Nickname | <Nickname>

Age | <Age>

Birthday | <Date of Birth>

Height | <height>

Hair length & color | <Hair Length, Color>

Eye color | <eye color>

Gender | <Gender>

Power(s) | <Roll Die. 1/3/6 get 2 powers, 2/4/5 get 1>

Power limit| <what's the stop to your ability, how much control do you have? This is largely age-based, exceptions do exist.>

FillerSpaceFillerSp MY LIFE STORY

• Biography / /
      • [Character's History: Make sure to hint at your character's personality and how you got into the orphanage.]

Themes / /
      • [Links To Theme Music: Limit Yourself to 3 please!]

FillerSpaceFillerSpa PREFERENCES

• Loves / /
    • → ✓ ✓ - [Loved Item, Anywhere from 1-3]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

Fears / /
    • → ▣ - [Fears, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

Dislikes / /
    • → ✗ - [Disliked Item, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

FillerSpaceFilerSpace THE PLAYER
    • Username:
      • [A statement about yourself with your username in bold.]
Thank you for putting that up for me! :-) I'll work on my character(s) today, but may not get them up today. I'll get them up sometime early this week though.

PS: there's no special dice rolling thing right...I'm confused...sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for putting that up for me! :-) I'll work on my character(s) today, but may not get them up today. I'll get them up sometime early this week though.

PS: there's no special dice rolling thing right...I'm confused...sorry

tbh i just included a google link in the thing. "roll a die" should be hotlinked to it.

I am curious. But I don't normally do teenagers.

Well you said the age limit was 2 to 18.

Maybe I'll do a 3 year old. lol.

tbh i just included a google link in the thing. "roll a die" should be hotlinked to it.

OK awesome! I'll post my first character soon and add the others to that post.

Ooh, the thread woke up...

@Romdeaux the BBcode isn't buggy if you click "use BBcode editor" in the top right before you click "post reply", and delete any of the extra tags it put in.

I'll get my character up at some point... are we using a specific type of image (eg, anime / real / drawing) or does it not matter?

2KPUk1fV.jpg

[bg=#29004F]『THE BASICS』

⇢ Name | Teodora Milosevic

⇢ Nickname | Teddi

⇢ Age | 6

⇢ Birthday | 1 November 1987

⇢ Height | She is tiny and stands at around 2'3"

⇢ Weight | Teddi is very light in weight from years in a Serbian orphanage and weighs barely 19 pounds, though she gaining weight and health at a good rate now that she is better taken care of.

⇢ Hair length & color | Teddi's hair is dark brown, slightly curly, and very short. The orphanage plans on keeping it short because not only does she hate it longer it also lessens the risk of someone accidentaly touching her skin while helping take care of her.

⇢ Eye color | Her eyes are a foggy gray brown. She is totally blind so her eyes look clouded over. They are slightly sunken in because she presses on them a lot(A common thing for blind children to do).

⇢ Gender | Female

⇢ Power(s) | Poison Skin- Teddi's skin is like a poison dart frogs. She produces a poison that burns when people touch her(Skin to skin only, it doesn't damage furniture or none people objects).

⇢ Power limit| Poison Skin- Teddi has no ability to turn this off and has to have cloth covering her skin at all times to be able to touch anyone. If someone want to hold her or touch her they can only do it where she is covered or risk burning themselves badly. They can also do it if they are wearing gloves. [/bg]

[bg=#29004F]『MY LIFE STORY』

⇢ Biography |

Teddi was born in Serbia. Her parentage is unknown because she abandoned at birth in an alley. Someone took her took the local orphanage where her powers were first discovered when a worker was badly burned trying to wash her. After that she was ignored even more than normal because the workers were frightened by her.

Teddi never developed properly because of the extreme neglect she faced which is why she is so small and acts differently than most kids her age. She is working through much lower stages of development because she never hit her mile stones as a baby/toddler.

When Teddi was 5(almost 6) an American family adopted her and the orphanage was happy to get rid of her. The family was overjoyed to bring Teddi home, but that joy soon turned to horror when they discovered they couldn't touch their new little girl. Not knowing what else to do the family abandoned her at a firehouse and CPS took her to the Home for the Friendless hoping they would know what to do with her.

Teddi has only been here for 5 months and is still adjusting to being well fed and cared for, though it is different than having a family. She is currently not doing 'school' and instead goes through various therapy sessions throughout the weeks like feeding therapy, occupational therapy, etc in hoped of making her more independent.

⇢ Themes |

Home- Phillip Philips, The Passion Live Version

MORE TO COME

⇢ Extra |

She understands both English and Serbian, though both rather minimally

She is blind, though can see some light. She also is diagnosed with Institutionalized Autism(because of severe neglect and lack of stimulation as a baby she now displays some autistic behaviors)

Teddi has some self-harming tendencies when she gets upset. She'll hit her head or bit her fingers...part of her autistic behaviors.)[/bg]

[bg=#29004F]『PREFERENCES 』

⇢ Loves |
→ ✓ ✓ - Food(She doesn't connect chewing with eating and only eats blends/baby foods)
→ ✓ ✓- Squidgy, her favorite toy is a yellow bath toy shaped like a seal.(She likes toys she can chew on.)
→ ✓ ✓- Her blanket(It is a weighted blanket and helps her sleep better. It was donated to the orphanage by some Autism charity)
→ ✓ ✓- Rattles/musical toys
→ ✓ ✓- Baths

⇢ Fears |
→ ▣ - Being alone(She doesn't really interact with people that much, but hates being left alone)
→ ▣- Being tied up/restrained(In the Serbian orphanage it was common for children to be restrained and tied to the bed to keep them under control)
→ ▣- Yelling

⇢ Dislikes |
→ ✗ - The cold
→ ✗- Her sneakers(She doesn't like them because they make it so she can't feel what's under her feet and she doesn't like the constricted feeling they give her.)
→ ✗- Loud music[/bg]

[bg=#29004F]『THE PLAYER 』

⇢ Username |
@Charlie Vasilyev- What's up? You can call me Charlie...um don't really know what to put here. I like coffee, cheese, and chocolate...oh and wombats are adorable. I mean look at that face ->

2KPE3p1m.jpg

IT'S A LIVING TEDDY BEAR!!!!! :-D [/bg]

(Here's my first character. Others will be added later.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skin to skin only? So the poison doesn't do anything if you harvest it and drink it? Cos I'm pretty sure you can't lick poison dart frogs.

@Charlie Vasilyev; Great scott what is that abomination? Could you please tone down on the colors in your sheet to make it readable for us fellow players?

Reactions: Karakui
Skin to skin only? So the poison doesn't do anything if you harvest it and drink it? Cos I'm pretty sure you can't lick poison dart frogs.
Oh harvesting and drinking is bad too lemme edit it a touch. I meant it doesn't like go through clothing or furniture dressers or anything.

I darkened the purple is that better? Do you need the background pic changed?
Background change would be nice.

Thank you. And the darkened purple is much more seeable.

Background change would be nice.

Thank you. And the darkened purple is much more seeable.
OK changed the pic.

I know the purple was too bright at first I was going to change that anyway(I'm bad at seeing what colors would be too bright so I generally have to edit my form to fix that anyway. :-P)

Is Teddi accepted?

OK changed the pic.

I know the purple was too bright at first I was going to change that anyway(I'm bad at seeing what colors would be too bright so I generally have to edit my form to fix that anyway. :-P)

Is Teddi accepted?
I'm not the GM, lol.

Did I give that impression? Haahahaha

Woops my mistake

Well, you'll have to wait for the GM before we know that :P Personally, I have my doubts though. I know if I were GM, I wouldn't accept it because it's too difficult and not fun to interact with the character and it's bound to get sidelined.

Well, you'll have to wait for the GM before we know that :P Personally, I have my doubts though. I know if I were GM, I wouldn't accept it because it's too difficult and not fun to interact with the character and it's bound to get sidelined.
I have a blind character in my other RP. It's not a sideline character if the writer is strong enough to pull it off and put the character into the limelight.

I have a blind character in my other RP. It's not a sideline character if the writer is strong enough to pull it off and put the character into the limelight.
You read that CS and took the blindness as the main interaction difficulty? Not that the character is a 6 year old with developmental issues and very little understanding of language?

You read that CS and took the blindness as the main interaction difficulty? Not that the character is a 6 year old with developmental issues and very little understanding of language?
You can have a 2 year old character...they don't understand everything said to them.

Teddi is capable of learning and developing she has a small understanding of words because in Eastern European orphanages the kids aren't talked to or anything however that doesn't mean she can't learn to understand a lot more.

Teddi is learning how to understand words and such is completely capable of interacting with other characters. It may be a different type of interaction, but she can interact.

And?

I as a GM look for someone willing to challenge themselves. Isn't about writing to practice and challenge one self.

I think I am going to write an Autistic orphan. So Teddi will have a friend. And I am going to make him high functioning. When I say Autism, I don't mean the unrealistic portrayals on society. But taking from my experiences from my own diagnosis and other people I know and observing behavior.

SO go, sit in the low risk writing corner all you like. I appreciate someone challenging themselves.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
O.K. I think we need to table this discussion and just let the GM decided if Teddi is accepted or not.

Thanks for all of you peoples input I always appreciate when people tell me what they think. :-)

You can have a 2 year old character...they don't understand everything said to them.

Teddi is capable of learning and developing she has a small understanding of words because in Eastern European orphanages the kids aren't talked to or anything however that doesn't mean she can't learn to understand a lot more.

Teddi is learning how to understand words and such is completely capable of interacting with other characters. It may be a different type of interaction, but she can interact.
In the words of a film character "You spent too long worrying about whether you could to stop and think whether you should". Just because you can do something, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
And?

I as a GM look for someone willing to challenge themselves. Isn't about writing to practice and challenge one self.

I think I am going to write an Autistic orphan. So Teddi will have a friend. And I am going to make him high functioning. When I say Autism, I don't mean the unrealistic portrayals on society. But taking from my experiences from my own diagnosis and other people I know and observing behavior.

SO go, sit in the low risk writing corner all you like. I appreciate someone challenging themselves.
There's no set definition on the purpose of writing. Personally, I think the purpose of Roleplaying is for every participant to have fun. I can appreciate someone challenging themselves, but it's different when it's challenging the other people too; some people don't want to be challenged for a whole plethora of reasons. Other people like being challenged, but not to the point that the challenge stops being entertaining. That's where I fit in. I make an effort to include every character (potentially) when I write, but at a certain point, including a particular character becomes too difficult to be worth the time, as I fear the case will be with Teddi.

But, as Charlie points out, none of us are the GM and in the end it's his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.