10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Greetings from your administrators!

We have come to realize that Iwaku is now TOO BIG to expect our population to be able to use negative ratings responsibly and us still be able to enforce it. Over the past year we have had multiple cases of people using ratings for spiteful vengeance, to gain notoriety for negatives, and people using them because they didn't agree with the opinion of the poster. All of which go against the spirit and purpose in which we wanted these to be used. :(

With Iwaku as large as it is, we're no longer able to effectively find and punish individuals who abuse those negative ratings. If staff are incapable of making sure a feature is used responsibly and respectfully, it is better for all of us that we remove it to prevent future issues.

From this point on if you want to show displeasure with a member's post, you will have to use your words and be accountable for them!

All negative ratings have been DELETED and replaced with positive and neutral options. :D We hope that some of the new ratings will be fun and useful for you!

My personal favorite is the new Hug button. <3 WHAT IS YOURS?

Looks like people will be getting a lot more ratings for being drunk <.< Closest thing we've got now :P

All the new ones are sooo great. The helpful one is great, the rainbow is funny and the hug one is HNNGG.

My favorite is definitely the rainbow one though :D

But why did you take away the dislike button? That was a neutral rating so that one could show that they didn't agree without having to actually say they didn't agree and not having to leave any red stains on their profile xD That one wasn't that bad.

Because people were trying to get as many of them as possible and abusing the system. >=(

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Wasn't that a neutral one though? The frowning gray face? >_>'

I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE SO FUZZY ON STUFF D:

• Bucket of Rainbows
FUCKING RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new system. Slightly sad about the lack of negative ratings, but there's a good reason for the removal so it's all good.
Wasn't that a neutral one though? The frowning gray face? >_>'

I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE SO FUZZY ON STUFF D:
It was indeed neutral, and it looked like this: :err:

• Bucket of Rainbows
yeah, they abused the negative ratings, but the dislike button wasn't a negative rating before. So it feels odd that it was taken away together with the negative ratings xD

We feel like even though it was a neutral option, people would just fallback on using "Dislike" as the negative smite button. >>

"Go Home You're Drunk" and "WTF Did I Just Read" could also be abused in similar ways, but they are such silly options it's hard to take seriously as a negative option.

HOW'D THAT FEEL DIANA? HM?

I didn't sleep last night woo

• Bucket of Rainbows
VAY WON'T LET ME ADD 20 NEW SPARKLING HAPPY RATINGS OROCHI. >:[ GET OUT OF HERE.

I would add:

Gold Stars
Glittering Sparkles
Rose Petals
You're Welcome
I Want to Have Sex with You Right NOW
High Five
Fist Bump
Head Boops

SO MANY MORE.

I would add:

Gold Stars
Glittering Sparkles
Rose Petals
You're Welcome
I Want to Have Sex with You Right NOW
High Five
Fist Bump
Head Boops

SO MANY MORE.
That sex one would be really awkward. Just imagine all the instances of that rating being given across age groups. :|

Most of the rest seem gratuitous too.

@Vay, pls, keep up the good work of keeping Diana from going totally insane with the ratings. Thanks.

We need a button to counteract the 'Go Home, You're Drunk':
'How Many Drugs Have You Used'

Status
Not open for further replies.