No Way

Quinn decided to just find a quiet corner to get some sleep. He said this to the group and walked around, settling down and using his coat as pillow and clenching his gun. He did that out of habit but he knew he didn't need to use it now, it just made him feel safe

Sora was tired but she didn't want to sleep, there was still so much to do. She watched as Bella and Blake walked out and Quinn went and settled himself in a corner. She had to remember to think of a proper excuse to tell her parents before she forgot, but even then they probably wouldn't notice until dinner tomorrow, so she had time. Then she turned to miles. "I think I have to go with you anyways, it might seem a little weird if you walk into a store with a card that says Sora Willhaim, because I insist on paying." Realizing that she may have sounded like a pushy snob she quickly but meekly added "... if that's alright with you?"

Miles watched closely as both Bella and Brooke waited for him to decide which girl he would choose to join him. He couldn't see any reason why he couldn't bring them both with him. It could be a chance for them to bond as females. As he was about to suggest that they both come, Bella suddenly stormed away from them. This only reminded Miles of his own behaviour as a teenager, especially when he was thirteen himself. The constant shutting people out. He had found it much easier to be on his own, listening to music and blocking out his world than the alternative. But he had got over that when he got older and became a man, and he realised that if he wanted to make a change in the world, he had to make a change in himself. Hopefully Bella would forgive Brooke regarding to the earlier incident with time, although that seemed unlikely to happen at this stage. As soon as Sora had stepped in to make her point, Miles nodded in agreement.

"Sure, that makes sense," Miles said, gazing at both Sora and Brooke. "Why don't the three of us go together, then?"

Blake watched as Brooke, Miles, Sora all left. That left him with Bella ad a sleeping Quinn. Well wasn't that a party. The young teen sat off to the side in his own little space and yanked his shoe off his swollen ankle. He gritted his teeth to keep in the yelp of pain that threatened to come out by making his ankle move. He looked down at it. It was a deep purple, almost black. The edges were fading to blue. His entire ankle and part of his foot was swollen, most likely from walking around with Bella. Blake reached out and prodded at the swollen flesh. He wanted to scream in pain but he kept it in, eyes watering. His ankle was completely dislocated and he didn't even want to think of putting it back together. Blake let out a shuddery breath as he sat back. Maybe he could get Miles to do it when he got back or, if Quinn woke up first, get him to do it.

Quinn woke up not long after that, he wasn't used to having a longer sleep then an hour or so. He just took several naps a day. He saw Blake pouting over his ankle and stood up, sitting in front of him. "You really have to take it slower" He said and looked at the swollen flesh. "I don't think I know your name?" He asked and then waited for an answer. "How old are you exactly" He said casually and then out of the blue snapped the ankle back in place. It was harsh, but now it was just over and dealt with without having a lot of fuss about it.

Blake's head snapped up hearing Quinn speak. When did he even wake up? "My names Blake." Blake said softly looking up at Quinn. His eyes were so cool. "I'm fourtee-Ahhh!" Blake yelled out in pain at the sudden relocation of his ankle. He hissed in pain as his joint throbbed. "Owww." He mumbled looking down at his ankle. Now that it was reconnected the swelling didn't look as bad. "Thanks." Blake said softly. 'Could have warned me.' He thought to himself. "So Quinn, how old are you?"

Quinn grinned at the face Blake pulled after his ankle was reconnected. "I am twenty-six years old" He said crossing his legs. He looked at Blake and he saw that the young boy wasn't as intimidated by him anymore as he was in the beginning and he also noticed the he himself really started to like the kid. "How are you feeling about all this rebel thing? You know that you don't have to join us right? We won't kill ya if you quit, although I would be disapointed." He was telling him this because he didn't want him to feel like he had to join them, he wanted Blake to fight for freedom with will, not fear.

"I wanna join." Blake admitted. "I'm tired of Pure's attacking me just because I don't have ancestors from here. I was born here just like they were but just because my great grandfather was from Cuba I'm different." Blake let it all spill out. He hated this. He hated how people felt entitled to things that weren't theirs. They felt entitled and righteous, like it was their duty to beat on Pure's. Blake sat with his knees pulled to his chest, chin resting on top of them. He glanced up at Quinn when the older man said he would be disappointed if he left. "...You would?" Blake looked down and then back up at Quinn with a small smile.

Quinn listened to Blake talk with great curiousity. He sounded a lot like younger him and that made him smile. "Afcourse I would've been, every hand we get offered is one we should take. We should be the ones that don't discriminate, that ones who are open to everybody. I sometimes fail at that, sometimes I forget that not everybody is against me." He sighed and leaned back slightly. "I think you will do great in our team." He gave the boy a kind smile.

Blake huffed not believing Quinn really thought that. "Yeah right. I can only get beat up." Blake grumbled. Usually he was quiet and kind but he opened up to Quinn, at least a little. He glanced up at the man before looking back down as he dusted trough the small rocks he found on the ground. A few would be decent for his slingshot. He could shoot at random stuff when he got bored.

Sora walked down the street besides Miles and Brooke and with a thought realized that she knew almost nothing about these two except their names and that they had lived here all their lives. She'd be spending alot of time with them from this moment and decided that there might be a day that came where knowing their favorite colors would save all their lives, not really but she still wanted to know these things. And plus they seemed like interesting people, she felt compelled to want to know their story, what led them to this point of their lives. But she didn't want them to feel as if she was intruding into their lives so very calmly and slowly she looked at the street lights as they walked and spoke as a smile made it's way onto her face. "So do you guys want to take this time to bond or shall we save that for our next campfire."

Quinn chuckled. "We all start somewhere." He ruffled Blake's hair and stood up. "Try to get some sleep okay, I'll look for Bella" And with that sat he walked off, looking for the rebellious girl. He strolled around, hands in his pocket. It was a nice excuse to explore the place, it was so big! He had a feeling even his breathing echoed.

Blake tried to hide the small smile on his face as he nodded. He crawled to the corner Quinn had previously occupied an curled up. He hadn't realized how tired he was until he was settled in and his eyes closed, lost to the world.

Miles watched the bright yellow lights dance past his face as he passed under each street light. He could hear the wind gently whistling in his ear as he took each step. He then saw Sora turn to look at the street lights too, a smile beaming on her face.

"So do you guys want to take the time to bond or shall we save that for our next campfire?" Sora asked them.

Miles smiled back at her and said, "Sure, why not?" He then realised that he didn't know too much about either Sora or Brooke. Well, he knew that Sora was a wealthy pure girl who had a priviliged background yet a benevolent heart, and in regards to Brooke, he knew a few minor details about her life, but he hadn't considered himself to be best pals with her. As far as he was aware, Danielle had been much closer to Brooke than he had ever been. He didn't know so much as to why Brooke had joined the rebels in the first place, although he probably assumed that it was to put the pures in their place. That seemed to be the reason most of the others before had joined the rebels, and certainly why the Boss had led them. He had never really thought of Brooke as having a free mind, having seen her as a puppet of the Boss for a long time. She herself couldn't deny that she followed the Boss' orders to the word, almost as if he were a God, Miles thought. Maybe now that the Boss couldn't influence her every thought, he could gain an insight to what Brooke really thought.

"So, do either of you lovely ladies have any siblings or close family here?" Miles asked, turning to look at them both at once, as he was walking on the furthest right.

Sora turned back to Brooke and Miles "I have a younger sister and an older brother but were all pretty close in age that's about it. If anything they'll notice I'm missing before anyone else." Sora tried to remember if she had seen her sisters bike outside, she had a habit of following her around. That girl was kind of adventurous. She looked behind her but did not see anything and then turned her attention back to Brooke and miles. "So what about you guys."

"I have three sisters," Miles said quietly as he looked down to the pavement. "I was never really close with them but I had an older brother. He was my hero when I was younger, you know. I used to want to be him. My older sisters were never really role model materials for me, but they did their best. But my brother, he was always there for us. He was never always with us but everything he did was for our family. He's the reason that I'm here, if I'm honest. He made me realise that I should never judge somebody by their background or their actions in the past, because in the end, it is the motive which influenced the past that counts for everything. That's why I joined this rebellion. I wanted to protect my family and to protect what is left of humanity. But I lost my birth family years ago, and I lost my replacement family in the attack on headquarters, so all of you are really the closest thing to family that I have left."

Miles lifted his chin a little to look up at the lights gliding by above him in a line, leaving an orange-yellow trail behind. He then looked back down to the ground, watching their three shadows fade, blacken and occasionally merge as they passed each street lamp.

"I have other family too," he revealed, as he fidgeted with his sleeve. "But I don't know where they are now."

Sora looked down at the ground and she had to stop her lip from quivering. Every moment she spent with them humbled her a bit more. She would go through with this even if it killed her. But she was kind of hoping it wouldnt. They were her family now too, she was committed. She put her hand on his shoulder and smiled to reassure him. Then she tried to lighten the mood.

" So we have not quite made up our minds on what we are getting... or from where, but we have to remember to get a ... roasted chicken? That is what she asked for right? Oh and tommorrow ill have to take you two for clothes. I figured two at a time will be Easier to handle... so you know you can blend in and well go from there, okay."

• Love
Reactions: Kinton Nyr
Blake awoke to the darkness. He blinked, eyes quickly adjusting. Somewhere along the line the sun had set. The small boy yawned, stretching his arms above his head and pushed himself to his feet. The two girls and Miles weren't back yet. That slightly worried Blake but he kept it to himself. Usually he was just overreacting anyway.
Black shuffled around in the dark, feeling his way forward. He hovered by the door, peeking out through a small window. He watched the stars shining in the sky. Those were always his favorite. Slowly, Blake twisted the doorknob, cracking open the door and slipping outside. He wanted to take a look around. Surely no Pure's were here. Even if they were, Blake could simply lie and say he was looking for food. He still looked haggard and dirty so his story would easily be believed.

"Yes, you're right, I think she did ask for a roasted chicken," Miles said, as he adjusted his sleeve's tight wrap around his arm. "Are you sure you're willing to spend all of your funds on buying us new clothes? As grateful as I am, I still can't place my finger on why you are such a generous person."

Quinn just came walking down the corridor and saw that Blake had woken up. He had failed at finding Bella, having no idea were she went, but he was happy Blake was still here. "Careful with your ankle" he said and smirked, ruffling his hair "did you sleep okay buddy?"