No Way

Quinn wanted to chuckle "Calm down Brooke okay? We where all like that in the beginning" he himself was much like Bella when he started, not trusting anybody and a mouth full. "and Blake you're a brat too, no fighting." he looked stern at the boy but couldn't really keep that up for long. The boy was hurt, but maybe not weak. It took some guts to snap at someone like Bella.

Blake frowned at Quinn. He settled his chin back on the older man's shoulder with a 'hmph' and looked away. "She's mean." He grumbled annoyed he got in trouble. He wasn't a brat! Well, at least he didn't think he was.
They were finally at the warehouse. Thankfully they were the only ones around. "Woah." Blake murmured. He sat up in Quinn's arms and stared at....his home. The others called it a head quarters or whatever but to Blake it was his home. His first home, with people who cared about things, hopefully each other, and a place to preeminently rest his head tonight. A small smile graced his face as he turned to Quinn feeling a small bout of excitement.

He couldn't help but watch the drama ensuing between the two females without interrupting, but by the time he decided to intervene, Brooke had crossed her arms in defeat and both Bella and Blake had become engaged in a childish exchange of playground insults. Miles took the chance to turn his head and offer Brooke a warm and comforting smile, as if to ask 'are you okay?' without speaking. He looked towards the entrance of the warehouse and smirked. This was going to be their new home then. As the whole group began to line up behind him, Miles stepped forwards and then pivoted around the spot to face the group.

"Today has gone quite unexepectedly, as I am sure you can all agree," he said, as he gave a quick glance at the warehouse. "But I hope this can be a new start for all of us. I know some of you have your differences but we can work together and get over them. Remember that without each other, we have nothing. Literally, nothing. So thank you for this brilliant opportunity, Sora."

Quinn nodded at Miles and then they all walked into the big building together. They sat down somewhere in a circle and he put Blake down. "there you go" he said and then sat down next to the kid. He didn't really know what the plan was, Quinn wasn't much for the strategy, he was a field worker. He asked things and was told them, that's how he worked best. Miles was a thinker, and a fucking good one aswell.

Blake settled in next to Quinn. He would glance at him every few seconds. He was so cool. He didn't talk much but he was nice and strong. Blake wanted to be just like him.
He looked down remembering the half melted snickers bar he had stolen from a convenience store the other day. He glanced at Quinn wondering when the last time he ate was. Fishing in his pocket he pulled out the king sized candy bar and set it in Quinn's lap. He flashed him a bright smile before turning back and waiting for Miles to tell them what to do.

Sora smiled at miles " I should be the one to thank you guys for letting me be apart of the team and ... for not killing me, that was like really intense." she had to remember to get the key card from her dad. Sora looked at the huge space they were sitting in and then at the individual doors all around the area. If she could remember those were smaller store rooms, she thought they alone could house 2-3 people each, the layout was the same for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors but she had never seen the basement. They had to find out how many rooms there were in total to estimate how many people they could comfortably fit in the warehouse, but maybe she could just sit here for a little and enjoy everyone's company, with them she didn't have to follow by the Pure social norms "Strive for perfection". She looked at her hands, they had accumulated dust and dirt from the warehouse floor, and in an exhilarating haste she wiped them on her formerly clean clothes, and laughed to herself. She would hear about it from her parents later but she didn't care. She leaned back and looked at the ceiling but raised her voice a little louder so everyone could hear, "So... what's our next move guys or should we just get some food and call it a night?"

"I think that's a good idea," Miles replied, taking a seat opposite Quinn and Blake. "Many of us haven't eaten a proper meal in weeks. It would be nice for us all to eat something filling. I don't remember what it feels like to sleep with a full stomach. Hell, I don't even remember what it feels like to get a good night's sleep."

Miles smiled at Blake as he witnessed the exchange of the chocolate bar from the young boy's hands to the larger man's laps. The bar looked half-battered, and he could only wonder whether the chocolate inside the wrapper was still solid rather than fluid. He then cocked his head back, to turn to look at Bella, who was standing a short distance behind the spot he was seated in. Brooke was also still standing up, but she was closer to the door. He couldn't help but wonder whether these two would ever get along. It was difficult to believe that Bella would ever be able to trust or forgive this woman, considering the circumstances of their first encounter earlier that night. On the other hand, Blake seemed to have gained some trust in Quinn quite comfortably and easily. He shrugged his shoulders and sighed, knowing that Bella was only thirteen years old. She was in that stage of her life where she was moody and hormonal, just like every other teenager. It probably wasn't in her control to be calm. He could only remember how he used to be as a teenager. He used to shut himself out in his bedroom and draw, or create pages worth of notes on the rough world he lived in. He didn't care much about what he said or who he said it to, yet the experiences helped him to become the man that he was to this day. Hopefully Bella's own attitude towards life would shape her personality as she develops into a more mature woman, as well as Blake.

His mind suddenly jumped back to the matter at hand. He turned to Quinn and said, "We should think about what we're going to do with the rebellion tomorrow, but for now, I say we relax."

Reactions: k-michelle412
Quinn smiled at Blake as he handed him the snicker. He wanted to say he didn't need it but the kid looked so hopeful. He opened it and ate it. He had to admit that even something so small really felt great on an empty stomach. He thanked Blake and then listened to the rest talking. He nodded at Miles. "I agree on that. Everybody need some sleep and food to think clear. We all thank you Sora, you have no idea how amazing this opportunity all is for us." He bowed at the girl and then gave her a goofy smile. Quinn was sad his candy bar was finished already and then leaned on his elbow to look at the rest. Brooke seemed tensed, Bella looked like she was planning something, Sora was very nervous looking, Blake looked at him like Quinn was some sort of God and Miles was serious, as always. It had been only a few times that he had seen MR not being serious and that was only when a particular girl had been around... Danielle had been such a great person which such a great spirit. Quinn had to admit that he had a crush on her and that he had been extremely jealous of Miles... But... He now only felt a great pity towards the guy, he had lost his love.

Blake turned back to Miles after Quinn accepted his treat. It made him happy for some reason. He leaned back on to his hands looking around at the people and the new place he was going to be living.
He scooted over to Sora and tapped her gently. He pushed himself to standing, with a bit of difficultly. He looked around shy before waving her down to his height. "Thank you." He whispered softly before hurrying back to Quinn's side where he felt safe.

Sora grinned so big her cheeks hurt. She then looked from Brooke to Bella, then Miles, Quinn, and then Blake. She rubbed the back of her neck, When they thanked her, and tilted her head down to hide her blush, she didn't do well in spotlight situations... even as a pure. She shuddered, remembering her times as a freshman and sophomore in high school. Definitely don't want a repeat of that. "You don't have to thank me guys, really, it's the right thing to do." Before she ended up embarrassing herself Sora thought she should change the subject. "So as far as food goes, what are you hungry for, don't hold back, I mean it. We just need to figure out how and where we are going, or we could even order, I have my cell phone-of course we'd have to send it to a different address... but we should do something about you guys sleeping conditions, I don't want you guys sleeping on the floor, you could catch pneumonia or something." Sora had gotten an idea but she wanted to run it by them first just in case, she would wait.

Bella clutched her bag in her arms when they mentioned food. She had picked it up on the way to the warehouse and it was filled with canned food and trail mix, different foods that wouldn't go bad. The others mentioned being hungry but she kept her mouth shut, knuckles almost white she was clutching the bag so hard. She wanted this all to herself. Blake might be stupid enough to give away his food, but she knew that when things went bad she'd need this.

"...Don't hold back, I mean it." Bella heard Sora insist and she grinned, fully inclined to take her offer. "A roasted chicken would be great." She said sarcastically and smirked, not believing that such a thing could be available to them. She didn't know that the Pures could eat meat every day if they wanted to, while Unpures lived off of bread and water.

Bella took a seat next to Miles, collecting her bag into her lap and glancing shyly up at him. He was so mature and kind, while she was loud-mouthed and young. They all thought she was 13 instead of 16, which said something about her maturity level.

After hesitating for a moment Brooke wandered into the warehouse, eyes wide with awe. It was huge and clean, cleaner than their old meeting place. How could an abandoned warehouse be this clean? It also shielded them from the wind and offered a safe place to sleep. She liked it, and she was beginning to like the girl that offered it.

"I don't mind sleeping on the floor for tonight." She spoke up to Sora. "It's late, relax a little. You've done so much for us already."

"I can go out and get the food if you like," Miles said, as he looked towards Sora and smiled. "Bella's not wrong, you should relax for now. There isn't much more we can expect you to do for us in just one day." He then turned to Bella, his eyes meeting hers for a second, then falling to her bag, before flittering back to look at Brooke. "Would anyone like to accompany me, or shall I go alone?"

"I'll go!" Bella chirped, not wanting to be left alone with the others. The only other one she really trusted out of the group was Sora, which was strange since she was a Pure. She climbed to her feet quickly, slinging her bag over her shoulders. Brooke followed suit.
"You should stay here, get used to the place, sleep." Brooke spoke to Bella, waving a hand as if directing her to sit down. "I'll help Miles."
Bella glared at her, crossing her arms, refusing to sit. She looked at Miles, as if wanting him to decide who he wanted to accompany him.

Blake sat silently, watching the two girls fight over who got to go with Miles. It was actually quite comical, and small part of him thought it was quite sad. Did it even matter?
Blake moved to his feet and looked around. Might as well get aquainted with the place. "Just do rock, paper, scissors or something." Blake muttered before limping off further into the warehouse. He glanced back and limped back to Sora.
"Uh...wanna look around?" He asked softly. Blake wouldn't say it out loud but he really didn't want to wander into the dark warehouse alone.

Bella snapped her head towards Blake and shot him an evil look, before letting out an angry huff. "Fine, you go, I don't care." She muttered, though she obviously did. She wanted to get out of the big, cold warehouse. She was glad to belong somewhere but she was stubborn and hated change. She was only here because she thought they'd kill her now that she knew about them.
She grabbed the straps of her backpack and began to wander throughout the big building, moving further into the dark corners that the sunlight from the windows didn't hit. Blake might be a baby but she wasn't scared of the dark. Living alone in alleys, you couldn't be.

Blake jumped in shock. Why did Bella hate him so much? He'd already figured the girl didn't remember him.
He sighed softly and limped off after her. He kept his eyes down as they walked through the different doors and halls. Every now and then he would chance a glance at Bella. He would quickly look away if and when she turned to him. He wasn't really scared of more so uncomfortable.
"So um, uh...do you...remember me?"

As Bella left the group to explore her new home she heard small, uneven footsteps behind her and spun around, searching the dark. Blake limped towards her with an uncomfortable look on his face and she let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you were a Pure." She muttered. She wasn't trying to be mean to Blake, the nerves of the day were just making her edgy. She slowed down so that she could walk next to him.
When he quietly spoke up, asking if she remembered him, she shook her head. "Are you related to me?"

"Oh..." Blake murmured softly. He shoved his hands into his pockets, eyes wandering around. "Uh, we're cousins." He piped up after a moment. "Uh, it's alright that you don't, uh, remember me. It...last time I saw you we,..uh, still had a house. I...think I was six." Blake spoke softly. Walking was getting more and more difficult but he could manage. "Do you think....do you think this is all gonna work out?"

He mentioned being six when he knew her and she nodded once. She wouldn't be able to recognize him, all six year olds looked the same to her. Tiny and covered in snot.
"I don't know." She answered his question bluntly. She didn't know if she'd stick around long enough to find out.
She noticed him getting slower and slower and sighed, rolling her eyes. "Come on Limpy, we should head back or you might fall and sprain your other ankle." She teased as she usually did but didn't seem as serious this time.

Blake pulled a sheepishly smile, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry." He whispered following Bella back to their group. He wouldn't necessarily call them friends just yet.
Every now and then Blake would glance at Bella's backpack. He felt like she was hiding something but wouldn't mention it. If it was really important it would come to light on it's own.