Never Without Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karos Lyvan

Original poster
Warning: May at some points contain the following:

F*cktons of reading and a bit of homework. Mentions of Rape. Surgery. Grave wounds, descriptions of gore and blood. Combat. Manipulation. Amputations. Warfare. Descriptions of nudity. Descriptions of sickness. Detailed descriptions of injuries, both grave, moderate, and minor. Possible descriptions of attempted suicides. Detailed descriptions of death in many gruesome ways. Blood Eagles. Pain, sorrow, and anguish. Anger. Backstories. Drug Use, alcohol use. Other bad things,​
Overtly Sexual Themes will be taken to PM and must be between two adult RPers.​
And now, to your newly scheduled program.​
Never Without Hope:
A survival/cooperative RP in the land of Seran

"Awaken, my child, your adventure is yet to begin. Who will you be? A great warrior? A stalwart Ranger? A terrifying knight? A pure paladin? The world is yours to see." The voice calls from the strange tent. Where are the lights? Where are you? Where is even here?

A hush descends and a brilliant light, as if a thousand torches had been struck, assaults your eyes. A globe sits in the center of the room, calling to you, whispering in an unknown language.

Story:

In the days of the Empire, many recall only the good times. The times of plenty and peace- but few recall how thin, how weak that peace always is. Few remember a scant century ago, when that peace hung in the balance, and was only saved by the actions of a few who nearly (and in some cases did) gave their very lives for the people of the Empire. They were later canonized in the Histories as 'Those Who Endured'. Few of their names survive, but their purpose, their visages, lived on, carved into temples alongside the world-shaping gods.

This is their tale. This is your tale.

The year is 8E1, the First Year of the Eighth Empire of Seran. Yearsend began a few hours ago, and all seems right with the world.

In Northrealm, the Festival of Memory is continuing in a fevered peak.
In Dragonmoor, celebrations abound- except in Cúledan, city of kings. There darkness brews, as people fall ill, cause unknown.
In Westerspring, hopes are cast and offerings made to ensure a bountiful harvest.
In the cities of the Indeka Isles, story and song can be found around every corner.
In Khataar, the desert heats are lessened slightly, and movement is less taxing.
In the Farlands, life continues as it always has, magic radiating through everything.
And in the land of Nevian, the Scala'dun plot and plan the fall of the Empire they so dearly despise.
A darkness lurks beneath the skin of this fragile peace, and should it fall, none can know what may happen.

For information on Seran, seran

Any suggestions are always welcome.

• Love
Reactions: junebug
I'll keep an eye on this.

Well, time to bump this baby up on priorities. If anything, I'll consider one of many Fae species.

By the way, does WIX allow NSFW content as long as you put a warning up, or do their terms and regulations forbid this? I'm asking this because I'm considering migrating my little database from Wikia, a site that doesn't allow NSFW.

Gets pretty buggery, and it's nothing compared to what the mods of the MGE Wiki go through. Can't help but feel sorry for them.
I honestly have no idea. Sorry! ^.^

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by basic rundown? What kind of information are looking for? Just name, appearance, race, and class, or do you want other things as well?
Pretty much N-A-R-C, as well as a short backstory would be awesome, and if tweaks are needed, I can help.

Rangers have a couple other specifics needed.

Pretty much N-A-R-C, as well as a short backstory would be awesome, and if tweaks are needed, I can help.

What are the specifics??? :D have you been stalking me lololol

Outlook/Mindset - Offensive, Defensive, Neutral? (Super important. Will tell via PM)

Company preference (animal, human).

Orphan child? Widow/er that lost family? Elder trying to give back? Other? (These are important.)

Associated Mental Illness? (Sorta required, will explain why via PM)

I assumed this would have complex applications based on your effort, but I'm very pleased that you're using simpler applications.

Well, add on 'Class Skills' as an expansion of what one can do as a member of his/her class. Give a sense of advancement.

Yeah, working on class skills, race bonuses, etc.

If anyone wants to help me develop this world, you'll not only get my gratitude and a perma-char, but also a mention in the book I am hoping to write.

As well as other trinkets.

You already got so much done LOL so how do you usually go about planning the world and such?? Do you use different platforms to write out your ideas?

Here and there, yeah. I've got like sixty different things I work with to build some of the different ideas I use.

Yeah, working on class skills, race bonuses, etc.

If anyone wants to help me develop this world, you'll not only get my gratitude and a perma-char, but also a mention in the book I am hoping to write.

As well as other trinkets.

Let's see what I can do.

Since select races in the bestiary are stated by you to be playable, I was thinking that they could share some sort of 'One with Nature' racial trait, which would also be a class trait of Druids, Skin Shifters and Beastmasters.

Well, I've been wanting to build (or at least help build) a fantasy world for a while now since my own fantasy worlds are kind of just there, waiting to be worked on haha! So, if you ever need a helping hand, I'm always around! c:

Let's see what I can do.

Since select races in the bestiary are stated by you to be playable, I was thinking that they could share some sort of 'One with Nature' racial trait, which would also be a class trait of Druids, Skin Shifters and Beastmasters.
Also Rangers. Beastmasters it depends (some aren't one with nature, others are).
Well, I've been wanting to build (or at least help build) a fantasy world for a while now since my own fantasy worlds are kind of just there, waiting to be worked on haha! So, if you ever need a helping hand, I'm always around! c:
If it's not weird, throw me your Skype via PM and I will get you up to speed when I have a chance! ^.^

If it's not weird, throw me your Skype via PM and I will get you up to speed when I have a chance! ^.^
Dang is that the only place you chat? I don't utilize skype any longer.

Also Rangers. Beastmasters it depends (some aren't one with nature, others are).

Are Beastmasters allowed to be so attuned to nature to the point where they practically act like animals? (E.g. no sleeping bags, prioritize hunting over carrying food)

Also, I might have a list of possible skills and racial traits. Some races will share racial traits.

Of course, I'll list some that you haven't listed.

Hold up...

Are Beastmasters allowed to be so attuned to nature to the point where they practically act like animals? (E.g. no sleeping bags, prioritize hunting over carrying food)

Also, I might have a list of possible skills and racial traits. Some races will share racial traits.

Of course, I'll list some that you haven't listed.

Hold up...
Some are. As I said, not all are able to, and not all (even some wood elves don't) have that connection, or that affinity. They maintain the loyalty (well, actually fear) of their animals through force.

These ones are pretty much hated by druids, Rangers, Skin-shifters, and other Beastmasters, and they usually only work with bandits and slavers.

I don't know of any other places. o.o
Yeah, I don't use skype anymore due to the fact that someone contracted a virus from it a while back. :(

Discord is my main place now (it's just like skype, except I feel like it offers more room for organization and is a lot more smooth running) and AIM is like meh. We could just chat here on Iwaku though. c:

dal'Korin
-Ectothermy - Due to their cold-blooded nature, they are required to bask in the sun. etho'dal'Korin have slight resistance to this.

Khatan
-Animal senses - Much like a cat, their senses are heightened
-Nine Lives - can land on their feet when falling from a high height.

Gnoll
-Animal senses - Much like a wolf, their senses are heightened
-??? - Yeah, I am kind of unsure what to place here.

Hmmm... when looking at the playable races and thinking where the obligatory 'reduced intellect' trait goes, I think Orc. However, I've recently seen a fair share of media here and there depicting orcs with decent sanity.

Will set up Discord asap.
Sweet.

Reactions: Karos Lyvan
Ugh, okay, I need to sort through my priorities and figure out what rps I need to back down from and which ones I'm keeping because I woke up today feeling stressed out by everything going online and I figured it was because of the many rps I'm wanting to be a part of. So, unfortunately, I'll have to step down from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.