Never Without Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karos Lyvan

Original poster
Warning: May at some points contain the following:

F*cktons of reading and a bit of homework. Mentions of Rape. Surgery. Grave wounds, descriptions of gore and blood. Combat. Manipulation. Amputations. Warfare. Descriptions of nudity. Descriptions of sickness. Detailed descriptions of injuries, both grave, moderate, and minor. Possible descriptions of attempted suicides. Detailed descriptions of death in many gruesome ways. Blood Eagles. Pain, sorrow, and anguish. Anger. Backstories. Drug Use, alcohol use. Other bad things,​
Overtly Sexual Themes will be taken to PM and must be between two adult RPers.​
And now, to your newly scheduled program.​
Never Without Hope:
A survival/cooperative RP in the land of Seran

"Awaken, my child, your adventure is yet to begin. Who will you be? A great warrior? A stalwart Ranger? A terrifying knight? A pure paladin? The world is yours to see." The voice calls from the strange tent. Where are the lights? Where are you? Where is even here?

A hush descends and a brilliant light, as if a thousand torches had been struck, assaults your eyes. A globe sits in the center of the room, calling to you, whispering in an unknown language.

Story:

In the days of the Empire, many recall only the good times. The times of plenty and peace- but few recall how thin, how weak that peace always is. Few remember a scant century ago, when that peace hung in the balance, and was only saved by the actions of a few who nearly (and in some cases did) gave their very lives for the people of the Empire. They were later canonized in the Histories as 'Those Who Endured'. Few of their names survive, but their purpose, their visages, lived on, carved into temples alongside the world-shaping gods.

This is their tale. This is your tale.

The year is 8E1, the First Year of the Eighth Empire of Seran. Yearsend began a few hours ago, and all seems right with the world.

In Northrealm, the Festival of Memory is continuing in a fevered peak.
In Dragonmoor, celebrations abound- except in Cúledan, city of kings. There darkness brews, as people fall ill, cause unknown.
In Westerspring, hopes are cast and offerings made to ensure a bountiful harvest.
In the cities of the Indeka Isles, story and song can be found around every corner.
In Khataar, the desert heats are lessened slightly, and movement is less taxing.
In the Farlands, life continues as it always has, magic radiating through everything.
And in the land of Nevian, the Scala'dun plot and plan the fall of the Empire they so dearly despise.
A darkness lurks beneath the skin of this fragile peace, and should it fall, none can know what may happen.

For information on Seran, seran

Any suggestions are always welcome.

• Love
Reactions: junebug
There is magic, but it is difficult to learn.

Well, is there alchemy as an alternative?

I see that some little chaps in the Bestiary have implications of accompanying humans. Do Fairies in this world come in the varieties that traditional fairies come in? (E.g. Dullahan, Puca, Shellycoat, Undine, Gnome, etc) or will my examples stated be different installments in the bestiary, while 'fairy' is reserved for stereotypical ones?

Sleeping Bag mimics? You've sold me!

Also, I like how your spider people are mostly peaceful as opposed to the stereotypically evil Jorogumo or Arachne.

Last edited:
The site says that the jobs stated aren't a complete list and all that stuff. So we can create professions as long as they are within reason? An idea that popped in my mind is 'Druid, but sea' or 'Beastmaster, but sea'. I just kind of want one of my characters to be sea-based and thought 'Druid' and 'Beastmaster' fit perfectly well, except the former is limited to forests and the latter describes forests.

@Crow, that is definitely an option, and many thanks for thinking of it!

In addition, Alchemy is definitely a thing, and truth be told, I hadn't thought that in-depth for the faeries! Which means, if you like, throw together basic descrips, and I may even devote a page to the race as a whole! ^.^

Additional Plot Details.

Death will only happen if agreed upon by all involved parties. Ditto with mind control-type spells.

Magic requires a 'pathway' of sorts (eg., wand, spear, polearm, sword, hammer), and only the most skilled have learned to use only their hands.

Slavers are a thing, as are their captives. Captives can be of all ages, and in varying degrees of malnutrition/dehydration. Most, if not all, will be clothed, though it will likely just be described as rags (depending, of course, on how soon they are rescued.).

Oh goodness this is a lot to read. But read it I'm doing.

When I had all but given up hope! Thank you!

How would I go about making a character?

Easiest way to make a character for Seran would be to look up race/class (certain monster-races allowed as well from the bestiary), and PM me with a basic rundown.

Will provide guidance on classes where needed.

(certain monster-races allowed as well from the bestiary)

Well, time to bump this baby up on priorities. If anything, I'll consider one of many Fae species.

By the way, does WIX allow NSFW content as long as you put a warning up, or do their terms and regulations forbid this? I'm asking this because I'm considering migrating my little database from Wikia, a site that doesn't allow NSFW.

Gets pretty buggery, and it's nothing compared to what the mods of the MGE Wiki go through. Can't help but feel sorry for them.

I'm still interested. I'd just assumed this idea was dead since no one posted in the interest check for a while. My apologies. v___v

With that being said, I was able to take a good look at the site and I enjoyed reading while listening to the background music. I have somewhat of an idea for a character, but nothing is set in stone.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Easiest way to make a character for Seran would be to look up race/class (certain monster-races allowed as well from the bestiary), and PM me with a basic rundown.

Will provide guidance on classes where needed.
Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by basic rundown? What kind of information are looking for? Just name, appearance, race, and class, or do you want other things as well?

• Love
Reactions: junebug
I'll read over it in a bit.

Hmm... I'm intrigued by the concept.. I will place interest and thank you , @circe :)

Just did a nice list of bullet points :D If anyone is having trouble, come to me! I have a couple scenarios in mind regarding characters and possible plots~

Status
Not open for further replies.