Newbie Care Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome, Divinity!

Right now, all we have to offer are mentors, since we're going through some heavy revamps right now. If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions, just to make sure I can find the best mentor I can for you?

Do you like playing in group RPs or 1x1 more? Both?

Do you prefer to RP by chat or by forum? No preference?

Finally, how well are you navigating Iwaku itself?

I like both settings! I do prefer smaller groups/1x1 settings for rp though.

Forums are really stressful for me so by chat/message is the best for me.

I feel like I'm navigating fine, but I'm still trying to see where I fit in and who works best for me, y'know? So someone so help me through and to chat with would be fantastic.

(Hey, thank you for this btw. This is really great of you!)

I like both settings! I do prefer smaller groups/1x1 settings for rp though.

Forums are really stressful for me so by chat/message is the best for me.

I feel like I'm navigating fine, but I'm still trying to see where I fit in and who works best for me, y'know? So someone so help me through and to chat with would be fantastic.

(Hey, thank you for this btw. This is really great of you!)
Thank YOU! ♥ I hope that @IceQueen is helpful for you! To send a PM, just click the name and when the window comes up, click the link that says Start a Conversation (you can do this with any linked name or avatar, too).

Also, if you like chatting best, we have a pretty active Discord server! Just make sure to set your nickname to your username on here.

I was told I should take you guys up on this deal... how do I do so? Thanks in advance!

I was told I should take you guys up on this deal... how do I do so? Thanks in advance!
Heya! To help The Mood is Write pair you with a mentor that suits your needs you'll need to answer a couple of questions (more like three).

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Heya! To help The Mood is Write pair you with a mentor that suits your needs you'll need to answer a couple of questions (more like three).

1. I actually think Both are fun

2. Mostly Forum... I don't mind chat but I prefer forum

3. So far I've been doing fine, I've been part of a different, much smaller, Roleplay website but I think I've gotten the hang of it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hello,

I'd like the part of the big brother/sister of this welcoming package the rest isn't really needed. I'll do any sort of roleplay (private chat/forum/....) and prefer medieval/fantasy themes, as soon as guns start getting used I run the other way as fast as possible.

If some more information is needed for the assignment of the big brother, just ask!

cheers

1. I actually think Both are fun

2. Mostly Forum... I don't mind chat but I prefer forum

3. So far I've been doing fine, I've been part of a different, much smaller, Roleplay website but I think I've gotten the hang of it.
Hi and welcome, InfiniteBellum! For a moment there I misread your name as Bhelliom, which is a plot device from one of my favorite book series. =D

For your mentor, I'm going to ask @~Happily.Ever.After~ to help you out! Just click the name, and when a window comes up, click Start a Conversation. This trick'll work with any clickable icon or name across the site!

Hello,

I'd like the part of the big brother/sister of this welcoming package the rest isn't really needed. I'll do any sort of roleplay (private chat/forum/....) and prefer medieval/fantasy themes, as soon as guns start getting used I run the other way as fast as possible.

If some more information is needed for the assignment of the big brother, just ask!

cheers
Hi, Iskariot, and welcome! That info's super helpful,though I need to know two more things before I can offer a mentor for ya.

Do you wanna RP in the forums more or in chat?

Are you having a hard time at all navigating Iwaku?

Hello and welcome :3

At the moment yes, because they are so vast and I want to take a look at most things however given a few days I'll get used to it.

It's really the same for me, if a choice is needed I'll flip a coin ..

Cheers.
Sorry for the delay on this!

@Sir Basil might be a good mentor for you! Just click on the name and when the window comes up, click Start a Conversation. Nice thing about this trick is it works on all linked avatars and names across the site. ;D

Reactions: Sir Basil
Hello! Um, I suppose I would like to thank you first for the kind offers. This is kinda cool! :)
I would like to request the 5 and 6 offers, please.

Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy, Scifi, Slice of Life (Human or Anthro/furry), Romance, and action though I am open to anything with an interesting plot.
Prefered Roleplay Types: I would like to start off in a group. I am not familiar with chat role plays (the only types I have done have been group forum threads and one x one (on threads and in PM).
Other Preferences: A comfortable posting speed (either a few times a day to once a day, though once may be preferred due to busy life schedule).

Thank you very much, I hope I filled this out correctly. I also had a quick question regarding the avatar option and just wanted to know a little bit more on what the entails. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tarieles
Hello! Um, I suppose I would like to thank you first for the kind offers. This is kinda cool! :)
I would like to request the 5 and 6 offers, please.

Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy, Scifi, Slice of Life (Human or Anthro/furry), Romance, and action though I am open to anything with an interesting plot.
Prefered Roleplay Types: I would like to start off in a group. I am not familiar with chat role plays (the only types I have done have been group forum threads and one x one (on threads and in PM).
Other Preferences: A comfortable posting speed (either a few times a day to once a day, though once may be preferred due to busy life schedule).

Thank you very much, I hope I filled this out correctly. I also had a quick question regarding the avatar option and just wanted to know a little bit more on what the entails. :)
Hi and welcome to Iwaku! =D

Right now, we're going through some changes in the NCP, so we can only offer mentors right now. I think @Tarieles would make a good mentor for you, though! Just click the username and it should open a window with a link to Start a Conversation, and once you click that, you're good to go! Handy trick, it's useful anywhere a username or icon are clickable. ;D

---

@TheAvianDream
Hey, I see you deleted a post in here. You didn't mess up, though. I can only offer a mentor right now—if you'd like to answer a few questions, I could assign someone for ya. ♥

Do you want to play more in the forums or in chat?
Do you prefer 1x1 play or groups?
Are you getting around the site alright?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tarieles
Hi and welcome to Iwaku! =D

Right now, we're going through some changes in the NCP, so we can only offer mentors right now. I think @Tarieles would make a good mentor for you, though! Just click the username and it should open a window with a link to Start a Conversation, and once you click that, you're good to go! Handy trick, it's useful anywhere a username or icon are clickable. ;D

---

@TheAvianDream
Hey, I see you deleted a post in here. You didn't mess up, though. I can only offer a mentor right now—if you'd like to answer a few questions, I could assign someone for ya. ♥

Do you want to play more in the forums or in chat?
Do you prefer 1x1 play or groups?
Are you getting around the site alright?
That's alright, I just need someone I can ask questions about the site, so this will work just fine! ^^ Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
hello! thanks for the neat swag bag but i just want a mentor, i'm super lost lol.
what questions do I have to answer? (it looks like everyones answering diff ones--)

hello! thanks for the neat swag bag but i just want a mentor, i'm super lost lol.
what questions do I have to answer? (it looks like everyones answering diff ones--)
Hi and welcome! Right now, we only have mentors to offer, but we have really fabulous ones. =) And sorry for the varied-looking questions. I don't copy-paste them! They're pretty simple, though.

Do you want to do group RPs?
Do you want to do 1x1 RPs?
Chat roleplay preference?
Forum preference?
And finally, how well are you getting around the site in general? Just navigation-wise, I mean.

oh, alright! so i:
  • am only interested in 1x1 for now (probably forever hahaha)
  • don't have a preference between chats or forums (if im understanding that forums are in the open and chats are in private?)
  • am very confused about the site, lol. im pretty lost but i'm trying ;u;

oh, alright! so i:
  • am only interested in 1x1 for now (probably forever hahaha)
  • don't have a preference between chats or forums (if im understanding that forums are in the open and chats are in private?)
  • am very confused about the site, lol. im pretty lost but i'm trying ;u;
Awesome! Thanks bunches and bunches! ♥

Chats can be private or can be open, they're just formats for the RP. =)

I think @Greenie will be a good match for you! Just to help you through one of the things I had a hard time figuring out when I first joined, I'm gonna walk you through how to send a PM, in case you don't know yet!

The linked name above? Just click that, and when a little window pops up, click Start a Conversation. This works on any linked name or icon across the site! If that doesn't work, go to your inbox (the envelope in the upper right corner of the site and write in Greenie's name in a new PM/Conversation. =D

Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.