Nightraven High School

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Janna looked awkward holding the Russian gun and did what Greg motioned for her to do. She tried shooting the gun and she stumbled back and set the gun down carefully.

Professor Salazyn was wandering the halls and he noticed Matt with a sack, "You weren't hoping to steal from the school, were you?"
Salazyn smiled a dark smile, almost sinister. He walked away and disappeared into the darkness.

"But you see, seniorita, instead of taking your time to hit them from afar, you can better use your time to instead get closer!" Alfredo said. He then turned to Pierre, "Ah, the sword is a great weapon, I would carry one as well if I had the money and training amigo."

"I don't know, I'd figure at least some of them would be more dangerous up close." With that said, she turns her focus towards the shooting range.

At first she just squeezes off a few shots, trying to get a feel for the weapon.

Janna could see now that she was not fit for guns. It was too much power for her tiny body to handle, "Maybe I will just do what I always do and just heal people when they get hurt..."
Janna sighed softly. She couldn't use any weapons if she tried. She just didn't know how to.

"It's not that difficile, Alfredo, it simply takes practice, peut-etre I could give you a lesson some time?"

Janna looked at Pierre, "Perhaps you could extend that invitation to me as well? Guns are clearly something I can't handle..."

It was muffled, but Greg could hear Janna. On advantage of good ear protection, he supposed. He holstered his gun and marched over to her, shooting her an incredulous look, "You've fired it once. Literally once. And you're using a Mosin. Look, just-" he grabbed a .22 off of a nearby rack, thrusting it towards her, "-just try this instead. It won't bruise your shoulder as much."
With that, he walked back to the range.

"I HAVE A SURPRISING AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE WITH GUNS. I COULD HELP YOU... FOR A PRICE"

Alice is meanwhile faring somewhat better, although it's not hard to tell that it's her first time handling one of the things. Well, technically second if you count her vase kill.

She has figured out that it's better to fire in short bursts than to just mash the trigger, though. That's certainly something.

"But of course, Janna, I could teach you both later, it's not so bad when you get the hang of it. Perhaps Zeke could emprunter a couple of swords to me."

That was the other upside to the mufflers: They made Zeke tolerable. "I think she'll be fine, Zeke. Might want to wait until she's willing to actually fire the damn thing"
Another two hits to the torso, nearer to the center this time. Gregory made a mental note to buy some hollowpoints for soft targets.

"I bought this stuff from Zeke a little while back. Some assembly required." Matt opened the sack, showing a couple PVC pipes, a few nozzles, a few metal rods, a bit of hose, and, most mysteriously, a scuba tank. "Hey teach!" He yelled after Salazyn. "We got a wood shop or something around here?"

"Maybe I'll take you up on that offer, there's got to be something you Frenchies do with your swords that I can apply to my girl Mayahuel here." He said, lightly swinging his guitar.

Janna was suddenly handed yet another gun. She couldn't believe Greg would give her look such as that. It wasn't her fault she didn't know how to use them. She sighed, "Thanks Zeke, but I don't have the money to pay for such a service."

Janna used the gun that was forcibly shoved into her tiny hands. She was intrigued by them and found it interesting that they could kill so easily and so quickly. Janna took aim and she was doing better this time, but it wasn't because the gun was different. And she overheard Greg. Janna couldn't take it.

"Well, you don't have to be so rude! I'm nothing but nice to you and all you do is talk down to me. You ungrateful little-" Janna stopped herself. It wasn't worth her breath. She wasn't going to let people talk down to her and she walked out.

Salazyn turned around on his heels, "There is a wood shop. Just around the corner from here."
He pointed to the north east and then continued on his way.

"Huh?" She glances in the general direction of Greg and Janna, not having really caught what went on, having been busy with guns and the firing thereof.

"Well fuckin' excuse me, Janna, but it's not my fault you decided to give up after one shot. If you want to stand off to the side and be a healbot for the rest of your life, go on ahead. I'm not about to force you to make something of yourself."

Ivan slapped the .22 out of Janna's hands before giving the Mosin to her. This time, he also gave her a bottle of vodka.

".22 is for tickle babies." he explained. "Use real gun."

Reactions: 2 people
Alice seems to decide that it's not really any of her business, before turning back to the firing of weapons upon targets.

"I think I'm starting to get the feel for this at least. Probably a lot harder in the middle of an actual fight against a moving enemy, though..." She ponders aloud, while trying to further refine her aim.

"You're doing fine, Alice. The AK series isn't meant to be accurate, it's meant to be a bullet hose. Try sweeping it back and forth in a horizontal arc." Greg turns to look at Alice and notices a distinct lack of Janna in the room, "Hey, where'd Janna go? I thought she wanted to learn how to shoot?"

Janna barely made it to the hallway before she just got light headed. She wasn't feeling well at all. Janna walked to the infirmary and she just passed out there.

"Ohh, gotcha. And I don't know, she said something and left but I didn't really hear her. I think she's mad or something."

She starts trying what Greg recommended, using longer bursts of horizontal fire on the target. She ends up getting more bullets on the target, though with far less than pinpoint accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.