Oh Waiter, Another Human Please!

2dvv2ao.jpg

As Connor dropped the fake smile, it became even more difficult for Cadence to convince herself he was lying to her. He even looked like he was being sincere now. "I..." She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, replaying that scene over and over again. The look of utter fear Connor wore when Cadence saw him last -- when he told her to run and not trust him again -- was stuck in her mind. She held on desperately to that image as the only thing she knew to be true. I-I can't trust him! This... This isn't him...

But wait -- what if it was? Cadence had a sudden realization, as her eyes shot wide open with the thought. What if Connor wasn't so different from the rest of the creeps in this place? Maybe he was a supernatural like all the others, and he'd just been faking it this whole time! Cadence felt a shiver up her spine as she considered the possibility, her thoughts flying a mile a minute. It would make sense, after all... Ever since the beginning, maybe it was all some sick joke he was playing. The cages, the way the suddenly opened with no explanation, the escape into these hunting grounds... Then, the run-in with the siren. It had probably been an unplanned accident -- but now, perhaps they were working together? For some common purpose? Or worse...

Some common prey?

Cadence found herself instilled with a new sense of urgency. As if a fire had been lit underneath her, she had a new agenda. Clearly, trying to talk Connor out of this nonsense wasn't helping anyone, and she was going to break if this kept up. New plan?

She aggressively wiped her eyes dry and straightened up, surveying the clearing. "I wish I believed your good intentions, Connor," she began, still not seeing anybody nearby, "but I'm no fool, and I have no intentions of becoming someone's Sunday dinner platter..."

With one last look, Cadence decided to go for it. The siren was nowhere in sight, nor was Nixon. Just her and Connor.

So, in a quick decision, Cadence turned on her heel and made a mad dash for her life, actually hoping she was headed toward the cage room.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz nodded a bit, opening a hidden wall and pulling out a map. "The last i saw him, he was on his way to a siren, which usually occupy the third floor."

Riley's head shot up from its bowed position, banging her head on the top of the cage in the process. Damnit.

"H-Hello? Oh thank God, somebody is here. Where are we?" She paused, thinking over the boy's words. What? No way. What was this boy talking about? He must be crazy. Maybe the people here thought she was crazy. Why was she in a cage? Damn, she needed answers before something bad ha-

Wait. Vamps?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Vamps? As in Vampires? You've got to be kidding me. Those things dont even exsist. Are you crazy? If this is the nut house, I'm in the wrong place."

Riley was shaking. She was scared, damn straight. She wanted to get out of this cramped cage and away from this dark room. Wanted to go home and curl up under her zebra print blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a movie. Probably a romance.

"W-Whatever. I dont even have any stories. Do you know the way out of here? I should be getting home."

[fieldbox="Aragon, red, solid"]As the boy pushed the stick into him, the man stumbled forward, too stuck in his velocity to fully regain his balance. As the stick connected with his back, the light went out of his eyes, and he crumpled to the ground. Despite their comrade's sudden fall, the other two men did not falter, needing only a head nod to decide their next course of action. The lunged forward, the shorter of the two aiming for Isaac's legs, while the taller swung his rock at the boy's head.

Meanwhile, Aragon watched on in amusement, mildly impressed by the quickness in which the much smaller boy had taken out the first hulking giant. Still, it would take more than a few fast incapacitations to impress the expectant succubus.[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Eileiss, aqua, solid"]"Nothing means exactly what nothing means." Eileiss retorted, taking another step forward, dragging her foot to the other with a quiet and calculated movement. She ignored his other words, refusing to play along. "Look," she growled, her voice dangerous, "I don't like supernaturals." She continued to advance towards the vampire, drawing water nearer to her. "So, let me repeat myself. Get lost." She snarled.

At this point, almost all of her attention was on the supernatural, so, when she heard the sudden sound of running, for a split second, she had no idea what had happened. But as quickly as she had been alerted to it, it dawned on her. The girl was running. She hadn't fallen for Connor's façade, and now she was trying to flee. The siren shouted at the boy to chase after her, before turning back to the vampire, seething with anger. "You idiot!" She screamed, shoving him violently. "You ruined it! You ruined it all!" At the moment, Eileiss could see nothing but how the vampire had thrown her off, and was utterly convinced he had been the cause for the girl's distrust. Eileiss didn't know what to do, and, like a child, all she could think about was punishing the person she thought had destroyed her plans.[/fieldbox]

Isaac would of scoff at such crude tactics normally. However, when it came to fighting, he was a completely different person it seemed, completely detaching himself from everything but survival. As the the man swinged in with the rock, he ducked to avoid the rock and spinned so that his second foot landed on the neck of the person grabbing him and using this to get a good momentum to swing his stick right at the face of the person who threw the rock at him right in the face.

"...I'm no fool, and I have no intentions of becoming someone's Sunday dinner platter..."

Connor raised an eyebrow at Cadence's words. "Dinner platter?" He asked. "You can't seriously think that I-" Cadence suddenly took off before he could finish. "Cadence! No!" Connor immediately took after her, not wanting her to escape. You cannot fail, she wants her! Was all he thought in his head. Connor ran as quickly as he could, not wanting to lose sight of Cadence. "You are completely overreacting!" Connor shouted after her. "If you could just stop we can talk this out!"

-----------------------------------------------------

@Karo

Nixon began to notice how the siren hadn't taken a liking towards him at all for some strange reason. How could someone like him be hated? She must be quite anti-social to not like other people other than the ones she had under her control it seemed like. She must be quite fun at parties, Nixon figured.

"Don't like supernaturals? Well, that's quite ironic. You..." Nixon trailed off in his sentence as he noticed Cadence beginning to run with Connor in pursuit. Before he could react the siren shoved him hard. Nixon was caught off guard and fell on one leg.

After he recovered from Eileiss's sudden shove. gave an innocent how-could-I-have-possibly-done-something-like-that face to the siren. "I'm sorry, but it looks like whatever you wanted is still happening. It just seems like they're both going on a nice run through this lovely forest," the vampire said, holding his arms out wide to in a show-off kind of way.

------------------------------------------------------

Rand nodded his head. "Great! I think..." it was great that she knew where Connor was, but he didn't like it that he was sent to a siren. Hopefully this siren didn't have dominance over him yet and Connor was able to resist her. "Alright, where to?"

2dvv2ao.jpg

Cadence could hear Connor's voice close behind her, but she pushed it away. She just had to keep running -- if anything, maybe she could get far enough to separate Connor from the siren. That would make her chances of survival at least slightly better, right?

Her chest heaved with effort as she picked up speed, her shortness of breath contributing to her thumping heartbeat. If she ran any faster, Cadence thought she might collapse. But at that moment, by some miracle, she actually saw the door from earlier -- the door that led back into the cage room. Thanks goodness! Feeling reinvigorated, she dashed for the door, grabbed the handle, and pulled...

...but to no avail.

What? Cadence jiggled the door knob around frantically. It wouldn't budge. She glanced anxiously over her shoulder, hearing Connor's footfalls very close behind. No! No, no, no! She pulled at the door one more time, but it was no use. The door was locked, and it wouldn't open from this side.

Her heart-rate picked up even more; Cadence felt like it was going to thump right out of her chest. In a last ditch effort to get away, she ran to a nearby tree and grabbed at the lowest branch. Using her adrenaline rush, she pulled herself up and climbed a few branches higher. She could still see the ground, but she was a good height above, perched on a branch and trying to figure out what her next move should be.​

"We go down to the laundry room on this floor." she said, pointing to a room and the path they would take. the only problem? The only way to get there was through the window, meaning they had to climb on the outside of the walls.