My daughter wants to join the site.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm......o.O I've talked to her about perverts, guys that will pretend to like her just to use her, pretty much everything a teenage girl needs to be worried about. -Searches to see where it's implicated that no such talks have been given- I have three daughters. Do you think I'm stupid enough to send them out in the world without telling them that there are boys and men out there that will use their bodies against them? Or that there's guys and girls that will only be focused on that?

The issue really isn't with her. I trust her, but at the same time I know how predators can be. She's far too trusting, and she's a teenager. Even if I warn her about someone, she's going to either think she knows better than me and ignore it, or ignore it simply to rebell.
*Is unwatching threads and stumbles into this*

So has she ended up joining or not?
Not asking for a name or anything (That would be bad to give out anyways).
I'm just curious as to the end result.
And no, she didn't join. Not because I told her no, but because her internet access has been limited to one hour a day due to bad grades. She usually does that hour doing drawings for other people.

Then you have nothing to worrie because you know you did your best. I think that's all you can do.
If she trusts you then she'll tell you about this guy/girl that she met wherever in the web and you'll know what's going on.

A shame that after all this fuss she hasn't joined.

Parenthood is hell, sometimes, right?

I think that if she's 13 years old, and you can't talk to her and tell her that you are concerned about the perverts and that you want to see what she does in her pages, then the one that's being childish is you.

If you raised to be a good girl, she'd be, and you don't need to worry. If not, you're not going to make any difference now.

You shoud talk franckly with her about anything, you're her mother, for god's sake! You have to be able to talk with her about anything because you two must stick together. The best thing you can do is tell her that you're here, thet the site's about fiction and teach her how to protect herself against the perverts.
Also you should respect her decisions on whatever she does (for example, if she wants to make a Partner request for a Liberteen RP, you shoudn't horrorise yourself or say anything to her. You know the other people are kids too and that anything she does, she's experiencing something new) and stop stalking her. If you have a good communication, you won't need it.

Is better to build trust in you so she alone tells you anything than stalking her. You can't see everything she does, but you can earn the trust so she tells you everything she does.

She's 13. Why on earth would you even bring up that Nydanna should sit back and not say anything if her daughter tries to make a libertine roleplay? Not only is libertine thankfully age restricted on this site, but it's frankly kind of creepy to bring that up.

Well @Nydanna, if her grades improve she's more than welcome on Iwaku when her internet restrictions are relaxed. ^^

Education comes first though, so I respect your decision.

I think that you shoud think on the worst common esenario, tht would be that.

And i think that better than do it, it's playing it.

My inner Grammar Nazi is getting ticked off.

One and one:
Mrs. Nydanna is more than capable of monitoring what her daughter does. That's that.

I also think having her grades increase before she joins is a good Idea, think of it as a privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, i'm not really good with english

Hehehe. Mrs. Nydanna. That sounds funny. XD

If and when she joins she already knows Liberteen section is off limits, but honestly I don't think that's an issue anyway. She's not really interested in boys in that way.

Hehehe. Mrs. Nydanna. That sounds funny. XD

If and when she joins she already knows Liberteen section is off limits, but honestly I don't think that's an issue anyway. She's not really interested in boys in that way.
What you don't know is that she's into girls and will be hitting up the lesbian Liberteen scene immediately. 8D

No, she's not into girls, but I'd be alright if she was. If anything, I'm almost hoping she's into girls. At least then I won't have to worry about her getting pregnant.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Maybe because I don't have kids (yet), but I think I'd be okay with my kids being in the Liberteen section. Better here than somewhere else.

I thought this thread was dead o.O THIS THREAD GOES IWAKU VIRAL DAMN IT D:

I think you should let your kid join. We'll keep our eyes on her without even knowing it's her :3 WE WATCH ALL OF YOU ALL THE TIME! No one is safe hehehe

I thought there was two Libertine sections.
One for blue stars and one for red stars?
And no, she didn't join. Not because I told her no, but because her internet access has been limited to one hour a day due to bad grades. She usually does that hour doing drawings for other people.
Ah, I see.
Shame to hear her grades are suffering atm, hopefully she's able to improve them.

redblood, re you stalking us all? even in my beauty showers?

I'm really just amazed your daughter wants to join the same forum as you. That probably says tons about your relationship, though. Congratulations.

I was also going to comment on how 13 is too young yada yada and then I realized I joined my first roleplaying forum at 13 and figured I better shut my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.