Nightraven High School (Full)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, now, this isn't a competition.

hey, didn't tune into this thread for a while, so I'm a bit late to say: I'm greatly enjoying this game.

I'm not dead, but I am in a phone call right now.

I'll post once that's done.

Edit: Back now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling you guys this for a reason, when you applied for this school you already knew what you'd be doing. (especially because most of you applied as upperclassman) I mean I've been playing along with it for a while, I'm assuming you all read the first post of this roleplay. I clearly stated that it's been known for the students of professor Kraven's academy to hunt for the dark creatures. In other words, by filling out the application, you gave your consent that you would hunt the creatures. It's literally the main plot of this roleplay. If you or your character didn't want to hunt anything, they probably would not have been accepted into the academy in the first place. I even mentioned the possibility of your character dying.

And to quote Parcer he said that his character transferred halfway through freshman year. If anything, his character should be familiar with a lot of things at Nightraven High School seeing that his character is now a sophomore. cvvc said that his character was sent here because of the police if I recall. Shah Do's bio actually mentioned that she'd been at the academy for some years.

I was hoping that your characters already knew the possibility of death and that they'd be fighting creatures when they got there. Since they don't it's been very hard for me to explain IC. Long story short cut me some slack. =/

But what about my character's question? His concerns are about the time effects of the realm.

It's not deat that is the problem here. It is the concept of unaging child soldiers being thrown to the wolves with little-to-no training. Also, the stated purpose is clearly to "...teach others like [Kraven] how to function naturally in society by teaching them how use their powers."
The monster fights are auxiliary at best.

Just to let you know, I, personally, do not have a problem with this taking a darker turn, but you have to ask yourself how a 15-year-old is going to react to this situation, especially a 15-year-old who is familiar with the X-Men.

EDIT: Going to bed now, be back in eight to ten hours of glorious sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I've been just playing it off that my character accepts that she'll eventually go fight the dark things, but is really not eager to do so without proper training and stuff.

I thought the aging thing would come as a shock, though. I don't think it's been mentioned before?

My guy was surprised because I thought we had to sign up for it, which my guy didn't. Other than that I think he's been fine with everything more or less.

This is a little less Hogwarts, a little more Black Ship. Tone down the edge, would you QM?

This is a little less Hogwarts, a little more Black Ship. Tone down the edge, would you QM?
That's not all that fair, the premise was pretty clearly stated. Nothing bad has really happened so far.

It's not deat that is the problem here. It is the concept of unaging child soldiers being thrown to the wolves with little-to-no training. Also, the stated purpose is clearly to "...teach others like [Kraven] how to function naturally in society by teaching them how use their powers."
The monster fights are auxiliary at best.

Just to let you know, I, personally, do not have a problem with this, but you have to ask yourself how a 15-year-old is going to react to this situation, especially a 15-year-old who is familiar with the X-Men.
I will just roll with it. I understand where you're coming from and I will edit things accordingly to try to clear up some misconceptions.

That's cool. It never hurts to talk about these things if you think there is a problem. No such thing as too much communication between GM/players, provided it's amicable and mostly level headed.

Though it seems like Parser is gone for the night, what are we going to do now?

For now, I think I'm going to do some planning. I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow or not because I will be making several trips to the hospital.

Alright. No pressure, if you've gotta do stuff, you've gotta do stuff. We've been playing a lot lately anyway.

For now, I think I'm going to do some planning. I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow or not because I will be making several trips to the hospital.
For whatever reason you're going, I hope for the best.

I'm confused as to what you want toned down.
All the dead babies, I guess. I'm getting a really bad feeling from the story of how every single government in the world independently decided to brutally kill little kids because they had superpowers. I've honestly developed a certain amount of respect for your storytelling abilities thus far, but I'm really getting an "everyone hates us because we're special" vibe off it just now.

Hope you're okay.

I know what that's like. Happened to me in january plenty of times. (though it was someone other than me who I visited, it was none the easier)

Um I will give you all the low down so you aren't confused if I don't post tomorrow:

My father has been in and out of the hospital for the past week or so. He's been deathly sick and the doctors are saying that I could lose(check my English translation on that. Still not sure if lose is the right word) my father within the next few days. My father is a great storyteller. In fact, Kraven is inspired by him and this story is one he came up with years ago (I'm not doing it any justice trust me. It was much better when I was a child). This roleplay is actually really hard for me to do because my father loves roleplaying just as much as I do and I wanted to show him that I'm attempting to bring one of my favorite stories to life.

I really just wanted to thank you guys for being a part of this. I know I'm not the best GMs as I've said, but I'm going to do my best to make sure everyone enjoys this and that we tell a story Iwaku will never forget. I promise there will be some joyous times, you just have to let me get there.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.