New Guardian (zaddyXsilverjae)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Areiz nodded a little at Jack and struggled to her feet. Her first try landed her back on her knees. A second try allowed her a shaky stand. A deeo breath calmed her, but she no longer spoke.

He put his arm around her and sighed as he looked at North. "Is it alright if I take her back to the pole...I don't think she could continue for the moment..."

North looked the two up and down and nodded solemnly. He tossed the snowglobe and the portal opened to the North Pole. Areiz felt Jack's arm. She blinked to make sure she wasn't imagining it. Next thing she knew she was in the North Pole. She had stepped through the portal and now she stood, shaking from realization o what just happened and the cold.

Jack stepped through with her and took her hand once they reached the pole; he looked around and went to grab her a blanket from a closet which was close to a room that he stayed in when he stayed with North during the summer months. "Maybe you should rest..." he told her.

Areiz gently, without thinking, set her head on Jack's shoulder. She was tired, she did need to rest, but she couldn't form the words. She didn't understand why Dark went after her, or why he even confronted them at all.

Jack rubbed her back. "Come on...I'll let you rest in my room." He brought her into his room which was a bit cold but he didn't take notice since he was so used to the cold, luckily she had such a warm blanket. "I'm sorry if the room is a bit cold for you..." Jack apologized.

Areiz shook her head slightly to show it was okay. She curled up on the bed, her hood had fallen off but it didn't matter now. There wasn't any pressure on her. Nothing she was supposed to do. -Why didn't I realize he was right there when he came through?- she thought to herself, taking a deep breath. She cleared her mind and her eyes drifted closed, but she didn't sleep really, it was more a half-conscious state of rest.

Jack sat at the foot of his bed and leaned against the wall as he let her lay on his bed; he hoped she would be alright since she seemed to be having issues with this dark guy, sitting his staff to the side he then closed his own eyes so he could rest a bit.

Areiz slid into sleep several minutes later. She woke up about an hour later, yawning. She wasn't as cold now, and the fear from earlier seemed to have dissipate. She sat up and stretching, letting her jacket slip down to her elbows and her blue shirt comforted her. She didn't say anything, just looked around and laid back again, staring at the ceiling.

Jack sat at the end of the bed as he looked out the window; he had been waiting to hear from the other guardians, a smile came to his face as he looked over to see Baby Tooth come in and began talking to her. He stood and looked over at the girl. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

Areiz listened to Baby Tooth quietly, but sat up when Jack spoke. She shook her head. "Not really."
Baby Tooth perched on her shoulder as she sat up.
Areiz pulled the jacket back up over her shoulders, careful of Baby Tooth, letting Baby Tooth resettle on her shoulder.

Jack nodded and walked over to her and sat beside her, putting his arm around the girl. "Did you want to finish what you were talking about...I know it was probably something you didn't want to talk about but sometimes talking works..."

Areiz gazed into his eyes a moment before looking at her hands. "O-okay. Well.." She remembered stopping her story at the note. "The note. It told me I would be filling in Cupid's place.. And that I was going to help the Guardians.. Everything I had was.. Burned. I.. I didn't know what to do. To be honest, I-I'm not very.. Brave. I'm shy.. And insecure.. And usually I stay out of things. I don't see how I can help fight.. Him. He uses the fire against me.. Illusions I know, but so real." She stopped for a moment. "The children are so delicate.. And he breaks through them like a branch through a web" she curled her hands into fists and lets them hand loosely by her side.

Jack nodded and pulled her close. "I can see why you're afraid of fire after dying in one...but hey, sure you're brave. It just takes awhile to find that bravery."

Areiz thought about his words a moment. Sje thought of Dark's maniacal laughter. "What are you afraid of?" She asked in almost a silent whisper. Her hands unclenched, but she did not look up.

"Me, I'm afraid of not being believed in..." Jack replied. "Then again, I think that's just about every spirit's fear." He said and smiled a little. "But I know that we'll eventually get this guy like we took care of Pitch...we just have to figure out how."

Areiz nodded. She rested her head on his shoulder and stared at the door, thinking. "What would be the one fear, fear itself would have?" She said aloud, quietly, as if the answer would spring out from a hiding place.

"Well, Pitch was afraid of his own nightmares...even fear has fears." Jack said. "We just have to figure out what that fear is." Jack said.

Areiz nodded. She was tempted to take Jack's hand in her own, but she didn't. She only had two minutes to struggle with the thought when she remembered the others. "Have the others come back yet?"

"Not yet." Jack then looked at Baby Tooth. "Could you go check on the others?" He asked, smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.