Nova University

It would be highly appreciated :D

All set. I wasn't really sure what to say, so that's what I went with. Lol. Love the new image by the way.

Thanks :D Now to find Gen-thingy's app (I ain't trying to spell that without reference :D) so I can actually describe the person that started talking to her :D

In case you haven't found it, it's on the first page. xD And yeah, even though Genevieve is an actual real-life name, I have to double check which way I spelled it almost every time.

It's OK it didn't come up for me to have to spell it :D Kinda alarming that I forgot my own character's name while writing it though. I had to check my own app :D

That's why I always link to each character app in one of the first three posts. Makes it convenient.

I won't be posting until someone interacts with my character. I find it pointless to keep posting when there is no one to rp with. Son until then, ill be reading the posts and will only post on her until there is interaction.

Guess you're doing what I was doing then :D You could always initiate interactions. I'd usually do so, but my character this time isn't the kind of person to do so with people she doesn't know.

Look at that, I POSTED! HALLELUJAH

@CylciaAlyann I hope you don't mind Klalia interrupting Amberlyn's little run towards the infirmary, I didn't know who to interact to ;-;

I will be busy for the next few days so will refrain from entering until later if thats okay. My character was a chaperone so maybe since its the start of the year there isn't too much for her to do yet? She could also just be the slacker she is and be late for the semester lmao

@Haydée Yeah that's fine, Chaperones wouldn't need to be there and it'll be a little bit before missions start, though your character is free to interact with anyone and possibly drop by in classes once they start. The feast will be coming to a close either tomorrow or the day after, very slim chance of it being today, just depends on how the postings go, which means tonight I need to get class schedules done. I'll keep it simple.

@~Death~ I'm assuming it's against your characters personality to approach another person for conversation, which is why you will be waiting for another person to approach you. That being said, there are other ways you can start interaction than walking up and talking. For example, there is quite a commotion going on outside the hall if your characters would be curious to see what is going on. I would have no problem interacting with any of your characters to get you going, but I'm already sort of in the middle of things at the moment. Either way, hope you find a way to join in soon.

@GreatWest I have no problem with that, although you'll have to excuse her quick exit. Also, it is not in her personality to correct Klalia at this time, but Amberlyn is not, nor has she ever been married. So, technically she's not a Mrs. but rather a Ms. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or purposeful, but in case it was a mistake I wanted to clarify to you.

Class schedule on post three. Quick link: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/nova-university.92323/#post-1849999

If you have any objections for your time slot or location, I don't mind changing it around your characters. But if you do want anything changed, speak up as soon as possible. The susbstitute tab will be the teacher to sit in if the main teacher is out as a chaperone, so it's just there for curiosity sake, I doubt many teachers will want to go as chaperones very frequently.

I would also like to point out that this only exists so classes go in a logical sense and everyone is on the same page, so one person doesn't go to advanced magics 6 hours after someone else does...Basically it's more like a reference than anything else.

Last edited:
2 things: Isn't that school day ridiculously long? Also, why are combat classes held inside..?

@GreatWest I have no problem with that, although you'll have to excuse her quick exit. Also, it is not in her personality to correct Klalia at this time, but Amberlyn is not, nor has she ever been married. So, technically she's not a Mrs. but rather a Ms. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or purposeful, but in case it was a mistake I wanted to clarify to you.

Oh, hold on. That's a thing? Damn, I didn't know. Sorry, English is not my native language and there's times it still plays tricks with me, like this one. Oh well, the more you learn. I thank you for correcting me, I have been making a fool of myself for years and without even knowing lol

@Squee Damn, I think I won't be able to be online at that time. My time zone is completely different from the most of you guys', 10:45 am would be 12:00 ~ 1:00 am where I live, if I'm not wrong. Unless you're using Japan's time zone, which I doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things: Isn't that school day ridiculously long? Also, why are combat classes held inside..?
The school @CylciaAlyann goes too has classes that late o.o And the armed combat classes are held inside the same room that has a very large open area, but also has direct access outdoors. While advanced combat may want to train during a torrential downpoor, an inside alternative free from the weather for the basic class is helpful, although most actually lessons will take place outdoors, at least for Arukab. Same idea as what I mentioned in Kregos post, while there is a classroom indoors, most direct combat classes such as both magics and both armed combats, have outdoor areas as well.

@GreatWest I would have no idea English wasn't your first language...

EDIT @GreatWest It's time in-story, not in real time

Last edited:
@Ruko Most colleges (at least, where we are from) have evening classes, generally for students who work during the day. I've had classes that let out at after 8pm before. It shouldn't be an issue since you can pick and choose which classes to attend, so you won't be in class all day.

@GreatWest Ha, you learn something new every day. Your English is great, by the way. No need to apologize.

I don't attend university myself, so I was assuming they ran on a similar time system to colleges and high school. It would make sense to have evening classes though. And I'm pretty sure you can get through the entirety of university without attending classes, can't you? Provided you show up for exams etc.

Colleges and universities are very similar, both typically having evening classes. The difference between a college and university is only whether it offers graduate and doctorate programs (colleges don't, universities do). High school does not have evening classes (obviously), as you have to stay all day for mandated classes.

As for attendance, that depends on teacher policy. Some (most) teachers I've had have had rules like miss 3 classes, subtract one letter grade. Others believe that if you can skip class all semester and still pass the tests, more power to you and you should be allowed to do that as long as you aren't cheating on the actual test. That's highly dependent on the teacher, the department, and the school itself though.