Not Even The Gods Above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niall's face dropped, and he lowered his eyes to the ground. "Oh. Ok." He muttered, feeling absolutely humiliated and embarrassed now. This was the worst feeling in the world, and his suspicions were confirmed. "Is it because of Zayn?" He softly asked.

Henry felt so terrible. This was what he'd wished for for so long, and it killed him to know he'd hurt Niall. "I-I still like you, Niall, a lot-" he blinked when Zayn was mentioned. He exhaled. Niall deserved a real reason, not a lie. "Y-Yeah. I've...I've had crushes on the both of you for the longest time, b-but last night he admitted he had a crush on me too."

"I'm too late then." Niall quietly said. "I'm just kicking myself for not doing anything about it after we kissed that one time." He glanced up at the Bradford boy. "I may have been tipsy, but I can hold my alcohol and I remember what happened that night."

There was a small silence. "You...you remembered it? I-I thought you'd be freaked out if I asked you on a date. I'm sorry, I-I'm too cowardly, it was my fault." Henry whispered guiltily.

"Henry, you're an amazing guy - you're sweet and sensitive, and I've only ever met one other guy who makes me feel like you do. You Bradford bad boys make my heart flutter like nobody else. I've been crushing on Zayn since X Factor, and on you since Zayn introduced us to you when we went to visit Bradford in 2010." Niall sighed, and leaned up on his tiptoes, gently kissing Henry's cheek. "I thought you wouldn't think twice about dating me."

Once again, Henry felt like this was some sort of strange dream. Niall had been crushing on both himself and Zayn? He felt his cheek flush where Niall had kissed, a sad smile forming. "Of course I wouldn't think twice, I'd have accepted you the instant you asked me out. I wish I'd had the guts you ask you myself, I should have when we kissed that night." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I wish I'd had the guts to ask you or Zayn out earlier." Niall sighed, and leaned against the brick wall they stood beside. "So what now? Just friends still?" Niall was almost sure he could physically hear his heart cracking bit by bit.

Henry was astounded- he'd heard all the rumours that Niall was hanging around with beautiful models or was madly in love with some terrifically attractive Irish girl from his childhood. He sighed.
"I...I guess. I mean, you really wouldn't want me anyway. T-The newspapers...they said you were dating, and every girl in the UK would gladly he with you. Me? I'm just ugly and useless, you don't want me. I can't sing, I can't dance, I don't party or get along with people particularly well...you really could do better than me, and so could Zayn."

"Yeah, but you're sweet, and kind, and you've got great judgement about people except yourself - you are an amazing listener, and I'll be you're amazing to make love to." Niall blushed a little. "I'd feel like the luckiest person in the world to date you."

Henry blushed darkly at the compliments, suddenly moving to pull Niall into a tight hug. He squeezed the boy close for a few moments and kissed his cheek chastely, before finally retreating.

Niall blushed at the kiss and he ducked his head bashfully. "So....you and Zayn, yeah? I kinda guessed when I accidentally walked in on you two making out in the hotel room yesterday evening." He confessed. "To be honest, it was kinda hot, but Zayn doesn't like me as anything more than a friend."

Henry's cheeks turned even pinker, and he was sure he resembled more of a tomato than an eighteen year old boy. "H-Hot?" He verified meekly. He couldn't help the next confession, he only realised it wasn't his secret to tell once he'd done it. "Zayn fancies you too, he told me yesterday..."

Niall's eyes widened to the size of saucers, and his jaw nearly hit the ground. He was struck speechless for a moment by this fact. Finally he spoke, " S-seriously?" He stuttered. This was too much to take in at one time.

Henry nodded, knowing there was no use lying about it now. "I wouldn't lie about that, Niall. He really likes you. Yesterday, I told him I had a crush on another member of the band, and he told me he did as well- turns out we like the same guy."

"So... all three of us all fancy each other?" Niall's mind was awhirl with thoughts. "So, Zayn wouldn't mind if I did this then..." He leaned up and kissed Henry's lips, winding his arms around the taller boy's neck.

Henry let out a cute little yelp of surprise when his lips connected with the older boy's, and he very tentativeLy kissed back before parting them with a guilty expression on his face. "...I-it's still cheating, N-Niallers, I-I can't...as much as I-I want to."

"Fine." Niall pulled away, crossing his arms across his chest. "Just forget I ever did that." He whispered before bolting back to the hotel. He ran up and locked himself in the bathroom of their room, tears flowing down his face.

"N-Niall! Come back!" Henry yelled hopelessly, sighing deeply. He returned to the hotel also, knocking on the bathroom door gently.

"Niall, come out...please," He begged. "I-I'm sorry, please forgive me- I can't stand you mad at me."

"I-I'm not mad at you. I-I'm j-just mad at m-myself." Niall quietly cried, hoping they wouldn't wake Zayn up.

Zayn stirred in the bed, trying to find Henry's body heat. He mumbled, "Baby...where you go?"

Henry sighed, then desperately tried to explain. "I just went on a walk with Niall, Z, and he's just a little bit upset." He whispered.

"Niall, cheer up love..."

Status
Not open for further replies.