Nova University

Alright well, I am going to edit my recent post with Jeric now so that way I can put Grey into the ic thread.

NPC Summaries...

Name: Saethos Lortalor

Race: Human

Personality: Very much a social drinker, Saethos is loud. He likes to sing sea shantys from his days in the marines, if anything, he is one of the best at "singing out his ropes". Saethos has spent much time at sea, which has given him a strong stomache and immunity to weather changes, calling even the mightiest of hurricanes leisure weather. Seeing Saethos sad would be impossible as he doesn't allow himself to get sad, being with Saethos is a constant party always bringing smiles to all faces.

Appearance:
photo.jpg

Weapons: A Halberd dubbed the "Halberd of Lord Eon" which would best be described as a colossus sapphire colored weapon designed to cleave through even the toughest of armor

Magic: Aura magic, he can resist either magical or physical attacks in short bursts

Brief History: Originally Saethos was taught by and served the local guard from his hometown where he lived his whole life. The captain of his squad betrayed his men on a Wraith Raid and left them for dead, but Saethos fought to stay alive and brought back 3 bodies with him, only one of which survived and with permanent damage. Hurt by the news of her fiance being dead, Saethos' loved one had taken her own life only 13 hours before Saethos came in, causing him to drown his sorrows for almost 2 years until he became a marine. Now retired, Saethos captains a ship that carries students to and from Fardhus for missions and semesters.

Name: Virgil Khadistasya

Race: Human

Personality: Virgil keeps to himself, pushing away those that manage to get close to him. With an unscarred body Virgil instead has a scarred soul, his eyes show pain, but reveal hope.

Appearance:
animedeath.jpg

Weapons: None

Magic: In essence, Virgil can recover from any sustained injuries, however the process takes much time, and some injuries are extremely painful to recover. This power comes with an immense vitality, making capable of sustaining wounds more severe than most could survive. This is mostly due to his body being able to spontaneously regenerate blood, but spontaneous regeneration is only done with his blood. His other injuries take much more time to heal, however, if need be, he can regrow limbs entirely. The process of regrowing body parts is a long and painful process, taking up to 13 months to fully recover an arm, 9 months would be required to use the arm, but it would be limited until full recovery. The regrowth process grows bones first, but quickly lines it with tissue. The next part grown is the nerves, causing him to feel every inch of the burning and hellish pain of his own recovery. This goes for just about any wound, as regeneration becomes a double edged sword. The pain would drive any normal man mad, the only reason he hasn't is because of his long sustained life. The power also prevents his skin from tanning, as most cases of tanning is the body darkening the skin to protect against the sun, but with his regeneration abilities, his skin has no need to tan. Lastly, this also prevents him from aging past the appearance of a 40 year old, typically appearing 35.

Damage Swap: With this ability, if he manages skin-to-skin contact he can transfer the injuries someone has sustained to himself, effectively healing the target by damage himself. This can also work backwards.

Brief History: Not much is known about Virgil other than the fact that he has been employed by the University since its founding. He is the person that gets called for a students serious injury. Stab wounds and concussions are better reserved for Doctors, Virgil is only called when life is in danger. He will sacrifice his arm to give a student theirs back, but he will not take injuries the student can survive. His face is rarely seen as he does not live on school grounds, but those who have seen his face are very thankful.

Name: Gordon Lawrence

Race: Ranashi

-Ranashi are a race that look perfectly humanoid, however, their internal anatomy is slightly altered. Their skin is also made of a series of fibers that are harder than normal skin, acting as a thin sheet of protection. This also causes their skin to have a slight gloss to it that is only visible from up close. Internally, the Ranashi have their nervous system follow their circulatory system. While the cerebral cortex and the location of all thoughts and emotions are still located in his head, the cerebellum is a string that lines his spinal cord. This causes reaction time to be intensely fast. The respiratory system is also much more efficient than humans in this race.

Due to the nature of the cerebellum not taking as much space in the head, the cerebral cortex is larger, causing them to learn other languages faster than humans can. This also does result in a higher extremity of emotions. When a Ranashi is angry, they get quite angry easily. These emotional extremities can often hinder or aid their actions in daily activity.

This species also has a climate preference of it being warmer out. Most of their race can be found enjoying the dry and hot weather where their tough skin would insulate them from any intense temperatures. This is because the Ranashi have superior respiratory system allows them to cool themselves faster as well as it does to transfer heat. This also helps them stay active and hold their stamina for longer periods of time.

Personality: Gordon is an easy going man, he will let small things that don't irritate him too much slip by. His typical reaction to insults are as simple as smiling or laughing. His sense of humor is rather dry, usually involving the comical insult of someone else as a joke. He loves to have a good time laughing and usually enjoying a good hard drink. When it comes time to get serious he still cannot be seen getting completely serious, as it is his firm belief that in order to stay alive in battle you need to forget you are in battle in the first place. Despite his combat experience, he is not the smartest of people. His battle instincts are what mainly drive him due to his race having a certain sense for combat.

Appearance: Much like humans have normal hair colors for their race, the Ranashi have theirs. Most Ranashi have snow white hair or deep black hair. In Gordon's case he has the recessive genes of having a head full of snowy white hair. It is trimmed and layered to roughly shoulder length, though is shorter in the back. Due to years of physical training, his muscles have been toned to show through his tough skin. Just like most Ranashi, Gordons skin seems to shine from an up close view. His eyes are a sky blue as well. Picture posted in the spoiler tag.
normal_normal_ec35_master_bimo_1re.jpg

Weapons: Gordon will carry a sword for the most part, but on his back he also carries a standard iron crossbow with up to 15 bolts at a time. The sword is just a standard sword, but he uses it masterfully. The crossbow has a range of 600 yards (560 meters) maximum, but at that point the accuracy is very difficult to hit.

The sword used looks like the one in the image. Just a standard 3 foot 8 inch blade on a handle looking like typical cross form of a guard and is 2.5 hands in size. There is nothing fancy about the sword, it's just a typical knight sword.

The crossbow that is held onto his back is held on by a pair of breakable hooks. The hooks n the back of his armor or designed to break if anything got a hold of them so no enemys could use them to snare him. The crossbow itself has a wooden body but the aim, loader, and the bow aspect of it is all made of steel. It is loaded with standard bolts, wooden body with an iron tip that has been sharpened.

Abilities: Because of his armor he can't jump very high or run very fast, but his memory is photographic. If he sees something, it is hard to forget. Some of the things he has seen he rather would forget.

Gordon is also one of the most skilled mapmakers ever to be seen. This is mostly because of his memory.

Bestial instincts can drive Gordon. His race, while not very beastlike, can act as one when needed. If Gordon is ever stuck in somewhere and he doesn't know where, he follows his instincts, although this doesn't always prove effective. The Ranashi instincts act as an internal compass, though not necessarily telling north from south, but moreso telling which direction feels to be the correct one to reach the destination. Putting a Ranashi in a maze that is very keen with their instincts would cause the Ranashi to easily solve the maze given.

Brief History: Gordon was raised by a loving set of parents, his mother was a midwife and his father was military captain. The hot desert country of Isephed acted as home for many Ranashi and also as protection from wraiths as it was difficult for the Wraiths to grow their forces when there was no life for such vast distances for them to spread. Traditionally this military employed students from Nova University to help do their part in teaching the students. Gordon eventually took his fathers place as the military captain and is now happily married, he does a considerable amount of hiring from Nova University just as his elders did, and will be seeing many students this year. He is technically employed under Nova University as a chaperone however it is not a formal employment, however he can be found listed under Dragoon House as a chaperone if you look deep enough in the paperwork.

Last edited:
@GreatWest I haven't heard from you, is everything ok?

Alright I have edited the post, this way @CylciaAlyann may be able to see it and add on to the next post that includes Amberlyn in it.

@Squee Is this..., the Five?

@Yaoi Master Gavin No, the five are Arukab, Virgil, Saethos, Lunaria, and Perseus. Though it wouldn't be ridiculous to believe the other two lived in this world...*smirk*

Whelp, I know one storyline. After all, look who else found his way in here. [Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]

@~Death~ Okay, you're all set. Aaron can be in Dragoon if he wishes. Although, since the school usually only does the personality test that determines best house for the first-years (again, think Harry Potter house system) we decided that he had to retake the test on special request in order to change over. With that said, you're ready to post when you want!

@The Original Gravedigger I saw that and posted accordingly.

Glad to see we're getting some interactions now. :D

Can someone start an interaction with me at some point? My character isn't really one to start conversations herself so I don't really have anything to do but read for a while.

@GreatWest I haven't heard from you, is everything ok?
Hey! I'm so sorry I disappeared suddenly like that, things kind of got busy in here and I myself wasn't counting on it. Luckily, I haven't posted anything so I whatever I missed my character missed too lol but maybe it would be better to discuss when's the best time for her to enter, since she's a teacher and all. Maybe, I don't know, she was on vacation and just got back. Just an idea, I don't want her to just pop up all of sudden. But that's just me, if you think something else would be better, I'll follow it.
And once again, I'm so sorry. Damn real life ;-;

Nothing's really happened yet, they're still doing the whole feast thing as far as I can tell so she could just slip in quietly having overslept or something.

Nothing's really happened yet, they're still doing the whole feast thing as far as I can tell so she could just slip in quietly having overslept or something.
@GreatWest This. I planned this feast to be sort of a buffer zone so I can see who posts at what rate. I'm a 3-5 times a week poster myself, but I feel it's important to get a handle on how often everyone else posts.

As Klalia is an elemental she could just be out enjoying the nice weather and lost track of time.

I'm usually 1-4 times a day depending on the speeds of others but like I said earlier I don't really have anything to do until later anyway since I don't really have any idea what to post beyond "she ate some food."

@GreatWest This. I planned this feast to be sort of a buffer zone so I can see who posts at what rate. I'm a 3-5 times a week poster myself, but I feel it's important to get a handle on how often everyone else posts.

As Klalia is an elemental she could just be out enjoying the nice weather and lost track of time.

I see, well, I'm glad nothing really important happened yet. I'll have a post up asap. Also, usually I post daily, but there might be weeks when I'll post 3-4 times. So, if nothing happens in real life, I will be able to post at a daily rate.

About the same, here I usually wait patiently, and post whenever I another can post, sometimes around 3-4 times a day

I, for one, have had to drop out entirely from roleplays because of people I was interacting with rushing me to get 6-7 posts a day, which I simply can't bring myself to do. Time constraint isn't an issue, I just like to move at a slower pace, clearly. It gives me time to think and such.

I try to move as fast as anyone else is going so I pace myself accordingly, but if I feel it's going too fast and I'm having problems introducing new things, I'll start writing confusing things into my posts so people have to think longer.

I personally could not do multiple posts a day regularly. So, please don't expect me to. I'm a graduate student so there will be days I'm sitting home doing nothing all day, and times where I'm struggling to get all my work done, let alone have time for making a thoughtful contribution to the roleplay.

@Ruko I assume you don't mind me bringing you into the scene with Genny and Markus. I will figure something out.