Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taska Vilna

Original poster

-THE CITY-
March 14, 1993.
-Baltimore MD, USA-

Record snowfall has enveloped the city in a white haze, burying cars, forcing together families and muffling the bustle of city life in downtown Baltimore. Winds howl as they have the past few days outside of "Home for The Friendless" orphanage, windows on the first floor buried, and doors locked. The Children are ushered into the dining hall for lunch, and it is early afternoon by any accurate clock. Orphans by fate like any other, The children are some quiet, some boisterous. This particular group of children is special, however, as they are all of them uniquely empowered. Be it by gods will, or medical providence, they are among a growing population of children across the globe who are being born with extraordinary powers. Some can move objects with their minds, others make themselves invisible, or produce fire from thin air. but they are still just children, growing, learning, unsure and stray. With the discovery of these abilities comes a question of personal worth, of identity and placement. Though, it can be difficult to feel special when your uniqueness is put down and feared by those around you. Such is life for these foundlings, in a world that does not want them, full of people who do not know them.

For much of recent history, this group of children has been scorned and put down since their discovery in the late 1980's. World leaders have taken drastic actions to safeguard their homelands from the unknown; Some are killing off anyone born with powers, others lock them up. U.S. President Bill Clinton, having inherited the issue, has made clear on several occasions that this was a growing concern to national security and efforts to contain and maintain these individuals are currently being put in place. Many children are orphaned, others taken, but any born with these defects are sent to care centers, specialized and designed to house superhuman young.

Today is an ordinary day in the orphanage, because nobody comes to visit.

-THE ORPHANAGE-
The Baltimore "Home for The Friendless" orphanage was originally constructed in 1870 as part of a childcare facility in Maryland and since then it had housed anywhere from one- to two-hundred children. In recent years, following the advent of superhuman young across the world, the orphanage was one of many that were selected and re-fitted, at the request of the D.o.D, to house children that were abandoned or taken into custody as a result of their unique abilities. Since September of 1989, the orphanage has maintained an influx of around 4 children per year, and to date houses 147.

The orphanage is equipped with standardized childcare facilities, including education, non-denominational faithkeepers, a cafetorium, bedding, play areas, gardens, etc. The grounds have been retrofitted with securities both for the defense of the children, occluding intruders that might wish them harm, and for the safety of the staff, in the event of uncontrolled powers. All areas are equipped with magnetically locking doors, able to seal each section of the building independently in emergencies.

Children are scheduled standardized education on weekdays, and self-help for their abilities on weekends. classes are nonspecific and cater to needs on a case-by-case basis.

-THE PEOPLE-
dffd7ff0-bee0-4ade-8939-0fd478b354e3_zpsmx3avi70.png

Eden Eikenboom

2fb9eae2-c94a-4eb7-b35c-612380bbf304_zpsuihy7fhf.png

Teddi Milosevic

040f43fd-0a33-4f0e-a103-13f214041a6c_zpsh0r2acvd.png

Wyatt Whitlock

-SOUNDTRACK-

1. Title Theme: "Lost but not Forgotten"
2. Of Difference and The Others
3. [x]
4. [x]
5. [x]
6. [x]
7. [x]
8. [x]
9. [x]
10. [x]
11. Awfully Nice
12. [x]
13. [x]
14. [x]
15. [x]
16. [x]
17. [x]
18. [x]
19. [x]
20. [x]
21. [x]
22. [x]
23. [x]
24. [x]

-Character Themes-
1. Eden's Theme: "I, of the Storm"

=============O-O-C=============

-RULES-
This is a dramatic, emotional RP. It does not focus around combat or anything like that, while nothing is really 'off limits' do note that the focus is on the characters, development, and story. try not to go over the top with violence or romance, as these are children and teens.
Posting and activity: Try to maintain posting expectations to the best of your ability. Also, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Give the other RP-ers a good post to respond to or we’ll be going nowhere. As for activity, try to be as active as possible. Posting 2-3 times a week kind of active. Being inactive means slowing the others down, this will then lead to the death of the RP. And, we obvious would like to avoid that from happening, at all cost. If you’re going away or won’t be active for a while, do have the heart to inform us.
Inactivity: If you don’t post at least once for an entire week, expect a greeting in the form of PM from me. If I still don’t get a response, then I’ll take this as a green light to remove your character from the RP. If you want to quit, let me know, I won’t bite.
Profiles/ Application: Copy the skeleton, fill it up and post it in the OOC thread linked above. Along your post, roll a 6 sided dice to determine how many powers you’re allowed to have. This is on the honor system, please be truthful.
Powers: Unless you get a 1/ 3/ 6 from rolling a six sided dice, you’re only limited to one power. The ones who rolled a 1/3/6 have the privilege of honing two types of abilities.
Also, powers that involve mind-controls cannot control other characters without the owner's consent. You may influence them but you cannot control one's character. Any other powers that are par to the godly will be controlled and observed from time to time. This is to prevent powers from going out of control.
I'd like to keep the male and female ratio balanced. So when there's too many female characters, you'd understand that I'll need more males. This is to keep the role-play more realistic.

-Character Sheets-

<image 600 w x 450 h>

&title& &title& &title&

FillerSpaceFillerSpace THE BASICS

• Name | <Full Name>

Nickname | <Nickname>

Age | <Age>

Birthday | <Date of Birth>

Height | <height>

Hair length & color | <Hair Length, Color>

Eye color | <eye color>

Gender | <Gender>

Power(s) | <Roll Die. 1/3/6 get 2 powers, 2/4/5 get 1>

Power limit| <what's the stop to your ability, how much control do you have? This is largely age-based, exceptions do exist.>

FillerSpaceFillerSp MY LIFE STORY

• Biography / /
      • [Character's History: Make sure to hint at your character's personality and how you got into the orphanage.]

Themes / /
      • [Links To Theme Music: Limit Yourself to 3 please!]

FillerSpaceFillerSpa PREFERENCES

• Loves / /
    • → ✓ ✓ - [Loved Item, Anywhere from 1-3]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

Fears / /
    • → ▣ - [Fears, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

Dislikes / /
    • → ✗ - [Disliked Item, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

FillerSpaceFilerSpace THE PLAYER
    • Username:
      • [A statement about yourself with your username in bold.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good start. Any ideas for actual plotlines? I had a random idea just now of having the kids pretend to have lost their abilities in an attempt to be released?

Looks like a good start. Any ideas for actual plotlines? I had a random idea just now of having the kids pretend to have lost their abilities in an attempt to be released?
tbh i'm planning for this to be a more emotional/mental exploration kinda RP. it'll be sad, yknow?

plotlines might involve personal emotions involving coming to terms with who/what they are. abuse from outsiders/staff, feeling misunderstood. etc. social plots about a divide among the kids, some who want to hide what they are, and look down on themselves and others, as well as ones who want to prove that they arent dangerous and are just like anyone else. Deep stuff.

Oh I see, so the 'plot' will be more an accumulation of the various interactions than a set objective. I think that sounds best. Much more solid than my idea.

The character sheet confuses me. Is there a none coded type one?

<image 600 w x 450 h>

&title& &title& &title&

FillerSpaceFillerSpace THE BASICS

• Name | <Full Name>

Nickname | <Nickname>

Age | <Age>

Birthday | <Date of Birth>

Height | <height>

Hair length & color | <Hair Length, Color>

Eye color | <eye color>

Gender | <Gender>

Power(s) | <Roll Die. 1/3/6 get 2 powers, 2/4/5 get 1>

Power limit| <what's the stop to your ability, how much control do you have? This is largely age-based, exceptions do exist.>

FillerSpaceFillerSp MY LIFE STORY

• Biography / /
      • [Character's History: Make sure to hint at your character's personality and how you got into the orphanage.]

Themes / /
      • [Links To Theme Music: Limit Yourself to 3 please!]

FillerSpaceFillerSpa PREFERENCES

• Loves / /
    • → ✓ ✓ - [Loved Item, Anywhere from 1-3]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

→ ✓ ✓- [Loved Item]

Fears / /
    • → ▣ - [Fears, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

→ ▣- [Feared Item]

Dislikes / /
    • → ✗ - [Disliked Item, Anywhere from 3-8]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

→ ✗- [Disliked Item]

FillerSpaceFilerSpace THE PLAYER

• Username:
      • [A statement about yourself with your username in bold.]

• Thank You
Reactions: Charlie Vasilyev
Ugh. man The BBCode on this site is so obnoxiously buggy... I really don't like using it..

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
Just read all of it and i love it so far! I'll work on the sheet now!

Ugh. man The BBCode on this site is so obnoxiously buggy... I really don't like using it..
Yeah i know what you mean, every time i used the regular spoiler where you write the title, it always messes up for me, along with other things like tabs. :(

Oh i got two questions real quick, 1. what are the age limits? 2. What year is it?

year is 1993

age limits are 2 to 18
Okay thanks! Btw loved that you added soundtracks to this, and the ones you chose are awesome!

thankssss. I'm still workin on puttin more in.

see how the first few posts feel, i think too.

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
thankssss. I'm still workin on puttin more in.

see how the first few posts feel, i think too.
If you want, if i find anything cool i could send some to you?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.