One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the captain's outburst Lorcana was admittedly hesitant to enter. He was in the middle of something and they had interrupted by going in like that. She was about to just leave when one of the men guarding the door said that she could enter. She gave him a look as she walked into the room. She wasn't sure what to say to introduce herself and at the sam time didn't feel like going through all the niceties. There was no way to go through all this trouble and walk into the captain of a marine base's office without going through them.

Lorcana lowered the spear to the floor and leaned it against the wall, point up. She paused a moment when she recognized the other man in the room. This man, I saw him on Sabaku! Her eyes widened for a second before she set her attention back to the captain. It's him! That Shichibukai I met in the bar on Sabaku! She quickly covered up her surprise by addressing the captain. "I didn't think she'd come bursting into the room like that," Lorcana said after a moment. "It's a good thing I decided to bring a peace offering then." She motioned towards the spear.

"I'll assume you're a busy man and get on with things so as not to waste any of our time. My name is Lorcana. Yellow Fox Lorcana. I have worked with Vice-Admiral Garret for a time and since coming to this island thought I may be of some use to you as well. That is, however, up to you and if the information I hold is anything of use." She took out the coin and placed it on his desk, if only for assurance that what she said was true. Lorcana felt the need to keep space between her and the captain for now. She stood a ways back from the desk and waited for his response.

Reactions: - Falcon -
Andesite - Marine Outpost, midnightblue
Nesmath looked at the coin for a moment and then nodded and handed it back to her, motioning for the guard at the door to bring the lady a chair.
"Please, sit," he sighed. His eyes looked tired and there were a number of papers on his desk detailing plans for a manhunt for the murderer, but he stacked these in a neat pile and put them within Requiem's reach if the other man wanted to look them over.
"If you think you know something that can help with anything, then it's the best news I've heard all day. Even if it's something we already know at least you're trying to be productive, which is more than I can say for a lot of people around here. Please, share whatever it is you came inform us of . . . is there anything I can get you? tea? Coffee?"
The guard waited to bring Lorcana whatever she asked for.
Andesite - Hidden Shore - The Striker, Springgreen
"Oh boy," Emrik sighed raising a hand to his temple as his ship's doctor explained things. "You two want a ride, which I'd be willing to consider provided you could offer me adequate compensation for our trouble, yet you've also just admitted to stealing from my ship's doctor, and he also claims you injured him. If there's one thing I will not tolerate it's the mistreatment of my crew, by anyone. However, you also seem to want to make amends." Emrik studied the two girls for a moment and then sighed.

"All right, fine. I'll make you a deal. As Kyy is the one you've caused trouble for, it is Kyy you will have to convince to let you on board. If he agrees we can work out your passage. Kyy, be fair and at least hear them out. Helping him regain his spear might go a long way."

With that Emrik strolled over to a fallen log and sat down to observe, and dry out his damp clothing in the sun.

Reimu - At the Striker, crimson
Exhaling gently as she eases up a bit, she looks towards Kyy and then to the girls, and back to Emrik.
Adjusting her hat, she sighs out and shakes her head, looking back to Kyy,
"If your injuries aren't serious and if you haven't tended to them already, I can take a look when I get back.."
She then looks to Emrik, "If all this is settled, I'll be heading off now unless you'd want me to stick around for a little longer.."
After that, she broke down her staff and stowed it away, putting one hand on her hip as she waited for a response.

The two girls had robbed Kyy? Lorelei was curious how that could happen, though the doctor did seem just a little bit gullible, but everyone was at least a little bit gullible once or twice in their life. She watched the scene, wondering just what was going to happen and what the girls would do to try and get Kyy to let them on. Reimu seemed to want to leave, though Lorelei was wondering just where she would go and what she would do? The fishwoman fidgeted in her position, bored and wanting to either bug her fellow crew members or work on the ship. Now that she thought about it, did the crew really know each other's names? Was the only reason they all were tolerating each other because of the captain? Thoughts ran through the fishwoman's head as she watched.

Kyy looks up at Lorelei then back at the girls. "I'll leave my choice to chance. How's that sound?" He turns to Lorelei. "Hey, Lorelei! Want to go on a date?"

Every nerve on edge the young marine stood stock still, expecting someone to fly through the jungle's dense foliage and attack. Rooke could feel his heart was pounding in his throat. The silence seemed to go on forever in the jungle. Eyes still wide open in case of attack, Rooke finally took a deep breath. Sighing in relief he leaned his back on a nearby tree, before his legs gave up. Sitting now, tree on his back Rooke spent a minute just breathing deeply. The killer was nowhere to be found, lost again, probably still hiding out in the large forest. A wave of disappointment rolled through him, the murderer had gotten away again. And after he had gotten so close to them!

But, I'm alive! I'm still alive!

Rooke had sent one of his clones back to the base with the dead marine, with the orders to bring reinforcements. He had expected to fight and hold off the murderer until said reinforcements came, but of course it didn't turn out like that. Which was fine with Rooke, he got to live just that bit longer. With the killer now missing Rooke used his devil fruit power sent a new order to his clone, alert the marines not to travel alone when patrolling the forest.
After resting for a while Rooke decided it would be best if he went back to the base. It was definitely safer out of the jungle, especially with the killer hiding around, but his feet wouldn't budge. The thought of all the marines that had died because no one had caught this damn murderer set him into a quiet rage. He needed to hit something!

As the case may be, Emrik had had the right idea to not trust the two women at first. Lying, theft, on top of both of them being devil fruit users... Sure, Julius was a pirate and had done or was all of the above but you don't go far in life trusting anyone and everyone. For that matter, he didn't quite trust everyone on the ship beyond Emrik. It had been the captain's idea to rescue Brito and that showed a character that the others had yet to independently show. Yes, they were a part of it but only after Emrik had suggested it. The captain might trust them fully but Julius wasn't so generous with his trust.

He made a point not to reveal himself and contented himself with listening the exchanges. With two devil fruit users on the banks and the appearance of one, whom they had already beaten once, on deck, if it came down to it, a little help from him could turn the tide.

Lorcana accepted the chair though she still did not plan on being there very long.
"If you think you know something that can help with anything, then it's the best news I've heard all day. Even if it's something we already know at least you're trying to be productive, which is more than I can say for a lot of people around here. Please, share whatever it is you came inform us of . . . is there anything I can get you? tea? Coffee?"

"Coffee." The guard nodded and left to get the drink. Lorcana thought over what to say for a moment. "I noticed there is quite a lot of commotion in town and judging by the papers here I may have stumbled onto a few clues." She paused. She didn't want to rat out the other woman, not that she would have any trouble fending off the marines in her opinion, but givin them something would favor her at the moment.

"I saw a woman in the streets, hiding really, and she had blood on her. I did not approach her because of her seemingly stressful state. She was tall, That is all I can offer on that matter, but perhaps it may help your search." The guard returned as she had finished speaking and she took the steaming cup from him. She took a quite sip then lowered the cup into her lap.

"On another note, I'm here on personal business as well. There is something on this island I am looking for. This person you are looking for, I do not know what their intentions are, but perhaps they are searching for the same thing. It's certainly something I would fight for." She took another drink from the cup, looking at Captain Nesmath over the rim. This would probably add more to the search but then, she was the only one who knew a plausible location. Besides, a few marines could make things interesting, especially if they were on her side.

"They are tireless!" Morla hissed loudly to herself as she sunk her fangs into the neck of one of the marines who had caught up to them. Every time they killed one, others swarmed around the muffled screams of their fallen comrades. It was a snowball effect, and they couldn't keep going downhill forever. The morning had just begun, and the two were tired all over again. Not because of the battles, but because of the effort to keep hidden. To constantly rely on shadows, to make sure their mouths were covered, that they didn't break bones as violently as they wanted to. The deaths had to be tortuously slow and methodical. And while Morla wasn't the flagship of patience, she was doing better than the pacing Cassiopeia.

"I need to eat." Cassiopeia huffed, stopping her circular gait in front of Morla and the human she held in her deathly embrace. She had waited until Morla looked up from the kill before speaking not a second later. Morla watched Cassiopeia's frustrated lips as she spoke and then rolled her eyes.

"I suppose we cannot go into town and buy a burger." Morla returned her calculating gaze upon Cassiopeia, who was suddenly gleaming as the amazon heard her words. She looked like a child who was about to be told she could have candy for dinner. And as far as relatable metaphors go, it was as close to the situation as it was going to get.

"Take your clothes off first. You are the sloppiest eater and we shouldn't have to keep wasting our time stripping tall men for their clothes."

Cassiopeia ignored Morla's insult and kept her eyes fixed on the marine who had long stopped struggling against the pressure on his ribcage. When the serpentine body finally freed him from her grasp, Cassiopeia's clothes came off like a towel.

"Ugh…" Morla turned her head right before Cassiopeia's widening mouth sunk into the corpse's chest. "Try to keep it down. I'm sure other people would be able to hear you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Caim watched the fellow Marine captain leave in a bad mood, and made no attempts to stop her. It was not his business, although he would have wanted to calm her down a bit. Before he could walk to the door, someone else took the chance and was led in. Caim was not that mad about it, but he wouldn't have minded to be first.
"I guess we have to wait a bit more, which means we have some more time. Wanna talk a bit?
I doubt ether of us is in the mood for 20 Questions, but the most important things that interests me now are just what your powers are... and why you are so tall."
He already figured that her powers had something to do with Iron since she just bit a knife. It was still interesting though since her abilities might be useful for the the time they would continue to spend together. And it was not like he had a problem with his height. It just felt a bit unusual to be near someone who was at least one head size bigger than himself.

Marine Outpost, midnightblue
"Tall and female?" Nesmath sighed in relief as he looked at Lorcana, "Yes, yes! That helps greatly! Even if she is not our suspect she may have seen something!" Nesmath motioned to one of the guards by the door. "Did you hear that? Make sure that information gets to all searching parties ASAP! And make sure Ensign Rooke knows!" The guard nodded and ran off to perform his assigned task.

Nesmath turned his attention back to Lorcana then, "As for this thing you are searching for," his eyes seemed to gleam for a moment and he glanced back over his shoulder at the marked map hanging on his wall, "If you're talking about what I think you are, that would be something to attract the attention of unsavory types, especially if Jacobs has brought in outside help. If you truly know where it is, and if the murderer is looking for it as well, then perhaps with your help we can get to it first and set up a trap for them . . .?"

Outside the Captain's office another Marine approached Caim and Aurelia and waited a moment for them to finish their conversation. When he was sure they were done, the marine saluted respectfully and stated, "If you have urgent business with the captain, Sir, Ma'am, I can carry a message in for you. It's been very hectic around here, but he is trying to make time for everybody who needs him."

Lex smiled, rolled up and sealed his report before handing it to the marine lieutenant at the marine outpost's communication center. The marine handed it off to a Coo and the bird flew away carrying it across the ocean to the main office and the location of Lex's boss. With any luck it would be there in time for publication in the evening edition.

[bg=aliceblue]
Andesite
By Ryan Alexander

Since writing my last article this reporter has undertaken an expedition of sorts. Following rumor and news of the pirates who wrecked havoc on Sabaku I have embarked upon a marine ship to travel to Andesite island in hope of learning more. Even the journey there was something of an adventure.

We hadn't gone far when we heard the sound of what turned out to be a baby sea king calling to us. The creature was tangled in several nets, and after being rescued by Captain Caim, was very grateful and even pulled us the rest of the way to Andesite island.

It didn't take long upon reaching the island to learn that things of an entirely different nature than on Sabaku had gone wrong. While talking to the locals this reporter not only heard rumors of a pair of sisters who may or may not be thieves, but discovered that the Marines of the local outpost were in the midst of a full scale manhunt for a murderer. Upon trying to check this information at the local marine outpost this reporter learned that Captain Nesmath was very stressed out (understandably) and had already snapped the nose off a visiting captain (figuratively). This reporter was also informed that the Shichibukai Requiem and another woman with apparent important information were currently in his office. I have decided it would be wiser to wait for a better time before seeking an interview and asking the man any questions.
[/bg]
Andesite - Hidden Shore - The Striker, springgreen
"I keep telling you to do what you want, Reimu," Emrik grumbled to the woman, "You're free to come and go as you please. I'm not your keeper." It was then Emrik heard Kyy's response about leaving the decision on whether or not to help the twins to chance.

"To chance?" he grunted in surprise, "After the fuss you just made about being robbed and not trusting them? Sounds to me like you don't want to make a decision!" Emrik crossed his arms and frowned at the doctor. "Fine! Ladies," he turned now to the twins, "You may sail with us when we leave if – IF you can prove yourselves trustworthy. I don't take it lightly when people cause harm to my crew, so while we are here you will have to earn our trust and respect. Helping Kyy get his staff back would be a good start, and any other tasks we need a hand with. And if I hear you've caused harm to any of my people again," he grinned almost evilly, "well there's a reason I have the reputation I do."

"Goddamn it, Kyy! Well, there went any cover I had." Lorelei sighed to herself as she grabbed her things and walked over to the group. She pulled her hood down, letting her tangled hair tumble onto her back. She smiled at Kyy, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to decline. I think it'd be a little weird to date." Looking over at Emrik, she dug the wanted posters out of her bag. "By the way, it looks like your reputation is getting a little bigger, Captain. I found these in town." She handed them to the man. "I also saw a bounty hunter in town. He didn't recognize me, thank god, but I would be careful." She started to head onto the ship, not even glancing at the two females. She had seen girls back home get jealous, and she did not want jealousy over looks to affect her look. So she simply headed up onto the ship and started getting to work on fixing up things and setting up her own little 'craft' space.

BIRDCATCHER ROSA, yellow
Rosa was about to give up on her search. She had walked through the forest for what felt like ages, and still no sign of the murderer. "Ugh, I better turn back. What a disappointment..." Suddenly, she heard a noise. It was a very strange noise, like something tearing into flesh. She went into semi-human mode, moving soundlessly past and up some trees. Looking down from the foliage, she saw the most bizarre thing. What looked like the naked body of a massive woman was digging head first into the chest of a male marine. "A cannibal? Or is she perhaps not human, but something else entirely..." She thought to herself. She probably should have been disgusted, revolted, but instead she was slightly fascinated by this carnal action. Nonetheless, this was most likely the murderer, but even if it wasn't, Rosa was itching for a fight. Next to the woman was a large, white snake. "Probably dangerous... If I take it out first while I've still gotten the element of surprise on my side, I'll have a better change waging against that beast." But Rosa was reckless, and didn't realize that the sound of her rapidly beating heart could probably be heard as clear as the woman taking bites from the dead body. Almost faster than the eye could register, Rosa shot down from the tree, aiming to impale the head of the snake on her katana.

~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~

Casual chat in the waiting room

As they reached for the door, another marine was led in first. Aurelia shrugged her shoulder. There was nothing she could do really. Kicking down the door and demanding her to come in first was not really smart. Something had to have made the female Captain mad, and it was most likely the marine whose office this door partitioned.

Oh well. Its not like im in charge. Its Caim-o here's problem.

"I guess we have to wait a bit more"

"Yup, apparently."

"...which means we have some more time. Wanna talk a bit?

That took Aurelia back a bit. Caim didnt really seemed like a small talk kind of guy so this came as a surprise

"I doubt ether of us is in the mood for 20 Questions, but the most important things that interests me now are just what your powers are... and why you are so tall."

She knew it. Wasn't really ALL casual talk. Aurelia could understand though. If he was to organise some form of attack group, best to know what each unit is capable of.

"Hahaha. Well, that was quite predictable. People seeing me do what i did do tend to be a bit taken aback and curious. My power allows me to, i guess simplified, consume materials and reproduce things. Mainly metal and mineral stuff. As for my height, i guess you can say.... i have had a lot of calcium in my day. Geddit?"

Aurelia chuckled to herself in a pity laugh. It was really a joke she herself got mainly. It was hard for people to understand it when they dont quite compute taht her powers allow her to consume calcium as well.

"Though seriously... i guess i am lucky i was born this way. Height has its own advantages. Makes me less easy of a target in one way, but more of one another. How about you Capt'n? You from around this part of the sea?"

Kyy nods. "You're dead on captain." He smiles at Lorelei as she walks back onboard. After she declines he nods and thinks, 'Can today get any worse?'.

Requiem and Lorcana, orange
Listening to the conversation between the two of them, Requiem finally spoke up. "And what exactly is it you're searching for that would hold the same interest as our killer?" The question wasn't asked in an accusatory tone, but a very curious one. After all, if the killer was after this thing she was after, then it was likely that was why the person was killed.

The gleam in the captain's eye was noted in the treasure hunter's mind. She was admittedly surprised by his knowledge of the subject but also impressed. She was hoping to keep the idea of searching for it to herself, but this would serve just as useful. Lorcana looked at the other man in the room, whom she had almost managed to forget was there, when he spoke up for the first time since she entered the room.
"And what exactly is it you're searching for that would hold the same interest as our killer?"

She took another sip of coffee. "It is something that most believe is a myth. Something possibly very valuable or completely worthless. I chose to believe in it's worth as do most others I've come across." Lorcana kept her expression thoughtfully intrigued but not much more. A small smile turned up the corners of her mouth, as she could not help it when thinking of the mysterious object.

"Uh-huh... Well, I've got an offer to make as well. I've already offered my assistance in hunting down the killer. If her goal is the same as yours, then going along with you in the hunt for this 'thing' could very well be the best way to locate and capture her." He explained, wording things carefully so as not to express interest in the item in question. He didn't know if he was right regarding what the two were referring to, but if he was, and if it was real, it was certainly worth checking into, captured criminal aside.

"I have no objections," Lorcana replied with a shrug. "As for a specific location, I don't know. The most I know of is that it would be located in the forest somewhere." She looked back to Captain Nesmath. Come to think of it... I happened on an underground passageway. It was too dark to see anything, but it would be a good place to start."

Nesmath nodded and heaved a very obvious sigh of relief. "Then," he stated, "If you two would care to lead the search in the caves for this item, and prepare any plans for the capture of the criminal should she show up, I will organize the marines in the town and mount searches in the woods. If she is not after the item perhaps we can still flush her into the caves and everything will still work out that way. I am most grateful for your assistance."

He smiled and stood with a bow as they finished their conversation and a guard announced that there were still more people waiting to speak with him. "Please," he told Lorcana and Requiem as they left, "all my resources are at your disposal. Use them as you see fit."

Reimu couldn't help but smirk a little before her visage deadpanned, "Never hurts to be sure.. After all I'm still supposed to be a hostage, and I know of the ship's location.. But do not worry, I won't squeal, nor do I feel the need to. Brito is still in your care now and I still want to see it through that she remains safe. I just need to do some window-shopping for info and the like.. I won't take long, but I won't blame you if you haul tail before I get back." She then adjusts the brown newsboy cap she wore with most of her red hair propped neatly into it, only her two, long front bangs remained outside of it. After she was done talking, she simply begins to stroll off through the trees, heading inland. ~I have to make sure of a few things...~

----------------------​

With all that has gone on around the island now, Kaine had easily heard a few things from townspeople and the like as he passed by. First uninterested in the murder case, once he started to hear that the person responsible was rumored to be some kind of monster and is now hiding in the jungle, continuing to kill any marine that goes looking for them started to make his blood boil in anticipation. So, since then for the past hour he had wandered into the jungle himself, dying to run into this monster to fight it. Not only would he possibly be paid, it'd give him the thrill he seeks from doing the line of work he does. Always searching for a stronger challenge, getting bored with small-fry bounties. He was right when he said the island only got more interesting as time went on. He just hoped he'd get some fun before it all ended.

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
Vivienne curtsied, showing respect to the captain. "Very well, it will be our pleasure to help you in any way we can." Lillian made a disgruntled noise, but a cold stare from her sister shut her up. "Now, as for retreiving your crewman's spear, it might prove a tad difficult. Currently it appears to be at the marine headquarters on the island, in the presence of no less than a member of the Shichibukai." A half-invisible ghost came flying by, and whispered something into Vivienne's ear. "Oh, and apparently there is some talk about a treasure, a very desirable one at that. It's on this island, in a cave, if I'm not mistaken."

BIRDCATCHER ROSA, yellow
As Rosa came crashing down from the tree, Morla, who had been paying attention only to Cassiopeia for just a sliver of a second, was caught by surprise. She barely managed to avoid a kill shot, and got impaled through the tip of her tail by Rosa's sword. It wasn't enough to kill, but the blade was doused in Rosa'a poison. Soon, even a snake of that size would seize movement. The effects were already noticeable as Morla thrashed around, struggling while trying to protect her master. Cassiopeia looked up from her meal, infuriated by the realization of what was happening to her beloved snake. Quickly she picked up Morla, putting her around her neck, and transformed into her huge gorgon form. Rosa would not step down, and turned into her half-spider form. The two fought with equal strength, But Cassiopeia who was weighed down by Morla struggled to keep up with Rosa's fast jabs and was forced to retreat. The two monsters crashed through the forest, Rosa relentlessly chasing after Cassiopeia despite her best efforts to shake her off. Eventually, they reached the entrance to a cave. Cassiopeia had been cornered, and now all Rosa had to do was push her inside and finish the job...

Caim listened to Aurelia's explanation. The power to consume metal and mineral, and then re-create it. When thinking about it visually, how she created a knife and later consumed it again, it gave him a rough idea of what she meant.
"When it works with minerals and metal, it would mean you are a mobile forge, correct? Quite an ability you have there."
There would be indeed a lot of uses for her ability. Ranging from crafting weapons and tools over some combat uses as well. The last thing an enemy would expect would be that metal suddenly comes out of a body.
When asked about where he came from, it made some nice memories come back to his mind.
"I doubt you know it. It's actually not that far away from here now that i think about it. I'm not that sure where we are now in matters of geography, but it should be just one or two islands away. Ever heard of Olivine? Quite the background story. Some speculate that this island was once a giant meteor that came from the skies in ancient times. It was a popular mining island because many Olivine and Period could be mined there. That is until the mines dried up. Now mostly farmers and researchers live there. And the only marine presence there is a small outpost with about 20 marines. That's all that's needed anyway since pirates would have no interest in that place.
Anyway. It's a small island, but it has its charm. Lush green fields. Some rivers. And the farms look great too. It does get a bit boring from tine to time, but it's a nice place to get your mind of some troubles."

In the next moment, a Marine approached them and saluted at the both of them. Caim did the same in return and then thought about his offer.
"I'm not sure if we can just solve this with a message, but... Ah whatever. We're looking for someone. The person in question was kidnapped by pirates, who are most probably on this island, and we are here to ask for help in our search."
Caim would have told him the whole story, but it was probably better to leave it at the basic information for now. Then an idea struck him.
"Say. If the one in command is too busy, could you tell us where the training halls are?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.