No Serenity to be Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresa had totally missed that River was still there, but wasn't startled by her voice or presence at all. Giving her best attempt at a friendly smile, Teresa knelt to the floor, holding her hands out for River to see she wasn't armed. "Hey... It's okay. None of us here are gonna hurt you.. Okay? Promise."

Woah. Since when did Teresa try to reassure people?

@BarrenThin

River didn't take her hand. The young woman eyed her. She seemed to be calming down at her friendliness, at least.

tumblr_mf1jwsztYh1ray9y3.gif

Simon stood nearby with a faint smile. He always enjoyed seeing River act... well, normal.

@Hospes

A genuine look of surprise appeared on his face when that statement registered in his head. "Earth-that-was? ... Now isn't that strange? If I got my sense of time correct, the year that I hail from before arriving here was 1883..." the ravenette scratched the back of his head in thought.

When he thought that the warp rune was powerful enough to send him here, he was now shocked that it was possibly able to go through different times and possible different worlds altogether.

@BarrenThin

"Yeah. I guess it might be different where you're from, but we're five hundred years since London was destroyed."

tumblr_n3j7doXKkQ1qlvq41o6_250.gif

"Hence the name Earth-That-Was."

@Gummi Bunnies

Teresa nodded slightly, at this, offering River another small smile. "Alright, if you're sure.." she replied, slowly climbing back to her feet. "Do you need some help up?" she asked, hand outstretched uncertainly in case the other female wanted it.

She seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact Simon was watching this.

@BarrenThin

"That explains quite a handful actually. Time sure flies," Will says, grinning a bit at his pun there. If that was really the time away from when he was still around in his world, he must be that far into the future... or in another universe altogether.

"At least with that, I won't have to worry of a specific demonic umbrella lady chasing after me..."

@BarrenThin

River stood up on her own. "Nice. Not bad." She paused. "Angels are weird."

@Hospes

Wash nodded, cringing at the pun. "Well... you're in for a ride, if you're sticking around. We're delivering purebred Beagles. Woo."

@Gummi Bunnies

Well, at least River didn't see Teresa as a monster.. Which was what the Glader thought she was. What she'd long since been labelled as. "I.. Wouldn't really say I'm an angel. Or nice, at that.." she mused, sheepishly.

@BarrenThin

55592.gif

"Well, you aren't human. You were. But you were a betrayer. A good one, in the end." River's look turned into a smile. She didn't mention how she knew these things.

@Hospes

"Might as well. All I had going for me before getting here was getting some mafia ties. Not like much happened with that, to be honest," Will shrugged, seeing no reason on not sticking around, "I also don't mind happening to deliver a whole bunch of domestic animal adorableness."

@BarrenThin

Wash smiled. "Yeah, well, they are pretty damn cute." He rocked back with a sigh. "What's a mafia?"

@Gummi Bunnies

This astonished Teresa more than a little. Instinctually, her hand tentatively rose to the back of her neck, fingers tentatively feeling over the label she'd long since received and would never reside. "How did you..-?"

Wait.. She knew and.. Thought she was good?

@BarrenThin

"As much as I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend, I'm here to stay. I can't go back to my Mortalis. I think you call it Earth-That-Was." She waved her hand dismissively. "Nope. Some kind of rule. Dorothy only gets to go home once."

@BarrenThin

RiverTam.jpg

"You're dead. No... you're death. A Reaper." River suddenly changed, much to Simon's surprise and embarrassment. Her mannerisms became almost exactly that of a Glader. Even down to the way she spoke. "You were pretty jacked, thanks to WICKED. That shank Thomas helped you turn 't around, though. That 'I'm not good stuff'? It's a load of klunk."

@Hospes

"Think of it as illegal underground business. Then again, the government that America had at the time wasn't really it's greatest..." Even in the short month he was there, Will could tell that things weren't that great over there as they said it would be.

@BarrenThin

Mal paused at this. A smile might have started to form as he went to answer, when they were interrupted by a swarm of Beagle puppies. Four or five of them. They were maybe six months old. Finally, he answered, laughing a little. The dogs were annoying, at times, but they sure were cute. "Was this supposed to be bad news?"

@Thuro Pendragon

Wash looked over again. "Well, at least nothing's changed, far as Governments are concerned. The Alliance sure as Hell ain't got its head on straight."

@Gummi Bunnies

"I suppose that happens when you give a person power..." Will sighed, seeing that it was no different in this setting than it was back in America.

@BarrenThin

Wash nodded as one of the puppies came dashing in. Mal would have preferred to lock them up, but River just let them out when he did. "Ah. Well, there's a bit of our cargo. Stinking up the place."

@Gummi Bunnies

"There's a price for this level of adorableness... there always is," Will laughed a bit, squatting down to scratch the pup's head.

@BarrenThin

"Isn't there? You know, Zoe's been wanting to have a b... Hold on." There was a beeping sound from the radar. "Uhh... You should go, now. Bit busy." His brow furrowed in confusion.

@Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.