Naruto - Squad Thirteen's Journey (In Character)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Technically yes but we in the Hidden Lead usually only accept contracts that protect people as body guards or assassinate high priority targets like big name gang leaders, rogue shinobi (though the other villages tend to lead those expeditions or not tell us at all), animals out of control, or cult fanatics. Rare is the time where we're the aggressors in any situation. Mitsuhide's old old man Hashirama believed in diplomacy and the human aspect over wanton distrust, and massive attacks. You're possible ancestor Madara Uchiha was a cranky old man who, while loving Hashirama like a brother, often clashed in regards to how the village needed to be run. In the end the Senju won out and this is how we run things now. We only really fight aggressively to defend on ourselves. Neither Madara or Izuna Uchiha wasn't elected second Hokage after all once Hashirama passed on instead Tobirama came along and formed the police group that handles more of the dirtier aspects of our job. There's a history lessons for everyone here." Mitsunari said calmly as he recited his little lesson to the group which actually interested Takumi apparently as he quickly thanked him for the overview of the history of the village which prompted the business man to say he'd have to research the village a bit more latter. "Yeah I know the Police Division. My dad often says they're an elite group of some of the finest shinobi from the Uchiha and it's run by the queen bi-bee's (Shina) dad. I don't know much else myself really." Mitsuhide stated as he looked over to Neji who finally responded. "I don't know what you're incinuating young man but we keep very careful records of who we're employing if there was a mole he or she would've had to gone through some serious stuff to get into our business location. In all honesty I think an infiltrator wouldn't get them much of anything as most of our company's work is run through a PMC (Private Military Company) that runs off of former samurai, and mercenaries all of whom are personally recruited by an ronin samurai from the Land of Iron itself. We take pride in our recruitment methods and weed out any unpleasant employees. HOWEVER I do concede there may be someone who's getting paid off somewhere for something. The only reason we're even here to buy your services are because the samurai are only contracted to protect our company's personal employees and our supply routes nothing about actively searching out enemies. Ninja, or so I am told, are great at hunting out smaller less noticeable things our more blunt members fail to see. For all intents and purposes you're really just there to solidify our control in the area. Your services should only take you a couple weeks at the most and one at the least to complete before your duty to us is finished. And as we stated most of our members are adults who are having issues with the spacing in the mines. Younger shinobi are more able to look for dangers in the mines then mercenaries." Takumi said to Neji indignantly as he looked down on the boy as Mitsunari grunted out a laugh. "Alright boss I don't think the kid was questioning your men. I think he just wanted to know if anyone's been acting out of the ordinary. Judging by your reaction he may or may not need to worry. I personally glad that you're hiring us for the job. The leaf thanks you for your patronage. But we really should be getting out soon we still need to pack these kids some gear and I'm sure you could use a moment to get ready yourself sir." Mitsunari said politely which made Mitsuhide cock his eyebrow at the man and wonder if he really was sane because he was not acting like he usually did whatsoever.

"I understand..." Atsuki noted, the unsaid continuation of 'but I do not like it' remaining only an implication on the edge of his silence as Mitsunari concluded his surprisingly long and un-snarky history lesson. Perhaps if they were in a different place, he'd have said everything that was on his mind at the moment. Though he was an Uchiha, what Atsuki wanted to say had nothing to do with Uchiha founders and their 'loss' against the Senju Hokage; after all, the latter had proved themselves more powerful politically, so it would be bad form to be a poor loser about it, especially after so much time has passed already. But whatever he had on his mind about the rationale for the village's foreign policy would be saved for another time. Besides, there was a proper place for arguing philosophy and politics; in front of a client during their first contact was definitely not one of them, and would definitely make their team out to be grossly improfessional.

Speaking of grossly nonprofessional: Neji's question. It wasn't a bad question by any extent - in fact, it was a very astute question - but the way he asked it just irked the young Uchiha's sensibilities. Still, it was good that their allies were thinking of the future, or at least seemed to be thinking of the future. While their job was simply to defeat the bandits, to completely topple the system allowing them to attack the corporation was going the extra mile and would reflect well on their team. At any rate, at least their employer didn't go completely ballistic on them, and conceded the point to Neji. He took note of the implicit traits of 'takes pride in the corporation' and 'not 100% an idiot but still a bit too idealistic'. He'd have to keep an eye out - but not make a point of looking - for weirdos, brown-nosers, and people of weak resolve - all of which could easily be spies for bandits.

"...At any rate..." Atsuki piped up, noting the umpteenth time today that their sensei seemed to be acting uncharacteristically professional, probably just to make him seem more appropriate as a mentor to them. Or to fool Neji, either of which he could understand the rationale behind. It was simple social maneuvering, something he was accustomed to. "Before we leave to pack for the journey, are there any notable environmental conditions in the area?"

"There are plenty of trees, and the general environment is rocky. There's not a lot of open room and we're surrounded by hills. It makes transportation a hassle but what business doesn't thrive on good challenges? It just proves how competent our merchants and transport teams really are." commented Takumi as Mitsunari said they would finish up any questions that remained on the road and that they should head out as soon as possible. Takumi agreed and bid farewell to his contracted ninja as Mitsunari led them away. Mitsuhide rubbed his jaw as they left the building. "He's full of shit ain't he?" Mitsunari grumbled as he led his team down the road. "Supplies needed will be bandages, non-canned foods that won't waste away, clothes, and ninja tools. Don't bring anything too heavy. Bring water bottles at least two and make sure they're filled. And I wouldn't recommend bringing anything too precious along. Nothing your teachers shouldn't have taught you in school but at this point I'm your teacher and I want to make these rules as clear as possible. A ninja should be prepared for anything...also make sure you have a good quick meal before we leave. Food helps your metabolism and it will make sure you all are able to keep up. Survival is the key kids now get going. Neji I want you to keep close to Atsuki during this mission. Think of him as your partner. I'll keep with Mitsuhide. If we get split up then stick together with someone. And don't forget that appearances are deceiving. Ask them what color I wore on the day we left the village. Say purple in response to the question. Genjutsu ninja love their transformation jutsu." Mitsunari commented as Mitsuhide nodded at his teacher. He was blunt and too the point as usual but he still apparently had their best interests in mind. "Gotcha sensei I'll watch your back. Though I don't know how much that will count for." Mitsuhide said as Mitsunari snickered and shook his head. "It means the world kid. Always have someone watch your back. Now what are you three waiting for get the hell out of here! Go on shoo leave bye bye." Mitsunari said waving his hand like he was getting rid of an unwanted puppy dog. Mitsuhide himself felt a bit annoyed at being thrown away like a nuisance but at the end of the day what did he expect from his boss. Mitsuhide grunted in acknowledgement and jumped off towards the Senju Estate.

Once the group was finally in private without the scrutinizing eyes of the client to judge them, Atsuki let out a long, exaggerated sigh of exasperation as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Agreed," he said upon hearing his teacher's remark concerning the true nature of their charge, "A walking advertisement, that one." He nested his hands behind his neck before adding a simple, "People like that are annoying. Life would be a lot less complicated if people could just stop beating around the bush." And that was all the group heard from Atsuki for the rest of their walk down the road, which wasn't all that unexpected considering his reticent attitude. When they stopped at a crossroads, their sensei began explaining the plan... and rightfully guessed that they'd already been taught this already. A reminder was useful, but not to diligent young Atsuki. What was more useful was the password that their sensei had provided. As expected of a veteran ninja.

"Noted," Atsuki replied with a curt nod and a cocky not-quite-a-grin, "Don't worry sensei. I'll make sure my side makes it out alive, well, and victorious." He turned his back to the rest of the group and gave a casual goodbye wave as he walked off towards the Uchiha compound. "Until next time," he called back.

Neji had thought that his question was a good and relevant one. Though he did undertsand why their client would get upset at such a question. No one would like to think that a comrade or a person that was working for you would be a traitor but in this world of theirs you would never know, and it was always best to be safe rather then be sorry. Once their client left their sensei did not waste any time before he started to talk about their client a little bit which made Neji chucke and nod his head in agreement with his sensei's statement.

The more important thing that his sensei talked to them about was the password he had for them to use, which could come in handy should a situation arise where they would need that password. Neji didn't need to be told what he should bring on a mission as he already knew what he needed but he did appreciate their sensei just making sure everyone knew what they should and shouldn't bring. He heard his sensei tell him to stick with Atsuki during the mission and Mitsuhide would stick with their sensei "yes sir I got it."

He then heard Atsuki make his own comment about keeping his side Safe, to Neji it sounded kinda cocky like atsuki was saying that he would do all the work but Neji could not completelt tell. He had heard Atsuki was a hard person to read and that was turning out to be true. Neji wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut as he was still the new guy within the squad. With that Neji made his way back towards the Sarutobi compound. There he would eat a quick meal and gather all of his supplies he would need.

Mitsuhide arrived home without much incident and found himself inside an relatively empty house. His mother was still home though she looked like she was heading out to do some food shopping. "Hm home already sweetheart? Something happen?" his mother said looking at Mitsuhide who smiled at his mother and chuckled. So protective as usual but too kind too probe him for anything he didn't want to say. She really was a nice mother and he really did love her. He couldn't imagine her being angry with him unless he REALLY screwed up...or didn't wake up in the morning. "Nah nothing happened but I'm going on a mission. A long one. May be out for a week or two. We've been contracted to go and protect some miners with a mercenary company out in the land of rivers. Not expecting much and nothing we can't handle one way or another. I'm looking forward to leaving the village. Not that I don't like it here it's just I haven't left the village boundaries much. Heading off to another nation is going to be exciting." Mitsuhide said to his mother as he went and sat down on the couch as his mother sat down next to him.

"You don't seem in a big hurry may I ask why you're not getting ready?" his mother asked him as Mitsuhide yawned and breathed in deeply and then exhaled slowly. "No reason really I just wanted to sit down and talk to you for a bit mom. You know I'll miss you when I'm off on the mission but I'll come back better for it. Besides it's only a week think of it as an extended vacation with a jerk, a new kid on the block, and the local town slob. It's not like it'll kill me or anything. If you have the time though would you mind helping me pack up? I can do it myself but I feel like with you helping I'll be better prepared." Mitsuhide inquired of his mother as the older Senju put her hand on Mitsuhide's shoulder and nodded to him. "I'll definitely help you out it would be an awful thing for am other to just let her son be ill prepared for a trip. You have your whole life ahead of you though Mitsuhide. I trust that you will make everything you want to happen, become reality. I'll just ask you keep your promise to me and be careful. Mitsunari can only make up for so much even he is a human underneath that facade he carries. I'll tell your father about this when he gets back. So what did you want to talk about Mitsuhide?" Mitsuhide's mother asked him patiently as he considered what exactly he wanted to ask her about. So many questions he could ask and so very little time. He did have to get ready soon. He wasn't some slouch who just wanted to lay around all day...though he could stand to do that if it came to it. Mitsuhide and his mother talked more for a couple minutes Mitsuhide asking general questions about life back in the day and about Mitsunari which his mother declined to answer.

Neji walked into his home and as he expected it was pretty quiet. His father was out mosy likely on a mission as he was a jonin after all. His younger brother was at school as he was still in the acadmey, but too his surprise his mother was home. "Oh hey Neji I wasn't expecting you home so soon? Is everything okay?" Neji smiked at her "yes mother everything is fine. I am actually going to be away on a mission for a week or two so I need to pack some things and maybe have a quick meal."

His mother smiled at him "
ohh how exciting I'm sure you will do great honey. Well how about you go pack and I'll go fix you somethin to eat real quick. Luckily I have the day off from my own shinobi responsibilities so I can help you out." With that she turned and went into the kitchen to make Neji something to eat.

Neji went upstairs and into his room, he grsbbed his pack and started packin th things he would need. Once he was all packed he grabbed two water bottles from his room and went downstairs to go fill them up. When he walked into the kitchen he saw that his mother had prepared some dumplings and rice for him. Neji filled his water bottles and sat down at the table and ate his food. "
Thank you mom I love you and I will see you soon!" She looked up at him "okay honey just make sure you're careful and do your best out there love you!"

Neji was out the door and out of his clan's compound. He slowly made his way towards the main gate. He didn't need to rush as he figured he would be early. His assumption was correct as he was the first one to arrive at the main gate. Neji took off his pack and sat down on a bench as he waited for everyone to arrive.

Back at the Uchiha compound, Atsuki was preparing his supplies in silent peace. With his 'father' out and about doing missions with his squad, and his younger half-sister finally old enough to attend the Academy, there was no wellsprings of resentment that Atsuki could draw from. Indeed, to be able to show his face around the household and walk around like he actually belonged and was not a sneak-thief creeping in the night was refreshing (if less conductive to stealth training). At the moment he was preparing his pre-mission meal. What he was preparing was mostly for carbohydrate loading for the long hike they would be subjected to, but it also had your vitamins and minerals for general growth. This was the first thing he did to avoid any potential cramping later and derive the benefits sooner than later.

As he washed up the dishes and utensils he had used, Atsuki heard the shoji door slide open. He tensed up slightly and turned to face the intruder. "Oh it's just you," Atsuki commented, turning back to finish up his dishwashing. The new arrival was just his mother, Uchiha Minami, a woman who could accurately be described as 'Atsuki but older, bustier, and kinder-looking', a testament to the shared femininity between mother and son. "I'll be gone for a few weeks. Don't worry, I've washed all the dishes I've used and I'll make sure to clean my part of the household before I leave," he said, turning off the sink and drying off his hands. Before he could leave the kitchen though, his mother spoke up: "Do you need help with packing? I can-" Before she could finish, Atsuki quickly answered, "I can do it myself." A disappointed frown marred his mother's face. "We never talk anymore, you know. Just because your f- Arata doesn't want you hanging around us doesn't mean you can't confide in your own mother anymore." The Uchiha heir stopped in his tracks, but did not face his mother, "...We'll have plenty of time to talk when I become a ninja strong enough to rightfully devote time to frivolities..."

"Is that so? And how strong is strong enough?" Minami quipped, arms crossed as she stared down the son that wouldn't even turn to look to her. Call it a mother's intuition, but she could guess why. Unfortunately, if Atsuki was fazed by this, he didn't show it. He just shrugged, remained quiet, and walked into his room to prepare his clothes, tools, and field medical equipment. However, after a short time and a full pack, he exited the room, deposited it in front of the door, and said, "...Actually, I'm going to take a quick shower. I still need to prepare non-perishable food and two water bottles..." He paused, as if unsure of what to say next. "...If I manage to finish before you, I suppose we can work together..." Another pause. "I'm still cleaning my room on my own, though." And that was all that he said before disappearing back into his room. It was a shame though, he didn't get to see his mother smiling.

After a time, Atsuki was in the kitchen with his mom. His shower was strangely quick. Well, quick considering his usual lengthy showering times, at least. There was no sound in the Uchiha main house other than that of knives on cutting boards and shifting salt. The smell of meat and hot fruit filled the air. As far as non-canned, non-perishables went, you couldn't go wrong with jerky and dried fruit. If there was one thing that was lacking in this scenario, it was any form of talk between the two chefs.

...But their pleasant silence communicated more between them than any exchange of words.

o-<> | <>-o
After preparing his things and leaving the Uchiha compound, Atsuki began heading towards the main gate. Apart from the bag, he didn't look all that different from his usual unamused, overly serious appearance. He did smell good though, but that was more because of the shower and self-care products. When he finally arrived, all he saw was Neji. The Uchiha took a look around the area, and didn't spot their sensei nor their client. Being the asocial young man he was, Atsuki stood to the side of Neji's bench and also waited.

"...So what was dad like as a kid?" Mitsuhide asked his mother as they prepared to finish packing the last of Mitsuhide's items and possessions in preparation for the trip. The conversation had gone on well into the packing process between the two Senju. Mitsuhide's mother was even preparing a quick meal of pasta on the way down for Mitsuhide to scarf down before he left. Mitsunari DID say to eat before heading out so that's what he intended to do. Mitsuhide was more than glad to kick back and relax with his dear old ma. He loved her. Loved her more than anything in the world even more than finally receiving his headband. His mother had been there for Mitsuhide for everything that had even remotely mattered to him. It was like a guardian angel. Mothers were that way but Mitsuhide felt especially attached to his mother. His father on comparison, while important to him, just didn't seem to be there as often. He was there when he first learned to walk, to use wood ninjutsu, and even some training sessions but other than that...he'd be on missions. It was a ninja's duty to his village to do missions for the betterment of the village after all. But...he didn't need to be gone all the tiem. "Hm? Oh your father was bold and he liked to showboat. He enjoyed being a ninja more than anyone else I had ever met even more than my teammates. Your grandfather thought he was full of hot air but he proved him wrong all right. He was a bit headstrong but he had this aura of strength and willpower to him. He just screamed 'I would never surrender to anyone' and he said to me he never had the feeling of giving up...it inspired me and led me to falling in love with him. But he was also a bit of a jerk at times but that was just because he never got along with his friends all too well. Rowdy bunch of guys your dad's friends are and were. Uncle Saru never really grew out of that..." Mitsuhide's mother said sighing and shaking her head smiling as she was probably remembering memories long since gone. Uncle Saru was a guy Mitsuhide remembered as being very obnoxious and hyper active. If he remembered right he came to the house drunk on Mitsuhide's tenth birthday party and tried to give him a pony...it was weird.

Mitsuhide finally had all of his gear ready and went downstairs and washed his face off putting the icepack he had brought with him to see their sensei away in the freezer. He could only imagine what people were thinking when they had seen him walking around with that. After sitting down he waited patiently for his mother to prepare the food for him and thanked her graciously as she handed him a large plate. "Well I hope this lasts..." Mitsuhide said as he began to eat his food his mother sitting across from him and ate at a slower rate as she smiled at her son holding back a chuckle at her son's apatite.

Atsuki yawned. He didn't know or particularly care how long he'd been standing there, waiting for Mitsu2​ and the old business man from earlier to finally show up and get this mission started; at this point, he had simply considered it an undeniable fact of life in Squad 13. He would arrive early, and then he would be forced to wait. However, today was a bit different. Now they had a new member of their dysfunctional little 'family'.

This aforementioned member was currently sitting on a bench, also waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. Though his impression of the boy wasn't perfect, Atsuki was not necessarily displeased. It was convenient that his designated partner would have at least some compatible personality traits. Working with Mitsuhide wasn't necessarily bad, but it was good to have a change of pace and be free from the taint of clan doctrine once in a while. Atsuki would reserve finalizing his judgment on Neji until the proper time came to pass, though.

As the time continued to pass, Atsuki grew more and more bored of waiting. Typically, the other half of the team wouldn't take this long, but they never did set a scheduled time for arrival that he could recall. Hopefully 'soon' was a sufficient measure of time to promote reasonable efficiency. At any rate, it didn't appear that they would be showing up soon, so Atsuki would take this opportunity to interact with his teammate. Establishing amiable relations would be useful for battles to come, after all. Plus, he was really, really not looking forward to simply waiting without any benefit. "Sarutobi-san," Atsuki began, "What do you think of the team now that you have had opportunity to get a feel for everyone?"

Neji sat there quietly thinking on the mission at hand. Hopefully this mission would go well for them. There are so many different things that could happen though so he would need to be vigilante when out of the village. Soon enough Atsuki had arrived. He stood next to the bench as the two of them waited patiently for the rest of their squad and employer to show up.

Neji turned towards Atsuki as he asked his question. Neji thought on Atsuki's question for a moment "well this team is definitely interesting to say the least. You and Mitsuhide seem to have very different personalities and don't seem to really talk to each other let alone get along. I wonder how that is going to affect us as a unit. Though you two have gotten this far so I assume you guys at least work with each other when out on missions. You two from what I have heard are both very strong so I'm sure you guys somehow manage to work these things out. Now Mitsunari sensei is wellI I haven't really gotten a reading on him yet. Though it seems like he does care about us his students but he just isn't one to beat around the bush and is not going to treat us like we are children. So I am interested to see how this squad will work out on an actual mission."

Atsuki let out a humored grunt at the comment about not talking to Mitsuhide. Did Neji forget who he was talking to? "Don't read into the silence too much," Atsuki snorted, nonchalantly waving Neji's concerns about personal compatibility away. "Besides, whether or not Mitsuhide, you, or I get along isn't as important as it seems when it comes to teamwork," he explained, looking down at the shinobi seated on the bench, "After all, I'd like to hope we're all professional enough to set aside our differences and whatnot when someone's life is on the line." He shrugged. "Well, I am at least," he added. This was true on multiple fronts; Atsuki was professionalism at its youngest and had learned his lesson from their last major mission, albeit maybe not in the way Mitsunari wanted. "You are right about one thing though," the Uchiha continued, smirk of the utmost cockiness on his face, "Your teammates are the strongest genin in the generation, and don't forget it."

"As for how we operate, protocol's a lot less exciting than you might think," Atsuki sighed, "Sensei's surprisingly by the book for how much he leaves us to our own methods to complete objectives. We haven't even yet gotten to see him in action. A bit sad that is, considering how powerful people say he is." A true shame that was to Atsuki, who wanted to see for himself the shinobi at the source of such rumors.

Neji sat there looking up at Atsuki and listening to his words. What he was saying was true, whether or not you like the people you were In a squad with shouldn't matter. They are shinobi and shinobi are supposed to put ther feelings aside for the sake of the mission. That is how it is supposed to be but in the end they are humans who do have feelings and sometimes even shinobi let them out. Though hopefully Atsuki was right and that they couldnact proffessionaly enough so that they could complete their mission with out any problems.

Neji noticed Atsuki's smirk which seemed cocky In nature, after hearing what he said this made Neji smirk "well then I suppose I will have to work to make sure I am not left behind by the two of you." Neji looked away for a moment wondering if he would be able to keep up with his two new comrades or if he would be totally outclassed. The seeds of doubt were bein planted into his thoughts at that very moment. He then supressed them and looked back up at Atsuki who was going on about their sensei. "Well I'm sure he has his reasons. He would probably step in if he felt that any of us were in any actsul trouble or if we were In over our heads."

"Or maybe I'd let you take a couple bumps and bruises for getting there in the first place kid. A ninja should do his best not to get fucked." came the blunt grunt of the sensei of both genin as he suddenly appeared behind them out of thin air. He had on his usual outfit with his black sun glasses still pressed against his face. His expression was blank and he just stared at the two young gentlemen. "You know Atsuki it's amazing that you and Mitsuhide could scare off not one, but two girls from your team. I mean like you guys are going to have the worst love life EVER if you live that long. Still hope for Mr. Bright Eyed Genin over here but I'm not sold on him either." Mitsunari said with a calm tone and face as he simply stood there behind both of them. "Mitsuhide will be here soon and Takumi will be here soon as well. I made trips around the village after you guys went off and made sure we're ready. Don't worry this time I won't need to call in help to bail you two out. And there shouldn't be anymore cats." Mitsunari said with a chuckle finally breaking his blank expression.

Atsuki was about to say something, but then a foreboding feeling permeated his very being. So he remained silent for a few moments, opened his mouth, and was promptly cut off by Mitsunari-sensei's sudden arrival. "...Yeah, that sounds about right," Atsuki agreed in his default deadpan, "Good afternoon to you too, Mitsunari-sensei." He turned to face the tall, glasses-clad jonin who continued on about their lady troubles. "Eh, being married to the job is fine," the Uchiha waved away any rhetorical worry about a horrible love life, "Saves more time, money and energy anyway." That, and the fact that he wouldn't let himself do something as irresponsible as devote himself to someone else if he couldn't devote himself to himself sufficiently.

...Though Mitsunari's words did call to mind the odd fact that, for some reason, the female element was driven to interact more with him rather than Mitsuhide. Although he could chalk that fact up to the fact that Mitsuhide had left Sayuri and Atsuki in his excitement, and that Haruko seemed to have taken on the challenge of teaching Atsuki and subjecting him the principles of humor. Or perhaps it was just bad luck with women, which would also be fitting all things considered. Or maybe there was some kind of empathetic connection between men with long hair and feminine faces, and women. He flipped his hair back over his shoulder. "...And what do you mean 'if'? You're not getting rid of us that easily, sensei," he huffed indignantly.

"Wonderful. On all accounts," Atsuki nodded when the subject of the rest of the team was brought up. He couldn't approve of so many soons. Oh well, at least this time 'soon' would probably actually mean 'soon' instead of 'long enough to wait around and have a short conversation'. "At any rate," Atsuki continued, "I do hope this mission isn't just business. Being in a new locale strikes me as a good training opportunity." He thought about pressing him to learn some badass new jutsu, but he decided against it.

"You're going to get real sick of that answer once your hormones kick in and you realize you're stuck with a couple of dudes and no girl Atsuki. All well maybe you're going to be into that sort of thing doubt they will be but who knows. I heard there's some pretty girls in the village and the Uchiha do have a thing for the ladies so who knows." Mitsunari said with a laugh as he walked away from the two kids and looked around waving to one of the guards at the gate who waved back at him. He couldn't help but shake his head as the boy brought up training. "You're going to go to an entirely different land. Aren't you even considering learning about cultural differences, foods, or customs? Training isn't the only valued thing one can obtain from traveling to a different place Atsuki." Mitsunari said to Atsuki though his tone indicated he was indifferent to it completely.

Neji just sat there and chucked as Atsuki and Mitsunari sensei squabbled about a multitude of things. "Well I guess we won't know about how our love lives turn out until we get there. Also I would like to train as well if we have the time. But also experiencing a new land is important too." Neji didn't have too much to say on the matter he was just excited to get this mission going. He was nervous as he wanted to prove himself worthy and not hold them back. Only time will tell now how he will do with this new squad of his.

"I am considering it, but I much prefer ensuring I'm able to partake in such activities than I do slacking off and ending up dead in the dirt for my troubles," Atsuki retorted, inwardly shivering at his own mention of inelegantly biting the dust; though his concern was less on the 'dying' part than the 'dirt' part. He was raised right, damn it. If he lost, he wasn't going to be a sore loser, but if he was dirty he'd be no better than a vagrant! But that was merely a digression. As for Mitsunari's discussion on future hormonal developments (which was... not something Atsuki particularly wanted to talk about sooner than he had to), the Uchiha could only shrug and concede the point. But if he did end up becoming like a lovestruck teenager, Atsuki deduced that he and Mitsuhide were both the types who'd rather not share (especially with the other), and that a love triangle between a hypothetical female squadmate, Mitsuhide, and himself would likely end in irreconcilable differences and be far too inconvenient on every imaginable front. At any rate, they already had Neji, so it was just a hypothetical that would never come to pass. At any rate, as long as his current mentality was retained, a healthy relationship was nothing more than a far-off dream.

"Besides, it's not as if we won't learn about Land of Rivers' spirit in the weeks that we're there," he added, "I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what sights and scenes the Land of Rivers has to offer." That was true enough. He wasn't much of a painter or photographer, but he could really dig a cool, foreign scenic vista more than he could food or customs since it was neither as suspect or tedious, respectively.

Mitsuhide had changed out of his more casual clothes and into more travel oriented gear. He had on boots, stocky black travel pants, a grey shirt with some padding on it for protection purposes, he had a pair of gloves loaned to him by his father from when he was younger, a sturdy well made backpack his mother had bought for him the day before, and of course his trust headband was tied around his forehead. He had his ninja supplies tied up to his waist and a hidden kunai in his shirt sleeve for later use if need be. His mother handed him his supplies and rations for the week ahead and some for the way back if need be. She hugged her son and chuckled. "You're going to be a fine ninja someday Mitsuhide." his mother said happily as Mitsuhide chuckled and blushed but hugged his mom back tightly before letting go. "Don't worry about that mom. I've got a long way to go but I promised everyone I'd protect this village and the Senju clan. I won't let you down." Mitsuhide said as he made his way out the door he didn't look back because he knew he wouldn't need to. His mother would watch him run out the door everyday as a kid but now he was growing up. Wasn't it his job to keep growing up so his mother wouldn't need to watch him every step of the way? He wanted to prove himself to his uncle, his father, and everyone in between. If he wanted to become better if he wanted to surpass his grand father he would need to work harder, get better, train with earnest effort. If he couldn't live up to his legacy that was fine but he was determined to make his own. Mitsuhide ran by the market vendors and people of the village saying hello and waving back to the occasional passerby. He wore a proud smile on his face he couldn't wait to travel out on the road ahead.

It wasn't much longer before Mitsuhide arrived at the gate and coincidentally Takumi the Business man arrived as well a large bulky man with a scar across his nose accompanying him. Takumi had changed into a well made traveling suit more befitting of a hiker than a business man. It was clear he had no intention of walking in a suit. The man had a large broad sword strapped to his back. "Hey everyone I'm here!" Mitsuhide said with a grin as Takumi looked around and nodded at everyone. "This is Zero. He's my personal guard don't worry he was here to make sure I got here safely. He'll be accompanying us back as well. I assume everyone is ready?" Takumi said as Mitsunari grunted ignoring the quips from the other two. "Assuming everyone here didn't forget their toys I'm sure we're all ready to get moving." Mitsunari said bluntly as Takumi nodded satisfied.

Reactions: timv999
'Ah, there's the rest of the group,' Atsuki thought as he saw Mitsuhide, Takumi, and As of Yet Unnamed Big Brute arrived at the designated meeting area. He silently regarded the brutish looking bodyguard as Takumi gave the requisite introduction. He didn't particularly feel anything significant regarding Zero. He could neither find fault with another bodyguard on the return trip, for he would obviously have to return to the Land of Rivers as well, making the larger group an overall convenience; nor could he find anything to be particularly impressed by. Though to be fair, it wasn't as if Atsuki was very easily impressed in the first place. It did, however, explain how the weak businessman sent to look for help had managed to survive so long without bandits coming to take him hostage or worse. "Good afternoon to you three," Atsuki greeted the new arrivals, tone dripping with coldly characteristic politeness. "And it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he cast a nod of acknowledgement towards the Zero the bodyguard.

As for Mitsunari's comment, Atsuki rested his bag on the bench and sifted through it to make sure he had everything he intended to pack. Whether it was rhetorical or not, this was as good a time as any to ensure that all supplies were in place. Of course he had his travel clothes - which were very similar in appearance to his regular clothes save for proper hiking footwear, pants, and different, thicker fabric for protection and insulation - and his forehead protector, which was still being worn in belt-style like usual. His explosive tag, kunai, and shuriken holders were all strapped to his waist or upper thigh for quick access during battle, and an empty, secondary pouch at his back. As far as it seemed, he was combat ready. As for his rations, extra clothes, water bottles, and such; those were all present and accounted for. All in all, he had not forgotten any toys. "Well I can confirm that I have left nothing of importance, sensei," Atsuki answered, closing his bag and slinging it over his shoulder as he spoke. It didn't need to be said that he was ready to go at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.