneak her out without the rest of the base coming to check on her. during the commotion." he said slightly annoyed that the base's security was only a three tower lock. "judging by our current little group i wouldn't be able to have much fun in taking a fighting approach without harming a friendly." dante's mind wandered about, thinking of all the ways he could have already gotten in and out of the base by himself without anyone knowing the wiser. a thought came to his mind at that point. "if something happens to go wrong with our plan, captain, do you all promise to flee at the site of that lightning?" his voice taking a grim tone as he spoke about his black lightning, knowing full well it could end up seriously injuring, if not killing everyone here. "do i have your word that you will grab as many people including our young miss lorelei and get to a safe place?"

"You really will be the death of me." Emrik muttered pinching his nose."Perhaps you could get in and get her out unseen, but if that plan goes perfectly nothing would be accomplished, The Captain would live true, but the marines would still be able to cover it up, claim the disturbance had been dealt with and then fake an execution. No, If we're going to do this we're going to do this properly. We're going to blow that place sky high, we're going to force an investigation by the marine higher ups into how exactly a crew full of pirates managed to not only get into base thirteen and free a prisoner, but exactly what circumstances lead to them having to do so. This is not a plan to rescue a prisoner. This is a plan to rescue a prisoner while causing as much damage as possible and taking very little ourselves. We are going to make such a mess of this place that this island's world will change." Emrik grinned at them all leaving no question as to why there was a D. in his name. "As for that trick of yours, Dante, I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does you have my word we will get out of your range as quickly as possible - though I would prefer it if you learned a little more control."
Emrik studies the "map" a bit and then sighed, "Any one here any good at breaking down walls?"

Lorelei shook her head when Dante asked her if she was scared of them already. She wasn't scared of the pirates, though Dante suggesting that they were going to ask her to join seemed pretty weird. When the captain asked his question, she shook her head. "Unless there was a water source nearby, I wouldn't be able to do much." She answered. "If we could find a demolitionist, we'd have no trouble." She leaned back, wondering if she could maybe steal a gun from the marines sometime during the attack, or maybe before. Whichever came first.

dante sighed but nodded all the same, he then walked over to a more empty part of the bar and began to meditate again, floating off the ground every now and again as sparks of electricity jumped around him, not nearly as much as on the ship, but this was only because the ship was already charged due to him being on it for so long. after a while one would think he was asleep aside from the random floating in his mind he was going over the charges of electricity in the air trying to perfect his latest trick. all the scenarios that it could be used in and if he managed to get it right he would be that much closer to finding the ultimate instrument. a more advanced fighting technique would be made and he could in theory begin work on more complex vocal's for the music he already has.

After having a cup of tea, Reimu is seen sitting on the new chair she had requested, zoned out and silent. Holding the cup in her hand, she stares at the remaining liquid into a reflection of herself. Bringing the cup to her lips, she finishes it off and places it down upon her desk, looking up and standing up. Gripping her fists, she looks out the window as her brows arch inward slightly, ~High risk but it's worth it.. Reprimand me all they want if they catch me, it'll take sharp eyes like Caim's to do so.. I'm going to see her, rules or not.~ Exhaling a breath and closing her eyes, Lt. Kairo turns away from the window and moves to leave her office, walking the halls once more. Eyes wary of any passerby marine and possible patrols near the prison block, she continues until she's out of anyone's line of sight. Stopping where she is, a long, quiet breath leaves her nostrils as she shifts her feet close, moving to bounce on each one like a preparation to be limber. Leaving one foot hovering a couple inches from the floor, she stalls it there for a few moments in focus, hands in her pockets as she then trudges side to side. After a few more, she mutters out a few words but only one could possibly be heard, "Blackfoot..." she'd seem to vanish as she was near a corridor to enter the prison block, the only hint anyone could possibly receive was a rogue brush of wind and Reimu would appear infront of Barabara Brito's cell by the shadows if there were any. Keeping presence in mind, Rei's eyes shift towards Brito's, caught in shock within her cautiousness to see her condition, teeth bearing as she grits them, voice low, "C-.. Captain?..."

"I did say I could get you in right? If you wanted a blast, all you needed to do was ask. I can blow enough holes in that place to turn it into swiss cheese. Hell, I've got a charge that can blast open the lock on the Marine's cell with ease."

Getting up, he walked over to the map. Tapping a finger on the marked weak point, he smiled.

"That's where we enter but we would have to set up decoy blasts at different points and at different levels. The more we place, the more they scramble. Thing is, that keeps them all inside the compund. We need to send a strike force in, not an army - they could move around easier and undetected. Of course, they would still be outnumbered. Which means splitting up the forces. I can blast some of the corridors and slow them down but if we had people on the outside, distracting them first, we can cut down on what we face inside."

"And I'm assuming I'll be on the strike force since I appear the be the only one who knows how to have a blast."

Brito's eyes open wide at the sound of the familiar voice. 'Reimu?' she thought, lifting her body off of the wall. Brito winced in pain at her sudden movement, trying to look through the darkness to see the silhouette of her dear friend. Brito crawled over to the bars, making sure to not make too much sound in fear of alerting attention from the guards.

"Why are you here? You'll get yourself in trouble," Brito whispered harshly, though she was more than relieved to see Reimu.

Eyes shadowed over as she kneeled down to Brito's level, she'd be in a mix of anger, rage and sorrow, "They did this to you?... I swear if it wasn't just the Rear Admiral-.. No.. She wouldn't waste her time.. Damnit, how far will the Marines fall." Reaching a hand out to her friend, she'd either move to bring it over one of Brito's hands, or brush against a cheek, "It just isn't right. None of this is... I couldn't bear not seeing my close friend and Captain until the execution. If only she didn't get involved, that arrogant bitch.." Rei's eyes soften to a more calmer state, fingers brushing against Brito's contacted skin, "Look at you.. They should be dishonored for doing this, all of them.. Their Captain and a beautiful woman, bruised and beaten just because she's to be executed by one person's orders.. Maybe it should have been me instead of you, I would have done the same back there, seeing that.."

Brito calmed at Reimu's touch. Reimu was much more gentle and responsible than Brito, yet she still had a fiery spirit behind her calm visage. That's what grew their friendship in the first place: their opposing personalities and their similar passions.

"No. I would never want you to be in my place," Brito said, her tone softer than before, "Besides, I plan on spitting in the Rear Admiral's face before my last breath." Brito grinned, though she knew her fate was anything but hilarious. She just didn't want Reimu to feel upset or guilty.

"If it were my way, I'd have her kicked off this island.. Hn, but that's not a very feasible task at the moment. I wonder how it would go, showing them why I am called the Blackout Doctor.. I still wish to follow my dream about making the Marines a better place. But I'd hate it if it were to go on by losing a friend who shared something similar, I might just be crazy enough to pull a stint before dawn comes." A faint smirk would cross her lips, toying at the thought, it'd be hard to tell if she was dead serious about it or not, "If it'll get you off this island in one piece, I'd be happy with that." Blinking and then sharply looking to her right, she could hear someone coming this way, likely the regular patrol. "Tch, damn.. I was hoping for more time.." Looking to Brito, her hand brushes down Brito's cheek and trails at the chin, Lt. Kairo would suddenly lean in while gently coaxing Brito's face to follow, she plants a light kiss before pulling away, smiling true, ever so faintly. "Let that be proof of my friendship to you, my Captain. I hope to see you soon under better circumstances.." And with that, Reimu picks herself up and backs away from the cell. Lifting one foot inches off the ground, she starts to do the previous maneuver once more, vanishing from sight of the prison block. With all that done, she lets out a heavy sigh as she walks the normal hallways, her direction leading her back to her office.

Brito smirked at Reimu. There was that passion that Brito found fascinating. She hoped for more time with Reimu, until the sound of approaching footsteps alerted them of an unwanted guard. Before she left, Reimu planted a light kiss on Brito's face, causing Brito to blush lightly. Reimu was the only one she allowed to be physically close to her. Anyone else, she would have punched right in the face.

Brito sat back down on her legs as Reimu vanished, leaving Brito alone once more. Tears began to form from Brito's eyes, which she wiped away quickly. She was stronger than this. If Brito was to be executed for what she believed in, she was going to die with her head held high. Brito brought her legs up to her chest once more, remaining in the spot she was in when Reimu left.

Dawn needed to hurry up, or the sadness would set in and make things worse.

He then spoke up rubbing his chin " Instead of explosives i could probably ram down the wall...possibly if i put enough strength into it " he said nodding his head " explosives aren't' a bad idea but neither is running rapid through a large wall " he looked at the map and looked were the person was pointing, he had yet to learn names but he was slowly catching on " Decoys? i could also be a decoy im very good at that " he said scratching the back of his head. He seemed very animated when he through as he scratched his head and rubbed his chin while squinting his eyes. " Mrhmmm... i say this plan is full proof! " He said as he stopped all his thinking motions and looked at everyone.

The steps that came to the prison became more audible the closer the source of them came to Brito's cell. And as the person was close enough, the light of the dim area gave away who it was. Caim was the one who came to her cell, and it seemed like he made his steps audible on purpose considering how quiet he can move usually.
He walked over to Brito's cell and held a platter with food through the small opening in the bars. It was not the normal prison food. Instead, it was curry rice, and a small flask with sake.
Caim's voice was not as strong as usual, and he seemed to be unsatisfied as well with how things turned out.
"Hey. Thought you would like a nice meal."

The sound of rather loud footsteps echoed against the stone floor and walls, reaching Brito's cell. 'Another visitor?' she mused, noting how much noise they were making. Obviously, it was someone who didn't care if they were caught visiting her. Brito's gaze was fixated on the towering figure on the other side of the metal bars, their appearance dimmed by the darkness yet still recognizable. Caim. Brito grimaced at the sight of the young man, looking to her side to avoid his gaze.

From her peripheral vision, Brito could see a white, saucer-shaped object. Brito turned her head back to Caim, looking down at a plate of curry rice with a small flask of sake. Brito could feel her mouth watering at the meal. She hadn't eaten in a while, and the whole predicament was making her hungry...Brito held back her temptation to eat, crossing her arms over her chest. She glanced up at Caim's face, seeing a hint of guilt and sympathy in his eyes. After a moment of defiance, Brito finally gave in. As pissed off as she was at Caim, she couldn't help it. He was still her companion and friend, regardless of the circumstances. Brito frowned. "Damn," she said, looking down at the plate as he picked up the metal spoon, "I'm getting soft." Brito scooped some of the curry rice into her mouth, savoring the spiciness of the meal.

After Brito took her meal, Caim walked to the other side of her cell and leaned against the wall.
"That's my line."
There was a while of silence, in which Caim just had his eyes closed and his arms crossed. With his head lowered a bit, it seemed like he was thinking about something.
He broke the silence after she was done with her meal.
"You know... Of all the people who were available and capable of hiding the key to your cell, take a guess who was chosen.
But it's even better. Let's just imagine that this person would try to get you out, would you know what to do once you would be out of that prison cell? With all the marines, officers, and eye witnesses, it is impossible to get out without loosing a limb or two.
Quite the problem you are in huh?"
Even while talking, he continued to think of some kind of escape plan, but each plan ended with the same result. A too high risk of getting caught. Getting caught would mean that that both of them would die, making the whole idea just a big mistake.

Last edited:
After finishing her meal, Brito wiped her mouth. She smirked at Caim's words. "Are you challenging me?" she asked teasingly, placing her bowl and spoon down. However, Brito wondered the same thing: what would she do if she escaped? Leaving the island was nigh impossible, unless she became a stowaway. Even then, Brito would be in a lot of trouble. At this moment, the Marines and pirates were her enemies. Brito crossed her legs and arms in frustration. Then again, she still had a chance...she pondered if the idea was wise, though.

'Switching sides? Interesting...,' Brito thought, her amusement present on her face.

After figuring that escaping was impossible with just the two of them, he gave that up and opened his eyes again. Upon seeing the amusement on her face, his mood changed. He was annoyed by her again, just like in the bar. Considering that he brought her a meal, he gave away that he had a soft side, and now he already assumed that she would make fun of it.
"Oi. What's so funny?"

Brito blinked, Caim's words knocking her out of her stupor. Brito blushed, caught off-guard and unsure of what to tell him. She didn't want to mention becoming a pirate as a way to escape from the island, but she didn't want to remain silent, either. Brito stammered, trying to come up with a witty comeback. "Y-your hair! It looks stupid right now!" Brito exclaimed, feeling stupid herself for how lame that sounded. Going along with it, Brito pointed at Caim's hair and forced a laugh.

The loss of blood was messing with her head, for sure.

Her answer was obviously a lie, and did not brighten his mood up of course.
"See? This is why we talk so rarely. Just trying to be a bit nice, but no. You're making fun of me, again.
Sheesh. Last thing i need now is alcohol i guess. You don't wanna see ma drunk AND angry."
He walked to her cell and placed his small flask on the ground in front of her cell. After that, Caim began to walk away again.
"Don't drink too much you hear? Save some for a special occasion."
Brito would do well to think about these words. The flask he gave her with the food was sake, just as is should be. The second one was the same bottle, but it was sealed with a cork, and the symbol for "Smoke" was written on the bottom of it.

Caim walked out of the prison area and headed back to his office after that. All he could do now is to hope that his intuition was right and that something was about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.