One Piece: A New Beginning [OOC]

Alright so.. I'm working on my CS but one particular question has sprouted:

Say for the combat styles, would I be able to have my own custom one that's similar to Captain Kuro's maneuverability? (Black Cat captain, back in the Syrup Island arc that introduced Usopp)

I was thinking my character would be mainly focused on kick attacks like Sanji for the offense bit but have techniques like Kuro to move around. Would that be fine with you @Zone-Tan ?

@The Writing Owl this is not who you think it's going to be >.> :P

CS inbound soon! Sorry for the delay

Im still trying to make a decent CS for what I have in mind. hopefully it will be up by tonight

640x1123_12177_Demon_Girl_2d_fantasy_character_girl_woman_mask_demon_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Name: "Demon Queen" Vera

Devil Fruit/Power/Skill: Venom-Venom Fruit: Vera can produce an infinite amount and variety of poisons from her body. As a result, she is immune to all poison as well. By covering her body in poison, it makes it nearly impossible for someone to attack her. Another use of this ability is to create semi-sentient "Hydra" heads that can chase and attack enemies. Vera may also use these Hydra heads as a mode of transport by travelling through them like a vacuum tube. Her final and most powerful attack is to use a special poison that "infects" anything it touches and begins to wither it. This includes the ground, people, and anything else she touches in her "Venom Demon" form.

What your character would bring to a pirate crew: As Captain of the now-forming Akuma Pirates, Vera will provide leadership to her crew members. But she is not content just sitting behind the scenes and watching the fights go down, she wants to join the fight herself.

History: Vera was born on the island of Jaya, in it's only town; Mock Town. She was born to a pirate father and his regular wife. Her mother, Arata, was a somewhat dark woman, studying many of the more strange things in this woorld. These included the origin of Devil Fruits and the idea of real demons. Her father, a man by the name of Orpheus, was a very rich pirate, who himself enjoyed the darker side of life. As a result of this, everything Vera had or grew up with was "Dark" in some way. Wether it was her one and only pet being a Scorpion from Alabasta, or that one of her toys as a child was legitimately a human skull filled with metal balls to act as a maraca. Vera had a...less-than-normal childhood. As she grew, her parents would both die, her father the first to go, dying from a gunshot from the Marines, then her mother 6 years later, succumbing to a deadly disease. Vera was heartbroken and angry, so much so, that when she was able to hunt down the marine who shot her father, she tortured him for days before finally letting him die. Now Vera has inherited a huge amount of wealth and other such things from her father, as well as the information her mother had gathered on Devil Fruits, including a list of all the known ones throughout history. Now she seeks to create a pirate crew in honor of her Father and find the One Piece in his name.

Other: Has a vivid hate for the Marines.

6d83466cad2e545cb835dfab367714ef.jpg

Name: Takuto Hideaki

Devil Fruit/Power/Skill: Itoryu/Nitoryu: Takuto has practiced all his life with a blade and has been able to count himself a master of the arts of his single and two-sword style allowing him to preform devestating attacks with both forms.

What your character would bring to a pirate crew: Takuto can be seen as the basic muscle for the group as he doesn't have any other special powers save for his fighting style.

History: Many wouldn't believe it when they've seen Takuto for the first time but his place of origin is actually the famed home of samurai, Wano, where he spent most of his life learning the way of the sword from great masters. In his youth Takuto was always curious of the outside world hearing news about these great warriors that sailed across the seas living life acoording to their own code. Eventually he decided that maybe it was high time for him to break away from their sheltered life and seek a new path beyond their boarders and explore the outside world and all it had to offer. He left home at the age of 18 and had no regrets since he was the only living member of his family and sailed off into the New World that was out there waiting for him. He met up with strange woman who was taking on members for a "crew" that he had heard about from the locals and decided that maybe being a part of this crew would allow him to continue on with he journey since his small ship had been stolen in the middle of the night. Now after pleading to be let aboard her vessel Takuto serves as the blade to the "Demon Queen" as he swore on his honor as a samurai to protect her with his life when she agreed to let him aboard.

Other: He holds the great blades of Shodai Kitestsu and Nidai Kitetsu as they were gifts from his masters when he left for the New World, but they mainly gave them away because they didn't wish to keep the cursed blades any longer for fear of something happening in Wano and prefered them to be lost at sea when Takuto died.

I'll make a CS eventually, just would like my questions answered first when they can be :P

Edit: (I am however reserving the Flower-Flower fruit)

Last edited:
Which fruit would work better for a smith(weapons, armor, guns), the Flare-Flare Fruit or the Float-Float Fruit? I like both of them.

I would say the Flare-Flare fruit.

Hrm... alright, so.. Can I get a quick run down on what spots we have filled so far? If I'm thinking right (I could be wrong) @The Writing Owl may want shipwright unless I'm completely wrong on that, lol....

So far I see a doctor.. Muscle (Can never have too much of that), a navigator.. I think.. Hrm..

The only real main part that we're missing is a cook at the moment.

I had a feeling. I could do that for my character (oh dear god and I picked Sanji's fighting style too... hah...) but I'll see as I create it.

Well it fits with the code that a cook should never use his hands for battle.

I almost posted without refreshing the page, but navigator is indeed covered good Detective.

Name: Hitomi 'Hit' Kairo

Devil Fruit/Power/Skill: Adopting a particular fighting style involving nearly only kicks and high acrobatics/agility, her body moves around fluidly to accommodate the swiftness and power this style can offer. She tries to avoid using her hands as much as possible, as for any person knows that people that take on professions like doctoring or even cooking, your hands are a necessity. On top of all this, she's also consumed the Flower-Flower fruit, which can somewhat counter-act the need for her not to use her 'hands' in some cases. From family tradition, she has also adopted a unique fighting style to combine with her footwork that keeps her even more mobile which makes her a very troublesome opponent. Dubbed "Blackfoot," this technique offers mobility to such degree that anyone untrained in the worlds' experience would think she'd vanish into thin air.

What your character would bring to a pirate crew: An experienced chef that can guarantee a meal to get you through the day out at seas. Aside from that, sort of more Muscle.

Personality: Lively, outgoing, somewhat tomboyish and mischievous.

History: Growing up, she was often at sea with her mother, whom at the time was a high-ranking Marine. Despite the many complaints of having a child present on-duty, her mother had none of that as she'd raise Hitomi up well in hopes to become a Marine herself, as to one day maybe take over her duties should something happen. Through her training, instead of being that of a 'cabin boy' and mopping decks, she manned the kitchen and learned as much as she could about the culinary arts atop of her mother's training. As a teenager, her mother told her stories of her journeys before becoming a mother, such as how she got to where she is now, and what she had dealt with. One thing that surprised Hitomi was that her mother actually had such a drastic crossroads in her life, considering what she went through, she had actually considered joining a band of pirates whom she had stayed with a short while as a 'hostage.' Her mother was not happy with how most of the Marines were actually handled. There were many corrupt, bent on power and the chain of command was even moreso filled with ignorance and corruption. Baffled, Hitomi did not know why her mother had even considered it, but in the coming years up to the present now, she'd learn that she herself would end up making that same decision to make, learning just what it was her mother had been through to understand why she felt that way. And so that decision came, where right now she is where she is.

Other: Get on this young woman's bad side and you just might get an axe-kick to the head. Or no food for the day.

Apologies with the appearance. Not original I know but it was a B*TCH to find anything else that could have possibly fit what I was going for.. So I had to go with the next best thing to find. Hope it's not an issue to anyone ^^;;

Otherwise, I hope the CS is to your likings.

Reactions: TravisBM
Oh wow, I can say I'm honestly surprised to see nobody vying for DoFlamingo's OP String-String Fruit.