Office Romance

He shrugged a little and looked at her. "Well alright. What's the worst that could happen if he does know the chief of police?" he asked.

"Then the chief reports us to him, I get beaten into submission again, and I doubt anything would happen to you, but if it did, it would only be a warning."

He winced a little as she spoke. "That sounds pretty bad... Alright, I'll think of a new plan..." he said, looking up thoughtfully.

Kieara frowned feeling she was causing trouble for him.

He turned to her, snapping his fingers and smiling a little. "Alright, in all honesty, why don't you just come live with me? I've got room for one more, Gary moved out. I'd like the company," he suggested/

Kieara blushed. "O-oh....um...ok." she smiled as he spoke. "But that seems risky." She said. "What about getting my clothes and things?" She asked beginning to think things through.

He put an arm around her. "I'll buy you new things!" he told her, smiling. "Don't even worry about it!"

Kieara blushed. "Oh no! I couldn't ask that of yuo I will pay for it I just need....a place to stay." she said.

"Fine, let me just buy you one thing," he replied. "I'll gladly let you live with me," Mitch said, smiling.

Kieara smiled. "There's just one thing." She spoke.

"I want you to take me over to my house and park down the street, there is one thing that I need to get."

He nodded hesitantly, "Well, alright. Should we go now or do you want a couple more drinks?"

He smiled a little and ordered a beer, "Alright. I'll finish this and we'll set out!"

When Mitch was done, he paid and led her back out to his car. He unlocked the doors, opened hers for her, then got in himself. "Alright, where do you live?" he asked.

She gave him her address and looked out the window. Once there, she ade him park up the street and got out. She snuck into the house.

He parked a little ways away and waited as she snuck over to the house. While he waited, his phone rang and, without checking the ID, he answered. "Dude! Where are you?" slurred a very drunk Gary.

"I'll go get you later, I'm helping out the girl with work," he replied. Before Gary could make any sort of remark, he hung up and sat back in his seat, waiting.

While Kieara was inside, another vehicle pulled into the driveway, and a large man got out. He went up to the front door, and pulled out keys unlocking the door and going in. Kieara panicked as she heard this. She grabbed what she'd came for, a locket under her pillow, an old photograph, and a small rectangular case. She then opened a window and climbed out before running down the street and getting in the car.