No more negatives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks the hug icon looks like some sort of monster thing? I'm not sure if that's intentional or if I'm just seeing it really wrong. XD

Am I the only one who thinks the hug icon looks like some sort of monster thing? I'm not sure if that's intentional or if I'm just seeing it really wrong. XD
It's a Facehugger. Definitely intentional.

We need a button to counteract the 'Go Home, You're Drunk':
'How Many Drugs Have You Used'
'What are you on and can I have some?'

I guess this is for the better. Can still give low ratings to people's characters in the gallery though.. -cough-

First thought was "great now it's gonna be a hugbox where we have to explain our opinions on why something is bad" but then I figured. Meh.

I am happy to see them gone. Not because I was liberally slathered with them, but because it was a lazy means of discourse and probably a good way to hurt people's feelings.

It IS a facehugger. You are correct.

That is intentional. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Faust and Lawkheart
NO MORE NEGATIVES? BUT I HAD THAT -1 RATING THAT MADE ME SEEM LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF A TROLL/ASSHOLE/Pizza Boy

What do the new ratings signify?
They signify that a post is useful (the wrench rating named Useful), that someone deserves a bucket of rainbows for their post (the rainbow rating named Bucket of Rainbows), and that the poster needs a hug (the Facehugger rating named You Need A Hug).

And before you ask, no, I have no idea what deserving a bucket of rainbows actually means. Ask Diana if you want to understand, or just do what everyone else is doing and spam the hell out of them.

Lawkheart vomits rainbows, Gwazi is the facehugger, and Ser K+ is throwing wrenches at everyone's ass.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
/me carries on making @Cpt Toellner Iwaku's drunk

Also while we're talking ratings, am I the only one who always interpreted 'you get a cookie' as sarcastic/demeaning? Like a pat on the head that you'd give a little kid like "aww, good try, here have a cookie 8D"?

That... actually sounds magnificent! I have now found out what 'you get a cookie' means! 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
/me carries on making @Cpt Toellner Iwaku's drunk

Also while we're talking ratings, am I the only one who always interpreted 'you get a cookie' as sarcastic/demeaning? Like a pat on the head that you'd give a little kid like "aww, good try, here have a cookie 8D"?
I use it that way sometimes, but other times it's more of a "keep up the good work, kid." Still sort of patronizing, but not negatively so.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I use it that way sometimes, but other times it's more of a "keep up the good work, kid." Still sort of patronizing, but not negatively so.
I have a huge independence streak that makes me react really badly to patronizing things of any level...see I wouldalways interpret "good job, kid" as an insult :P probably just a me thing though

• Bucket of Rainbows
Wait, weren't you the one that handed out lots of dislikes, Minibit? Why dish something out that you can't tolerate receiving?

I have a huge independence streak that makes me react really badly to patronizing things of any level...see I wouldalways interpret "good job, kid" as an insult :P probably just a me thing though
Yeah, just a you thing, but that's fine. You expressed yourself, and that's what matters. Nice job, champ. Have a cookie. :bsmile:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Wait, weren't you the one that handed out lots of dislikes, Minibit? Why dish something out that you can't tolerate receiving?
1) dislike isn't patronizing, it's just a quick "I don't like this"
2) I said I react badly, not that I can't tolerate it. I tolerate it a hundred times a day when customers call me 'sweetie' or 'hon' or 'dear' and I smile and wish them a good day
3) I didn't hand out that many.
4) @Jorick you're a meanie :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.