Oh Waiter, Another Human Please!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[fieldbox="Aragon, Red, solid"]Aragon only smirked at his words. "Some would say confidence only leads to one's downfall, but where I come from, it is an admirable trait. However, humility is not something to be abandoned when in the presence of a higher being." She replied curtly, not looking at him. "It would also be in your best interest to drop the word 'only' from your vocabulary when addressing my actions. It is rather unbecoming, don't you think?"

Walking at a brisk pace, the two soon reached the door, and Aragon stopped before it. "In time you shall learn to keep your mouth shut, though I should hope it happens soon." She said, her last words a mutter.[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eiliess, Aqua, solid"]Eiliess followed after Conner with a grin, a childish spring in her step as she went along. "So eager aren't you? You'll find out when we get her." She sung, giggling slightly, not unlike a child. She paused before grinning again. "I think you'll like it."[/fieldbox]

"I have come to terms with death. I simply wait for it to come to me. For how anti-climatic it would to simply die by your own hand simply because you give up at life. Also, perhaps I should clarify, I could show you my ability with ten, however what fun is a slaughter if ends as if just as soon as it starts. That shouldn't be to fun for either of us. Sadly, with improvised weapons and them having the ability to run around, I will have to make there deaths quick. It seems like they only get faster when they are injured. So desperately they cling to their useless lives, a live where they serve no one but their on pitiful selves." Isaac ranted a little bit, this time with a rather neutral face and tone. It is not the same tone-less, live less voice as if he had not emotions, this voice seemed to more so hidden the emotions and than being absent of emotion.

2dvv2ao.jpg

At the mention of the word "siren," Nixon's face immediately dropped. It was as if someone had flipped a coin suddenly, and it had landed on the angry side. He seemed to be seething with anger at the mention of such a creature, though his voice was holding back. Slightly. Having already seen just how mentally unstable this guy was, she was afraid of what Nixon's angry side might be like.

He then went on to say that this was the end of the line. He hoped Connor was dead at this point, and he wouldn't help Cadence any further. Strangely enough, Cadence felt a certain sense of relief at this... Of course, she wanted to find Connor. And the last thing she wanted was to be stuck in this forest alone, all by herself. But that being said, she almost expected Nixon's sudden angry mood shift to blow up in her face. So, all things considered, him cutting her off was the least of Cadence's concerns.

"Y-You're not going to help me anymore...?" she wondered cautiously. "Are sirens really that dangerous?"​

Connor gave a happy nod to Eiliess's response, eagerly looking for Cadence. He was sure if the direction, remembering the way quite clearly.

"Cadence!" He shouted, cupping his hands over his mouth. "Cadence!"

------------------------------------------

Nixon made a small chuckle after Cadence's question. "Sirens? Dangerous? To you and me, no. Well, kind of to me, depends on the circumstance. See, problem is in this place I can't kill them or else I get in trouble. There's rules here, very laid out rules, ones I broke a while ago," Nixon stopped there, not wanting to explain more. Nixon spun around the area, not sure what to do. "Look...I'm sorry about your friend but at least you got away."

"So.." She pondered, her eyes fixated on nothing in particular as she thought, all of the information she had just gained racing through her conscious. "What do I do then?..."Everything she had just heard was ludicrous and hard to believe..but it was the only information she had to go on. What choice did she have? "Do I just..stay in this room until your plan takes place?"

"So.." She pondered, her eyes fixated on nothing in particular as she thought, all of the information she had just gained racing through her conscious. "What do I do then?..."Everything she had just heard was ludicrous and hard to believe..but it was the only information she had to go on. What choice did she have? "Do I just..stay in this room until your plan takes place?"
Thoth shrugged. "Well, what would you like to do? I've got mangoes," the bird man offered. "You know, you're actually taking the existance of me quite well," he chuckled. "I'm truly surprised. Most humans aren't so........ kind towards me. Much like the other supernaturals here. They all seem to hate humans for little to no reason. In a way, we're all monsters," the bird man sighed, shaking his hand. "But enough of my rambling. May you tell me of this world?"

2dvv2ao.jpg

Cadence was growing almost unbearably curious. What had Nixon done to break the rules? He hadn't killed another supernatural, had he? And why was he so different -- why didn't he feel the urge to kill, maim, or even slightly harm Cadence in some way? That seemed to be the natural urge for the rest of the creatures in this twisted place.

And -- to top it all off -- if sirens weren't dangerous to him, then what would be the problem if they ran into one? "I guess I shouldn't be pushing my luck here..." Cadence murmured. "I'm so grateful for all of your help, really." She knew it was an inappropriate time to ask Nixon any of these pressing questions. Her first priority needed to be getting to safety at this point, and if she had a way out, she really shouldn't lose it. "I mean, to be honest, I didn't even know Connor... He just helped me so much, and-- and I just hate not being able to return the favor, y'know? Goodness knows how long he's been stuck in this God-forsaken place, and I just---"

Suddenly, at that moment, a small voice was carried in on the breeze. Cadence! it called, Cadence! It was distant, but she definitely knew it was there. Cadence paused mid-sentence to listen, her eyes aglow with life and hope. Gradually, the voice grew closer, and she became nearly positive that it belonged to Connor. "He's alive...?!" Cadence breathed in disbelief. "Connor!! I'm--" she called back aloud, starting to answer him before realizing the situation.

What what was the last thing Connor had told her? "If you see me again, don't trust me." Cadence could never forget those last words... And on top of that, Nixon -- who seemed to know an awful lot about this place, despite being off his rocker -- was previously 100% sure Connor was dead at the hands of this siren. Realizing the mistake she'd just made in answering Connor's calls, Cadence gasped and cupped her hands over her mouth, as if that would stop her from accidentally letting out any more noises. There was definitely something fishy about this situation... And Cadence wasn't nearly as excited about finding Connor as she had been only moments ago.​

Nixon gave a frown at the word siren, not liking the word at all. The word infact suddenly flipped his personality to a very noticeable level. "Right...ponds and sirens. I hate those evil little mermaid things," he muttered, looking back over at Cadence. "You know...you're really good at breaking such a happy day. Here I am going through...actually skip that part." Nixon paused for a moment, then gave up. "Sorry I'm not actually that good at giving these grudge rants about stuff I'm suddenly unhappy about." Nixon blinked to lean against a tree that was a couple feet away. "Look, your friend is hopefully dead at this point. You should honestly be hoping that. Remember when I told you there was a limit to how much I could help you? This is the limit."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rand watched Tyla exit the room and lock them in. The hunter gave a glance towards Liz, then at the knife drawer. "How good at you at handling a knife? I think if we get the drop on her we can get out of here. It'll take some luck but it's about time it should come into my favor. You know anything else we can use?" Rand asked, looking back at Liz, still not understanding the relationship that Liz and Tyla had. "All that stuff was an act right? You ready to get out of here?"
Liz watched as he looked to the knife drawer and just stared, biting her lip with a hesitant nod. "Yeah, i'm good with a knife..." she said, twirling a piece of her hair nervously. When he asked if it was all an act, she frowned, shaking her head. "N-No...that wasn't an act..."

"Well..." She started to think, looking deep in thought as she swirled into the information in her head. "There isn't much to tell...I don't keep up much with current events. I normally prefer to stay in my dorm with my books and things. I can tell you about current wars....who the president is...what happened on Ellen last night.." She joked slightly. "I can tell about the technology." Genevieve rambled on, becoming more comfortable with this bird man.

@SirDerpingtonIV

"Well..." She started to think, looking deep in thought as she swirled into the information in her head. "There isn't much to tell...I keep up much with current events. I normally prefer to stay in my dorm with my books and things. I can tell you about current wars....who the president is...what happened on Ellen last night.." She joked slightly. "I can tell about the technology." Genevieve rambled on, becoming more comfortable with this bird man.

@SirDerpingtonIV
"Tell me everything, he said simply. "Technology first." he said, before sighing. "I'm sorry. This might take a long while." The Bird man chuckled, shaking his head. "Are the Romans still in occupation of Egypt? Did the Crusades end? Who is the current Pharoah? What Empire is this?" he asked, barraging the girl with questions, although in a kind tone.

[fieldbox="Aragon, red, solid"]Aragon pursed her lips as she listened to him speak, before smiling slightly. "I understand your point. I've never been a fan of the hunt myself. So much wasted potential." She said, pushing the door open. "Though if all goes well now, I promise you will have plenty of opportunity to kill in a more pleasing way."

The door opened onto an area of the hunting grounds, small when compared to the rest of the forest, which had been blocked off with some kind of frosted barrier. There was a large clearing in the middle, with a few trees surrounding it, enough to offer some hiding spots, but not enough to block her view of the barrier. Ten cages, holding one man each, were arranged in a large circle with a break in the front, with a silver serving cart in the middle holding an elegantly designed bottle of wine next to a crystal wine glass and silver bowl. Though she hadn't asked for one, there was also a chair and a side table, situated on a platform that over looked the hunting ground. It seemed she wasn't the first to have such an idea.[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eileiss, aqua, solid"]"Connor!! I'm--"

As the girl called out to Connor, Eileiss began to laugh, jumping up and down with excitement as she did. "Come on, let's go!" She shouted, running off in the direction of the girl's voice. It was clear by the way she had cut herself that she had realized the error of her actions, and had probably guessed the fate of her friend. She would no doubt try to flee the spot before they got to her.[/fieldbox]

"My goodness you've missed a lot." Genevieve pondered how to explain it the best way possible. "Well..there are no more empires really." Her fingers made air quotes around the word 'empire'. "No more Pharaohs either...Yes the crusades are over, and a lot of different people inhabit Egypt now." She trailed off as she patted her pockets down only to sigh. " My cellphone is missing...I would show you some modern technology if it was here. You can do lots of things with a cellphone. Call people amd text others and use the internet.." She paused to chuckle, realizing how silly it must sound to him. "It's like a little box that can connect you verbally and vocally to almost anyone anywhere in the world." Her green eyes lit up like emeralds as she spoke about it, but quickly dropped the light. "But..technology advancing has led to destruction too. More powerful weapons, weapons that can wipe out entire civilizations and towns in seconds. Weapons of mass destruction."

@SirDerpingtonIV

"My goodness you've missed a lot." Genevieve pondered how to explain it the best way possible. "Well..there are no more empires really." Her fingers made air quotes around the word 'empire'. "No more Pharaohs either...Yes the crusades are over, and a lot of different people inhabit Egypt now." She trailed off as she patted her pockets down only to sigh. " My cellphone is missing...I would show you some modern technology if it was here. You can do lots of things with a cellphone. Call people amd text others and use the internet.." She paused to chuckle, realizing how silly it must sound to him. "It's like a little box that can connect you verbally and vocally to almost anyone anywhere in the world." Her green eyes lit up like emeralds as she spoke about it, but quickly dropped the light. "But..technology advancing has led to destruction too. More powerful weapons, weapons that can wipe out entire civilizations and towns in seconds. Weapons of mass destruction."

@SirDerpingtonIV
"That's genius!" he cried, at her description of the cellphone. However, his excitement left him when she mentioned the weapons. He sighed. "It'd seem Men have become the Gods now, and the Gods have become Men," he chuckled, although he didn't find it all too funny. "Thank you then. Additionally, may I have a look into your mind? I won't look at anything personal. If you'd let me in, I'd have everything I needed faster than you could blink," he suggested.

As soon as Isaac enter the hunting ground, he went dead quite. His whole demeanor seemed to shift. He sound as straight as humanly possible. His face melted into a military-like seriousness. However, one detail seemed to be misplaced on this more deadly attitude. Upon his face was an almost inhuman smile.

He carefully examined the scene. He was visually measuring the size of the room, as well as looking for materials that could be useful for him. He quickly noted the starting positions of all the other humans. To the untrained eye, it would simply appear as though he was looking around, however without much moving he quickly began to draw a mental map of the area.

@Thurrbo @Karo

Connor gleefully picked up the pace at Eileiss's command, sprinting off to where he heard Cadence. He was so very eager to find Cadence to see what the siren's plan was, it was going to be great. Connor ran until he finally saw Cadence, giving a happy smile. "Cadence! It's so great to see you again!"

Nixon said no words as soon as he heard Connor call out and Cadence respond only to cut herself off. The vampire backed up to lean against a tree and looked out at where the siren and Connor would approach. It wouldn't be much longer, and then he'd have to make a choice. Choices really bugged Nixon, he never seemed to make the right one when it mattered. Nixon looked at someone who stood next to him, recognizing her immediately. "You can't be helpful right now, you need to go. I'll speak with you later," he spoke to the air where there was no one.

-------------------------------------------

@Maid-of-Heart

Rand made a slight frown, stopping what he was doing and turned back to Liz. "It wasn't?" He asked curiously. "You really do care for her? How?" The whole concept was surprising to Rand, and it didn't make any kind of sense in his mind.​

Her mouth dropped into a shape filled with shock, fear, and awe. "L-look into my mind? " Genevieve's whole body looked taken aback with the request. She had really only just met this man...bird..god, and it was only then that sje realized the full gravity of her situation. "...Pardon me for being a bit suspicious but i've just never had my memories and knowledge tapped into before.."

@SirDerpingtonIV

Her mouth dropped into a shape filled with shock, fear, and awe. "L-look into my mind? " Genevieve's whole body looked taken aback with the request. She had really only just met this man...bird..god, and it was only then that sje realized the full gravity of her situation. "...Pardon me for being a bit suspicious but i've just never had my memories and knowledge tapped into before.."

@SirDerpingtonIV
He shook his head, "It is alright. I respect your wish to privacy," the bird man said with a nod, climbing to his feet. He grabbed another juicy mango, taking a bite from it, some of the juice dribbling down his beak. "I would not want my head tapped in to either, in all honesty." he said. In truth, he was slightly upset. He was desperate to know what had become of this world, and so far had learned little.

@Thurrbo @Karo

Connor gleefully picked up the pace at Eileiss's command, sprinting off to where he heard Cadence. He was so very eager to find Cadence to see what the siren's plan was, it was going to be great. Connor ran until he finally saw Cadence, giving a happy smile. "Cadence! It's so great to see you again!"

Nixon said no words as soon as he heard Connor call out and Cadence respond only to cut herself off. The vampire backed up to lean against a tree and looked out at where the siren and Connor would approach. It wouldn't be much longer, and then he'd have to make a choice. Choices really bugged Nixon, he never seemed to make the right one when it mattered. Nixon looked at someone who stood next to him, recognizing her immediately. "You can't be helpful right now, you need to go. I'll speak with you later," he spoke to the air where there was no one.

-------------------------------------------

@Maid-of-Heart

Rand made a slight frown, stopping what he was doing and turned back to Liz. "It wasn't?" He asked curiously. "You really do care for her? How?" The whole concept was surprising to Rand, and it didn't make any kind of sense in his mind.​
She nods, frowning as she saw him frown. "Yeah, i do care for her..." she said, nervously twirling a lock of hair around her finger. "I mean, i can relate to her in some ways....were both a bit socially awkward, we lost our moms when we were kids, we both grew up and had our dads leave us..."

2dvv2ao.jpg

As Connor came bursting into the clearing where Nixon and Cadence were, Cadence staggered back a few steps. Sure, the kid looked like Connor, but he had this giddy air about him and wore the most ridiculous expression on his face. Cadence hadn't known Connor for more than an hour, really, but that was plenty long enough to know that this wasn't the real him. His entire character was off kilter. Cadence wished she could return the smile he was giving her, but she just couldn't -- her stomach sank, and her heart began to race. "Uh -- Hi, Connor..." she murmured quietly, glancing around anxiously as she wondered where the Siren was. Cadence wasn't going to fall for this trick. It was only a matter of time before the Siren showed herself.

She took a few wary steps backwards, inching closer to Nixon as if that would make her feel safer. But just then, she heard him talking to some invisible person again, and Cadence was unfortunately reminded of his... instability. She froze, finding herself stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, she was being hunted by a siren and, probably, the one single normal person she'd come across in this god-forsaken place. On the other hand, her only solace was in an emotionally and mentally unstable vampire, of all creatures, with strangely childish tendencies... and, quite possibly, severe schizophrenia.

I-I gotta think of something...! Cadence remained frozen in the middle of the clearing as her heart continued racing, her mind searching desperately for some kind of solution.​

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Aragon, red, solid"]Aragon watched in amusement as the boy became silent, a crazed smile on his face as he surveyed the makeshift arena. With a smirk, she made her way over to cage closest to her and crouched down next to it. The man inside looked as though he had been stuck in that cage for weeks, his skin pale and his hair long and unkempt. However, he hardly seemed malnourished, on the contrary, he seemed exceptionally healthy for his situation, with a strong frame, his muscles visible through his clothing. Like most of the men in the cages, he had been staring at her the whole time, already entranced. All it took was a sultry smile and a few flirtatious remarks before he was almost completely under her control. Aragon took a step back and unlatched his cage, and the man crawled out and rose to her height. She kissed him quickly, then moved on to the next man, the now fully brainwashed man following behind her like a dog. She repeated this process on the other nine with more or less ease, before gathering them in a group in front of the steps of the platform. With a motion of her hands, the men parted, and she walked up the stairs to the chair and sat down.

With the first part of the preparations finished, Aragon turned her attention to Isaac. "In my kingdom-" she announced, "it is customary for the favored competitor to pour and present the wine." She pointed to silver serving cart with a painted nail. "You will carry the glass to me in one hand, and the bowl in the other." She smiled coldly. "Do try your best to refrain from spilling the wine. In all the fights I have watched, none who have spilt the wine and fought have won."[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eileiss, aqua, solid"]Eileiss stopped at the sight of the girl, falling back so that she could not see her. Behind the cover of the trees, the siren watched the two with delight, curious as to how the girl would try to escape her situation. Unfortunately her delight was short lived, as she noticed the vampire with the girl. Eileiss scowled, a territorial instinct coming over her. She hated hunting around other supernaturals. Like a child, she refused to share her toys, and in her past, none of the supernaturals she came across ever played fair. Eileiss narrowed her eyes at the vampire as she contemplated whether or not to order Connor to attack him. While typically a human stood no chance against a vampire, it was clear the boy was a hunter, and knew how to deal with supernaturals, including how to kill them. But sending him after the vampire would give the girl a chance to escape. And a siren's song seemed to lose almost all its power on the ears of a supernatural.

With a huff, Eileiss retreated further into the trees. She would just have to let it play out.[/fieldbox]