New Guardian (zaddyXsilverjae)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Areiz looked over at him. "What do you mean?" She glanced around, the shadows seemed to be flitting and shifting. She returned her focus on Jack, wondering what he meant. Down the street, a young man dressed in a dark red smiled, his teeth pointy, his eyes slitted like a reptile. "I'm coming.. You're new to the game.." His voice slithered quietly into Areiz's mind, but there was no evidence she heard it.

"I meant who's going to watch after you're finished." Jack asked and then looked around, feeling like something watching them.

"Oh." She thought for a moment. "You can. Then North, Bunnymund.. Sandman, and Toothinia. If need be, we'll start the process around again." She said, looking around at the pauses and approved nods. She looked around and her gaze landed on the exact alley in which Dark was hidden. She felt a tug, but turned away. It's only fear.. she thought to herself. Her shadow seemed to be climbing around her, sinking into her skin and threatning her. The streetlight above her went out and she jumped. "Bulb must have died.." She muttered, leaning back against it, but she moved her bow to her hand in case it was more.

Jack nodded and hummed as he headed off thanks to the wind; he would at least go and watch another part of the area so he was at least doing something.

Areiz stood up a second time. Jack had been gone for a few minutes. "I'm gonna look around." She said quietly, moving from house to house, her bow drawn. She stopped in between two houses and she felt like she'd been plunged into ice. She froze.
The man smiled, now speaking aloud, but quietly. "Ahhh. The newest member, right?"
Areiz aimed her bow, but he smiled and lifted his hands. Her shadow forced her arms upwards, forcing the arrow into the sky where it bursted into a flaming beacon. "No no no, that won't work." He took her wrist. "You know to much."
Visions flashed by her and she held her breath, thinking of good things, but it was almost useless, almost. She was able to break from his grip, release the fear and disbelief. She glared at him and felt a cold hand around her neck. Her shadow. She fired another arrow and it exploded into sparks in the air. She backed away from Dark as the other Guardians appeared. He disappeared in the shadows. "Dark.." She muttered, his name echoing in her head. "His name is dark.. He's using fears in parents to manipulate them into taking the children's belief..." She felt the cold hand again, but it wasn't as strong.

Bunnymund, tooth, and Jack looked up when they saw the sparks in the sky and went off back over to Areiz. "Dark?" Jack asked and looked at the others, hoping they knew who that was.

No one seemed to know what she was talking about. Shakily she stood, pulling the hood of her jacket over her head even though it wasn't nearly cold enough for it. "He knew we would be here..." She looked up, but most of them couldn't see the hidden fear in her eyes. He was still after the children. "He keeps them scared during the day, opposite of Pitch. He lets their dreams wander, but during the day, he creates their worst fears." She surpressed a shiver and a last, feeble image crossed her mind. "We've got to find him. He's near."

Bunnymund nodded. "Yeah, we should go after him...do you know where he is right now?" He asked her.
Jack noticed she looked scared and put his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Amey pointed down the alley. "The street down the alley. He's jumping from each house." The others went the direction she pointed and she watched Jack a moment. "No." Her voice was quiet and almost inauduble, almost.

Jack nodded and stayed with her as the others left to go after the offender. "You want to talk about it?"

Areiz thought about it. She didn't know if she wanted to confess her fears or not. They where dark to her, but they might not be to Jack.. "O-okay.." She stuttered, blinking a few times. She watched the ground for a moment before starting to speak. The icy feeling crept up her spine again. "When I was little.. There was a fire. It was huge.. And it burned down everything I had. Fire.. It's.." She broke off, but spoke again a little later. "It burned down my house and I think I died in it.. But then I woke up.. And I was covered in ashes.. And there was a bow and arrow and a note.. And.." Tears welled a little in her eyes. "I-I'm sorry.. I c-can't.." Behind her there was a dark shadow, her shadow. Dark was above them, toying with her again. She slid down the wall to her knees, unable to breathe.

Jack frowned and went down beside her and took her in his arms. "Hey...it's alright." He assured. "Dying in a fire isn't exactly a good way to die, then again there is never a good way to die.." He looked at her. "What did the note say?" He asked.

Areiz took a deep, shuddering breath. "It just told me to meet you all.. That I was using the bow and arrow.." She closed her eyes. Dark's laugh echoed in her head and she held backa whimper. "He's h-here.." She said in barely a whisper.
Dark dropped in front of them and Areiz felt the same icy-cold hand grip her throught. She struggled to breath, but she stared at the ground, forcing the images away. Instead, thinking of the happy children she had seen. "J-Jack.." She struggled. Dark laughed.

Jack stood to attention and aimed his staff at Dark as he glared at him and got in front of Areiz. "It's alright...I'll take care of it." He assured her and sent ice toward Dark.

Areiz heldthe invisible hands choking her. She struggled to free them as she drew her bow, the arrow shooting feebly up a fee feet and letting out a small green puff before falling.
Sandman came into view and started to help. Areiz slid back to her knees, forcing air down her throat quietly.
Dark laughed until the exact moment the ice touched him. Flames erupted and Areiz froze. His smile turned into that of a scowl. Flames licked the surface of his hands as he lifted a hand and aimed it at Jack. They where an illusion, but nontheless he threw a fireball at him.

Jack's eyes widened and he dodged the supposed fire and shot more ice at the other, snowballs as well; he noticed that the fire wasn't hot as it passed him but ignored it as he contiued to battle him.

Dark seemingly growled as ice grazed his shoulder. "We will meet again." With that, he promptly turned and walked into the shadow, a snowball hitting him on the back.
The grip on Areiz's throat disappeared and the icy chill went away and was replaced with a numbness and emptiness. The fear and disbelief was gone. "D-Dark is gone." She mumbled. Sandman's sand trickled past as little children, making her seem a little less hollow. "Where are the other Guardians?"
As an answer Toothina, Bunnymund, and North arrived. "There was a child.. She saw us! Only for a moment.." Toothina said excitedly, yet dissapointed the child lost faith. She glanced at Areiz and fluttered over. North looked at Jack. "What happened?"
Toothina tried to help Areiz to her feet, but Areiz backed away. Her gaze was focused on her hands, not uttering a word.

"Dark attacked, I think he was mainly after Areiz." Jack replied and looked over at her; he tried to go over to her and hoped she wouldn't back away from him. "Hey...it's alright..."

Areiz took a deep breath, the air ripping through her throat and causing her to shudder. She looked up at Jack, taking another deep breath. "H-he kn-knows.... Th-that I.. I'm n-new s-so I'm wea-weaker." She stammered. "He.. He's g-gone now." She felt her bow slide from her hand, but made no effort to pick it up. Her hood sat loosely around her shoulder, her eyes revealing the shy, sensitive nature of her true self, while her outer appearance was rigid and unchanging.

"Maybe one of us should stay on watch with you next time." Jack replied as he went over to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.