One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it, Lorelei's mind told her. This will only end in trouble. She hesitated before taking the papers out and handing them to the man. "I'd like them back afterwards, if you would be so kind." Now if he caught any glimpse of her face he would know about her for sure. The fishwoman pulled her cloak's hood tighter against her head, keeping preying eyes from seeing any part of her features. She felt near shivers as she glanced at the bounty hunter. The man reminded her too much of Him. They had the same air about them, the same fake trusting air that meant they would stab you in the back if it benefitted them. She nearly wanted to run and never come back.

Lorelei moved her thoughts to the ship, thinking about improvements and what she could do to fix up. The water pump seemed to be working fine, though she could make it so that some of the salt was separated instead of just being put back into the sea. They could sell it to traders if needed, so instead of stealing they could lay low, if the captain wanted. She knew nobody could find the Striker, not with how they were hiding it. They would have to go out of their way just to find the ship. So, they were safe at least for a few days.

Her thoughts focused back onto the bounty hunter. "I never caught your name." She said, a cool tone in her voice. Repressing emotions was something of a family trait she found as she grew up. Fear was pushed to the back of her mind as she continued. "Care to tell me?"

Reactions: - Falcon -
"Not just on watch Captain. If we need to move fast, I'm your man. Better safe than sorry, ya know? But we didn't find much. That volcano hasn't been active in ages, and the maganic soil I needed was mostly dried out. I did get some good quality stuff but not nearly as much as I had hoped. Still, it does well if we have a few depth charges on hand. We won't be able to just rely on our shipwright for underwater combat, ya know?"

BIRDCATCHER ROSA, yellow
Rosa examined the picture before handing it back to Caim. "I promise to make it my top priority to ensure the safety of this woman. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to report my attendance at the base as soon as possible." Rosa hurried ahead of the other two marines, partially because she wanted to start looking for the pirates as soon as possible and partially because she didn't want to intrude on the conversation the others were having for too long.

Determined, she walked into the base, completely ignoring the guards trying to stop her. Most of them were too afraid of her as she shot venomous glares their way to even say anything at all. As she turned a corner, she noticed a female figure in front of her. Slightly puzzled, she was about to call out and ask who she was, but it was obvious that this person wasn't a marine. Judging by her clothing, she had to be either a thief or a pirate. Rosa drew her sword and pointed it at the intruder. "Halt! What business do you have in here?"

Lorcana was mumbling to herself as she searched the halls for some sign of an important individual. She had ignored the stares and just shoved the coin into the face of anyone who attempted to stop her.
"Halt! What business do you have in here?"
She glared at the marine. This endeavor was beginning to feel like more of a hassle than it was worth. Perhaps she should head back. Then I would still have to come back to this maze, AGAIN. She approached the marine until she stood inches away from the end of her sword then held up the coin for her to see. "I am here to see Captain Nesmath and share some information he may want. Perhaps you would be so kind as to show me to his office." Hopefully this one would bother to help her out though that wasn't likely.

Kaine, silver
Kaine bears his teeth in a grin as one hand rests by his katana sheathed by his hip; the other, bandaged hand just clenching and relaxing. He pulls the sheathed blade off of his hip and spins it once before he lets it stand against the ground, hands over the hilt like a cane, "You must be a new gup in the business then.. Very well, why not.. You're looking at a bounty hunter whom the Marines are debating on putting a bounty on, who go for the small fish for fun and the larger fish for greater fun and pay.. You're looking at the Pirate Hunter and swordsman, Kaine Veritahl."

He kicks the bottom of the blade to spin it as he pushes it up, catching it and pulling out the blade, he points it towards Lorelei but does nothing more, "And trust me, if you're not a target, you'll want to hope you stay on my good side, and even if they are a target, staying on my good side will just make it more fun for me, even if the result stays the same no matter the mood I'm in.." Staying there for a few moments, Kaine spins the blade back once as he slides it back in the sheathe, "So then, guppy.. I told you mine, what's yours?"

BIRDCATCHER ROSA, yellow
Rosa glared back at the woman in front of her. If she really did have business with Captain Nesmath, then it wouldn't be wise to cut her down where she was standing. While sheathing her blade, Rosa spoke to Lorcana. "I see... Well, I'll show you to his office, but just know that if you try anything funny, it'll be the last thing you do." Rosa walked up to Lorcana, heels clattering, passing by her without turning around. "This way." The layout of a base like this was pretty simple, so Rosa was surprisd that the woman couldn't just find her way on her own. The fact that she was just walking around here without any guard guiding her was also suspicious, but until Nesmath confirmed that she was in fact of use, Rosa didn't want to take any risks.

When they arrived at the doors to the Captain's office, Rosa opened them while completely ignoring the nonsensical stuttering of the guards outside. "Wait out here." Were the first words she spoke to Lorcana after encountering her in the hallway. Just as she stepped in and was about to state her business, she noticed that she was walking in on what looked like some sort of breakfast meeting. When Rosa noticed who the other member participating in this meeting was other than Nesmath, her blood started boiling again. It was one of the Shichibukai. She absolutely despised the marines being in such a close-knit relationship with such horrendous pirates, but there was nothing she could do about it. All she could do was keep her mouth shut and preted like it was raining. "Oh, sorry, are we interupting? I'm Captain Rosa, and I would just like to have my presence noted here at the base. My reason for coming to the island is because a potentially dangerous crew of pirates may be hiding here. Also, there's a woman outside who says she has some business with you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lorelei rolled her eyes at how confident this man was. "I'm probably no more a guppy than you." She said, taking back the wanted papers after he looked at them. "My name is Nixie." Her mother's name just rolled off her tongue. "Now if you're done with your fancy sword tricks, I have some things I need to do." The fishwoman stuffed the papers into her bag, wanting to just get away from the frustrating bounty hunter. A guppy! He called her a guppy! She was definitely not a guppy as she was a fully grown fishwoman, damn it! She wanted to take her gun out and put a hole in him, but she promised to lay low.

So lay low she did as she tried to get away from the possible fight that this man was wanting. She had a ship to repair and ideas to bring fruit to! She couldn't fight this man on the street. Besides, she had to get her things on the ship and out of the way. The fishwoman would hate to lose her recent purchases without even being able to put half of them to use.

~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~

Not so subtle tones

Aurelia returned the card when Caim motioned for it. She didnt need it anymore. The picture was burned into her mind and she wasn't going to forget it anytime soon.

"If you see her, tell her that I'm coming for her."

"I promise to make it my top priority to ensure the safety of this woman. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to report my attendance at the base as soon as possible."

As the female captain walked away, Aurelia motioned for them to continue on

"We should get going as well then i guess.

As she turned and began to make her way towrads the base, Aurelia cleared her throat slightly and asked a potentially touchy question

Hm... captain... if you dont mind me asking, i detected a hint of.... not-so-comradery tone when you said you were going to go retrieve our hostage. Anything youd like to discuss or i should know?"

As the other captain was gone, Caim began walking again. As planned before, he wanted to go to the marine base. He didn't ignore Aurelia's question though and let out a chuckle as he heard her talk like that.
"Since the time i know you, I had the feeling that i would talk to a tool. I'm kinda glad that this first thought just proved to be wrong. You should talk freely more often.
Fine. Let's say that I'm mad at her for something that happened a while ago. It's nothing deadly, really, but i do want to give her a little scare as revenge."
Caim ignored what was going on around them since for him, there were more important things. He headed straight to the base, asked a few marines who was in command and followed their directions. By now, they were walking up the last stairs.

Last edited:
The Gambler, darkred
Requiem raised an eyebrow, intrigued at the Nesmeth had to say, as he took the initiative to pour himself a glass of tea. The Commander took the look as a sign of interest and began speaking. "Alright, well here's the deal. There's been an incident which so far, our people haven't been able to resolve. A murder took place recently, a devil fruit user most likely. We're hoping that you might be able to deal with the situation quickly. Everyone on the island has been incredibly on edge."

Requiem nodded quietly, considering everything. Quite honestly, murder investigation wasn't something he was familiar with. Of course, considering his actions on Sabaku, even with what he'd gotten organised for the debriefing, solving a murder wouldn't hurt to smooth things out and remind the Navy that there were reasons that they didn't hunt him. "Alright, fill me in on what's been going on, and I'll see what I can do."

Andesite – Marine Outpost, midnightblue
"Alright, fill me in on what's been going on, and I'll see what I can do."

Captain sighed with relief as Requiem offered to help, and without further delay began to explain all about the half eaten murder victim, how they had put the port on lockdown, and how many people they had managed to eliminate from the suspect pool. "We seem to have hit a dead end," Nesmath explained. "I fear this person is a devil fruit user, and I fear they have escaped into the Jungle. If we don't find them soon and the island residents began to feel safe again, if they get careless . . ." Nesmath spread his hands in a sort of shrug. "I want to keep these people as safe as possible, but at the same time I can't ask them to put their lives on hold, if there's anything you can do–"

It was at that point his office door swung open without even a knock. Captain Nesmath had stood and half drawn his sword before he realized what was going on, and once he had his entire face turned purple with suppressed rage.

"What," he hissed, "is the meaning of this!?"

"Oh, sorry, are we interrupting? I'm Captain Rosa, and I would just like to have my presence noted here at the base. My reason for coming to the island is because a potentially dangerous crew of pirates may be hiding here. Also, this woman..." She waved her hand at Lorcana. "Says she has some business with you."

"Yes," Nesmath hissed, "you are interrupting." He glared at her, "And quite frankly I don't care who you are, even if you do have the Captain's bars on your coat. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gives you the right to be so utterly rude and inconsiderate of your fellow officers! When it comes to this island, to this base, I am in charge, and I expect my people to be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve down to the last chore boy." He drew himself to his full height, shoulders squared, chin high. "Unless the island is being attacked right this moment you could have waited another two minutes for an introduction. If you were truly concerned about time you could have asked one of the men outside to inform me you were here and I would have made time. As it stands you can march yourself back outside and wait!"

And Nesmath pointed pointedly out the door and stared her down. "Out!"
Andesite – Hidden shore – The Striker, springgreen
"Not just on watch Captain. If we need to move fast, I'm your man. Better safe than sorry, ya know? But we didn't find much. That volcano hasn't been active in ages, and the maganic soil I needed was mostly dried out. I did get some good quality stuff but not nearly as much as I had hoped. Still, it does well if we have a few depth charges on hand. We won't be able to just rely on our shipwright for underwater combat, ya know?"

Emrik nodded in understanding as Julius spoke and he was about to answer when he heard a decidedly feminine voice call up from the shore below.

"Is anyone here? Could anyone please help two fair maidens in distress!"

Emrik swore. Not loudly, those on shore wouldn't hear him at all, but the string of words that came out of his mouth were on no level flattering to anyone. He didn't apologize for it either.

"Huh.. What're the odds of someone just stumbling upon this ship?"
Emrik stepped back at let Reimu look. Of all of them hers was the only face not on a wanted poster. So if someone was going to be seen before he figured out how to handle this, it might as well be her.

"Not good," he answered Reimu softly so as not to be heard by their visitors. "We docked here because the spot wasn't easy to find. They would have had to know we were here somehow and as no one reported anything odd yesterday that means either we were careless somehow, or one of them has devil fruit powers that let them find us."

From inside his shirt he pulled out a pendant, a pendant of what looked like a piece of Seastone which he them wrapped around his right hand so the stone was firmly in his palm with not chance of losing it. In his left hand he picked up his katana, the black blade sliding easily in and out of the sheath as he thumbed the hilt for a moment. The he sighed.

"I'm going to head down and talk with them," he started, "see what they want. ONE of you may come with. I want the other to stay out of sight and be ready in case anything unexpected or dangerous happens." He had a plan of action now. Hopefully it wouldn't come down to a fight.

With a deep breath Emrik moved down the railing and then leapt over the side so he would land with a splash in the shallows behind the two women.

"Hello," he called in a loud booming voice as he waded the few feet to shore, "I think there might be a problem with your question," he continued. As Emrik stepped out of the shadow of the Striker the sudden change in lighting highlighted the scar down the right side of his face. "I may be capable of helping you, but that doesn't mean I will, and neither do either of you look to be in any form of immediate distress."

Kaine, silver
The man laughed as his sharp eyes fell back upon Lorelei, brushing a gloved hand through his hair from his forehead, "I'm willing to prove otherwise but I'm afraid I'm in no mood to fight my own since there's nothing of interest here yet.. But who knows.." He idly cracks his neck on both sides and finally looks over the bounties she had handed over, only huffing with a small laugh as he semi-tosses them back over, "Unlikely I'll see them around these parts, but probably interesting.. Fair enough, rookie.. Go on and get out of here and do your thing, I don't care. Now.. I need to find something fun..." After that, he turned around and started to walk away...

Reimu, crimson
Reimu watched as Emrik jumped overboard and down to the girls below, then looked at Julius, "I think it may be best you stay up here, might give you a better advantage to act if needed.. Either way, I'm not gonna give that chance to choose." She'd lightly smirk as she tipped her hat, jumping over and landing near the three below. Standing up, she rests one hand on her hip and the other dancing her staff around harmlessly and slowly behind her back. With how she was currently dressed, it was easy to 'group' her along with the other, actual pirates. She just smiled gently and looked to mind her business for the most part, but she'd seem to have come along to 'greet' them as well.

BIRDCATCHER ROSA, yellow
Rosa stared coldly into Nesmath's eyes as he yelled at her. Without saying a word, she turned her heel and walked out, passing the two marines from earlier in the stairs. She didn't talk to them, nor did she even look at them, she just kept walking. Once she was out of the base, she went into the forest, and didn't stop until she was completely surrounded by trees, making sure there was not a soul arround. Unsheathing her blade, she then proceeded to utterly destroy anything in her vicinity "How DARE he question my respect, my utmost loyalty!? I have devoted my entire life to the marines yet all he does is sit there and act all high and mighty all while not being able to deal with his own problems without having to call in one of the goddamned Shichibukai! Does he have no pride? He's nothing short of useless, useless, USELESS!" Rosa screamed at the trees and bushes as she tore them down. Once she had left a remarkable crater in her wake, she sheathed her blade, still shivering with rage. "Fine, he doesn't deserve my help. He can go around acting in camaraderie with those filthy pirates..." She spat on the ground. "All he wants, but when they show their true intentions, I wouldn't save him even if he begged me for it on his bare knees. Now..." She turned in the direction of the city. "I feel like hunting for some prey." Suddenly, she was gone from the spot.

A couple standing at the outskirts of town, enjoying the view, could hear violent rustling in the foliage behind them. Before they had the time to turn around, a huge spider-like creature jumped out of the bushes at them. They screamed in terror, but the spider landed a couple of feet away, and suddenly it changed into the figure of a woman. Rosa calmly walked past them, making her way to whatever place could have some wanted posters.

"What do you mean all the wanted posters are gone?" Rosa almost spat in the face of the man behind the counter. "I'm sorry, captain, but someone came and grabbed them all... We'll have some new ones ready in a while, so if you'd just wait..." "Wait!? I don't have time to wait!" Rosa crossed her arms and rapidly tapped the floor with the tip of her shoe. This island was seriously getting on her nerves. "Isn't there anything urgent you need taken care of?" "Well, we have the Kamakiri sisters, all they ever do is steal stuff but I've heard that they're pretty dangerous. And then there's the murders of course, but..." Rosa stopped tapping the floor, and leaned forward. "Did you say murders?" "Yes, uh, apparently there's someone in the forest who's killed several marines, but the base has advised everyone to be careful while the investigation is under way..." Rosa chewed on her thumb nail, a bad habit of hers. "Maybe that's why Nesmath's so on edge..." She thought to herself. "Someone who's managed to kill several marines and is hiding in the forest, eh?" An evil grin spread across her face "Sounds like a worthy opponent. The hunt is on." Without saying a word, Rosa stormed out of the shop and headed back to the jungle.

She had been walking through the thickets for a while now, and there were still no signs of life. "Hmm, this place is bigger than it looked like from the boat. I wonder if I'll be able to find the culprit." Still, she wouldn't give up looking. Her heart was pounding from excitement. The mere thought of a fight right now made her blood rush.

Reactions: - Falcon -
KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
The two sisters turned around, quite surprised by the man who had suddenly jumped off the ship. Lillian stepped closer to him, almost shielding Vivienne behind her. "Oh, but we are. You see, we're just a couple of travelling performers, but when we came to this island, a mysterious man kidnapped us and forced us to work for him! We've been held captive for a very long time, unable to escape, but because of the murder that happened recently there seems to have been a lot of confusion in his business, and we manage to take advantage of that. Originally we were planning on just leaving, but the bay is on lockdown, so we decided to hide in the forest. As if by a stroke of faith we ended up here in this hidden cove, where we found you and your ship. Of course, I do understand if you don't want to help us, but please... We just need to get off this island!

Lorelei breathed a sigh of relief as she walked toward the forest, making quick work of getting the hell out of the town. She had had enough of all the creepy bounty hunters. Hopefully the captain would be okay with a few of the ideas she had. Maybe she could make a little place in the lower deck for her new ideas. Maybe making a gun was easier than she thought. She hoped so anyway as she walked through the forest, glad that the ship was only a couple of miles away from the town. She made quick work of the walk, jogging at points before finally managing to see the ship she had fallen in love with.

The people near the ship made her stop, hiding behind a tree quickly. The captain, Reimu, and two unknown girls stood talking. The girls... how did they find the ship?! She had searched damn well hard for a good spot for that ship! There was no way that these two girls had found it already! The fishwoman stayed completely silent as she set her things down gently, almost silently. Taking her gun from her back, she got it ready to shoot, just incase the two girls tried anything. They wouldn't lay a damn hand on either of her two companions without a bullet being lodged somewhere in their necks.

As she glanced over, she looked the girls up and down. They clearly didn't look like they were capable of fight. One looked more like someone she had seen in the seedy bars around different islands. The other looked like a fragile little thing, holding an umbrella and looking quite young. Sure, they looked like they posed no threat, but looks could be deceiving. They could be other pirates or bounty hunters for all she knew. Lorelei's hard black eyes kept a steady glare at the girls, hoping they couldn't see the flash of orange between the tree's low-lying branches.

Julius gave a silent nod to Emrik, understanding the need. He slunk back into the shadows and listened as they exchanged words. There was no real desire to go with them - he was better at range anyways. Their reason for being out there didn't sit well with him. It was too coincidental. They had chosen then place because it was difficult to find - how could two girls wandering about find them on chance?

Andesite – Marine Outpost, midnightblue
The young female marine stormed out on him and Nesmath sighed. Was it really so hard to knock on the door and wait your turn? But perhaps he had let his temper get the better of him. Still, to arrive on an island, fail to gauge the temper and recent events of the place, and then barge in expecting to be accommodated on a whim . . .
Nesmath couldn't think of a single place in the world where that would work. If she stayed long enough he'd have to keep an eye on that one. Surly there was a reason she'd made the rank of captain so young.

With another sigh Nesmath sat back down at his desk and dropped his head into his hands, rubbing his temples. "I apologize," he told Requiem genuinely, "this whole situation has me on edge. You are of course free to do as you like, including observing me the rest of they day, but I suppose I now need to take care of the other matters that seem to have suddenly popped up." He waved a hand at one of the marines guarding the office door. "If the young lady out there really does have information for us, then send her in."
Andesite – Hidden shore – The Striker, springgreen
"So," Emrik frowned at the girls feeling like something was terribly off about their story. He glanced at Reimu to see if she had noticed as well. "You're telling me that you were kidnapped by a man and forced to work, you ran away and just happened to find your way here? A very well hidden and defensible spot? I'm supposed to believe that two unfortunate girls who claim abuse by a former employer ran into the woods instead of going to a well established Marine Outpost and asking for help? That after that mistreatment you were comfortable approaching a strange ship with a strange crew and asking for help, never mind the fact that the ship in question is currently flying a pirate flag?" He pointed pointedly at the mast where the Black Moon Pirates' Jolly Rodger flew in plain sight.

"I'm not an unreasonable man," he said with a smirk crossing his arms and feeling the sea-stone pendant in the palm of his hand just in case, "I'll give you another chance to tell me what you want, and if you're going to insist on lying to me you can at least make it entertaining if you can't manage believable."

KAMAKIRI SISTERS, red
Lillian was taken aback by the reluctancy of this man. She was about to talk back when Vivienne softly placed her hand on her sholder, shaking her head. "It's over, sis, it was a stupid plan doomed to fail from the beginning." She cleared her throat, stepping ahead of her sister. "My name is Vivienne Kamakiri, and this is my sister, Lillian. It is true that we were once enslaved by a man who forced us to work for him, but we murdered him long ago. My power is that of the Hore Hore no Mi, which allows me to control spectral beings of all kinds. My sister's power is that of the Awa Awa no Mi, which allows her to create a soap that makes the skin of those who touch it incredibly smooth, but so slippery that they would barely be able to stand. Together we've been working as criminals, and we seem to have acted not so hospitable towards one of your crew members." She picked the doll out from her pocket, and squeezed it. With a burping noise, all the things they had stolen from Kyy fell out of the doll's mouth which had opened to a massive size. "As much as I would like to return all which we have stolen from him, we are unfortunately unable to do so. This is because my sister went along and sold his spear, which undoubtedly is a very important belonging, to a treasure hunter. A treasure hunter, who is currently located it the marine base up north. If we help you retrieve the spear, would you be so kind as to forgive us for what we've done, and take us to the next island on your ship? If not, then we will politely remove ourselves from the premises."

Kyy heard the girl's names from the ship and screamed, jumping to shore. He glared at the sisters. "Why should we trust you? How do we know its not a trap or that you really don't have my spear?" He clenches his fists, ready to rush them at a moments notice, though his injuries from earlier had yet to heal. He looks at Emrik. "They're the reason I have these burns. They found me at the bar and got me to their hideout. After a fight they stole my stuff. I can't forgive them for taking Hokkuroku Shimon."

~~~~~~~~
Aurelia Shin
~~~~~~~~

Not so subtle tones

"Since the time i know you, I had the feeling that i would talk to a tool. I'm kinda glad that this first thought just proved to be wrong. You should talk freely more often. Fine. Let's say that I'm mad at her for something that happened a while ago. It's nothing deadly, really, but i do want to give her a little scare as revenge."

"Huh. A tool is it? Haha...Gee, thanks. Well, as long as its not 'I'm rescuing so i can kill you myself', it's all good."

Aurelia kept to herself the fact that she was a bit less talkative was due to the fact that she thought Caim was a bit of an ass. Aurelia was still stinging about the salute dressdown he gave her when they met, but Aurelia felt that if she kept this up any longer, itd be just petty. As the duo made their way up the last few steps towards the local captain's office, the female officer that they met only moments ago stormed by them, looking non too happy.

"Well, Miss Lady Captain seems less than happy. You dont think we are going to get the same reception, that caused that reaction, from the local captain, right?

Aurelia looked cautiously at the door, as if the same wooden partition suddenly became much more dangerous.

"Well, captain. As ranking marine, after you."

Status
Not open for further replies.