No more negatives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tolerate it a hundred times a day when customers call me 'sweetie' or 'hon' or 'dear' and I smile and wish them a good day
oh

I didn't realize people took offense to that. I'd better stop calling people "dear".

oh

I didn't realize people took offense to that. I'd better stop calling people "dear".
Some do, some don't. One of my coworkers likes it. My dad calls every second waitress 'dear', it's just how he talks. Like I said, I have a big independence streak that makes alarms blare in my head when I think I'm being patronized, even if I might be wrong. I give strangers the benefit of the doubt and react politely, and let friends know that I prefer my name or a peer nick like dude or bro or hey you.

This whole site bouta be like the movie the Invention of Lying. XD
On another note, there should be a 'look a night poster' rating button.

I almost got a heart attack when I checked my alerts and some maniacs had dumped buckets of fucking rainbows on me.

I really didn't see those damn ninja rainbows coming.

I almost got a heart attack when I checked my alerts and some maniacs had dumped buckets of fucking rainbows on me.

I really didn't see those damn ninja rainbows coming.
Yeah, we had a bit of a rainbow mania. But it seems to have calmed down now :3

Why is the Useful icon shaped like nuke?

I suppose it makes sense. They are useful. One way to get the job done.
It's a monkey wrench... I think it's named... English has weird words for things D: Why is it named monkey wrench???+ MONKEY!! WHAT DOES MONEY HAVE TO DO WITH IT????

-cough- Yeah, monkey wrench I think.

It's a monkey wrench... I think it's named... English has weird words for things D: Why is it named monkey wrench???+ MONKEY!! WHAT DOES MONEY HAVE TO DO WITH IT????
Actually, monkey wrenches are the adjustable ones with the opening perpendicular to the shaft. What you are seeing in the ratings is, indeed, just a wrench.

-cough- Yeah, monkey wrench I think.
Holmi got you. Monkey wrenches are like ____|_|

But blah. I prefer nukes.

Last edited by a moderator:
... My translator thingy lied D: I can never trust online dictionaries again ):

Still don't get why they're named monkey though...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
... My translator thingy lied D: I can never trust online dictionaries again ):

Still don't get why they're named monkey though...
Maybe it's related to the term 'grease monkey'?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Open-ended wrench sounds and looks more plausible for that rating than monkey wrench.

• Bucket of Rainbows
We need a rainbow rating in groups. Then I will become ninja and throw cookie shurikens that explode with rainbows.
*poofs into a flying poptart with a cat head and leaves a trail of rainbows... And cookies*

• Bucket of Rainbows
What's the point of doing that? Especially as a staff member. Did you like it when figures of authority gave you a drive by 'dislike'?

I Want to Have Sex with You Right NOW
I'd be throwing that one around like the Hug's if that had became a thing. :P

What I'd personally suggest though is "Go Home, You're High".
Which although yes does technically address a drug, it is referencing something far less harmful than alcohol, which the drunk rating does refer t

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana and Lawkheart
Ratings for...
"Makes me feel old"
"True story"
"This makes me spawn plot bunnies/THE PLOT BUNNIES; THEY ARE COMING!/Plot bunny spawning alert!"
"That made my brain hurt."
"Thanks, now I need brain bleach."

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'd personally suggest though is "Go Home, You're High".
Which although yes does technically address a drug, it is referencing something far less harmful than alcohol, which the drunk rating does refer t
Aye.

Where I live, I'm not even old enough to drink! If the cops found my account here on Iwaku, that'd be a permanent mark on my criminal record.

Something I just realized now. On the ratings list the face hugger is right next to the cookie...
The face hugger is pouncing on the cookie!

That sex one would be really awkward. Just imagine all the instances of that rating being given across age groups. :|
This would make me stalk the picture threads, just to see the reactions to such ratings. I vote we do it. I mean, non-consensual hugging is already running rampant, anyway.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick
Ratings for...
"Makes me feel old"
"True story"
"This makes me spawn plot bunnies/THE PLOT BUNNIES; THEY ARE COMING!/Plot bunny spawning alert!"
"That made my brain hurt."
"Thanks, now I need brain bleach."
I need a "makes me feel old" rating now D:

• Thank You
Reactions: Lysander
Status
Not open for further replies.