One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alert though he was, Julius found himself bored by the caverns. They seemed to go on forever and while things had gotten interesting a few times, the best was the contingent of Marines they came across with Kyy's staff. For their group though, rank-and-file Marine were nothing, especially when there were devil fruits involved. For Lillian though, this was a matter of importance - she had promised to retrieve Kyy's staff after all and she did good work of it. WIth one of their majour objectives take care of, they moved on through the cave for the supposed treasure.

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
"See, I told you I'd get it back!" Lillian wore a smug smile on her face after having come out victorious in the kerfuffle earlier.

"You did great, sis, but you ought to watch out." Vivienne remarked while dodging a rogue blade swinging from wall to wall.

"Hehehe..." Lillian scratched her head, deciding not to let her victory bloat her ego, and pay more attention to her surroundings. Still, she had a good feeling, and they were probably not far away from the treasure at this point.

The marine outpost was full of hustle and bustle, and filling out paper work on Cassiopeia's capture. A Coo was sent out to inform head quarters, announcements were made to the town that the danger was passed and the port freeze was over, Marines went about with a grin on their face congratulating each other on a job well done. Only Nesmath, sitting alone in his office, had anything serious about him.

In the Captain's case it was because he was concentrating. He had a formal bulletin to draft to be placed on the town's notice board, possible promotions to review, and about a hundred other things.

As he finished the notice the sound of footsteps walking past his office and he poked his head out just long enough to see Kiyoshi Yume.
"Here, marine," The captain stated handing the page to the younger man. "Would you mind seeing that gets posted?"

A moment later the captain had retreated back to his chair.

[bg=seashell]
Important Update!
Murderer Captured, City Safe

It is with great pleasure that your local marine base would like to inform you that the party responsible for one of your own town residents and friends was taken into custody this evening. A team of our best followed the perpetrator into the islands caves, engaged in battle, and returned with the party in custody.
Rest assured, justice will be served.

In accordance with the above the Freeze on the port has been lifted. Ships are now free to leave and return on day-to-day business in accordance with that law.

Any Questions may be directed to Ensign Gavront of the public relations department.
[/bg]

The Outsider Pirates worked together to get the chest out of the caves, taking it by turns, back tracking the way they had come. It was far easier for them that it would have been for any of the other teams.

Once out of the caves they moved a little way down hill from the cave entrance, to a small clearing full of green grass, and set about opening the chest.

It took them about ten minutes to smash it open, but once they had what they saw was not gold or jewels as many had dreamed, but a small, unmarked, wooden ball.

The Black Moon Pirates worked their way systematically through the caves. Each using their abilities to help their team members and avoid traps. Unfortunately, while they were constantly finding new corridors and their path seemed more or less straight, they were not heading towards the now claimed treasure, but towards yet another entrance to the caves.

They exited the tunnels, blinking against the light of the setting sun, but down below in a little clearing of the woods they could make out another group gathered around an open chest.

Jacobs and his small crew followed the pirates out.
At the sight of the contents of the smashed chest he felt a thrill of hope rising in him. This, this was what he had been waiting for.
A grin crossed his normally cold face and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Yessssss!"

Kiyoshi Yume hadn't been expecting this, and stopped briefly in order to take the paper handed to him. "Sure thing, I can do that." Kiyoshi confirms to the captain, heading off as he skimmed through what it said before returning his attention to where he was going. Did he mind doing a few things like this for people? Not at all, actually, in fact it felt rather good to him to help others out at times. Well, unless they were pirates, then he'd have to take them in.

Julius blinked int he sudden sunlight and turned his face downwards to shade his eyes better. Looking down, he could see in a clearing below the presence of several others around a chest. He blinked several times, both to remove to spots from his vision but also to make sure he was actually seeing something.

"Uhhhh... Captain? We might have a problem. There's a few guys down there with a chest. And it might be what we've been after."

Once out of the caves, Lorelei smiled and stretched. "Freedom! Freedom at last!" She muttered as she stretched. However, the sight of others surrounding a chest surprised the young fishwoman. Her hand went to her gun, ready to pull it out or attack if necessary. She was curious as to what they were all surrounding, edging closer to see if she could glance over the group of people at what possible treasure may have caught their attention. She didn't move too close, keeping in range of her crew so if the captain ordered something, she could follow it out to the T. Finally she caught a glimpse of just what everyone was gawking at. "A ball? They're looking at a wooden ball?" The fishwoman wondered what was inside the strange sphere, and craved to have it. However, she could not steal it yet. If her captain gave the orders then she would be more than happy to follow it through.

After the group finally exited the caves and forced open the chest to find the wooden sphere. Vithica was initially disappointed by it until she realized that it was hidden away for some reason or another and that this might be worth more than a chest full of gold.

After she came to that conclusion she slid right up to Hua and nudges her. And with a hearty laugh. "See? I am not all that bad to have now am I?"

After a few moments she suddenly stops and dramatically points to Requiem.

"Now there is no way you can say that I would not be a useful member of this crew! And thus you should let me join you guys on your adventures!"

~ Some time later ~

[bg=cornsilk]
Captain's log – South Blue
Leaving Andesite

It is a relief to me to be able to leave this island. Had I known we would be risking so much for no profit I would have left as soon as the ship was repaired and restocked.
As things currently stand we came out of it remarkably well. The Warlord Requiem had no desire to fight, only maintain their possession of the treasure they had rightfully found and claimed. I know my own strength and that of my crew well enough to judge that it would be better not to argue, though there was some discontent expressed among my crew after.

On a more interesting note, I witnessed a historian or archaeologist of some sort, perhaps a treasure hunter herself, Approach the famed gambler with an offer. Her help in exchange for passage off the island. She said her same was Lorcana. I will admit to some curiosity and a hope to meet the man, his crew, and the strange woman again. Perhaps such a meeting will turn to our favor and we will gain knowledge of the importance of the little wooden ball contained within the chest.

Still, this trip has not been without some gain.
My crew has learned a great deal about teamwork and each other's capabilities and we have added two new members, a pair of sisters, to our ranks.

Now we are a day out from Andesite, sailing for the next island and the adventure it may hold.

- Roald D. Emrik
[/bg]

As he wrote in his log at his desk in the ship's library, Roald D. Emrik did not see the little boat that sailed in the Striker's wake. It's occupant wise in the ways of not being seen.

Neither did the crew of the outsider pirates notice the presence of an invisible guest aboard their own ship as they too made their way to the next island. Jacobs it seemed was intent on getting that puzzle ball, and no lengths were too low for him to stoop to obtain it.

Reimu Kairo
It was on the front deck of the Striker that the supposed 'hostage' Marine Lieutenant had stood. Still wearing the hat over her hair and glasses missing from the bridge of her nose, Reimu was staring out at the sea with arms crossed, ignoring any noise that the Captain's crew might have been making. She had a lot on her mind ever since they 'escaped' Sabaku Island and her former outpost. The look in her deep-crystal blue eyes were distant, her expression nearly the same. What was she going to do? It was a question that has repeated itself over and over in her head constantly. One that she hoped she could answer soon.​

Lorelei brushed some sweat off of her face. She lifted the gun to her face, examining each detail under a scrutinizing eye. Deciding that her recent adjustments were good, she set the weapon down with a sigh, pulling a tarp over the small workspace she had made herself in the ship. Pulling her hair out of it's messy ponytail, she shook it out. Grease and oil seemed to cover every inch of her, splashes seen on her clothes as skin. Stretching, the fishwoman rolled her shoulders and stretched her back out with a satisfying crack. She had been working on the project ever since they had gotten back on the boat. She didn't talk, barely acknowledged anyone as she worked away with the metal and the careful intricacies that were not to be touched by any other hands than her own.

The fishwoman sighed before heading up to the deck of the ship. It was probably best to get some fresh air since she had been in the ship for such a long time. Who knows, maybe she could talk to their young marine or the two new members. Lorelei rubbed some oil and grease off on her pants. Her fins also were splotched with the slippery substances, even at its farthest point at five inches. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. The last island had been just useless, which gave the fishwoman a crappy feeling. However, it was not worth it to dwell on it.

KAMAKIRI SISTERS
"Scrub-a-dub-dub!~"

Lillian was humming cheerfully as she ran her hands up and down her sister's back, creating a rich, lathery foam. The two were currently enjoying a shower together in the bath of the Striker. Vivienne sat quietly, solemnly, staring out into blank space while her sister cleaned her back. Lillian, tired of the lack of interaction, fell forward, pressing her breasts against Vivienne's bare skin in a playful embrace.

"Hey, Viv, what'cha thinking about?"

She asked in a childish tone, tickling Vivienne's chin.

"Nothing. I've been trying to figure out what we're supposed to do once we get off this ship, as we still don't have a plan, but to no prevail. So, I'm taking a break by not thinking about anything."

While tickling Vivienne's chin, a considerable amount of foam had formed. Lillian amused herself by fashioning it into different styles of facial hair.

"Aw, come on, Viv! We've talked about this! Why do you always have to be such a buzz kill? We do what we always do, get off, and then we see where our fate takes us. As long as we're together, we'll be fine!"

Vivienne sighed, blowing a handlebar mustache off her upper lip.

"That didn't exactly work out wonderfully the last time. Especially not the time before that. And..."

Lillian fervently rubbed Vivienne's cheeks, creating a foam that covered her mouth and prevented her from speaking.

"Oh, shush! This time will be different. We're way more mature now. Well... I am, at least. You've always been kind of mature... Anyway, this time, I've also made a promise, which is in my best interest to keep."

"If you say so..." Vivienne said, wiping the soapy substance off her face.

"Say..." Lillian started, putting her hands on top of Vivienne's head. "If I remember correctly, I think there's supposed to be a library across the hall. I don't know how extensive it is, or what kind of, if any, literature is in it, but it could be worth checking it out. It might give you something to occupy yourself with until we arrive, I mean."

"A library?" Vivienne asked monotonously, looking up at her sister's hands. Well, to the untrained ear it might have sounded monotonous, but Lillian could detect a distinct tone of curiousness. At least that's what she told herself. "Well, having a look wouldn't harm. But I doubt a ship of this size would harbor anything of interest."

Lillian giggled, pouring a bucket of water over her sister, rinsing her off.

"It's settled then!"

Having dried themselves off and put their clothes back on, the two sisters found themselves standing in front of the door to what Lillian assumed to be the library.

"So... You think anybody's in there?" She asked. Vivienne shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe we should ask someone if it's alright if we head inside."

"Well, no one seems to be around, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we just had a look." Lillian was about to open the door, but was interrupted by Vivienne clicking her tongue.

"You never change, do you?"

Lillian hesitated, and settled for tentatively knocking on the door instead of opening it.

• Love
Reactions: Vivienne Vexx
Emrik heard the knock and looked up from where he was working on his latest log and his map approximated from various accounts and renderings of the island they journeyed to.

"Enter," he called, looking up to see the twins. "Ladies welcome, feel free to browse!" he stated simple before returning to his work. "Just be sure to take care of anything you borrow."

The Striker's library was impressing for being in a little closet of a room on board a ship. As much shelf space as possible had been crammed in, leaving only room for the little desk Emrik sat at beneath the porthole. A good chuck of those shelves were taken up with history and Navigation logs, but the rest held a solid attempt to provide reading material suited to anyone else's tastes.

[bg=cornsilk]

Captain's log – South Blue, Ichiba
The Final Island

Ichiba, They say it's the last safe island before one reaches the mysterious sea know as the Grandline. Perhaps it's the last island, but it's hardly safe. We've been in port barely three hours and already there's been trouble.

Like Andesite this isle is located on a long deal volcano, covered with forests with a large merchant town at its center. There are various smaller islands around it, and many contain farming and fishing villages as well. As far as I can tell there are no Marines. Fortunately for us. Unfortunately there are other Pirates.

They have not asked for a fight, but they are restricting trade, and before we go on, before I dare the unknown seas ahead, there is something I must acquire. They say conventional navigation methods do not work in the Grandline, instruments go haywire and the skies are often clouded, currents run in circles and strange storms appear out of no where. The also say there is a bird sold on this Island whose beak always points South. But to obtain one it must be purchased, and to purchase one i need the local pirate gang to be agreeable to it. The situation is . . . puzzling.

I have asked everyone who sails with me to split up and scour the island for either one of these birds, a way to obtain it, or a way to convince these pirates to work with us.

They have all gone out either alone or in teams, so now I wait with the ship for results.
— Emrik

[/bg]

As soon as she had seen the flag, Lorelei felt her heart burst out of her chest. They had taken over the island. Of course they had. She had tried to convince her captain of the dangers but couldn't get a word in edgewise as their captain asked for a bird to help them navigate. The whole plan spelled trouble with a capital T. So with a strained smile, she got up in front of the crew before they left. "Thanks for the lift but I was just using you all. Be glad I don't sink your ship with you all in it!" The words broke her heart. In the time she had been with the crew, she had grown close to them. However, for their own safety, they couldn't be affiliated with her. Turning, she jumped off the ship, a few tears trailing behind her as she tried to distance herself from the crew, her fledgling new family.

On the island, Merrick was bored. Absolutely positively bored. The townspeople weren't providing him much entertainment, but he supposed asserting his control was a good thing here in the south blue. Sighing, he played a bit with his current victim, squeezing the human's neck a bit tighter so it grew harder to breathe. The man had asked to leave, go away with his family. Pity. He knew not what he did. Just as he was going to finish his new bait, Merrick's first mate came in, panting. "What is it?" The tiger fishman asked, glaring his red eyes at the new intruder. "Can't you see I'm busy?"

Panting, the new fishman smiled at his captain. "Sir, a new pirate ship has come. We've promised not to fight but..." The fishman trailed off, as if trying to collect his thoughts.

"But what?" Merrick growled, his claws leaving small trails of blood dripping down the victim's neck. This had better have been good if he wasn't fighting the fresh blood for this.

The first mate smiled, a row of sharp teeth gleaming like his captain's. "She's with this new crew sir. I know you've been looking for her, I believe they will let us have her if we do not fight them." This caught Merrick's attention. With a smirk, he finished off the man, throwing a bloodied and now mangled corpse away. If she was on the island... He licked his lips. Oh the fun was sure to follow. Besides, he had to greet his new guests, didn't he?

She had come crawling back to her crew. Lorelei had tried to confront Merrick, threatening to shoot his brains out, but she was too cowardly. Now she was begging to come back. She was begging for forgiveness. The fishwoman just wanted her family back.

[bg=cornsilk]
Captain's log – South Blue, Ichiba
Three Days of Chaos

Day 1:
It would seem this island has a number of things in store for all of us. The sisters have chosen to go shopping and, I presume, talk over their next course of action and whether they wish to continue sailing with me.

Kyy has received news of his Grandfather and set out to the more wooded portion of the island in hopes of learning more. I wish him the best of luck in his search and have promised any help he may need, as I would for any of my nakama.

Reimu has taken her leave. She wishes to be a marine, and while I like her, I know that the next time we meet may be on the opposite sides of a battlefield.

Lorelei – Lorelei has disappeared. She left us with parting words that I find troublesome. If she truly wants to leave I will understand, but I had hoped for a better send off than this. The rest of us will split up and search for her in hopes of learning her reasons.

Meanwhile I have seen the ship baring the Warlord Requiem's flag pass the island by. It is a relief to me to find no further conflict with them.

Day 3:
I have been lax in my captain's duty of keeping a log these last few days, but considering the circumstances I think it is excusable. Ichiba has not been as hospitable as I first thought it would be, in fact there have been points where I have been terribly afraid I was about to loose a member of my crew.

Kyy learned what he needed to about his grandfather, but he also retuned with unhappy news about our shipwright. Lorelei, it seems, was the sister to the pirate overlord of the island and she left us to rejoin her family in hopes of ensuring our safety. I find it an admirable quality, that someone would give up their happiness for the sake of their friends, but after learning the type of fishman this Merrick was I could not in good conscience leave her to such a fate. I may be a pirate, but I will never abandon my nakama.

It took some planning, a great deal of teamwork from all involved, and perfect timing, But we got to the fishman pirate fortress in time to mount our rescue effort. The battle that ensued was terrible and stretched all of us beyond our abilities, and I think there is not one among us who escaped without some injury or another, but we are all alive, and we are all back where we belong on board the striker, together.

I do not mind if a Nakama wants to leave, but if they do so it should be by their own choice, and I have since made that clear. I will not use any member of my crew as a shield to protect the rest.

~ Emrik
[/bg]

Emrik looked at his crew, surveying them all, each member that stood before him on the deck of his ship, from Brito who they had rescued from execution, to those that had helped him save her, to the sisters who had caused so much havoc for him on the last island and earned the title friend, to Lorelei who was now free to choose the path her own life would take.

"Up ahead is Reverse Mountain," he stated calmly, "and the dangerous and as yet uncharted territory of the Grand Line. I will take no one with me who does not, in full understanding of the peril, choose to go."

His eyes glanced over them again as he reached to scratch the scar along one side of his face.

"What say you? Will you sail with me?"

As things went on for the pirate crew and the Marine Lieutenant Reimu, she parted ways with them on the new island as they had agreed. She gave her final farewell to the one known as Brito and left with her attire back to the way it should be, with the coat draped along her shoulders.

She still had plenty to think about as she left into the town, deciding to refresh herself at a local pub. Before heading in, some local thug bumped into her before falling backwards, looking around frantically thinking he was caught by whatever looked to be giving him chase. Without much thinking, he got back up and shoved a box in Reimu's arms before running off, "Don't let them see it, don't let them have it!.." Was all he said before he ran off, soon about three others looking to be fishmen gave chase, completely passing Reimu by as she hid the box. Turning to watch them head off, her eyes narrowed. What would fishmen want with a small box such as this?

Settling herself down in the pub and getting a drink, she asked for whatever was suitable to her if not tea. She secluded herself away to a corner near the entrance as she sat, taking a look into the box. What she found struck an odd chord with her. It was a fruit. But in a box? It looked pretty strange, but that's when it hit her. The frantic man getting away from a bunch of pirate fishmen with a boxed fruit.. Was what she was looking at a Devil Fruit? With another of these coming into the picture, things were about to change as she thought.

There was no Marine presence on this island and surely with her attire she'll eventually garner unwanted attention. Be that as it may, she knew Caim and the others were still trailing after her as well, hopefully still under the guise of a rescue eventually.. Even if it weren't, she had already planned on how to deal with it. Reimu had to think what she was going to do next, and those actions were getting clearer the longer she stayed on the island, hearing rumors and the like.

It was a while later until she heard rumors of a random band of pirates coming to fight Merrick, the supposed pirate who 'owned' the island. She already knew it had to be Emrik's crew. It was that and a couple other rumors involving Lorelei's description that had given her the final push to act.

During their fighting, Reimu infiltrated the battlefield using her unique techniques, proving her true worth as a Marine Lieutenant. It was pretty likely that many were confused why a Marine looked to be fighting alongside a ragtag band of pirates, but Reimu would show a great deal of honor and respect that she would return for Emrik's generosity, as well as return Lorelei's kindness.

Through the fight, they all had learned she decided to eat the devil fruit she found, only making her fighting style of footwork all the more threatening. The fruit gave her the ability to manipulate carbon, which for the most part her own body could be used as a tool. She proved that by solidifying her legs during her attacks, making them carry the force like she was swinging around a solid, great hammer.

The fight was likely a deciding factor for the future, one not easily seen ahead by their actions.

Before Lorelei had gone back with her crew, she had tried to confront her older brother. She wanted to keep her crew safe, and hopefully get him off of the island, if she could manage it. However, when she had met with him, he had embraced her. He fed her lies, how he had "missed" her. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. The man was just full of it. So she pulled the gun out and held it at his head. She was going to kill him, at least that's what she had planned. However, he had begged for mercy... and she believed him. That was her mistake. Pain was the next thing she had registered. This was going to be her life now.

At least until her crew charged into Merrick's lair. She had begged them, pleaded to them to just leave her be. However, they didn't listen. Reimu had joined in as well, all of them fighting Merrick and his crew to get her back. It touched her heart. However, she couldn't let them get hurt. She fought her brother, trying to keep him distracted while her crew came to her rescue. It was hard, there were too many injuries, but in the end she was back with her crew.

Lorelei watched the sea as she breathed in the smell of ocean. Their captain had asked them to be on the deck, and he surveyed them one by one. Lorelei knew that whatever he needed to talk about, it was important. The air felt lighter around the fishwoman as she listened to the man ask who would go with him to the supposedly dangerous Grand Line. She nearly wanted to snort at him calling it dangerous, but she understood that it really was quite dangerous for some if they were not used to the strange waters.

The orange skinned woman looked at each of the crew. Each one of them had a place in her heart. She hoped that their determination to help rescue her from her brother translated to them feeling the same towards her, not just following the captain's orders. Taking one last glance around at her fellow crew members, Lorelei walked toward Emrik, a smile stretching across her face.

"Well," She started, looking the captain in the eye. "I know it seems treacherous, but the Grand Line is my home. I know those waters, and it would be nice to visit my island again. Besides, don't think you're getting rid of me that easily!" Lorelei put her uninjured hand on her hip. "You basically went through hell to get me to stay with you even after I cursed you all to hell, so I'm not going to just up and leave you after that. You guys are my family." She tore her eyes away to look at the rest of the crew. "No matter where we all end up, even if the Black Moon pirates end up disbanded, you all will still be my first real family." Blinking as a few tears welled up in her eyes, Lorelei turned back to the captain. "So, I'll go with you. I can't leave the striker out of my expert hands, now can I?" She tried to lighten the mood with a joke, but the small happy tears starting to escape spoke more.

Vivienne and Lillian looked into each other's eyes. They had tried to get used to the thought of settling down and living a peaceful, quiet life, as they had been given the opportunity to do so. But, in the end, they realized that it just didn't appeal to them. What appealed to them was the thought of a place they could call home, a place where they could live their lives freely and be accepted as who they are. Yet, they didn't want it at the expense of adventure and excitement. After some serious consideration, they realized that the solution to their problem had come across them in a slightly roundabout way. After all, who says a ship can't make a good home?

"We'll go where you go, captain!"

Their voices chimed in unison.

The Striker was the first place he had been that made him feel at home since the Ravenfall. None of the islands felt at home and traveling alone didn't suit him. Emrik and Gregorovich were two very different captains, but at their core, they were pirates and that was what Julius knew best. The fact that they were facing Reverse Mountain made no difference to him; he was sticking with it.

"Aye, I'm with ya Captain. Who else is gonna make sure the wind's at your back and a kick in the cannon? We're gonna head into the Grand Line guns blazing and pray to the gods my explosives stash doesn't go off when we land. Seriously, most of my stuff is in the bottom right closet - don't light a match near there."

Reactions: - Falcon -
Status
Not open for further replies.