Nightraven High School (Full)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how exactly the terrain will be. It will spoil all the surprises =(

So, are we going to move to the group chat now? Matt, you want to join me and Ivan there?

There's no 'armory' area. Do we say we have whatever weapons, or..?

EDIT: What group chat?

Also, were we not supposed to RP our classes, or are we chronologically between eight and nine?

Classes are cancelled today for some Olympics thing the next day

Ah well, if in the event a spot does free up, I threw together a character.

Name: Danny Wong

Grade: 12

Power: Instinctive Bruce Lee-level martial arts ability and knowledge of how to use literally any physical object (EG: teacup, fold-up desk, cardboard box) as a weapon.

The ability only activates when Danny believes he is under physical threat and deactivates as soon as he thinks he is safe. He does not have active control of his ability and he has absolutely no idea how it works, only that when he fights, he's incredibly dangerous. An incoming punch, for example, will trigger an automatic block-and-counter. He's described it as "Like flailing your arms around, only everybody get hit and fall over!"

There is another downside. Once Danny starts fighting, it takes an extreme amount of willpower (something he lacks) for him to stop before the danger has passed.

While his speed and reflexes go through the roof, he is limited by the relative fraility of his body, and while he'll be able to fight like a wildcat, he WILL feel every hit and he WILL be exhausted/in pain afterwards.

Appearance:
8Kmu0qJ.jpg

Personality: Danny is a scatterbrained, easily startled student who is only interested in living out a normal life and doesn't want any trouble. He is meek, the thought of conflict terrifies him and he will retreat into his shell when threatened. When his ability is active, he is extremely apologetic and visibly scared of what he is doing. When calm, he is friendly and talkative, even though his English is very stilted and formal from growing up in Hong Kong. He is physically lazy and his body is skinny from lack of exercise and poor eating habits.

Biography: Danny Wong was born Wong Tse Tung in central Hong Kong. He was raised to be studious, and was constantly lectured by his parents about how he was "lazy" and "incapable of contributing to society" now matter how much effort he put in. They pushed him hard at everything he did, insisting he would be the finest pharmacist slash restaurant owner to ever operate in Hong Kong. As a bit of a nerd, he was bullied in school, until at the age of fourteen one of his bullies took it too far and went to hit him. Danny's power activated suddenly and without warning. The school faculty members would later say that they found said bully hung by his underwear on the school flagpole, covered in bruises and with his arms and legs tied together with a handkerchief, a pair of suspenders and the boy's belt.

His parents, saying that "We did not raise our government mandated only child to be a dirty hoodlum!" kicked their son out and sent him to his grandfather's. Yeah, they were evil like that. His grandfather was old and senile and as such Danny spent four years looking after himself before being approached and invited to the school. The offer of a protected environment was more than enough to convince the kid to come along quietly. After all, he didn't want any trouble.

Other: Default classes, plus Herbology and History.

Okay, since creating perfect cyberdi.. I mean saucers is boring, I've decided to cook up a random table for creation. From on, I'll roll publically whenever I'm creating a saucer, and use the results to determine what kind of metallic junk my character gets. Training will be represented by various bonuses (such as being able to adjust certain rolls, or maybe rerolls.)

edit, the previously created saucers remain in existence, but I can control, at this point, up to two. The rest just sit inactive in the room I share with Ivan. The amount that I can control should realistically improve with the training in how to control classes.

1d3 for saucer type:
1 random water furniture (d6):
- 1 kitchen sink (d6 1-3: single, 4-6 double)
- 2 bathtub
- 3 miniature
- 4 swimming pool
- 5 Ale keg
- 6 cauldron
2 random kitchen implement (d6):
- 1 teacup
- 2 tin can
- 3 teapot
- 4 coffee brewer (metal)
- 5 pressure cooker,
- 6 rotary mixer
3 random UFO (d6) cyberdisk
- 1 small scout (squat round)
- 2 medium scout (square-ish octagonal)
- 3 large scout (cross shaped)
- 4 manta ship (like a manta)
- 5 supply ship (like a chew toy)
- 6 cyberdisk (flat round)

up to 1d3 additional features: roll d6 for each feature, then roll d4 for location
- 1 robotic arms (d6)
- 2 hologram projector
- 3 loudspeaker
- 4 turret (no armament)
- 5 rider chasis
- 6 cargo hold (size is one regular backpack)

1d4:
- 1 bottom,
- 2 top,
- 3 side,
- 4 on existing feature (rolled randomly between existing features, if no features exist, treat result as bottom)

is it alright?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, QM. You do realize we are seated around the sides of the room, yeah?
There are no corners.

What do you mean there are no corners? I describe the room to be arranged in columns and rows. Unless you mean you sat on the outside desks. There are corners of the room. I know because I designed it.
Yo, QM. You do realize we are seated around the sides of the room, yeah?
There are no corners.

We did. Mexico is at one corner, I'm at another, and I'm pretty sure Danny and Pavel have the other two. The others are also on the outside desks as well.

What do you mean there are no corners? I describe the room to be arranged in columns and rows. Unless you mean you sat on the outside desks. There are corners of the room. I know because I designed it.
each corner is occupied by another student

Oh that's what you mean. I see. Well I will edit then. Didn't realize EVERY corner was taken.

Sheesh, a guy can't take a shower without being declared dead?

Due to a series of unfortunate events, there is a possibility that I may Shut Down Nightraven High School. I will try my best to keep it going, but I'm really stressed out as of late.

That's unfortunate to hear.

I'm definitely enjoying this, but if you need to take a break or something, I don't think anyone's going to blame you.

Either way, good luck.

That's unfortunate to hear.

I'm definitely enjoying this, but if you need to take a break or something, I don't think anyone's going to blame you.

Either way, good luck.
I'm glad to hear that someone is enjoying the RP. I will work extra hard to keep it going then.

Status
Not open for further replies.