One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millie looked up from her nails when the sound was heard. It seemed the man they had sent out was finished. She looked to Jacobs, a knowing smile on her lips as she stood. The trek through the forest was not one she usually minded but it felt troublesome that day. She stood just aside from Jacobs when they reached the spot they were supposed to meet Aden. She folded her arms and tapped at her elbow as Jacobs spoke with him, half listening to it all. Ugh, what's with all the marines? Millie began to tap her foot as well.

"Well said Captain. Do you want me to prepare some explosives in case we need to tear down a few walls?"

Lorelei popped her head through the hatch just in time to hear Emrik's orders. "Alright, Captain!" She ducked back down before climbing back up with her gun, freshly loaded, and her tool belt around her waist. She quickly got off of the boat, pulling on the cloak a little bit. She stretched a bit, smiling. "This is gonna be fun! Just hope it doesn't end up like the last island. That ended up being a little bit of a mess." She glanced between the sisters before back up at their demolitionist. She really should talk to him more, she thought. He seemed like a very nice man, and it would be cool to see how he made his bombs. She nearly smirked, wondering if she could try and implement some of his techniques in her own engineering projects.

Captain Requiem, darkred
Given what information he was, Requiem could only manage a handful of actions. The first of the lot was to acquire maps of the cave system. Using those, he planned a series of routes in and through the caves. These, he believed, were the most likely locations that needed to be explored. He noted that some of the illustrations stopped at certain points, marked with symbols delegating them as trapped caves. Those were the ones that would likely lead where it was likely the target was located.

His second order of business was to collect the remnants of his crew that had been left on the island. He recalled that they all shared fairly simple habits and figured that there were only a few locations that it was likely for them to be in. As such, he set off. After a small amount of searching and asking around, he heard that a group sounding decidedly like his crew were seen entering a cafe on the east side of the town.

With that information in hand, it was only a matter of minutes before he found the café that the group was busy occupying. He smiled upon spotting them sitting around a table and approached, "Well, you all look busy." He remarked casually, tipping Catherine's hat a bit, playfully, while pulling up a chair. "Did I miss anything interesting while I was gone?" He had to ask simply because with this group, the odds of them paying attention to the murders and the towns panic were about 50/50.

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
Vivienne listened to her ghosts, finding out which cave entrance was the least supervised. She then clutched her head, and let out a slightly agonized groan. "I apologize, I would very much like to lead the way right away, but my anemia... Could I just sit down for a moment on the ship, undisturbed?" Lillian grabbed her sister's hand, checking her heartbeat with a worried expression. "We're so sorry to ask this of you, but Vivienne has a very troublesome condition, and it's worsened whenever she's around a large group of people... She just needs some time alone, that's all." Lillian didn't want to push any boundaries, having just been accepted by the captain, but the health of her sister was of utmost concern to her.

BLACKJACK THREE, red
Catherine smiled meekly as Requiem pushed her hat, still with a dull expression in her eyes. She grabbed his coat and held on to it softly. "Father..." Claus simply put down his coffee cup, giving a curt smile and an "It's nice to see you again, captain.". His inner reaction was probably a bit different, but he was far too polite to express it. Huā, on the other hand, was ecstatic, and not afraid to show it. "Cap'n, finally! Ugh, we've waited so long!" She said while clinging to his shoulder. "No, you didn't miss anything. We haven't had much to do... Anything at all, really. I mean, who would've guessed foraging for rocks would be such a dull expedition? Anyway, now that you're here, we can finally do something again! So, so, what are our orders?" She said anticipatively with a bright smile.

~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~

Hitting the bags.

The typical marine traning hall greeted the duo as they pushed open the double doors. A few marines were there doing weight training, but all in all, they had the main fall to themselves. Aurelia was sure that Caim was not going to spot her while she did some squat lifts and sure enough, after a few seconds of rummaging amongst the equipment cabinent, her temporary cammanding officer came up. In his hand was two weapons. One a sheathed wooden sword and the second, a nodachi. While Aurelia was tempted to give him credit for picking out her primary weapon, it is kind of hard to not notice the large sword strapped to her back. Taking the wooden weapon in hand, Aurelia swung it about with a few swings. It was lighter than she expected, but heavier than normal. It definitely had some lead inside.

"Let's keep it simple. The first one to land a good hit wins. No ring out, and no time limit. Ready?"

She figured it was a straight up martial test. Even with such a large room, Aurelia was a bit concerned with the use of her nodachi. Often, if anything got in her way, Kongou was easily able to just dice through without any interruption to her swing. A training nodachi was a bit different. That and given Caim's weapon, Aurelia felt she might be in a bad match up. The sheathe had to be of some use. Other wise, he wold have just grabbed a standard wooden sword. True to her gut feeling, Caim settled into a quick draw stance.

"Ah nuts.... this is not going to be fun"

No matter how good she is, the quick draw of a smaller sword is always faster than that of a longer one. So, instead, Aurelia decided to use one thing she had over Caim, her range. Aurelia settled into a Chudan stance, keeping the tip of her sword more horizontal than usual. The intention was to limit the direction and path he could take to her. The length of the nodachi meant he had to act earlier in accordance with the extra reach, which also meant exposing signs of which path he would take earlier. Of course, by then, with an Iai, Caim would be quite deep into her sword territory, but Caim never specified she HAD to hit him with her sword. Instead, Aurelia planned to predict the swing and aim to drop the nodachi so as to block the strike. It could be the hilt, the cross guard, anything. She jsut needed to stop the swing. The moment contact is made and the strike is slowed, Aurelia aimed at sliding his sword down either side of her nodachi and follow through with an elbow strike as his head passed. That was all theory and planning though. Carefully and patiently, Aurelia kept her eye steady on Caim, taking in the smallest movement that might betray where he plans to strike.

Giving Kiyoshi a look of pure gratitude, Rooke turned to his squad and spoke.

"The plan remains, stick to your posts. I'm going to scout out the surrounding area. Alert the Lieutenant or one of my clones if anyone leaves this cave or comes near it!"

Giving a nervous glance to the Lieutenant, Arvand whispered the words, "Party Time" under his breath. Right where his hand indicated, 3 clones of himself totally alike in appearance materialized. With a wave he sent two of them out into the jungle in opposite directions to alert him if anyone came near. Leaving the third by the cave entrance with his squad.

"You're uh . . . welcome to come with if you like, Sir."

With an awkward grin he began to take his own leave into the jungle, intending to search the perimeter. He couldn't help but feel a little self conscious about being a Devil Fruit user. And there was the whole thing with naming his abilities. Though most users did it, so it wasn't uncommon . . . but it was still embarrassing to the Ensign.

Kiyoshi listens and watches the Ensign, smiling as he thought about how efficient they were working. He thought about how philosophical the world could be to some, but to him, those philosophies didn't change the destruction and chaos innocents suffered every day at the hands of the chaos out in the world. He never thought about questioning how the Marine's worked when he joined, he just knew they represented Justice in the world. Yet that didn't change his thoughts on the past, but that was the past, right? So why did it hurt to think about it, sometimes he wished he had the incredible endurance Devil Fruit users had. To be a fully efficient Marine, however, he needed to go into the seas, he couldn't risk it so he could save everyone.

Returning to reality after that brief moment of spacing out, he noticed the Ensign offering him to come along. "Of course, I believe everything over here is handled. Lead the way, and I will follow." As he began to follow after the man, his thoughts turned to if he had said those exact words before. He shook the thoughts off quickly again, he had to be effective and focused in order to not let anyone get him when his guard was down. Potential strategies of the mission ran through his mind, as one of his hands twitched slightly at the thought of getting into action.

Andesite Island – The Striker, gold
Emrik nodded at Julius's question about explosives. "that would be helpful. Better to bring them and not need them than to find ourselves in a situation where we wished we had them." His eyes traveled to his shipwright. "Lorelei, if you're all ready to go, will you help Julius?"

He was prevented from saying more by the sight of one of the twins looking ill. Fortunately it seemed to be something the Vivian and her sister had dealt with before so at their request to sit down quietly somewhere he only nodded. "Of course, do what you need to." Yet the moment the girls had moved away Emrik turned to Kyy and pointed first to his own eyes and then discreetly over his shoulder to where the two woman had gone. "Watch them," he mouthed, "carefully." Emrik was not about to be swindled.

Andesite Island – The Woods, springgreen
Jacobs grinned and held his arm out so that Aden could grab it. "Let's go." He stated simply reaching up the other hand to hold the hat on his head. Sooner we get in the sooner we can figure out how to get through that hall and find our prize." He flashed a grin at his companions.

Aden Kwake, Blue
As Jacobs and Millie proffered their hands Aden considered his plan again. his normal Shift range was about two miles but additional mass reduced that exponentially, doubling the mass he carried would cut the distance to one fourth, or a half mile. but in this case he would roughly triple the mass in each shift, reducing the distance to one ninth of his full capacity... four hundred yards, no, best to make that three hundred eighty no sense estimate too high and falling short. of course he would also have to account for the tight passageways. true he didn't need line of sight to shift but it would be very bad to shift somewhere there was no open air, or a place where the shockwave would have a chance of collapsing the tunnel. Aden calculated his path, six jumps would take him and his employers the roughly one mile to the trapped passage he could not pass.

"I'll take you there directly. Brace yourselves there will be a series of shifts in quick succession, the experience can be disorienting to those unaccustomed." Aden grasped both his employers firmly around the wrist, and shifted downward.

Aden had many passengers over the years he'd controlled the power of the Basho-Basho no mi, they had all described the experience the same way; ' like being pulled though the tiniest hole imaginable'. Many of those with mediocre constitutions had thrown up afterward. Aden would be severely disappointed if that were to be the case here.

It was indeed a quick six jumps, Aden kept their feet at least six inches above the floor to avoid accidents shifting again before gravity had a chance to pull them all the way down. by the fourth jump they had gained a bit of downward momentum so he flipped them upside down, falling up for a short time to dissipate it. The sixth jump left them in front of a crevice in the wall of the cave; the shock waves of their six shifts echoed down the passageway in both directions filling the cave system with their thunder. The crevice that was to be their way forward was just big enough that someone with big bones could squeeze through but those with a pot belly would need to find another root, if there was one.

Aden pulled another flair from the inside of his jacket and lit the simple fuze with a simple flint striker he also kept on his person. The red light of the flair parted the shadows of the crevice to reveal some detail. The floor sloped upward through the crack and opened to a small low ceiling passage on the other side. the path zigzagged up and to the left cutting of the line of sight and hiding further traps. Not that there were not plenty in view to begin with.

Aden held the flair high and turned to his employers "This is probably the best defended section I've come across, he most obviously visible are the pressure plates on the floor of the room beyond, I suspect are attached to spiked that drop out of the ceiling. There are also a few trip wires hidden in the nooks of the crevice where all the good footing spots, thouse trigger some darts hidden in the walls. Just up by the zigzag I can see a few more tripwires, but I can only speculate as to what they might release. In any case I can't shift further as I have no line of sight and the shock wave would snap any tripwires present in such a small pace."

Aden offered the flair to Jacobs so he could take a closer look, "How do you suggest we proceed?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius was more than prepared for a caving expedition, Part of the supplies he had requested were specifically for such demolition work - what he had had on him was used when they broke into the Sabaku Marine base. He had already whipped up a few charges and could make a few more with the stocks they had but that would take some time. As it stood, they needed to get moving.

Though Emrik had been looking to Kyy, Julius' sharp eyes had picked up what the Captain had said. He didn't trust the sisters still, a belief the demolitionist shared. One of his eyes would also be watching the twins. Sidling up close to Lorelei, he smiled.

"This'll be a blast, won't it?"

It's been days since the less than stellar heist she pulled took place. Vithica knew she lost them but she hasn't had any real luck finding a crew to take her on like she planned. That is not the worst thing to happen to her but she has been running rather low on money and supplies. She decided that she needed to stop for awhile and rethink her plan of action because it has clearly not been working.

She eventually found a nice looking cafe while she was wondering around and decides to stop there to think out her next move and get something to eat. On her way inside she scanned the entire cafe before she slumped down into one of the chairs at an empty table and gave out a deep sigh.

"Still no luck finding anyone...Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. If I want to be noticed I need to make myself known..."

While she was sitting there thinking she started to overhear some of the chatterng of the group of people sitting behind her.

"Well, you all look busy."
---
"Father..."
---
"It's nice to see you again, captain."

"...Wait, Captain!?" She thought to herself. "Could they be pirates? They certainly didn't look like Marines when I was walking to this seat."

Deciding she needs to act quickly, she calmly got out of her seat and turned to them, seeing the man standing up and looking like the captain, she says to him without realizing the volume of her voice.

"Hey, you guys!" She said pointing at the small group of people. "My name is Vithica and I'm going to be your awesome new crew member!"

Naturally she attracted the attention of just about everyone in the cafe. But she's decided that she is not taking no for an answer this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
Lillian thanked Emrik, and led Vivienne onto the ship. They found a suitable room, the women's cabin, and Vivienne went in and sat down. Lillian stayed outside, and when she closed the door, she slid down the wall, burying her face in her arms, sighing deeply but silently. She then noticed that they had been followed by Kyy. Startled, she quickly stood up, wiping some tears that had formed in the corners of her eyes with her finger. "Oh, it's you... No, don't worry, we're not stealing anything, I promise." She put her hands above her head and smiled gently. "Look, I'm really sorry for what we, no, for what I did. Vivienne never really had anything to do with it. At first we did it to survive, you know, the stealing. But it was my idea. I wanted to support my sister, but with a regular job I'd leave her alone all day and still only be able to bring back a fraction of the money we earned from petty theft, since I wasn't able to find anything with decent pay. Having us both work was out of the question, considering her condition. Then I got caught up in it, fueled by some sort of addiction to thrill and a dream of mine which I quite frankly don't think will ever come true. At this point I just want to start over, for my sister's sake as well as my own, but to do that we need your help. For that reason, do you really think we would risk losing the very frail trust of your captain by taking anything else belonging to you?" At that point, Vivienne's voice could be hear coming from inside the cabin. "Sis..." She called out. "Yes, Viv, what is it?" Lillian opened the door. Vivienne slowly walked out. "I think I'm ready now." She then noticed Kyy, and looked a bit worriedly at her sister. "Sis, is anything the matter?" Lillian shook her head. "No, nothing's wrong, I was just apologizing for earlier, saying I was sorry." "Good, because you should. Now, I don't want to keep the captain waiting any longer, so let's head outside." The sisters went off the ship, and Vivienne once again thanked Emrik. "Now, from what I can see, there's an entrance into the underground cave system not far from town that seems to be the one furthest away from the marine base, and consequently the least supervised one. I apologize for keeping everyone waiting, but I see no point in lingering any longer. If everyone is ready, I'll lead the way."

BLACKJACK THREE, red
As a chipper, loudmouthed woman approached their captain, the crew of the Blackjack present in the café immediately turned somewhat hostile. Catherine's third eye opened slightly and glanced at the one who had barged into their conversation, Claus put down his coffee cup and stood up, revealing his full, massive figure, and Huā put her hands to her hips, glaring at the intruder. "Excuse me, but don't you know who you're talking to? This is none other than Requiem Mortalis, one of the seven warlords! Do you really think you can just waltz up here and think you'll be accepted into the crew of such a highly regarded man?" Huā acted confidently and threateningly, but she knew that her captain ha a weak spot for quirky characters, and if he felt like it he would accept her without second thought. But still, if that was the case, Huā would at least have to scare this girl a bit, make her think twice about the decision she had just made.

Lorelei chuckled, nodding. "Of course. Oh! Do you think after this you could tell me a little bit about how you make your stuff? I'd love to improve my own tinkering, and explosives would be great to add to my repertoire." The fishwoman gave a toothy smile before hearing Emrik's request. "Alright." She nodded in confirmation before turning to the demolitionist. "Well, you heard the captain! What do you need me to do?" She crossed her arms, ready to help her fellow crew member.

"Well I've got a few charges ready for heavy demolition work but they're kinda bulky. I meant for one of their uses to be lobbing onto enemy ships so that's why they're so large instead of the small charges I used on Sabaku. Was not expecting to need them here. Still they're about fifteen pounds each and they can't all be shoved into a single pack - two max. Besides we could only fit three into a pack anyways and we need our hands free in case we run into something in the caves."

Julius gave a subtle jerk of his eyes towards the twins, sharing his own lingering distrust of the pair.

"We don't really have to time to whip up a few more but these will serve us just fine. Combined with the smaller ones I usually carry, we'll be able to blow just about anything up. And if you wanna play with explosives, you're gonna be staying above the water. I haven't gotten everything I need to make underwater ones yet."

The combination of realizing who she called out and the sudden shift in tone coming from these guys made her confidence fall and accidentally let it show for a few seconds. But she had to establish her dominance here and now or she would come off as weak! So she recomposed herself and continued on.

"That's even better! And yes I think I can because you look like you could use more people and I need a crew to join."

After she got back on the roll she couldn't help but smile.

"It's not only a perfect fit. But having another person would only help. That, and I can do this."

Vithica held up one hand as some form of malleable goo moved up her arm and began to form what soon became a cutlass. As it took it's final form and solidified, she held it out so they may admire her work.

"This is just a small sample of what I can do. Imagine the sheer utility of my power."

She threw the sword she made to their feet.

"Go ahead, check it out. My creations are as light as wax but stronger than steel. Perfect for weapons and an assortment of other tools."

Reactions: - Falcon -
Captain Requiem, darkred
Requiem paused from greeting his crew, and finding out about their happenings, upon interruption from a girl who apparently had declared herself to be joining his crew.

All things considered, he was short handed. However, on the other side of things, she was a wildcard. An unknown in any game increased the risk, but quite often increased the game's interest as well. In this case, his biggest concern was simply that only a handful of people would ever volunteer as she did, and he expected that more than half of those worked for rival warlords. He had made more than a couple of enemies within the Warlord ranks, and she wouldn't be the first to have been spying for one of the others, assuming that she was in fact, a spy.

He listened quietly as the girl explained herself, and her intentions, and then he listened in amusement as his crew argued back. Eventually, it came down to his vote. "Well... You seem earnest enough about joining, but I don't actually know you. I don't know what you're like, or what your goals are. So, here's the deal. We're all going on something of a treasure hunt. Our target is somewhat popular as of late. The murderer of the island. There's also a side prize buried deeper in the caves that we're hunting in. The caves are remarked to be boobytrapped, but the prize is quite valuable. Depending on how you do in assisting us towards our goals will decide on whether or not I accept you as part of the crew" He informed her, ignoring her devil fruit powers entirely. He'd seen a lot of things in his travels, and quite frankly, while what she had most certainly qualified as unique and potentially useful, if she couldn't work together with his family, then she wasn't cut out for his crew.

He looked her over again before nodding to himself. "So, do we have a deal?"

Last edited:
BIRDCATHER ROSA, yellow
Rosa was about to move in on Cassiopeia with her Birdcatcher katana, when her ears picked up the sound of someone approaching them in the cave. Instinctively she turned her head around, shouting "Who's there!?" She saw the figure of a man, but before she had the time to say anything else, Cassiopeia saw her chance and sprinted away deeper into the cave in an attempt to hide. Rosa, angered by the fact that her prey managed to get away, turned to the man. "You fool! I'll have you incarcerated for obstructing the work of a marine captain!" She then turned back around, following Cass through the cave tunnel.

HUĀ KAIHUĀ, green
Huā picked up the cutlass produced by Vithica and ignored by captain Requiem, and examined it uninterestedly. She held it out vertically in front of her with one hand, and raised her other hand above her head. With the sound of slowly bending a piece of wood, the hand held in the air turned a glossy, jet black colour. With a swift movement, impossible to have been picked up by the naked eye, she let her black hand drop on the blade of the weapon, which split in half. She bent over, picked up the piece that had fallen onto the floor, and examined it. "Hmm, a clean cut. Anything less decent than this would have been shattered completely, but this shows signs of integrity. She might be more impressive than first meets the eye..." She thought to herself. She then listened to their captain speak about their current objectives. Capturing a measly murderer and going on some childish treasure hunt? Surely, they must have better things to do. Sighing to herself, she cast an eye on Vithica. Decent build, young, energetic, interesting power... But would she prove useful? Huā decided to kick back a bit this time, and observe the prospect recruit.

Caim watched her stance carefully. From the looks of it, he couldn't push her back, and she seemed to be prepared for his swing. One would probably expect him to be annoyed by this, but fact was that this situation made him smile. The stronger the opponent, the more fun was the fight. He gladly accepted the challenge and dashed right at Aurelia. His first swing was fast, but Aurelia did well in blocking it. In the next split second, she counteded by using her cross guard to hit Caim somewhere near his shoulder. It was interrupted though, but not by his sword. It still was blade to blade with her training nodachi. Caim used his scabbard, wielding it in ice pick style. Both of them stood their ground, and Aurelia could see that Caim enjoyed this fight to the fullest.
"Not bad. Let's see how you handle this."
Caim jumped back to get himself some distance. He sheathed his sword and put it into a ring on his hip. His stance was different now. His right leg in front of him, his fists raised, and unlike his Iato stance, his body was not lowered. In the next moment, he rushed again at her. He was quicker like this, and when he came up close, he was able to dodge her strikes, or hit the side of her stord with a fist to re-direct her strike. Unless she came up with an idea to push him back, he would soon get a hit. All he waited for was an opening in her defense.

Lorelei nodded as she listened to the demolitionist, glancing over at the twins as he did. She noted the distrust in his eyes. She mirrored that distrust, knowing at any point the two girls could and probably turn on them or that this whole thing was a farce. She smiled when he mentioned no underwater explosives. "I got it. No swimming around with bombs." She looked over at the twins as they said as soon as they were ready they could go. "So, you want me to grab those fifteen pound charges or we leaving them behind?" She was interested in if she could help Julius with his underwater work. She had seen him help the winds so she at least assumed he was a devil fruit user. Devil fruits and the sea did not work well together, so anyway she could help, she was happy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.