One Piece: A New Beginning [OOC]

Ok i swear my cs will be up soon

Name: Borsh Clampken

86qMcux.jpg

Devil Fruit/Power/Skill: Borsh can make anything given the right materials and parts. He is master tinkerer and can assemble something as quickly as he can take it apart.

What your character would bring to a pirate crew: Tinkerer, repairman, and explosives expert. Borsh can repair just about anything, just beware that anything given to him for repair will probably come back with several "upgrades". Borsh can also be useful when encountering unknown or foreign technology, give him enough time and Borsh can figure out what makes anything tick.

History: Borsh grew up in the futuristic island of Karakuri. Even as a wee lad Borsh had an affinity for metalwork and technology. But while many others were content to spend their lives on the island, Borsh was filled with wanderlust and eventually left the island in search of new and unique contraptions. Borsht spent many years hitching rides aboard various merchant ships, hiring out his services in exchange for rare materials or interesting doodads. This was when Borsh first discovered sea-prism stone. Fascinated with the various qualities of seastone Borsh spent many more years researching and learning about the rare mineral. After awhile Borsh was contacted by the world government and contracted to research seastone with government funding. Borsh happily agreed and spent a decade becoming one of the world's leading experts on seastone. Unfortunately the government stole all of Borsh's research when he refused to use his research to make new weapons. Dumped on a remote island with nothing but his clothes and rage, Borsh's vowed revenge on those who had wronged him. Borsh eventually found his way aboard a passing ship and decided to enlist with the nearest pirate crew, which just so happens to be led by a devil fruit user.

Other: Borsh managed to keep the government from stealing all of his work. Namely his trusty seastone hammer, which can pound nails as easily as it can crack skulls.

@dunruffle Accepted!

Just for everyone's info, I want to let you know we will be starting on the island-kingdom of Alabasta.

Alabasta is more of a small continent.

Oh hey, no longer the queen of tentacles and hentai? O.ô

@Abyssal Knight

Check your PM for me cs! Check it Check it! I'd post the cs here but copy and paste isn't reliable on phone

So we have two shiprights? Also Abyssal you should post Furasian's CS here and then I'll update the crew thing to add him and dunruffle.

I would but my copying and pasting abilities are no better than his right now.

Well originally i planned on making a scientist. But then that just ended up being a doctor and we already had one. Plus Borsh isnt really a shipwright, think of him more along the lines of an inventor of weapons and gadgets like usopp/the cannoneer. I mean he could make ship repairs if he needed to but he would get too carried away "improving" the ship that he wouldnt be efficient at repairing any major damage.

Here we are! Finally got it to post here. Thanks for reviewing and slapping your magical seal @Abyssal Knight

But without further ado I bring you the sentry of the ship!

Edit: That moment where the CS is soo big the editor won't let you use one spoiler.

y5ahPld.jpg

Name: Ivan Freeman

Devil Fruit/Power/Skill: With the Inu Inu Fruit Ivan has the ability to use a canine form which has a variety of advantages (and disadvantages.) The primary advantages are: Heightened Senses, Balance, and a good dash of agility. He exploits these advantages as both a sentry and a sharp shooter/lookout for whoever takes him in. With that he can fight with a blade due to some training, but he prefers holding onto a rifle while balancing on the ropes/mast of the ship. Because how scary is death from above, right?

He can also do a good job when it comes to making tales and stories whether it be to have a ground to boast on or just to past the time.

What your character would bring to a pirate crew: Sentry/Sharpshooter

History:
Ivan was born in a family of foreigners during their immigration into the new world, fleeing from the wars that were slowly developing in their homeland. While they didn't have much other than their accents and variety of tools, his parents were exceptional weaponsmiths and were able to create a business that kept them under a roof. Unfortunately that skill set was not taught to young Ivan and soon he began following other means of helping his family thrive. From petty theft to alley way deals, the little lad brought money and lies home so to keep the blissful viel of ignorance over his parent's eyes for to them he managed to make them believe he was working in a rich warehouse on the docks.

One day Ivan came across a shady character during his usual sale of stolen jewerly and weapons that had an interest for something he had stolen from a pub weeks ago. Of all the things offered to him what this character presented was something very awkward. He had been given money, items, even favors from a variety of subjects, but never had he been given some random fruit that was wrapped around silk cloth. Obviously he was skeptical, but at the young age of sixteen he wss more open minded. Besides, he skipped breakfast to get into the dark streets at an early time.

"What you have boy is something powerful, something both men good and evil will kill for." The hooded old man said after thet exchanged items. When Ivan asked why he was interested in the jewerly he simply replied "I am.more interested in you than this rock, boy. Sometimes changing one life can change many for the better or for the worse." With that they parted, leaving the teenager with the fruit in his hands, the fruit that would make a change.

It didn't stop there though, after Ivan stowed his prize away and returned home he came across a bunch of people harassing his family; the ones he stole from at the pub. What happened then he kept to himself, but even though he and his parents prevailed he fled, knowing that danger fueled with mindless vengeance will come after him. First he started off working for trade companies, helping out with protecting cargo and such from whatever the sea threw at him. There he was taught how to fight and shoot by some of the crew that sympathized the tales he told. They were like a family to him, till the night he ate the mysterious fruit after given a rationed unsatisfying meal. That night was the night privateers from a competing attacked the ship he rode in, the same night he preformed exceptionally despite shocking his companions with the sudden change of appearance. They survived the night and the next day was pay day.

Why did he become a pirate afterwards? Well.. Who would hire a kind hearted monster like himself? Sure he was a great shooter and a greater sentry, but he company couldn't keep him and when he heard of another crew with opening he didn't hesitate to tag along. Little do the other know of his past, and hopefully he ran away far enough for it to not catch up to him.

Other: Despite the unfortunate upbringing it was his parents one can credit to for how soft hearted he is. He is no fool though and in some cases will keep silent when it comes to deciding the more distasteful courses of action. That doesn't mean he won't snap from time time.

Just so everyones fully aware, I already approved @Furasian .

Looks like we have a well balanced ship. All we're missing is a musician.

*floats around lazily*

We are still waiting on Kangutso, but maybe today I will make the IC.

So are we starting out as already a crew? Or are we going to be meeting and becoming one?