Office Romance

He smiled a little, silently thanking God. "Oh alright... Um... Let's see... What made you want to work in a stuffy office?" he asked, laughing a little.

She shrugged. "Anything to get away from the house." She said to him.

"Oh?" Mitchell raised an eyebrow. "Because you're bored or... Bad roommate?" he asked.

"Both." She admitted. She took another drink and a guy tripped spilling his on her. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He said helping her up. He was genuinely sorry. Kieara spoke. "It's ok, it was an accident." He reached up moving her hair from her eye revealing a black eye. She quickly batted his hand away and fixed it.

Mitchell helped the two of them. "Careful man," he said gently to the guy, ushering for him to go. The young man nodded, apologizing again and leaving. Mitch looked at Kieara, his eyes narrowed. "Did your roommate give you that shiner?" he asked, frowning.

She frowned and looked down. She swallowed then answered. "Y-yes."

He sighed a little, wondering what to do now. He never was one for "saving damsels in distress". He never really know how to "save" them... He looked at her. "Um... Do you want to stay at my place? You probably should tell the police too... But I'll let you sleep over if you want."

Kieara sighed. "I can't. He has connections everywhere including the police." She said. ''And I don't want to bother you, i'm already gonna hear it for coming out with you guys."

Mitchell looked a little taken aback. "I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend? Who is this guy?" he asked, leaning against the counter. He sighed a little. "Look... I don't want you to get in trouble for coming out... Let me take you home now, I'll park a little ways away in case he gets mad for seeing you in my car..."

"He's not my boyfriend he just...." She sighed. "He's obsessed....and he won't let me leave, i'm tired of being under his thumb but I....." she looked down. "I can't get away."

Mitch thought for a while. "Why don't you skip town then? I can drive you... I was going to go visit my sister anyway, she lives a couple of towns over," he suggested. He was a little flustered, not knowing what to do. If she went back, she would get in trouble and, who knew, this guy might even come after him if he saw them together. Mitch looked around nervously, wondering if any of his "connections" were there.

"Don't worry, you're safe." She said to him knowing what he was thinking. She spoke. "i....I can't put you at risk like that."

He sighed a little. "Well... I'm going to have to put myself at risk..." he told her. "There's no way I can't do nothing about this, y'know?"

Kieara looked up to him. "What?" She asked confused.

"I'm going to help you, alright?" he said, rubbing his neck nervously. "I don't know how, but I'll help get you out of this situation."

He sighed a little, "Yeah yeah, I know. Aren't you already though, by coming out with me. Not to be rude, honest. And besides, do you expect me to sit around while some guy goes around giving you black eyes." As he spoke, Mitch's slight Scottish accent began resurfacing, but he quickly corrected himself, clearing his throat a little.

She giggled cutely and gave a charming grin loving his accent what little bit he allowed to show. She spoke. "I suppose not, what do we do?"

"Well... You say he knows people in the police? Do you know if he knows the police chief? We could go straigt to him, ask him to keep totally quiet," Mitch suggested, taking a sip of his drink. He blushed a little when he heard her giggle.