Nottinghamshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How did your character act as child?
She's a quiet person, quite "matured" for her age. She does not really interact with others, preferring to be with her books. She also prefers to be where the adults are, thinking herself to be as one of them. She is responsible and does what is told of her.

2. Does your character hold anything or anyone dear?
Her books. She believes that her books are her only friends, companion, e.t.c. She would go angry when she find her books missing.

3. How did Robin Hood impact your character's life?
She had never met him, but always had heard wonderful stories about him. Even though she find him reckless and daring, she had aspired to be like him; one who fights for the oppressed and the less fortunate.

{I hope that's fine, and I'll be tweaking my cs for a bit. I hope you'll review it}

The little things in the woods reminded Hasse of her childhood. Nothing had really an connection to the past for her but still it reminded her of her child self. She cut some twigs off for a trap with her dagger and kept looking at it. The dagger mostly reminded her of her past, not the forest but the things she used the dagger for in the forest. She sat there in reminiscence while staring at the dagger. She had enough time so she didn't care about losing herself in it for a long time.

As usual she had been roughhousing with her two elder brothers. She was already eight but was not ladylike at all. It made her mother upset, they couldn't effort to feed a girl without manners. They wouldn't be able to marry her off that way. But Hasse didn't care about that, she was just a child and couldn't think further than the next game to play and win. The little in dirt covered Hasse ran to her mother who was cleaning the house. "Mom, mom, look" She showed her mother the wiggling small frogs that were trapped in her close hand. "Look look I went frog hunting with Ed and Teddy. Guess who gaught the most. Me, me!" Exitingly she showed the frogs oblivious to her mothers disgusted face. "That's great for you but you should act more ladylike. Your brothers let you win so it's futile to try to be like a boy, you will never be one." With that her mother dismissed Hasse and continued cleaning. "Oh...." Dissapointed she left the house releasing the frogs. She didn't try to be like a boy neither did she try to be ladylike, but she didn't know better, she could only play with her brothers.

She was eleven now and they were eating dinner, it wasn't much of a dinner and it became less everyday. The food had to be divided among six people, now that she had gotten a little sister in the family. Since little Averill had joined the family Hasse tried to better her act and be like a sister to her. But her nature was different and she still loved to act tough sometimes. The problem was that no one appriciated it anymore. Her brothers were now old enough to help in heavy work and had no time to play with her. Her parents saw her as a nuisiance when she acted like that and Averill wasn't old enough to understand. Her unladylike actions were now punished harsher and it seemed like Hasse was the only one who noticed the awkward silence at the table. No one was talking, only quietly eating their dinner while Averill made some brabble noises. Hasse missed the time they told stories about great heroes in the past, some of them about Robin Hood, there weren't many but there were enough of them. When they would tell stories about Robin she would grab her knife, swing it around and reanact the actions of Robin Hood in the stories. The story was usually followed by Hasse whining and begging to touch the twin daggers or the short sword. The reactions were the same, she would be refused and punished for it. But all of that was better than the deadly silence around the table.

Fourteen felt as an dangerous age for Hasse. Many girls from the village were married off, to either give them a better live or simply for the money. She knew that she wouldn't be an exception, her sister wouldn't be either. She didn't want to think about it, that either she or the sweet Averill would be married off simply for the money. Hasse had started to take care of her sister, hoping to give her an better example than she got to live an better live. Her mother seemed happy about it, Hasse seemed to had left her tomboy self behind and it started to rub off on Averill. But what mother didn't know was that she was still far from being a lady. At night she always grabbed the twin daggers and practised with them, attacking, defending, stabbing, slicing and most important switching them off. It had become a skill she was good at and she doubted that anyone could beat her in it. Not that she could challenge anyone.

After playing with Averill Hasse went inside to do her chores. She stepped in the familyroom and halted. Her mother was sitting at the table together with a strange man. Her mother didn't look concerned, more like she was relieved. "Mother... Who is that man?" Her mother had a gleefull smile as she looked at Hasse. "Hasse this man will take you to your new home, he is the brother of you new husband. They already payed the money so you can't refuse. Grab your things and be ready to leave." She couldn't believe this, this was it the moment she feared and she started to act on impuls. She squeezed Averills hand that she was holding. "Has... it hurts." Averill tried to pull herself loose but Hasse had already let go. "It's only for the money, isn't it. That's why you are so happy, aren't you. Well mother if that's all than I will give you your money." She stormed up the stairs, into her parents room and grabbed the sword and the daggers. She also grabbed some clothes, they were her parents so they were big but Hasse guessed she would grow into it and put it in a bag. Her mother had an angry look when she came downstairs, probably of her behaviour, but it turned into suprise when she saw the weapons. "Hasse, what are you planning to do?" Hasse looked at her mother. "I told you, I will get you money. I will just be like Robin Hood and get it for you. But even if I do it for you I will stab you if you try to make me stay." She walked to the door and saw Averill. For a moment she considered taking her with her, to spare her the same fate. In the end Hasse quickly left with a just quick pet on Averills head and just in time to avoid her supposedly husbands brother. She ran out of the village and into to woods into hiding.

Hasse was back in the forest looking at the dagger. She was wondering how her family was doing. How Averill was doing, her sweet little princess. She was of marriagable age now. She regretted her choiche of not taking her but didn't regret it either. Instead of becoming robin Hood she had become a simple thief and ambusher. She shrugged it all of her and continued with her task of setting a trap.

(I hope this isn't too much and that it anwsers the questions. If you don't want to read it all here are the anwsers like a quiz.

1. How did your character act as child?
Hasse was a real tomboy as a child

2. Does your character hold anything or anyone dear?
Her little sister Averill.

3. How did Robin Hood impact your character's life?
She heard stories about them and she wanted to be like him. To save her family, herself, but especially Averill.

Well tell me if something isn't clear ^^)

Reactions: Lylith
@Nuria Alva

Plant Manipulation, cool. Love Manipulation? I don't think so.

You know how in like stories with fairy godmothers and genies, when the main character is all 'Make them love me!' and said magical creature is all 'No hun, do it yourself'.

That's gonna be how it is here.

Also, I tried to look past the whole 'little presence' thing as an excuse to not being caught by the guards but that really doesn't make any sense. Instead of having a love manipulation power you should think about an imperceptibility or something.

@Nuria Alva @Princess of the Teacup
My opinion only counts if Nuria sees desire and the emotion of love manipulation as one power.

I think the manipulation of desire is a good idea, at least partially. She can distract creatures with it. Desire doesn't always have love as an emotion so if you scratch that part than shouldn't it be alright? Take Hasse for example, she loves money; greed. She could be able to make Hasse see rocks or something as money. Desire or emotion manipulation could be possible as long as it isn't love or changes the persons personality. So to be short instead of manipulation, wich means control of it, she could be able to easily use the emotions and desires in her advantage.

Hope my opinion is helpfull in creating and judging the CS.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
True. But aminokinesis is a power to control the emotion of love and also desire.

http://camphalfblood.wikia.com/wiki/Amokinesis
http://truepsi.wikia.com/wiki/Amokinesis

That can be changed though. It can be more of, I can make them think they love me. Or like @loviebeest said, just that, desire.

And I can change the excuse as that, I use amokinesis on the guards. Once this is finalized, I'll change my cs.

Or, for both of it, instead of amokinesis, it becomes misdirection.

@loviebeest @Princess of the Teacup

Timothy was impacted greatly by robin hood as a descendant of Little John, he stole from a few nobles when he was younger giving to the homeless, he once had a crush but he couldn't tell her since she was a noble

Am I the only one who had planned to write the characters background out so big or is someone else planning to. I feel like I have been played for a fool with everyone writing so little. (>:I).....

@loviebeest

No no! I wanted as much detail as possible and you gave me just that! You provided information on the psychological depth of your character and you also provided opportunity for character development. It's awesome that you wrote so much! :D And the form in which you wrote it, makes it quite an enjoyable read!

• Thank You
Reactions: loviebeest
I'll put my answers up tomorrow evening. Just got home from a trip out of town.

I'm so very sorry but I'm going to have to terminate this rp. I have been very busy and I am trying to not become inactive. I have a problem where I make a bunch of rps but then I don't follow through with half of them. So I am dropping out of and terminating a lot of rps, so that I can focus on big ones.

I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.