No Way

Quinn looked at Brooke to see if she was going to agree with the girls going first. It personally didn't really matter to him when he would get there. He listened to the talking Miles and nodded. They needed to know if it was indeed as safe as the girl claimed it to be. Quinn then looked back at the boy. He really looked unhealthy. "does somebody has something for this guy to eat?" the kid was pale, skinny and fragile. He looked like something that would break the second you dropped it.

Blake shied away from Quinn's gaze. He felt like a child under his stare, although it was pretty acurate. Blake was only fourteen.
He sighed softly hearing Quinn ask if anyone had food. His stomach chose that moment to growl loudly and there was no hiding the fact he was half starved. "I'm fine." Blake muttered stubbornly not meeting anyone's gaze. He was weak compared to everyone else. He didn't want to be a further burden by needed food even though it was clear he did.

Sora looked at Quinn to answer his question "My dad is a guy that always goes for bigger and better, he got an opportunity to get a hold of a ware house ten times the size of Willhaim 3 and that very same day he packed up everything and moved it to the Central warehouse closer to our house, he's all but abandoned and forgotten this one, and plus he's spoiled me to the bone so if it comes to it all I have is bat my eyelashes and ask for this space to put my clothes in or something and he'll put the keys in my hand faster than I can finish asking for it. So no worries, but i'll seriously have to take you guys to get some clothes, if any one happens to see you walking in or out of the warehouse I'd rather it be in clothes that won't leave them suspicious." Sora kept walking while she was speaking. We're almost there.

Miles heard Quinn's request for food for Blake, as well as the boy's stubborn response. He moved his right hand to the inside of his coat and began to dig around in the pocket. He lightly clutched his fingers around a slightly squashed sandwich wrapped carefully in a sealed plastic foil and lifted it out. As he pulled it out, he could see the ham and lettuce inside coated by a foam of mayonaise, and hungrily gazed at the bag. Although his stomach silently informed his brain that he needed the sandwich, Miles blocked out all ideas of selfishness. In any normal condition, he wouldn't give away food so quickly, especially considering the fact that it had taken him three whole days to work for the sandwich, and had taken him a further seven hours to hold onto to eat as a treat later that night. However, this was no normal situation - Blake wasn't just a hungry boy anymore, but he had been unwittingly taken into the care of the rebellion members, and Blake's life was as good as his own. He was one of them. Miles stretched out his arm towards the boy, offering his sandwich to him.

"It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing," he smiled, as he waved the sandwich in front of him. He then noticed the boy's untrusting eyes. "If you don't want it, I'd be more than willing to keep it for myself," he joked, grinning at the boy.

He then looked up at Sora as she told the story of how her father received the warehouse and how he would be willing to let her keep it for herself without raising suspicion. He thanked God, if he existed, that most people believed that being a pure equalled righteousness and loyalty. Because of that, her father would never suspect she was helping the rebels because he blindly believed that all of the pures hated the unpure population just as much a he most likely did.

"You are right," he said to her, before turning to face the majority of the crew around him. "We can't dress like we have something to hide. From this point onwards, we're going to have to look pure."

Reactions: k-michelle412
Blake stared at the sandwich like it was the rarest form of gold he'd seen in a life time, and in a way it was. Food was scarce for the unpure and sharing was nearly never heard of.
Green eyes danced between the mouthwatering sandwich and Miles. Blake wasn't sure if he should take it or not but his stomach had other intentions.
As Miles waved his food in Blake's face his stomach roared loudly coaxing a red hue on to Blake's cheeks. Embarrassed, he pouted and stubbornly grabbed the sandwich from Miles outstretched hand.
He unwrapped it quickly and if he was hungry before there was no denying it now.
Blake opened his mouth to take a large bite when he finally thought of something. Miles was willingly giving his food to him. Just by his looks Blake knew the other male was unpure and also knew how hard he must have worked to get a whole sandwich, practically gourmet in their lifestyle.
Slowly, Blake closed his mouth and tore the sandwich in half. "Here." He handed back half of the sandwich for Miles to eat, he deserved at least that much. Maybe he wasn't so bad. Blake flashed a smile and a quick thank you before filling his mouth with a large hunk of bread, lettuce, and ham.
Blake hummed in pure bliss. It had been far too long since he'd had meat and it tasted devine. The half of sandwich was gone not too long after and Blake's arms were once again wrapped around Quinn's neck as the other male continued to carry him.
Fully sated by his treat from Miles Blake listened to the conversation around him. Sora had a point, they should change. He began to wonder what all of this would entail, all of what he would have to do.
Blake had no misgivings about his own personal abilities. He knew he was short and scrawny, hardly anything to make a fighter out of. He wasn't a genius or a great problem solver, he wasn't a leader, and he held no sort of presence. But there was one thing Blake was always good at. He would create makeshift slingshots and shoot cans off a fence in his copious amounts of free time. Over the years he had become a pretty good shot. Hopefully they could use that. Blake didn't want to be a burden anymore. He wanted to help.
That final thought brought a small smile to the boys face. He was gonna do something with his life. He wasn't a street rat anymore. He was going to make a difference in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Kinton Nyr
((https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/no-way-ooc-sign-up.58662/ For the character sheets and roleplay talk, for the people who haven't seen it yet ;) ))

He saw how Blake munched the sandwich and he turned his head away, the smell kept teasing his nose. He decided it was better to listen to Sora and Miles talk. "We can't dress like we have something to hide. From this point onwards, we're going to have to look pure." Miles said and Quinn gritted his teeth. How great... "I can't" He simply said. He had tried hiding his eyes before with sunglasses, but it raised a lot of suspicion when it was cloudy or in the winter seasons. And besides, he had promised Mark to never wear them again. He didn't want to break that.. He wanted his bestfriend to be proud of him. He sighed. "I am ruining this plan for you guys..." It had always been like this, Quinn was never aloud to go to special missions in the rebellion, because he would probably fuck it up with his cursed eyes. Even in the rebellion, where he was treated with respect, had he been a problem. And he would probably always be. That was what he was.

Sora Was busy rambling in her head everything she would need to stock the warehouse with when she caught an exchange between Blake and Miles. Miles Dug in his coat and pulled out a sandwich, or at least what resembled a sandwich, it almost looked inedible. He seemed to hesitate a bit before passing it to Blake, whose eyes widened to the extreme. She continued to watch when Blake was all but ready to devour it but then ripped it in half to offer it to miles. They seemed to inhale the food and had a look of pure heaven. Sora was confused. It's just a sand-. Then she remembered. This was unpure society, they didn't have an abundance of food as she did, they'd probably never seen anything better than that sandwich, and were probably not expecting anything like it again for a while, knowing that Miles had shared what he had left with someone he had just met Sora's heart clenched and she couldn't help it. The worst thing Sora had to worry about growing up was when she'd run out of space in her closet, and she felt horrible. Everyday these people had to worry about just making it through the day and here she was begging daddy to get her a more presentable chauffeur. A single tear rolled down her face and she quickly wiped it away before anyone could see, her hands were trembling. How could you just sit back and watch people suffer like this and have the audacity to call yourself human? She would fight with them and while she did, she would dang well spoil them rotten. After living like this they more than deserved to be pampered more then anyone back home.

They were only 4 blocks away now, she could see the immense building from here.

As the group advanced down the road, Miles remained as silent as he could. He had always enjoyed the quiet, tranquil atmosphere of night yet somewhat loathed it. It brought back painful memories of his childhood and the countless nights he had spent sitting by the window sill hoping his father would come home. His brother and sisters would all cope in their own different ways, with his older brother Adam turning to extreme measures to take care of the family. He recalled how Adam had begun selling drugs to pay for clothes and food, and how he had been imprisoned by the government for grand larceny. His older sisters Teresa and Caitlin had chosen to secretly prostitute themselves behind their family's backs to help out, while his younger sister would sit at home, drawing, and had developed selective mutism. His mother had later had a secret relationship with a high-ranked politician, but upon facing execution for his affair, the man framed her for a crime. And, forced to look after his sisters on his own, he had found himself strenuously aiming to seek honest work. His days were long and busy, and night was the only time he had to himself. So he would just wait at the window, alone, waiting, for a father who never returned.

It never bothered Miles that he was alone. He enjoyed it. After all, he had little in common with his older sisters and once Meredith had stopped communicating with the world, he had nobody. When he joined the rebellion almost ten years ago, aged just sixteen, he had been attracted to the ideal, however, he gradually realised that it was the concept of a strong and supportive family which had captured his loyalty. He had lost that sense of pride he once had once the boss had seemingly lost his ways and forgot their cause, and with the deaths of Danielle and the others, it was all gone. Just like that. This was his second chance. These people here, who had assembled by fate, all shared a cause and a purpose, and in about two more blocks, they would be sharing a new home and a future. If they were going to stand the test of time and fate together, he was going to be there alongside them. All of them. They were his family now.

Blake sat back and frowned at Quinn. He flicked his nose as soon as the older male said he was ruining the plan they were making.
"Nuh uh." He wore a determined pout on his face as he gave his attempt at a stern look. Realizing what he did, Blake's eyes widened before he hid his face back in Quinn's shoulder. "Sorry!" He squeaked feeling like he over stepped some type of boundary. "You're not ruining anything. I heard the Pure's have contacts that can...they can change eye color." Blake's voice was soft as he reverted to his shy nature.

"We're not going to resort to that," Miles replied to Blake's previous statement. "Quinn, your eyes are part of who you are. Sure, it makes you stand out but who says that is necessarily a bad thing. In the future, once we have gained some power in our struggle, we will need people who can stand out from a crowd and your eyes make you easily recognisable. If the people associate the rebellion with justice, they will associate you with justice too, so wherever you go, people will be inspired to seek justice, or at least appreciate our cause."

As he spoke, he didn't look back in Quinn or Blake's direction, but instead kept his eyes fixed on the large building ahead of them. It seemed to be vacant, and the streets were almost completely empty at this time. The houses around them seemed well-decorated and somewhat grand. Perhaps this is the reason Sora's father chose to purchase the warehouse. He knew that throughout the day, the pures would definitely busy the streets further down the road, and could only hope that none of them became suspicious of the warehouse. He then looked back to Sora, an idea springing in his mind.

"If this is our base of operations, we'll need another meeting place," Miles realised, as he smirked. "This warehouse will do brilliantly as a place for us to live, work and plan, however, if we want to build the ranks of the rebellions, we'll need another place to attract potential recruits. We can't draw them here otherwise it will seem too suspicious and could endanger us. But it has to be in a neighbourhood with a larger unpure population because it is far more likely that an unpure would empathise with us. I'm thinking along the lines of a bar or a club?"

Sora had to ask herself why she didn't think of that. Of course as the rebellion grows more people would want to join and if hundreds of others were suddenly pouring into the warehouse it would definitely attract attention. She laughed "It looks like we know who will be a part of the strategist team, but i'm not quite familiar with the unpure areas, I know my father owns a couple of businesses around here but I couldn't say which ones, I happened on you guys by pure chance and, he doesn't actually want me anywhere near here, so I've never really strayed this far, but I could find out, and if worse comes to worse ones of you guys could get lucky, find a boatload of cash, I don't know just sitting around, and open up I don't know say... your own hot spot and and wallah." Sora wiggled her eyebrows for extra emphasis " If you know what I mean, after all what is mines is now yours... hint hint." Sora gave a wide smile at this idea, her dad wouldn't even ask questions, he would just think that she wanted to join the family business and make a profit. She looked around to see if anyone caught on to what she was implying.

Reactions: k-michelle412
"Are you suggesting that we steal from your father?" Miles queried, as he turned to Sora, a blank expression on his face.

His initial thought was that it would be wrong to steal, if that was what Sora had been intending, but then he shrugged off the thought. Most of these people here had stolen already. Petty theft, perhaps, but still stolen. And they would most likely feel indifferent to the idea of stealing from a wealthy, pure, anti-rebellion businessman. He couldn't help but wonder if he had it in him to steal from the man - not only because of the moral reasons but also because it was Sora's father. How sure was he that he would be able to stomach turning a father against a young woman? If he had found out that his precious daughter was in lieu with 'criminals', as the government had called them, and was involved in nursing back to health a finally broken rebellion, how would he take it?

He then looked back to her and said, "Personally, if what I assume you are hinting at is right, I wouldn't choose to steal your father's money. Stealing the odd apple or bottle of water from a store is one thing, but a load of cash is another thing entirely. On the contrary, I place our future above all else and, if this is what it takes for the rebellion to succeed, I will be willing to make any further sacrifices."

Sora's eyes widened then she looked at miles "No you've got it all wrong I'm not going to steal from my dad, I was suggesting that we open up a place in my name, my dad wouldn't think anything of it because he would just think I've finally taken interest in his business and that's what we do, buy and make that money make money for us no one would be stealing."

When Miles heard Sora's response, he softly laughed to himself and, once his laughter had died down, an amused smile remained across his face. He then moved right hand to his left brow and stroked it with his thumb, his eyes averting from the girl due to a mixture of humour and embarassment. After he had quelled his need to laugh again, he turned to Sora and bowed his head.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions," he sighed, as he decided to stop walking, having found himself standing in front of a large warehouse. "You are absolutely right, it is a great idea. We can use the cover of the building being a pure business in order to lure interested potential recruits to our side." Then, recalling her earlier joke, he smiled and said, "It seems I will not be the only member of that strategist team."

Quinn listened to Sora and Miles Runner talk, but he didn't find it all that interesting. He was to tired and to hungry for all the serious smart talk. He was thinking about what MR said about his eyes, and it sounded weird in his opinion. Yes he stood out, but how could people see him as justice? These Pure people have learned their whole life to stay away from unpures and especially from people like Quinn. He was sure that even if equality really was going to be there in his lifetime, people would still be scared of him. His father had told him that before the war everybody was declared equal by the government, but people kept discriminating one and other. He told them it would have been still hard for black people to find a job and that homosexuals still had trouble being accepted. That was a bit strange in his eyes now, nobody minded your skin colour or sexual orientation as long as you where Pure. Quinn sighed, he knew Miles ment kind so he decided to just keep quiet and focus on their task of getting to the warehouse, which was so close right now.

Bella suddenly spoke up. "I'm not going to stay with her." She sent a glare to Brooke. "She tried to kill me!" Brooke rose an eyebrow at her. "I want to stay with you." Bella walked faster to catch up to Miles, looking up at him. Brooke scoffed.
"If you want to be part of this you have to trust us. All of us." She walked behind Bella, making sure she heard. "If we can't all trust each other how will we get anything done?"
Bella turned and stuck her tongue out at Brooke. "Maybe you shouldn't have been such a bitch then." She grinned maliciously, feeling safe next to the man who had protected her.
"Why you little-" Brooke grabbed Bella's arm, who struggled to get away.
"Get off of me!" She screeched, clawing at Brooke's hand.

Somewhere along the walking and planning, Blake had fallen asleep. His head settled on Quinn's shoulder as his breathing was soft and slow. It wasn't until Brooke and Bella started fighting that he woke up.
He curled into Quinn, face scrunching up as he whined at the loud noise. Slowly he blinked his eyes open and sat up. He pouted at the two females rubbing his eyes. "You guys are annoying." It was a soft mumble of words he hadn't meant to say outloud but it slipped in his just awakened state. He settled back unaware of how rude he'd just been before his eyes fell back closed.

• Love
Reactions: Ethan Le Me
Bella pushed Brooke away from her. "Yeah? Well you're weak." Bella snapped at the sleeping boy. "At least I don't have to be carried around like a princess."
Brooke crossed her arms, tempted to grab the girl again. But this time she'd teach her something. She clenched her fists to keep from carrying out her thoughts, looking straight ahead.
Bella pulled her hood up, crossing her arms and scowling. She could never live with these people for a day let alone as long as the rebellion would take. She set her mind to ducking the second she got something worthwhile, wondering what it'd be. Money? Clothes? Food? Anything would be better than what she had now.

Blake blushed in embarrassment. He looked away from both girls with a frown. It's not like he wanted to be carried around, but it wasn't like he minded either.
Glancing up, he sort of felt bad for making Quinn carry him the whole way here but if he walked he would have slowed everyone down. "At least I'm not a brat." He huffed quietly feeling the sting of Bella's words. Turning his head back to Bella, Blake found a small amount of courage. "If you don't like being here, why don't you just leave?"

"Who said I didn't like it?" Bella answered without turning around. She knew she was a brat. She just didn't care. She knew Miles would just give her a stern lecture about it, Brooke would threaten her but would obey Miles in the end, Blake couldn't do a thing, and Quinn had to carry Blake. All that was left was Sora, who didn't want to risk the Unpure's trust in her. Bella was free to be as bratty as she wanted. She walked with a tired huff, wondering out long this would take. She'd never actually been to the Pure side, she wasn't stupid.