Nova University

Name: Jeric Cian

Race: Half Wraith, Half Human Warlock

Personality: Jeric is a corrupted soul at this moment in time. Well, somewhat at least. When Jeric was about 18, he became this way, a Wraith took control of him, partially. Now every day he has been having arguments with this Wraith, telling it to leave him alone, to let him have his body back, but the Wraith was intelligent and decided to let the boy use his body. But he would keep having arguments with him over and over about other things, like killing people and destruction of property, Jeric never wanted that.

But what Jeric still forgets every day is that he made a deal with that Wraith, since he seemed quite intelligent. So Jeric goes about his days embarrassing himself, torturing himself emotionally and sometimes physically. And the worst part is, he doesn't know how to control the Wraith.

Study of Interest: Defense of citizens, he wants to be able to protect and keep humanity and other races alive and well from the clutches of a Wraith, so he would do everything in his power to keep any being alive even if it meant death.

Years Attending: He is completely new to the college.

Requested House: Sentinel

Appearance: Without the Wraith like right side, Jeric is completely human, but his father and mother followed the ways of magic. This makes him a Warlock. His right side is completely corrupted by the Wraith that he made a deal with. It looks monstrous actually, but undead at the same time. His eyes are two tones hit right is pitch black instead of white, along with a red iris, and slit like pupil, while his left eye is a shiny silver. His hair is two toned as well, the right half being white, the other being black. His right side is all wilted up, from being dead and all due to a rare disease. The other half looks perfectly normal. He wears bandages over the right side of his body though having them wrap around at certain points of the body at least. He doesn't want anyone seeing what the wraith has done to him. He also wears a long cloak to cover up his image.

Weapon(s): None he uses magic

Magic: Jeric uses lightning and ice magic, sometimes he will use and occasional dark magic that the Wraith has taught him, it is used by the most intelligent of the wraiths.

Abilities: Jeric is very swift at dodging any attack that is thrown his way, but with the Wraith weighing on him, he will lose control of his actions and "freeze up" as he would call it.

He has an ability called Magic Conjoinment, which gives him the ability to absorb other magics that are thrown his way when the Wraith wants it to happen.

Skills: Climbing and tracking. The tracking is mainly due to the Wraith.

History: When Jeric was 17 he gained a rare disease that had numbed his entire right half of his body, he couldn't move, he was bed ridden for months. That was until he started dying, then an intelligent Wraith sensed his near death and decided to make a visit. The Wraiths name was Cren, a dark Wraith that was known for dark deals of the soul more than battle. But that didn't mean the Wraith didn't know how to fight either. The Wraith saw the teenager as a great deal, but the teenager wanted more than a deal, he wanted his life back. Jeric was scared at first, but then grew guts, he had heard stories of the Wraith that possessed bodies of the dead and had stolen the livings souls, so he decided to take this chance. His parents were away for only a little while.

The deal was that Cren the Wraith would take control of Jerics dying right half, but would be able to use that part of his body with free will, when the Wraith was ordered to do so by thought. The Wraith didn't like this, but a deal was a deal to him, so he took it, and has been sitting inside Jerics dying body for sometime. His parents thought it was a miracle, but Jeric knew what it really was.

Jeric then said he would be leaving for the Nova University, to strengthen his Warlock powers, when he really wanted to be able to coincide with the Wraith and get it to change its mind about humans and other races. Maybe the Wraith might even leave his body healed and changed back to normal pretty soon with the help of Nova University teachers.

Name: Henry "The Gravedigger" Steelman

Race: Human, Tinkering Warrior

Personality: Henry is a kind man, though he is old, you would expect him to be cranky all the time. But no, the teacher can be as kind as it gets, but when he goes "military general" mode, he is as rude as it gets. Henry has a policy, well more like a philosophy, that a person is only as good as they make of themself, whether it be through a weapon, or a philosophy of their own. He follows it very seriously. But even though he seems like a tough, yet kind hearted guy, deep down the man feels broken. But his moral of self harm keeps him from hurt his own body in any form or fashion.

Course: Advanced Weapon Creation

Years Teaching: 156

House Requested: Sentinel.

Appearance: Henry is the basic look of a mummy with clothing. The only thing you can see that is not covered by bandages is his eyes. They are not even his to be exact. They are the eyes of a snake. Underneath the bandages are sewn up scars from when his resurrection had happened, and from before that. Back then Henry was a walking pin cushion almost, also known as "The Scarred Man", Henry is physically broken. His hair though, if anyone ever gets to see it, is pure white, scars run along his face all over, as his mouth was partially sewn together as well. He felt the need to wrap himself in bandages so he would feel like a monster.

Weapon(s): An advanced weapon known as the Grave Crossbow, it runs on the autonomatic skill that Henry made it out to be. The weapon uses a magic as well to keep it intact as well. The weapon is a crossbow indeed, but it is more than that, when the magic is used to keep the weapon intact, it is made to be able to shift into a scythe, and when Henry wants the spare end folds out to become what is called a combat shovel. This end is only used in serious battle situations. He also has a large pouch of about 50 crosbow bolts, of different kinds, such as dynamite bolts, even flaming bolts.

Magic: Henry uses a special magic he learned from his old teacher when he was a child called autonomous magic. This magic is infused into the advanced weapon that he created for himself

Abilities: Snake Sight, since Henry had gained new eyes, he has been able to find his target with smell through his nose.

Extremely fast reflexes, after being resurrected, his skills not only remained but tripled, giving him amazing speed and reaction time.

Skills: Tinkering, used for every day projects, or even dangerous weaponry.

History: When Henry was 36 he had died by torture, questioned about the skills of his dead master. Getting no information out of him for weeks they gut him and strung him up on a stake. Then an old man came by and took his body to his laboratory. The old man was crazed, but what he did worked, as he resurrected the dead man with lighting and magic energy that would usually be used for an extremely large automoton. It brought Henry back to life, so he could live on for centuries at a time. This technically made him undead.

The resurrected man saw no glory or happiness from this, because he wanted to be with his masters spirit. So he murdered the old man, not knowing the old man was the one who taught his own master. He flead the city he was in and remained hidden for centuries.

Sometimes he had the want to cause self harm. The man had set up several different ways to kill himself at points, but it was difficult. He set up several different situations. He put a knife to his throat, set up a makeshift guillotine, and more. But the man could not do it because of his moral to not cause self harm.

Then one day when he decided to walk amongst the living in his bandages, he heard of Nova University, and came to it. He graduated from the college, so he felt like teaching at the place himself. Teaching soon became a passion just as much as tinkering was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this works well, I created two characters for this roleplay, the first one is the one I asked @Squee about through PM

@The Creator of Creators

Jeric looks fine but before giving the stamp of approval I want to discuss the bio with Cylcia, who is in bed right now. Personally I'm curious about what may have happened during the 17 years before he became ill.

As far as Henry goes, Advanced armed combat (which I'm assuming is synonymous for Advanced Weapon Training) is already taken by Professor Astrid Jorunn, controlled by @Kestrel but you're free to suggest another class

Also, I tend to treat Resurrection as a dirty word in roleplays, even if healing magic exists (which in this case yes, it does) simply because if resurrection would be possible there would be no risk for the characters, losing any real sense of struggle in the long term. Immortality I'm perfectly ok with provided it isn't superman/goku levels of power, as I believe immortality should come at a cost. I guess what I'm saying is the concept is fine but coming back from the dead is a no go for me personally, especially when the Wraiths exist out of death, as we discussed.

Yeah... I have soms rather specific ideas on advanced weapons classes. Though maybe he can teach crafting magic weaponry like his own? Or teach the use of magic infused weaponry in specific? Those won't be covered by Astrid.

As for a possible counter to healing, given the mummy idea it doesn't feel like a stretch calling the guy undead. This could bring a whole slew of weaknesses to counter the benefits. Vulnerability to fire, holy items, exorcism, salt, etc. It should balance out nicely.

Last edited:
Well, Henry was actually one of my first ever characters I created, just redone, how about I add a little more detail about how the bandages and place were he was resurrected were charmed, to keep wraiths from discovering what went on and how he is technically undead, but yet still living, kind of like Frankenstein's monster is technically undead

And I can change the course to Advanced Weapon Creation instead

@The Creator of Creators I will chime in on your bios a bit later, just posting something so I don't forget to ask or else I would read them and respond right now. But, alas, not the best time for me at the moment.

And what I wanted to be sure to ask was:
@Yaoi Master Gavin Because your bio sets Mishra Ayrie up to be so unpredictable and honestly, a bit scary, I have been having fun making my student (Genny) a bit fearful of him, although she cannot quite figure out why, as she is typically a calm person. My question is, do you have any plans for him to act in a way that would make her fear justified? (ex. "showing his sadistic side" towards a student or other innocent person(s) [player or non-player]) If so, I would love for you to let me in on it, so Genny could have a vague premonition about it. At this point he just makes her very nervous.

I know I mentioned it differently, I started thinking about my own bios and can I change Markus' a little? I started liking the whole thing of him having to use illusion to make himself look like the boy he's pretending to be. It would make a little more sense with his small magic abilities and could cause some interesting moments later if he slipped up or something and someone figured out he wasn't who they thought he was

I approve of this idea

@The Creator of Creators Undead would be better, just remember he's 343 older than the university itself.

As for Jeric, I think it's very interesting that even though the wraith has taken control of him to some extent, he is still optimistic (perhaps naive) enough to think he could change the wraith's mind. I think that speaks a lot for his character. I see a lot of potential for interesting happenings with this character.

A couple things to pick on with Henry. Under Abilities you said "Snake Sight, since Henry had gained new eyes, he has been able to find his target with smell, the sight of a snake." I think it's a bit odd that he gains better smell when he gets new eyes. Snakes don't smell with their eyes, if anything it could be a forked tongue. I understand what you mean by him seeing with smell, as smell is much more useful in snakes and it could be considered a primary sense, but he still wouldn't be able to do that with his eyes unless you go into a bit more detail about how that happened. I also agree that resurrection is a bit overpowered. I'd prefer if there was a way around making it possible in this world. An idea for that, if you absolutely must have him to have died and returned, is to make it so that it is no longer possible. For example, you said that now the man who did the resurrecting is now dead. Maybe he was the only person with this power? I don't have the details worked out, but just an idea. Finally and very petty, he hated the fact that he was still alive, and wanted to return to his master. Yet he has dealt with it for so many years. Excuse me for being crass, but, why hasn't he killed himself? Unless he is actually immortal and can't die, it seems like he would have done that, since he's lived so long with that pain. Just a thought.

Maybe the new eyes had the nerves and chemical receptors necessary to "smell" things?

My suggestion would be that the eyes are actually, appearance wise, snake's eyes and that he's actually gained the scent receptors available to him, as a snake would have, to be able to smell like a snake.

Both of the above are acceptable, I'd just like the explanation.

Sorry for not explaining some things I was posting last night and was actually tired due to my medicine, which causes drowsiness for me, I wasn't thinking about the explanations. As for the reason why he hasn't killed himself, he has the moral to not cause self harm, it is a very strong moral he holds. The idea of the resurrection itself, was so painful for him, it caused him to put a knife to his neck, string up a noose, and even set up a makeshift guillotine at points, but he can never do the actions due to his moral, I should have put that in the personality section as well as the history. About the Snake Sight, a snake can barely see, but they need the aid of a second sense to do so, his second sense to help him, that would be the sense of smell through his nose, I should have added all of that, I am sorry for my ignorance of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, sounds good. No need to apologize for any of that, by the way. Sometimes we just don't think of things until other people point it out. In fact, I invite anyone to critique my own characters an posts as well if they notice something that seems odd. I like that his morals keep him from suicide. It adds a level of depth to the character.

Gotta love those characters that have internal struggles.

That you are, I'll edit you into the main post later...need coffee now D: