Newbie Care Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're working on it. We might have to make a waiting list. Sorry everyone. We just don't have enough volunteers! We'll notify everyone as soon as we come to a decision. Anyone with immediate questions can pm me for the time being
@Soulserenity20 @Ali @Princess Poisoned Rose

I haven't been needed by either of my new siblings in a while, I could take on two more and be a temporary guide for a few others if you want/need!

• Thank You
Reactions: Ali
Hello. I just joined today. If I could have one of these packages, I'd appreciate it.

Hey Cyanide! Sorry for taking so long to get to your request - I'm just about to start it, but before I do; did you want a banner like this or like this ?? Just curious! Please let me know!
The first one.

Reactions: Ali
I just came to say hi. ouo I just made my account last night.

The starter bag sounds cool... is there a starter pokemon in there too? XD

Greetings,
Just joined and would welcome any starter pack or assistance to get started.
I am willing to hang tight and wait for a buddy!
Thanks!

Is it to late to get the Newbie thing...? Might help me get settled in to Iwaku, still pretty confused about this place.

Hi to those who have yet to receive a response from anyone regarding a guide or their care package - I apologize for the wait!! Currently, we're slightly under-staffed in the newbie guides department, so I'd like to ask all of you to wait for us patiently as we get things sorted, and figure out exactly who needs what and things of that nature.

Reactions: Taran Wanderer
Allo there, as of now I kinda need a lil' help understanding mechanics and stuff ^.^
Perhaps later on i'll claim some more stuff from the list, but a big brodah/sistah is something i truly need right now >.<
Thanks <3

Hi to those who have yet to receive a response from anyone regarding a guide or their care package - I apologize for the wait!! Currently, we're slightly under-staffed in the newbie guides department, so I'd like to ask all of you to wait for us patiently as we get things sorted, and figure out exactly who needs what and things of that nature.
Totally understandable. I believe the only thing that I would like to request (obviously, when anyone could get to it) is a sister/brother helper just to get me started. And perhaps to recommend a few Roleplays. I'm not exactly well versed in the forum medium, but I'm learning. Definitely appreciate this package to help us newbies get started.

This seems pretty good. I would like a care package.

I can volunteer to take another as well, if that helps?

Hello! I hope i'm not too late to take y'all up on the care package. :) That would really be lovely.

Hello! I am interested in the care package, though mostly number 1, 5 and 6, as i have yet to make any characters.

How do i cash this? i might need the brother pack :D

Would I be able to cash in a care package? I'm very new to role playing sites since I've only ever done it on social media before ;;

Hey guys, we're really sorry about the delay especially in regards to guides. We have been getting new volunteers, but nowhere near as quickly as we're getting newbies. The ones who assign guides @Soulserenity20 @Ali are also both rather busy so there may be a little bit of a wait.

In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to ask me (heyyyy, I'm firejay1!), soul, or anyone else under the "temporary guides" list. Just shoot any of us a PM. :)

As for the rest of the care package, just read the first few posts and fill out the appropriate forms. :) If you're newer than two months here, you're eligible!

TO ALL NEWBS THAT ARE UNSURE HOW TO JOIN ROLEPLAYS OR NAVIGATE THE SITE OVERALL

Since we're having a bit of a delay with giving out big brothers to everyone, here's a little guide on what's what on iwaku and how to join roleplays from your dear Red-senpai :D

ONE X ONE SECTIONS EXPLAINED

Seeking one on one partners - Here you find a partner for your one x one roleplay, or join other peoples one x one roleplays. If you want to join other peoples roleplays, read their requests carefully to make sure you can meet their requirements if they have any, then it's just to message them or reply in the thread telling them that you are interested in roleplaying with them. The actual roleplay will be started in the One on One in character section. Sometimes there will be a pink prefix beside the title of a roleplay in that section. If it has a pink prefix saying 'First response' it means that the first person who writes in it becomes the partner. It's basically a jump in for one on one roleplays. All roleplays without a prefix are already planned out with other people and should not be jumped into even if no one has responded to the thread yet.

GROUP ROLEPLAY SECTIONS EXPLAINED

If you are unsure what roleplay to join, you can make it a bit easier for yourself and just post up a thread in the seeking group invites section. Tell people what kind of roleplays you like (genre, scenarios etc.) and tell them a bit about how you write and hopefully a Gamemaster or player will find something that suits you :)

If you have started your own group roleplay you can advertise it in the group roleplay advertisement area. Or if you have an idea but aren't sure if it would be popular or you want to discuss it with others before posting it up, you can use the interest checking and creation area.

The group rp and plot info section is where you actually join roleplays. Find a roleplay you like and post up a character. Wait for the GM to approve your character before writing in the in character thread if it has already been created.

Prefixes beside title explanation:
No bios required - You can jump in immediately in the in character thread without having posted a character beforehand. This is a jump in roleplay.
Bio and jump in - This is a jump in, but you must post up your character before joining. You do not have to wait for the game master to approve of the character.
Open sign ups - This is the most common prefix and means that you should post a character and then wait for the GM to approve of your character, then you can join the roleplay.
Close sign up - This roleplay is closed for new players and cannot be joined.
By invitation only - This roleplay can only be joined if you have been invited. If you really want to join, send the Game master (creator of the first post in the thread) a message to ask them if it's okay for you to join.

After you have joined and been accepted into a roleplay, you will be roleplaying in the group in character section.

Our last form of roleplaying is chat roleplays. You can create or sign up for chat roleplays in the chat roleplay and signup section. Since these takes place in real time, make sure that you have time on the given date the roleplay takes place and that it fits your time zone.

FAST EXPLANATION OF OTHER SECTIONS OF THE SITE:

CONTENT

This section is meant for learning and writing. People posts guides, lessons, excercises and discussions here. There are also a portrait studio where you can request portraits for your characters or do portraits yourself. The media shop and request area is for requesting and making banners, avatars etc. And lastly showcasing is meant for if you want to showcase your work. It can be paintings or writings or other creative things, the only rule is that it is made by you.

COMMUNITY
  • Announcement and news are where we will post all our updates. I would recommend watching that section to make sure you don't miss anything new.
  • New arrivals and departures are where newbies comes to say hello, which you probably already knew 8D
  • General chat is where we chat about anything and everything
  • Help desk is where you ask for help about things regarding iwaku
  • Off site advertisement is where you can post advertisement for things that aren't on iwaku.

In the menu bar we have a few more cool things like

CLANS
This is where people make their own clubs. Some uses it as a place for roleplaying as well, but mostly it's made up of hobby clubs. Groups are erased if they have been inactive for a couple of months, so make sure not to create a roleplay there without saving it somewhere else if you want to look back on it later :D By the way, don't forget to join the best club, Animanga. *Shameless advertisement*

CHARACTERS
This is our character gallery. Post up your characters here if you use the same characters more than once. Or if you only use them once. That's up to you. ^^ The character gallery requires a picture to post up a character. If you don't use pictures for your characters, I would recommend using your blog for your characters :) Speaking of the devil...

BLOGS
Here you can write about your daily life, reviews, characters or whatever you want (within iwaku rules of course). Just write away.

CHAT
Here we have a general chat chat instead of a general forum chat. :3 There are also other rooms you can join, both for just talking and for roleplaying.

Phew, that was a lot of information. Just send a message to me, firejay1, soulserenity20, Hana or Jorick if you have any further questions about any part of iwaku ^^ Hopefully we'll be able to give out more personal guides soon 8D

Okay. For the time being: all newbies can message me until I can sort out guides. I will check my iwaku inbox 2-3 times a day and respond to All of you. Yes. I said it. So feel free to utilize me as your temp guide until I can sort this out XD I'm very friendly, so don't worry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.