Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with @Sarokhor on this one. Luke's powers are just OP when placed among all the others. I get that he's been practicing for years and everything, it's just that the potential for godmodding is very high and has already happened and for a good RP experience no one wants it to happen again. Maybe because telekinesis and energy manipulation apparently have so many other powers attached to them he should just get one of those and not both? I don't know, I'm not the mod.

Also with Sarokhor in the fact that I don't want to start another fight. I believe I've said my peace now and I'm gonna try to make this the last I say on it. @Romdeaux can decide whenever they have time.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Romdeaux @Verona @Sarokhor I guess verona and me need to wait even though our characters are outside? I am looking forward to how things are working out. Getting to know how the students work with the staff and all. Do they tranquilize the students often btw?

Hm. Just had a thought. If they're in a place where it snows in winter, the roof is probably sloped, isn't it? XD for some reason I was imagining it flat, and I shouldn't have put James so close to the edge in icy conditions in nothing but his socks... Oops.

We should probably wait. We've left wingless angel in the dust already since she's busy and I don't want to lose anyone else.

Hm. Just had a thought. If they're in a place where it snows in winter, the roof is probably sloped, isn't it? XD for some reason I was imagining it flat, and I shouldn't have put James so close to the edge in icy conditions in nothing but his socks... Oops.

We should probably wait. We've left wingless angel in the dust already since she's busy and I don't want to lose anyone else.
Yeah, I had forgotten about the storm until you mentioned the snow, lol. @Romdeaux would have to correct us if the roof is flat =.= and we will be forced to edit. Much more fun this way though haha: Ricchon is freaking out about the slippy edge Jameson is currently standing dangerously close to. I have been bereft of sleep this night too, so I am currently on.

Eh. I'll have him sit down whenever i post next so he doesn't fall to his death lol

He joined the Orphanage when he was 7, he is 16 now. and he has done nothing but refine his power over those years. Thats 9 years of practice, and Telepathy is a part of telekinesis. I don't think it would go on for pages, More or less as long as the conversation needs to be... So I'd say at least one page... I don't think it was a freak out... but I DON'T really think @Romdeaux was all there when they made that post either, they did say they was drunk RIGHT after making that post.
I had to stop reading because.

im sorry what?

forgive me but how can luke even communicate with other human beings?

are you telling me a child aged 8-15 had absolutely no social cues. No desire to learn, no school trouble, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, that would have gotten in the way of him being 210% dedicated to his powers?

no.

This is where I cut it out.

im sorry but i shouldn't have accepted this to begin with. I must not have read into it thoroughly enough.

Luke is a TEENAGER.

hell. when he hit 13 I GUARANTEE YOU that he spent at least a couple weeks
MASTURBATING IN BED

Luke isn't a monk. okay?

He's a human being with human needs and human urges. If you want a character that is a stoic master of the arcane, pick a different roleplay.

This is NOT the place for something like that.

I'm fine with keeping everything up to this point in the roleplay as it is, but if you'd like to continue, you'll need to modify Luke's character.

All I see is you using this boy's innate talent or whatever, constant training. to justify OBVIOUSLY broken abilities, that just far outclass everyone else in the roleplay.

take, Alicia. EXTREMELY POWERFUL, almost zero control. Take Eden, almost flawless control, very little actual power.

You need a balance. and you need a character that is at least somewhat human, like everyone else.

Reactions: Sarokhor and Verona
Yeah, I had forgotten about the storm until you mentioned the snow, lol. @Romdeaux would have to correct us if the roof is flat =.= and we will be forced to edit. Much more fun this way though haha: Ricchon is freaking out about the slippy edge Jameson is currently standing dangerously close to. I have been bereft of sleep this night too, so I am currently on.
The roof is flat, but tiered. The main building does have two levels, but the dining room and kitchen are tacked onto the first floor, and are only a single level.

Reactions: Verona
The roof is flat, but tiered. The main building does have two levels, but the dining room and kitchen are tacked onto the first floor, and are only a single level.
How can it be flat AND tiered? o.O This confuses me, but as it is flat, which is kinda difficult to misunderstand, I'll change my posts to fit that fact.

How can it be flat AND tiered? o.O This confuses me, but as it is flat, which is kinda difficult to misunderstand, I'll change my posts to fit that fact.
tiered simply means that there are two flat roofs, one being at a lower or higher level than the other.

tiered simply means that there are two flat roofs, one being at a lower or higher level than the other.
Ooh, I thought you only meant the second floor roof. I see now :) I edited the post you placed a cookie on. Is it okay?

Uh. I only take issue with this edit because James said don't touch me when Ricchon kind of offered help and asked if he was okay, and now that's gone and he seems like even more of a crazy person than he already is.

But I am off to bed now so I guess we'll adjust in the morning or just let it slide. Nighty night.

all is good in the world. maybe mod the edit to fit concerns, but that shouldnt be hard.

I'm Edenposting rn.

And also, I've official unleashed the headmistress as public domain. anyone can write for her. but id like it if we discuss ideas here prior to posting them. so just like, if someone needs to write her in, mention it here, everyone can input if they need to, and then posting can be done.

Reactions: Laivindur
Hm? It didn't go that far back. And...I thought he was only thinking 'Don't touch me...'
Nevertheless: Ricchon waited for Jameson to come back with his stick, stopped him, and didn't care much about his objections because he's the older kid who wants to protect the girls, then they teleported. That's the update now. It's perfectly fine that Jameson barks at him xD
Oh, wait, no, you're right. He lets go of Jameson when they fall on the roof, and he doesn't touch him further. So yeah. =) Just edit a new reaction. No biggie. Nighty night <3

I just kind of changed the reasons for dialogue and left the words the same. James can just be a little loco right now and his temper shows up. The 'don't touch me' is in quotes, so the italics were just emphasis, not him thinking haha at least only Ricchon is around to see him go crazy :P

I think wingless said she'd be busy until tonight or tomorrow, so she's just gotten left behind. We can catch her up when she's got time again if she's still interested :)

I'll return tomorrow. G'night!

So... I've been waiting quite a bit... Should I keep waiting for Luke to reply to Ann or just move on?

I think it would be best to wait. Maximum two or three days wait, isn't it?

[ So yeah, I was bored, found this group and wrote this guy while avoiding sleep. Or perhaps it's the sleep avoiding me. I can never quite tell. Anyway, room for one more weird kid? ]

qtdpUbq.jpg

[glow=cyan][[/glow] The[glow=cyan] [/glow]Lost[glow=cyan] [/glow]Boy[glow=cyan] ][/glow]
"I'm sarcastic because violence is wrong."

[spoili]

narcotics_by_turtle_arts-d7sfv41.jpg

f704cdd07cc04e0eec8670eb3945c1f9-d6l1bvn.jpg

mouse_blood_swirl_by_turtle_arts-d6fbu20.jpg

mousetrap_pg_3_by_turtle_arts-d66gpw7.jpg

60c5d43072168d1b23f7ef57438c3c6d-d7ge6fj.jpg

[/spoili]

『 THE BASICS 』

⇢ Name | Joakim Alexei Hale

⇢ Nickname | Joa, Kim, Scarface

⇢ Age | 15 years old

⇢ Birthday | August 17th​ 1978

⇢ Height | 5'9'' / 175cm

⇢ Hair length & color | Short ashen brown, naturally very wavy which makes it appear always messy and impossible to tame.

⇢ Eye color | Hazel brown with flecks of amber. Due to the color combination it appears often tawny in sunlight, much like hard caramel or English fudge. This compliments Joa well whenever he has that impish twinkle in the eyes, as his eyes tend to laugh far more often than his mouth. In darker lighting it appears dark brown, or while clouded with strong emotions, which is a stark contrast to his more lighthearted appearance; it is like two sides of a coin. But it is said, the eyes are the mirror to a soul, and Joa's are very expressive.

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power | Hemokinesis - Blood Manipulation
Joa's ability to control blood manifested after his sixth birthday. It started with a small cut while playing on the yard, following with "Mum, mum! Come see what I can do!" and ending in the orphanage couple of years later. It would be safe to say after everything what he's been through is that he isn't quite fond of his own abilities. He can manipulate his own blood and its density, being able to create basically any sort of blade from himself as long as there is enough blood to offer in his own body. Of course, this also means that he can form any sort of other objects, and make the liquid crimson move by his will. With controlling his blood cells, he has also learned to quicken the healing of his own damaged tissue. It's quite disturbing in its own way, just as it is fascinating.

⇢ Power limit| Blood manipulation has a large variety of different tactics to experiment on how to use it in the most wicked and nastiest ways; it has a big potential for destruction if fallen into wrong hands. Unfortunately (or fortunately for others), Joa isn't exactly keen on experimenting with it, so his control so far has limited in manipulating his own blood as he has never tried to tamper with someone else's. And he isn't exactly too keen on experimenting on his own blood either, because that means he needs to bleed first. And of course, this means cutting himself to do this. Cutting means pain. Pain isn't fun. Only total freaks like pain, and hell to the no is Joa one of those. He hates pain just as much as the next person, so you don't see this kid walking in the hallways and randomly stabbing himself to do little party tricks with his life blood to impress others. And of course, then there is the fact that a human body contains approximately only eight percent of blood from its own weight, which makes it usually fall between 4,7 to 5,5 liters (1,2 - 1,5 gallons) of blood. All in all, that isn't very much in the begin with. And then we we slap the fact that a human body will start to act up once it has lost over forty percent of its blood, that means that Joa's dosage is less than half of that. Carelessness can mean hemorrhaging, and crossing a line can mean death. Joa may be able to control blood, but he cannot speed up its creation within his body; he must regenerate the blood cells just as any other human being, which is a slow process. The supply isn't endless, and is in fact very, very limited. He has gone to third stage of hemorrhage once, and recovering from that took weeks. Whenever going a bit too far meddling with his own blood, the usual following symptoms are fatigue, lightheadedness and feeling like he is cold no matter how warm he tries to keep.

『 MY LIFE STORY 』

⇢ Biography / /

[ A/N: So... This is long. TLDR; Such drama. Much edgy. Very disturb. Wow. But surprisingly no edge lord? The shit I write in caffeine overdose and sleep deprivation... But hey I got to touch some darker sides of religion when delusional people are involved. A topic many aren't willing to talk about. ]
[spoili]
Every child in the orphanage has a story how they ended where they are today. Most of them do not have a good one, as most of the poor souls were abandoned by their families or the like. A happy story is so rare it's equivalent to an unicorn, and often a cause of jealous scorn from the ones who didn't end up well. But since there are more likely stories about hard pasts, there are three stages of them.

First is the most tolerable and closest to a happy one. Powers manifested. Parents didn't know how to deal, so they turned to find help from people who might. The kid ended up being taken away by the social services. Parents fought to keep the kid, and still loved them, but lost the custody battle in the end.

The second is the mediocre level. Powers manifested. Parents freaked out a bit, maybe even feared the kid. In their fear, they gave the child away to people who knew how to handle it appropriately. This affected the kid's self-confidence which makes the said kid act out, often being the loud ones in the group in the seek of attention. Never knowing their parents, always remembering the fear and judgement. Disowned, written off their records. Now they scream to be noticed, deprived of attention and limelight, having the need to be somebody, anybody. If it's to be the class clown to be noticed, so be it.

And then there is the survivor level. Powers manifested. Parents completely freaked out. Some form of abuse, physical or verbal or both, might have been at play. The kid was treated like some sort of little monster, a freak of nature, an abomination. These kids have had it the hardest. Some of them have few battle scars to show, broken or missing teeth and the like. These ones wear them like angry badges of honor. But these kids are often the ones who act out the most, and they act out like they have a vengeance against the world. It's just a cry out for help. Often these kids are angry because they don't know how else to express themselves after what they've gone through. And these kids are the ones that are often the hardest to love, but who need to be loved the most.

And then... there's Joakim.

Yeah, it was stated that there is three stages of shitty childhoods. And obviously, our little blood manipulator isn't listed in them. So would that make him part of the happy childhood kids? Sadly, he isn't one of them. Joa's story is something entirely different; he gets its very own level in the scale of fucked up.

Joa's family has some North and Eastern European blood. His father is American with British ancestry, but his mother is Swedish and his grandfather Belarusian, which explains his rather interesting name. Religion had always been held in high position in the Hale family, and living in a small nameless town in Virginia where the population is so scarcely spread that you had to walk miles to reach your next door neighbor and downtown consists one gas station and a diner, it isn't at all common that appearances are considered very important. Everyone knows everyone, and it's a competition who is the most God fearing family in town. Sunday churches were the norm, and when Joa was small, he remembers being part of the kid choir. He remembers that his parents would always dress him and his siblings up for the Sunday mass, and then pretty themselves up. Joa remembers asking his dad why he would have to wear a suit to church every Sunday, and him answering; "Son, when you go to meet God, you want to look nice."

And so from early age, Joa came to understand hypocrisy. And in his mind, God was a shallow person who only wanted to meet people who looked nice. So it wasn't really a miracle of any sort that Joa turned bitter towards religion later on. With his scarred body and marred face, he has no business in God's house anymore. God only saves the souls of the beautiful and the normal sort of folk, according to his parents. Both which Joa is not.

So, religion played a big part in Joa's life, and played a huge part in the whole town he lived in. Bible was part of every house hold. Memorizing passages and reciting them from outer memory was considered admirable, and often a valid argument. Common sense or science had rarely to do with anything. But Joa was very young, and didn't really understand much. He only knew that Sunday masses were boring, singing in choir was as fun as it got (which wasn't very fun at all), and the priest was scary when he got very passionate about his preaches. The man would get the same sort of crazy gleam in his eyes like the local village idiot did when he would start yelling about the end of the world. Turned out, the priest and the said loony had more in common than little Joakim had initially thought.

When his blood powers manifested, his parents lost it. They were afraid of what it meant, and Joa remembers his mother praying to God in her bedroom for hours straight. His father would lock him in the attic away from his siblings and the rest of the family. And in the evening, Father Murphy was summoned to study the middle child of the Hales.

The first wasn't so bad, Joa remembers. Just lot of throwing water at him and praying, and rubbing smelly oils on his skin. However, after that Father Murphy declared that the little Hale was most definitely possessed by the devil and needed immediate exorcism if they were to save his soul. It was all down hill from that.

His religious parents bought everything the priest said, lapping it up like Oreos and milk. And the more the Father spoke, the more convinced they were that their son's body was taken over by a demon. And the less they started to see Joakim as Joakim, painting the colors of the devil all over him together with the priest. The exorcisms would last sometimes hours, sometimes days. But they were done to him regularly, but never without the wanted result. Often, Joakim was tied to a bed to avoid him from trashing about and cutting himself in the process, because he mustn't draw any blood or he could hurt them. The people around him would see it as doing what was best for him, to save his soul from Satan himself. But what Joa remembers was torment that just never seemed to end.

He had to go through a lot of different methods. Some of them were less impressive, just having to listen endless passages from the bible. But others... others are the reason why Joakim sometimes still has night terrors, and has dark circles under his eyes due to insomnia. More than often, Father's way to try and drive the demon out was with physical force. Beatings were almost every other week in schedule; canes, fists, soft leather whips. Broke couple of his ribs once when Father got "too manifested by the Holy Spirit" as he claimed to his parents. He was held down couple of times, nearly choking him to death under the weight of a full grown man. Then there was the time he nearly broke out of the exorcism circle and fled, but the Father wrestled the boy down. However, in the midst of the scuffle, they broke a mirror that was part of the exorcism... with Joakim smashing his face into it. What could he say, he was desperate, and tried to utilize his blood to drive the priest off him. This only permanently scarred the young boy's face and gave more drive to the delusional priest's purpose.

The worst was probably when the Father wanted to baptize him with fire soon after the mirror incident. Obviously, it didn't pan out very well, and now Joa's left arm and third of his upper torso from rib cage to shoulder (both front and back) is permanently covered in ugly scar tissue. Whatever made the man think the fire would only burn the demon out and not Joakim's body itself because it was blessed by God, is still a mystery to the boy. To avoid Joakim from dying to his injuries, he had to be admitted to the closest hospital. And of course... the doctors were going to ask some questions.

What happened to his face? What had happened to him to get burned so bad in the first place? Were his ribs broken recently, or why was it that he seemed to be very tender when pressed around the unburnt side of the chest?

Joakim will forever be grateful to that doctor, because he did not only save his life once, but twice by calling the social security. His parents were charged of child abuse and murder attempt together with the priest. Both his siblings and Joakim was taken into custody, and he never saw that nameless little town in Virginia ever again. He never stepped into another church after that either.

However, his siblings turned out to be completely normal kids. Joakim was diagnosed with the supernatural condition of hemokinesis. And thus, the Hale children were separated and sent in their respectable orphanages. Today, Joa hears that his younger sister has been adopted by a nice family in Oregon, and he is very happy for his sister. However, he and his older brother are still in their respectable facilities, but they do write to each other. His brother is almost eighteen, and he should be legally released soon by the government and kicked out to the real world to make a name for himself. Joakim doesn't think he is going to be that lucky.

Joakim has spent a good eight and half years in the orphanage now. He has grown bitter towards the idea of religion, and doesn't take topics of it very well. But surprisingly, he didn't turn out like the most angriest kid in the block looking for a fist fight and a bloody nose. In fact, he hates violence. So he challenges others to duel with their minds instead. He did turn out sardonic, a quick witted young man, with the smile of an imp that promises you that he is definitely not up to anything good. Joa is a mischievous, a bit troubled boy at most, but doesn't mean ill to others deep down. He is sharp minded, and ready worded sort of lad that tends to speak his mind without any sort of filter. His sarcasm is quite scathing, and always delivered without mercy. His straightforwardness may be brutal, but it also makes Joa a very honest boy. If you need a reality check, Joakim Hale is your to-go guy. But if you don't want to know if you really look fat in that dress, then you should probably get another to-go guy.

The scarred boy doesn't let his past or outer appearance define himself. He has come to accept what happened to him, and learned to cope with it. Of course, this has left him mentally crippled here and there which is only a natural consequence to such childhood trauma, but he jokes he needs to give some sort of handicap to all the others or they wouldn't be able to keep up. (And here should probably be mentioned that he carries himself with surprising self-confidence, which of course is false about half the time. And to throw people off, he is quite willing to make self-depriving jokes right after lifting himself on a pedestal. And lot of these said jokes are cringe worthy to those who aren't ready to them, especially the ones where he pulls his shirt collar down and refers to himself as human bacon.) Despite his appearance that can be off-putting to others, he wields a very capturing charisma about himself. Joakim is a good speaker, and he has some wild, fascinating ideas here and there. The ones who learn to look past his ruined looks will learn that under those scars lies a boy with a brilliant mind and a good heart.
[/spoili]

⇢ Themes / /
Imagine Dragons - Roots
Barns Courtney - Glitter and Gold
Delta Rae - Bottom of the River
Rag'n'Bone Man - Wolves

『 PREFERENCES 』

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ -
Soaking in the bathtub a small eternity until the water turns cold.
→ ✓ ✓ - Animals. Animals don't give a shit what you look like. It's real nice.
→ ✓ ✓ - Puns and just overall dry sense of humor. And morbid jokes. Nothing gives him more life than seeing people cringe or roll their eyes.

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ -
Fire. Joa can barely stand candles in the same room. Getting him close to a fire place is impossible. Since the incident with the priest and the baptizing by fire that burned a large portion of his torso, Joa was quick to develop pyrophobia. This is no joking matter.
→ ▣ - Priests. Well, he's not going to pass out in the sight of one, but they make him extremely uncomfortable.
→ ▣ - Churches and extremists. Nothing quite scares him more than having to go through the same ordeal again, even if the logical side of his brain keeps telling him that its highly unlikely.

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ -
Religions overall. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist... It doesn't matter what religion is in question, Joa is quick to turn each and every single one away.
→ ✗ - The sort of kids who are all brawn no brain. Everyone has the right to be an idiot, but these archetypes tend to abuse the privilege.
→ ✗ - People who are quick to judge him by appearance. So yeah, he used to have a pretty face as a kid. Now it's a bit uglier face. And no, no amount of foundation will cover these scars up, just like no amount of foundation will cover that personality of yours, honey.

『 THE PLAYER 』

⇢ Username:
Wicked
is one weird motherfucker.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.