Necrosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megan yawned. She wasn't going to object to sleep. "Okay." She followed Celest to wherever the other girl slept. She kept a whole of her hand, just incase something happened. "What's your other idea?" Megan asked curiously.

Celest led Megan to a small hole in the wall that had been reinforced with cabinet walls. She lifted Megan, sliding the girl into the sleeping bag. "You'll see...I know you'll like it." she said softly, kissing Megan's forehead. "Go to sleep, sweetheart. I'll be right here when you wake up, okay?"

Megan snuggled into the sleeping bag. She almost forgot what a blanket felt like. Before she let herself fall asleep, she gazed almost afraid at Celest. "You promise you'll be here?" Megan was scared that this was all a dream. That none of this happened and she was still alone in the cold metal air ducts, hungry, tired, and alone. She sank further into the sleeping bag as sleep washed over her tiny body. She yawned and rubbed her tired eyes. "Promise?"

Celest ran a hand across Megan's cheek. "I..I promise." her voice cracked slightly. "I promise I will be here when you wake up." she whispered softly. so many memories.. she thought to herself.

Megan gave a sleepy smile and nodded. She held onto Celest's hand as she fell asleep. Even as her breathing evened out and her body went limp, her grip on the older girls hand didn't loosen. She had to know this wasn't just her mind playing games.

Celest sat beside the young girl, still holding her hand. She sniffled slightly, using her other hand to wipe a tear away. She closed her eyes, leaning back against the reinforced hole wall, closing her eyes, but not sleeping, letting the memories run through her mind.

Megan slept soundly with Celest beside her. She felt safe here. She shifted, head resting on Celest's lap before a little smile grew on her small face.

Celest was snapped out of her memories. She smiled a little. "I'll protect you..I promise." she whispered, wiping away tears. She smiled a little, sniffling. This time, when she closed her eyes, she was going to sleep, her free hand resting gently on Megan's cheek.

Megan sighed in her sleep, nuzzling into her spot in Celests lap.

She awoke a few hours later still curled up in the other girls lap. She looked up at the sleeping girl above her with a happy smile. It...It wasnt a dream!

Celest woke up a minute or two after Megan. She straightened, stretching slightly and wiping the dry tears off her face. "Hey there.." she said softly.

"You were real." Megan said softly flipping over to hug Celest's middle. "You weren't just a dream. You're really here." Megan held all the joy of a child on christmas. She looked up at Celest with a happy smile. "Goodmorning."

Celest raised a slightly confused eyebrow. "Umm..yeah...good morning."

"I thought that...last night...might have been just a dream. That I had made it all up...but its not! You're here!" Megan explained excitedly as she sat up. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes with a groggy smile. Her mind quickly remembering what Celest had said the night before. "What was the idea you were gunna show me today?"

Celest chuckled slightly. "Food first, remember?" she said, sliding out of the wall. She held her hands out, offering to help Megan down. "Food, then I'll tell you, okay?"

"Okay." Megan took hold of Celest's hands. She slid out of the little cubby they had slept in and out into the building. There was a small kitchenette. "So, what do you have?" Megan could make practically anything and make a meal out of it.

"We have canned fruit, some flour..I found some milk down the street in an icebox, thankfully still cold, and some eggs...don't ask how I got those." she smiled a little.

Megan giggled and nodded. "Well I could make some eggs easily and I could try making a sort of pie out of the fruit." Megan offered. She knew a simple bread out of egg, water, and flour so she could make the crust, the fruit would be the filling and she could thicken the water inside with flour. it wasn't too hard all together. She found a small, weathered pan and lit the fire on the stove to cook. She set the pan on the flame to heat the metal.

Celest smiled. "Sounds delicious..though..." she rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm going to get a bunch of fresh water." she said, walking to a different section of the store.

Jackson finally got away from the two fighting men, he found a quiet neighborhood with nicely kept houses. His heart started racing, he loved to watch movies, he thought maybe there were movies there. He picked the first house he could find and walked through the unlocked door. Evereything was so clean and fresh like someone was living there. He searched the whole house, he found some popcorn and cooked it offa fire he made. Jackson had all the survival skills he needed, after all, he was a cub scout. He also found a flashlight and a Colt 45. He didn't know how to use a gun very well but he was taking it just in case. There was one last room, at the end of the hallway. He touched the doorknob, cold, slowly turned the knob and slowly opened it up. What looked like the family that lived there was all hanging from the ceiling. Jackson screamed, then started crying. He closed the door and decided to spend the night in the house, but to never go in that door, ever, again.

Celest returned moments later with a large bucket full of room-temperature water. She set it on the ground with ease and smiled at Megan. "How's it going with the food?"

Status
Not open for further replies.