No Serenity to be Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
She knelt down and scratched the pup behind its ears. They were pretty cute. "Depends. Do you want a half demon nut kicker as part of your crew?"

@BarrenThin

"You'd make an odd addition, but I certainly can't say I'd mind." Mal paused as Wash called him up to the Bridge over the intercom. "Stay here." The Captain jogged off.

@Thuro Pendragon

She smirked. "Yeah right." She shifted into a Wraith and sped ahead of him to the hallway just outside the bridge, hiding in the shadows.​

Teresa was appalled, by this. How did she know these things? And how had this transition happened? If she hadn't been treated like shit by the Gladers, she'd likely feel much more comfortable with the way River now acted.

"Okay.. Yeah, I'm death. One way to put it, anyhow. I ain't 'good' by anyone who knows men's standards. And.. Who's this Thomas shank you're talkin' about?" The name was oddly familiar.. But she didn't know a Thomas.

Which was entirely her own fault for giving her memories of Thomas to the Reapers as her entry fee, though she didn't know that.

@BarrenThin

Mal and Wash were muttering angrily about something in Mandarin. An odd, worn looking ship was in front of them.

@Thuro Pendragon

"Thomas. A figure from your past. Gave it up." She tilted her head.

@Hospes

"Gotcha," Will casually leaves it at that before deciding to catch up on what Teresa was up to. Spotting the Glader with River, he silently makes his way towards them, but he didn't say much since he does also note that they were having some sort of conversation.

@BarrenThin @Hospes

That was.. Intriguing. Was that the missing piece in her puzzle? "..Ah," was all she could reply with.

@BarrenThin

riverscream.gif

Will's sudden appearance surprised the girl. She ran out the door, followed by Simon. "River!"

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

The ravenette had an awkward look on his face. Well, this wasn't the first time he's startled someone unintentionally...

"Wrong timing?"

@Hospes @BarrenThin

The intercom came on. "We've got a... a problem." Mal's voice was shaky. "We've got a Reaver ship after us. Might not be a raiding party, but... if you can get off of this ship, I suggest you do. We ain't gonna be able to outrun 'em. Almost certainly can't outfight 'em."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon

"Mal?" Jen said from outside the bridge. "Might be time to show you what these vambraces can do."

@BarrenThin

Teresa only shrugged, at Will's question.. But she tensed at the 'announcement'.

The Glader had no idea if Mal would hear if she just spoke without some fancy button.. But it was worth a shot. "Hah, you're funny, Mal, if you think I'm gonna run with my tail tucked. Dunno what a Reaver is, but I'm stayin' to fight whether you like it or not." Out of habit, Teresa reached into her pocket.. Slender fingers wrapping around one of three pins. Sexy +..? Ah, shuck it. It'll do, she sighed to herself, clutching the pin readily. Whatever was coming was in for a nasty surprise.. Heh.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies

Mal couldn't hear her without the intercom. What could be heard was the creaking and groaning of Serenity as she was drawn into the much larger ship. The crew members were gathering in the most defensible part of the ship: the cargo hold. It seemed they intended to open it for the Reavers. Maybe get them to go that way.

It worked.

get

The Reavers came rushing in, bearing crude melee weapons and covered from head to toe in self-inflicted injuries. The crew started shooting. Reavers started dropping. They certainly didn't stop, though.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon

Last edited by a moderator:
Mal couldn't hear her without the intercom. What could be heard was the creaking and groaning of Serenity as she was drawn into the much larger ship. The crew members were gathering in the most defensible part of the ship: the cargo hold. It seemed they intended to open it for the Reavers. Maybe get them to go that way.

It worked.

get

The Reavers came rushing in, bearing crude melee weapons and covered from head to toe in self-inflicted injuries. The crew started shooting. Reavers started dropping. They certainly didn't stop, though.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon
Teresa hadn't hesitated to follow the crew to the cargo hold.. Nor did she hesitate to use Sexy +.. Though there was admittedly quite a pause. These things... They looked like Cranks. Something she was all too familiar with.

Luckily, she didn't have to get close to the Reavers at all, just had to have them in sight, which meant she wasn't in high risk of being accidentally shot.

Oddly enough, a couple of Reavers were suddenly smashed into each other on occasion with just a small thought. Others more were choked out in an instant, or flung into a wall with massive force. This was much easier for her than it appeared to be for the crew.

Teresa didn't need guns.. All she needed was Sexy.

Though, more than one Reaver managed to close in on Teresa.. Though she didn't seem phased in the slightest. Rather, letting them get close, the girl suddenly moved her arm out in something of a pushing movement.. That didn't actually touch any of the four Reavers that had gotten right up on her; and, yet, an impossibly strong force sent them all flying.. Save for one, especially unlucky Reaver.

Who, just before it could make a move on Teresa, was lunged at with incredible speed by the Reaper, where her hands proceeded to wrap around it's neck.. Where severe frostbite began to form, causing it to scream. Soon enough, though, the Reaver fell silent.. After Teresa had drop-kicked it's legs out from under it and brought about some nasty frost damage.

@BarrenThin

Jen simply shifted into a Djinn and strode straight into the middle of them, sending heads flying. This wasn't the first fight she'd been in, and was probably one of the easiest.

(Short post, sorry, not much of an action roleplayer)

@BarrenThin
@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

Catching up to the group, Will held out his hands, taking a deep breath and reciting in fluent Latin.

"Sancta largiaris mihi laminis."

Slowly moving his hands to his sides, the Nephilim was able to summon his pair of seraph blades, weapons that were powerful when used in the hands of someone that bore angelic blood.

img-thing

The 'Enkeli' rune radiating in a bright light from the base of Will's neck, it shared it's power with his weapons. One moment the ravenette was standing by with the others, and the next moment, he was gone in a bright flash. It was all... paranormal for Will to fight like this, being as fast as lightning, strong like an orge, and skilled with the blades as he could ever be... it could only be answered with the fact that he had many runes being active at the same time. Having taken out some of the Reavers that managed to get close, Will flash-steps back to the group, kneeling down on one knee to catch his breath.

"... by the angels, I've never used that many runes at the same time before..." he panted, shaking his seraph blades clean of the blood that was there.

@Hospes @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
The Reavers were cut down quickly enough. They formed a pile of corpses before long. No one retreated. The crew shouted when the tide stopped. This was certainly not the expected outcome.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

07e6fb05c58c89d6913cb3f071f7f68c.jpg

There was a long pause from Teresa, after the fight was over. She was surprisingly nonchalant about this.. Probably due to the similarities she saw in the Reavers and her world's Cranks. "...Y'know, I was expectin' more of a challenge, with how ya made these things out as so hard ta beat," she finally mused, absently.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @Thuro Pendragon

There was a long pause from Teresa, after the fight was over. She was surprisingly nonchalant about this.. Probably due to the similarities she saw in the Reavers and her world's Cranks. "...Y'know, I was expectin' more of a challenge, with how ya made these things out as so hard ta beat," she finally mused, absently.

"We ain't got special powers like you, girly." Jayne scowled. "Crew that size would have satiated their carnal and material needs off of us and been on their way like nothing happened."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
The Reavers were cut down quickly enough. They formed a pile of corpses before long. No one retreated. The crew shouted when the tide stopped. This was certainly not the expected outcome.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
07e6fb05c58c89d6913cb3f071f7f68c.jpg

"We ain't got special powers like you, girly." Jayne scowled. "Crew that size would have satiated their carnal and material needs off of us and been on their way like nothing happened."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
@Thuro Pendragon
"... bloody hell," Will happens to curse. Well... he happened to have a nosebleed for whatever reason. Must be from using too many runes at the same time?

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Thuro Pendragon

Status
Not open for further replies.