Oh Waiter, Another Human Please!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She sat and thought of what she really wished to hide, which was all in her brain anyways. Nothing that she had done..but her fantasies and wildest dreams ran through her head. For within herself was her sanctuary.

Almost timidly she spoke. "H..how does it work exactly? The whole..'process' of it." Why was she even considering trusting this man? Why hadn't she pushed past him and ran off long before this? Something in this whole situation made her blood stir, she felt adrenaline coursing through her veins at every fleeting moment. Needless to say she was scared, but it felt invigorating.

@SirDerpingtonIV

She sat and thought of what she really wished to hide, which was all in her brain anyways. Nothing that she had done..but her fantasies and wildest dreams ran through her head. For within herself was her sanctuary.

Almost timidly she spoke. "H..how does it work exactly? The whole..'process' of it." Why was she even considering trusting this man? Why hadn't she pushed past him and ran off long before this? Something in this whole situation made her blood stir, she felt adrenaline coursing through her veins at every fleeting moment. Needless to say she was scared, but it felt invigorating.

@SirDerpingtonIV
"Magic, of course. I've done this several thousand times. I almost have a filter of sorts that only lets the information through, not your dreams, fantasies, or nightmares." he informed her, with nod. "If you do not feel comfortable with this, you do not have to do it. I won't hate you or anything If you refuse." he sighed. Sometimes, the fraility and fearfulness of humans surprised him. He wasn't going too rip open her body and read her entrails, for crying out loud. Although...... others would. She probably still doesn't trust me, he thought to himself.

Rand gave a slight nod. "I...think I get it. It's rare for that kind of circumstance." He wasn't going to convince her was he? Rand had no idea how to deal with this. He looked at the kitchen that he held in his hand and made a small sigh.

--------------------------------------------------------

@Thurrbo @Karo

Connor kept his smile as he looked at Cadence and took more steps towards her. "Cadence, I was so wrong! It was so stupid, how wrong I was about this place! I..." Connor noticed Nixon leaning against the tree and gave a wave. "Oh hi I haven't met you before!" Nixon gave little acknowledgement, still staring at the thin air next to him. "But Cadence I'm so happy to find you again. Everything's turning out for the better now!" He didn't see Eileiss nearby and figured she didn't want to reveal herself yet. "Look, I found a place that's safe, just come along with me OK?" He asked cheerfully.

Nixon ended his conversation with Her before looking at the other two. He gave no helpful gestures to Cadence and instead focused on Connor. "Hunter. That's how he knew a siren was after him," he noted. "Wonder where she ran off to. Maybe I should go say hi."

2dvv2ao.jpg

Cadence wanted to believe him so badly... and for a brief moment there? She almost did. "But... I don't want a 'safe place'," she answered quietly, with hesitation. "I-I just... I just wanna go home..." The sugary facade Connor had going on didn't falter for one second, and it just further secured Cadence's skepticism.

She then heard Nixon's comment. "Wait, I--!" Cadence turned to ask him -- no, more like beg him -- to stay, before realizing she had no right to. He certainly didn't owe her anything. It was quite strange he'd even been willing to help her at all in the first place, and if he decided he was done, there was nothing Cadence could do about it. I should have just gone with him when I had the chance! N-Now I'm gonna die here...!

But wait. If Connor was under some kind of spell, or enchantment, or something... maybe Cadence could break it? She didn't really know, as she knew nothing about sirens, but it was honestly the best plan she could come up with at this point. And the only plan, really. "Connor, you know what a siren is, right?" she asked him, taking a few more cautious steps backward. "I didn't know they were real until you told me. D-Do you remember that?" Cadence's only hope was to somehow shatter this wall of delusion that Connor was hiding behind. She barely knew him, so she couldn't use anything from their relationship to break through... but Connor had been in this place a lot longer than Cadence. If she could play off those experiences and try to stir up some of those terrible memories, then maybe -- just maybe -- she could get through to him before it was too late.

Cadence just hoped she had enough time.​

Liz bit her lip slightly, wondering what she should say next. "...I think i know of a way out..." she said, looking up at him with nervous eyes. "A way that you won't have to kill anyone to get to."

Isaac certainly had some grace in his movements. As he picked up the bowl and wine and done as she asked, "At one time, I believed in omens. However, now I am less certain. All the omens pointed towards a terrible tragedy to befall me, but all I see is a wonderful new opportunity to serve a being who is worth it. Of all the relationships in nature, the three most natural ones are those that are symbiotic and those that are predatory or parasitic. "

"Hmm.." Genevieve thought and thought, thinking of magic and wonders that had existed in her head all along becoming true. Magic..Mythological beings...everything was making sense. "...Will it hurt?" She spoke out. 'Would I fall asleep?' 'Does it involve physical contact?' She had millions of questions and was eager to learn the answers.

@SirDerpingtonIV

"There will be no pain. You won't fall asleep. And it only involves light physical contact. I simply place my fingers against your forehead, and it takes less than a second to do. At the very least, your head will be tingly afterwards." The Ibis-man explained. He was quite satisfied that someone had finally volunteered for this, as he desperately needed information to help shape his escape plan.

[fieldbox="Aragon, red, solid"]"It is unwise to doubt that which is written before you. Perhaps your tragedy has yet unfold." She mused, swirling the wine in her glass. "But I find your optimism charming."

Two of the other men began to move the serving cart and the cages aside, piling them near the door to the building, obediently following the orders she had quietly given them after kissing them. Finished with their task, they went back to step where the others were gathered, looking up at Aragon expectantly. She smiled once more, this one warmer than the earlier, one of calm exhilaration and anticipation.

Gently she took the bowl from him, setting it on the side table beside her. "Now, go stand in the middle of the arena. I will give you a minute to do any rituals or say any prayers you choose, and then the fight will begin. I suggest you take full advantage of those sixty seconds."[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eileiss, aqua, solid"]"Wonder where she ran off to. Maybe I should go say hi."

Eileiss drew in her bottom lip in vexation. This stupid vampire was ruining everything. She just wanted to play with her toys by herself. Using just his presence, he had managed to suck all of the excitement out of her, leaving only anger and annoyance.

With a sigh, Eileiss forced herself to push her grievances aside. Perhaps the vampire was harmless. He didn't seem to be too interested in the girl. She could probably just get her and leave. Besides, if she kept focusing on him she would miss the girl's capture.

Eileiss turned her attention back to the two, noticing in weak amusement Cadence's attempts to break through Connor's trance. She was hardly worried about her words having any impact; she was sure she had Connor under her complete control. Eileiss smiled slightly, allowing herself to forget about her worries with the vampire. [/fieldbox]

"Language is a funny thing. Sometimes it all about how choose to see it." he said, with a gin.

As he began to walk towards the center, he remarked, "I have left the traditions of the cult behind me. One must drop the anchor of the past to move forward. My new choir music shall be my enemies screams of pain." he said, his grin turning into something much more sinister.

As he reached the center, he quickly searched for a suitable weapon, and quickly took to a small branch about the size and shape of rough staff or club. "This is a very rudimentary weapon, however, it should do. The more blows it takes to kill them, the more red this arena shall become."

Rand turned to look at Liz, considering what she was offering. Escape was what he wanted right? "Would...you come with me?" He asked her. "I can't just leave you here."

------------------------------------------

Connor gave a confused look at Cadence when she spoke of the siren. "I suppose I did tell you..." he said, not understanding her point. "Look, that's not important right now, I handled that issue. I know you want to go home, but this is the best alternative I have until we can figure out how to get home OK?" Connor had slightly changed his method, try more to persuade her. Eileiss wanted Cadence, and Connor was happy to get Cadence for her. "We don't have much time, and I'm worried about what else is out here."

Nixon had hardly given a glance before he disappeared. At first he had gone up a floor to end up in a hallway. First, he had a short conversation with Her about what the right decision was and she really put up a harsh point with him. Nixon didn't really like being outsmarted in their arguments but she was right. Nevertheless, Nixon just shook his head and blinked away. He ended up right behind where the siren was in the forest. Giving a tiny grin, Nixon looked over her shoulder the way she was looking and asked and asked, "Hey, watcha lookin' at?"

Liz bit her lip at the offer, messing with the collar of her shirt. To be honest, she did kinda want to leave, but was afraid to because she might get punished. "I-I can't...i-i'll get punished." she said, looking up at him as she fixed her glasses. "But...i guess i could show you where it is..." she said softly, motioning for him to follow her to her side of the room.

She opened her mouth, but hesitated in speaking. "...Alright. Just..make it quick, please?" She shook her head as a shiver ran down her spine, trying to shake out her nerves.

@SirDerpingtonIV

She opened her mouth, but hesitated in speaking. "...Alright. Just..make it quick, please?" She shook her head as a shiver ran down her spine, trying to shake out her nerves.

@SirDerpingtonIV
The Bird man nodded, and simply pressed his finger tips against her head. A curious feeling ran through her, and a tingly feeling was present in her head. However, when Thoth pulled his fingers away a second later, the feeling vanished. Thoth stood there, wide-eyed. "Oh........" he said simply. "This world has grown so dark..." he whispered, turning and walking away, taking a seat in an old chair.

Avery opened her eyes and nearly screamed.
God, it was dark. Or was she blind? She couldnt tell. Blink. Dark. Blink. Dark again.

She went to sit up and cursed loudly as she hit her head against something hard. The hell? She wasnt even sitting up as straight as she could. Her body felt tight and cramped. She felt around with her hands and felt a bar, most likely covered in rust. Upon further inspection she found more of them lined up in a row.

A cage? God, what the hell was this? She had no recollection of how she got in here, let alone where she was. She felt small, miniscule, and vulnerable.

She reached down and expected to find the floor, but in return got nothing but air. Great, she was hanging like a deadman. She didnt know what else was out there.

Avery's heart started to pound against her ribcage and fear bubbled inside her stomach like acid. Shit, what was she going to do?

"H-Hello? Is anybody there..?"

She blinked herself back into motion, shaking her head ever so slightly as she readjusted to watch him slump into the chair. "..That is has.." Her voice was quiet as she shook her head, deciding to try and stop staring at him by focuing on the mango. Though its patches of greens and yellows were nothing compared to his feathers, even if he did claim to be old and
and frail.

@SirDerpingtonIV

[fieldbox="Aragon, red, solid"]Aragon watched with a smirk as Isaac moved to the center of the arena, still swirling the wine in her glass. "How poetic." She remarked, her voice dripping with sarcasm, though it was clear she was entertained by his antics. With a nod, the men began to make a circle around the boy, some grabbing their own makeshift weapons, others trusting solely in the power of their own hardened fists. Aragon silently sized up the men in the arena as the seconds passed, her observant eyes glinting with blood-thirsty excitement.

What a fight this shall be.

With a grandiose movement, Aragon rose from her seat, lifting her glass high in the air. "Animus attentus!" She called out, causing all of the men to turn to look to her. She smiled slyly, looking over them with cold and amused eyes. "Ready yourselves, for now, you fight for the honor of kneeling before a daughter of Insidiae, resplendent child of the noble kingdom Araneum!" She proclaimed grandly, sweeping her glass over the heads of the men who stood. "Those who fall today fall in shame, but not in vain." She continued, her voice taking on a somber tone. "I bid you luck. May your gods shine their faces upon you in battle." She took a step forward. "Now, in the name of Araneum, and for the glory of Insidiae, incipere!" She shouted, bringing the glass to her lips with an extravagant movement, and taking the first drink of wine, bittersweet on her tongue, before sitting back down, her lips curled in sadistic amusement.

As soon as the last word was spoken, the men charged forward towards Isaac, shouting barbarically. A group of three reached the boy first, one with a large, sharply edged rock and the others empty handed. The two empty handed ones made a grab at his arms in an attempt to subdue him, while the one armed with the rock began to swing wildly.[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eileiss, aqua, solid"]Eileiss whirled around quickly upon feeling the presence of the vampire behind her, scowling deeply. "Nothing." She hissed, keeping her voice low enough so that neither of the humans in the clearing could hear her. She took a step forward menacingly, narrowing her eyes as she did so. "You should leave." She growled.[/fieldbox]

OOC: Whoops, sorry guys! Nobody panic I'm back

2dvv2ao.jpg

"Look, that's not important right now, I handled that issue."

"N-No, but it is... It is important," Cadence insisted. "Connor, you aren't making any sense!" She was starting to crack. "Remember, just a little while ago? We were locked up in cages?" Cadence had her hands up in front of her defensively. She was visibly shaking, her heart pounding a mile a minute. "Wh-Why were we in cages? I-I mean, it was pitch black, a-and I couldn't see anything at all. And, well, y-you were telling me all about how terrible this place was and h-how it was filled with all kinds of... of terrible, terrible things!"

Cadence was losing it -- the silence was killing her. There was a rustle off in the trees somewhere, and she whipped around suddenly, panic filling her eyes. Yet... there was nothing there.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she turned back to Connor, who was still smiling. She just wanted to break down. "I... I was terrified," Cadence muttered, picking up right where she left off with a deep breath. "You know how dangerous this place is, Connor. I-I didn't believe you, but you knew, and you were so, so right." Her voice was shaking just as much as her hands now, and she was fighting back tears. She didn't even know what she was saying anymore. The words were just tumbling out of her mouth, as the suspense was eating away at her. Cadence knew the siren was somewhere nearby. She could feel it. Why wouldn't she just come out already?

"Where did the siren go, Connor?" Cadence asked, as a single tear ran down her cheek. "When you told me to run for my life, you said not to trust you anymore...." She trailed off, squeezing her fists shut as she desperately tried to suppress a break-down, stumbling back against a tree. "You were trying to save me...

"Where is the siren, Connor?! I-I don't wanna die..."​

Last edited by a moderator:
As the fight began, his visage completely changed. His face become blank once again. He dropped his weapon to the ground. As the two men reached for his arms, he turned to face of the men and grabbed his arms and used his feet to move the stick to trip the man and push him between the himself and the man with the stone, and on the other man trying to grab him.

He kicked his stick back into in his hands, and then took it and took a hard swing towards the back of the man he tried to trip.

Rand made a grim nod. He didn't want to just leave her here, but first they needed to get out first. Maybe he could convince her later to escape with him. "Alright, show me the way," he said. "But, there's something I need to do. My trainee is here, his name's Connor. I'd like to find him if that's possible."

-----------------------------------------------------

Nixon gave a small little grin. "Nothing seems like a whole lotta something," he whispered at her level. "Seriously, why don't you want someone around like jolly ol' me? I just was dropping by to say hi. I'm considering saying other words but right now I'm in a debate about it," his voice was slowly getting louder. "Any kind advice to offer on it?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Connor dropped his smile, realizing he wasn't convincing her. "Cadence, I know everything's been pretty scary for you. I was just as scared as you were at first, not knowing what this place was, but I got it figured out. Everything's become clear now." Cadence seemed to still be worrying about Eileiss, still scared about her and asking where she was. Connor made a quick glance around. "I don't know where the siren is Cadence, but she's not the problem," he replied. It was the truth, he didn't actually know where Eileiss had gone, but he knew she was close.

-------------------------------------------------------

@Ayla

The room stayed silent for quite a while, giving a first impression that the room was empty until another voice called out. "Oi! Is there actually someone else? Oh Hell it's been a while," a boy said at another side of the room. "You can't believe what I've gone through, but hey I'm sure you got some stories yourself eh? Those vamps are not very nice with my mouth..."