Nightraven High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janna smiled softly, "Hello, there."

She smiled at both of the girls. She didn't really know what to say. Her cheeks were soon a rosy red color as she stood there in her own awkwardness. She was certain she was going to make a fool of herself. Janna could feel it. She stood to the side so that the girl could see the list. Ivan, Alfredo, Heidi, and Trent were all selected to go on the first expedition. She thought it was a good group to go, but she had to be honest with herself. She didn't really recognize a single name on the list.

Matt groaned as he rolled out of bed, the floor introducing itself to his face. His head throbbed, and the tiny noises an old building makes made him wince. He lay there awhile, wishing he had a room with carpet. He wondered if his roommate thought the same.

Where was his roommate? Filling his own mouth with fresh water, Matt tried pull his thoughts together. He had roomed with that Alice chick, he was in Australia, there probably weren't any snakes, and he was there to learn magic.

...That couldn't possibly be right, but when he shielded his eyes and looked up, he was in an unfamiliar room, with another bed opposite his. His watch (why hadn't he taken his watch off? What the hell happened last night?) said it was after eight, which was pretty late to get up on a schoolday. Deciding breakfast would make it better, he staggered out the door, still wearing his clothes from the day before.

Going for a stroll, Alfredo found himself walking by the bulletin board and noticed two girls standing by it. His Mexican blood compelled him towards the women "Hola senioritas, what are you two doing this fine evening next to a silly board?" He said with a smile.

"The people who will go on the expedition tomorrow have been chosen. I just posted it," Janna smiled at Alfredo and found herself shying away.

She hated it when she did that, but she couldn't help it. Janna was just really bad at talking to people and her face became even more pink the longer she stood there.

"Works for me." She idly comments, while reading the names and noticing that hers was absent from the list.

Alice then turns towards Alfredo as he approaches. "Oh, just checking who was heading out monster slaying. And making sure I wasn't on the list. What about you?"

Walking out of Zeke's shop, Pierre saw the two women and Alfredo moving towards them. As a frenchman he noticed when another nationality was bound to chase women, and this was one of those times.

He stopped at the bulletin board, determined Alfredo would not be the only foreigner with an alluring accent.

"Ah, bonjour mes amis! Is this the expedition sheet?" He asked, confirming Trent was on the list and congratulating himself on not signing up in his head.

"Yes. These are the postings as they stand," Janna answered politely, "Please excuse my poor manners, but may I please learn your names?"
Janna looked from person to person. She didn't recognize anyone except for Shah Do. Everyone else seemed to be a new face. At least Janna's Russian accent was mostly gone by now. She looked down at the ground and tried to avoid making contact with anyone.

"I see so this is the board for the people unfortunate enough to go on the first day huh? Might as well see who the suckers are." He looked towards the list and read out loud to himself, "Ivan Dmitri Strelnikov, Alfredo Salazar Lopez, Heidi Lerr, Tre- WAIT WHAT IS THIS I'M ON THE LIST! AY DIOS MIO!" Alfredo was now considering the many ways this could go wrong. Surely, this had to be a mistake or he's not as good in reading English than he thought. "This is the list for those NOT going right?" he frantically asked.

Janna looked at the outraged person. She stepped back in obvious fear, "I'm sorry. The people on the list were selected at random. I hope you won't worry. If you don't want to go, I will take your place."

Janna looked at the person she deemed to be of Hispanic descent. She wasn't quite sure, but she didn't want to make any wrong assumptions. She looked guilty as though it was her fault this person had been put on the list, "If you really don't want to go, I will. I've done it before and I can heal others so there's not a reason to worry about me."

His belly full of bacon, scrambled eggs and cornbread, Matt felt fully human again, though by no means good. Operating mostly on animal instincts, he sought out others of his kind, fervently hoping he didn't run into Zeke for a few hours. He nearly walked into the group clustered outside the board.

Matt winced at Alfredo's voice. "Dude. Bro. Alf, buddy. Indoor voices. Dude. What going on?"

"I'm Alice Winters. And if your manners are bad, I don't even want to know what mine are like..."

And then, to Alfredo: "Somehow I don't think you're that lucky..."

Pierre, in a rare moment of empathy for another person, realized that Alfredo would need to go on the same trip as the American, even if he was a Mexican this truly was a horrible fate.
He layed a hand on Alfredos shoulder and said what he thought were comforting words. "Ah mon ami, sorry about you being sent out with... Trent." As he said the last word, Pierre glared into the distance.

He then remembered that Janna had asked his name, and reverted to his normal self.
"Ah, pardon my rudeness, je suis Pierre Gagnon, de Quebec." He then took one of Janna's hands and lightly kissed it. "And yourself?"

"Nice to meet you Alice. My name is Janna White. I run around doing school errands. Excuse me... but who is Trent?" Janna asked softly.

She could only wonder if her voice was heard over the group of people now gathering around the bulletin board. Janna knew this would happen, but now there was no way for her to sneak away. Janna kept her gaze on the ground and tried her best to hide her face that was now a soft shade of pink. At the action of Pierre kissing her hand her face was even more red than before and now there was no way to hide it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Trent? Dude that sang the national anthem last night. That happened, right?"

Matt rubbed his head. He was now pretty sure he hadn't dreamed any of the stuff that happened yesterday, but that sounded like the sort of thing his subconscious would make up.

Holy shit, Matt thought. He was going to learn magic.

"Do you always turn pink at social gatherings?" Alice inquires of Janna, before glancing over at the others.

Seeing a women try to take his place hurt his pride as man. How could he send a women to go in harms away instead? He turned towards the one asking him to be quiet "Nothing amigo, just a little excited is all! AHAHAHA" he turned back to the two ladies in front of him, and looked towards Janna "Don't worry seniorita, seeing as how I was selected at random, it must be my destiny to go out and fight! I may be scared of being led by a guy i know nothing about, but I will make the best of it!" he stated with a thumbs up. He looked towards the girl who called herself Alice, "The only ones unlucky are the ones I'm going to have to fight." Feeling Pierre's hand on his shoulder, he said "Don't worry amigo, I've dealt with a gringo once or twice before. He won't be a problem." Alfredo flashed him a thumbs up as well.

"He... did sing that national anthem, didn't he. Why exactly did he do something like that? Is there some kind of American custom I'm missing here?" After thinking about it, she does look pretty confused.

"Well, good luck, Alfredo. I'll be cheering... from the saftey of the school."

"Not pink. Red." Ivan interjected, appearing once again from the ephemeral shadows. "Is color of removing kebab."

Hearing Alice's remark Pierre smirked. "He's simply a con like we say in Quebec. An idiot."
Getting the thumbs up from Alfredo, Pierre simply nodded.

Janna looked at Alice, "Yes... it's a very bad habit. I'm just really bad with crowds."

Janna looked up at the one who recently walked in, "Sang the National Anthem? I don't believe I was there for that event."

She looked over at the one who she now identified as Alfredo, "I'm glad that you will be going then. I know it sounds bad, but it's really not. My father just seems to exaggerate things at times. I'm sorry if he's caused any of you undo distress."

Janna stumbled at the sudden appearance of another student.

Status
Not open for further replies.