Muvluv Ironfront RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to the Colonel as she stopped, and then to the entrance of the rec room in the distance Rolando responded "Certainly." before following her lead. At her mention of those who did not return, his face tensed briefly. "Mmm, yes, it felt like we were only gaining inches as each day passed, only to lose several feet the next..." Looking to the ground he recalled the waves of BETA, the TSF's exploding while being swarmed, and his blood stained TSF at the end of those brutal days on the field. Not taking notice of their entry into the rec room, his attention was caught at the Colonel mentioning her sister squadron. "Ahh, yes, there were plenty of fine people to it. Many young faces... so audacious and cheery." he replied, ending with a smile, before it faded as mental images of smiling faces in pilot uniforms flooded his mind. Regretting having dug so far in his memories, but not letting it show, his mood shifted at the mention of retaking Spain.

"Of course... It's ..." he began, before being cut off. Face growing solemn at the mention of the BETA's habits it soon lightened up as he chuckled. "Haha, I'm aware. But Spain is strong. Its only natural that our heritage would be the same. I have faith there is something left Colonel. And if not, there's always this." Tapping his chest plate it ringed twice before Rolando sported a hearty smile. "And we can always rebuild." he further added. "Though, I'm curious you would bring that up. Could it be, that you were worried about this old warrior?" he said with a smirk in reference to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turning his head at the arrival of the Japanese pilot, Drago stared at the man trying to place his name. Chewing on his food in the process it wasn't until he stopped and swallowed that he gave up. Shrugging to himself he returned attention to his plate allowing the silence at the table to continue. Though, it wasn't long before it and they were interrupted by the Major's presence. Looking to her he said nothing until she sat down and he'd finished the last bite of his first burger. Swallowing he answered "No more rations." before giving a dissatisfied look. Starting on his second, he stopped his hand just short of his mouth before giving the Major a closer glance. Noticing her hands with fresh bandages he asked "Hurt hands?".

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Marvus found himself slowly joined by others first by the Serb, then the Jap and finally the Russian, the silence wasn't a bad one it was a considerate one, one that seemed to obsorb those within the group, though the others had very light conservation between each other Marvus had yet to begin as he considered what was going to face them in the coming days.

Something washed over Marvus, however as he felt a sudden buzz pass over him as he then found his drink deciding it was wanting to not go down the right tube as he had a quick cough, it was rather that then have such a beverage in the lungs after all that was rather nasty, though in addition it may also have been due to the fact Marvus didn't drink all that often anymore after all it wasn't that good on the liver.

The Major had made a comment regarding using of the Bar room over the Mess Hall, however Marvus did find this place more relaxing with the fact the Bar room drew all the majority of the people.

Marvus eventally picked up on the point the Serb made regarding the Major hands, to lighten the area, Marvus decided to speak up, "Why don't we all enjoy ourselves a little game, after all Major it will help those hands!"

Listening to his reply Lucia gives a nod of recognition, thinking on the various things the man had said, she herself didn't have all that much more information than he did, minus in some generalities, and of course what was feared to be found on the mainland.

"Whatever the did that day in Central Asia, we've been pushing them back, though I worry with how large of an offense is planned..losses will be massive..but we must attack..all I can do is try and keep those losses as small as possible."

Wondering how to answer his questions on if she was concerned, that was another matter. She knew some of what the UN suspected, but could never confirm, Satellites were but so useful as they could only watch, and insertion teams or recon flights were not options at all minus the most worse of situations. There were ruins no doubt, even fully intact structures, the problem was if it was suitable for human habitation..

"Of course, we can always rebuild." She says simply, inserting a coin into the machine and pulling the plug the small metal ball fires forward with the electric sounds the machine was prone to give. "As to that, I would not say concern so much as curiosity..you have more than earned your chance to quit. In terms of age you should outrank me. If I had the choice I would be at home caring for my two kids..not doing this." As the ball hits the blockers a few times the Colonel misses, with a sorrowful look on her face and a low reply, "..we do what we must."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatiana takes notice of the Serbs comment, glancing at her hands, her rips also were bandaged, light wounds overall. "...Oh..this? Just a scratch..it will heal in no time. Need not be worried Comrade." While her English was good, it wasn't always perfect, stating her own thoughts and fact of the matter on the bandages, she was more worried about her new leg, though her...Comrades did very little to it. Though her memory of the whole affair was foggy..she barely even remembered how she got there..nevermind why..

With that thought pushing her focus her neural nullifier comes into play making remembering the source..painful. Holding her right palm to her head, and briefly leaning forward, a series of images flash allowing her to somewhat within her own mind piece the puzzle together..but she knew there were limits and when to stop.

Shaking her head clear the Major gives a soft chuckle. "..Just a headache must be air da..just the air...Yes let us play a game, you have something in mind Sergeant?" Starting on her own meal, she had a rather methodical way of eating it seemed, pushing the gravy from the meat onto the mashed potatoes, the pudding was left untouched, as with her fork and knife the meat is cut into thin strips to be eaten one by one.

He eyed the Majors augmentations over, the thought of having to use prosthetic's; however good they were; always made Kosuke feel if he had to he would be disconnected from the world around him. 'I'd no doubt be more of a liability that way, and yet the Major takes it in stride.' he thought as he imagined the difficulty the Major must have been going through adjusting and tuning the mechanisms and yet how well she performed in the simulation despite that fact. He swallowed what was left of his burger and took a sip of his whiskey to soak it all down. Giving a nod to the Brit and a smile to the Serb he stood, tray in hand, to put it up to be washed. He quickly made his way to the conveyor that disappeared through the wall and into the kitchen, depositing his tray and heading back to the table.

As he sat back down he spoke, "A game sounds good." he said to the Brit, "What do you have in store for us Sergeant?" he asked curiously as he picked up his whiskey glass determined to finish it. He took a long draw from the glass and gave a small shudder at the overwhelming taste of ethanol the whiskey gave him. Swallowing quickly he let slip a short gasp for air as the alcohol left a burning sensation in his mouth, "Definitely stronger than I had expected for UN rations." he said to no one in particular as he swirled the whiskey in his glass lamenting his prior decision to kill the rather large portion of alcohol he had been given.

With a reluctant sigh and an eye roll he lifted the whiskey to his lips once more.

'Fuck.' he thought as he downed the rest of the glass in one go 'If I'm going to be playing some sort of a game I may as well attempt to have fun while doing so' he thought. Kosuke winced at the burning sensation making its way to his stomach as he swallowed the last bit of whiskey left in the glass. "Well no going back now huh?" he said as he placed the empty glass on the table.

Jack had just received his food, which was a tray of not much else other than a hamburger and some water.
He sat down at the side of the table, with the Major, the huge Serbian guy, Kosuke, and Marvus. He was on the edge of the group, and ge could chime in should be feel the need to.
Of course, he decided he should put a larger effort into getting to know his colleagues in the way he was used to. Tagging along.
Apparently they were about to start a game just as he was sitting down.
Previous memeories of a certain 'game' that the guys back at his base played once at the table urged him not to join. He didn't want to accidentally join any rounds of Five Finger Fillet. The Major already had bandages, and he didn't know where she got them... Probably not from Five Finger Filett, but he wasn't sure if it would be rude or not to ask.
It wouldn't have been an exaggeration to say he thought of her as a complete badass, of course, with that opinion being further reinforced by what he saw her do in the simulation.
He simply made himself known, before quietly beginning to eat.
"Hello, everybody."

She made a short visit to the library after the entire ordeal with Kosuke and Blake. She needed to get her mind off of things and focus on something more easy and perhaps productive. At least something that would be productive in her spare time. There were plenty of book shelves when the woman arrived, and was somewhat surprised by how much was in the UN base. To her own interest, mystery books was more appealing than anything else, as she started to go through more than one book when she found the right section. "Lets see.." The East German began, all too curious about what may be stored in this particular library.

Flipping from one book to another with her index finger, the mere title on some of the books was enough for her to ignore them. However there were more than just one particular book shelf that stored the genre she was interested in. "Nothing that's quite that interesting.." The woman whispered. A bored expression was all over her face, but even that was good for her. At least now, the meet with Petrov did not boggle her mind, not as much as before. Moving through the library her blue eyes noticed Sam Eloise, an american pilot. Despite her own feelings when it came to the U.S., it did not stop her from going against what she believed in. New chances equals new possibilities.

As she eventually walked past her, while she was next to the cashier, Erika was able to see the books she was about to buy. 'Someone else who has a taste in reading books?' She curiously added, before making her presence known. One she ignored, while the other she had read before, and the third one that piqued her interest.

"You know, 2nd. Lieutenant Eloise. Gulliver's Travels is a good choice. You'll enjoy reading that. As for Isabel and the Sea.. That's something I haven't read yet."

"But, in this day and age, I never pegged someone else to be interested in books.. Other than myself, that is." Erika smiled.

@Astros

Marvus looked throughout the group and then began to speak, "Well ive got two options for us, either we play strip poker and the one who loses runs a few laps around the compound or we play a game or two of rummy where we bet our remaining ration tickets, though im open to suggestions"

Marvus wanted to gauge the groups reactions, at the end of the day card games were a good way to let off some steam and to relax with what was too come a way to get used to being around each other, after all it was only a game and their shouldn't really be any issues with a bit of strip poker between soldiers, though it would be understandable if certain members weren't all that interested.

Before they could start the youngster had joined them, this could be an opportunity to test the youngster on his courage after all in the coming days it may well be needed, "Kiddo, are you interested in a game im sure it would be interesting and seeing as you've joined us here, ill assume your up for it"

With his smirk soon fading, Rolando nodded once in understanding before saying. "I won't lie, I've considered it. But, what of Spain?..." Looking into the distance as if pondering it in the moment he turns back to the Colonel and continues. "I always end up asking myself that haha. While my home may be in ruins it still remains in enemy hands. I know, I could not sit idly by with a family knowing that." he said shaking his head. "All the while people such as yourself or the young ones in our unit would be out here fighting and dying. If anyone should shed blood for my country it should be her countrymen." Looking to the pinball machine "My turn is it?" he said before stepping in front of it. Filled with a sense of familiarity he puts in a coin and pulls back the coiled hammer letting a ball fly.

"The way I see it." he continued. "Spain is my one and true home. If I have a family. I would rather them to live and experience Spain's rich culture and history." Bouncing the ball effortlessly off the blockers it flies back up to the top before ricocheting and lighting up the machine with clinking and clattering. "The countryside is lush with rolling hills and plains. Only matched by the old architecture. You'd be surprised how many 15th and 16th century stone walls and churches still remain there." returning the chrome ball to the top for a third time a broad smile crosses Rolando's face as his eyes remained focused on the center. "The trick is to not follow the ball." he said as he bounced the ball back again. "We had a few of these back home when I was a child. I would always try to outmatch the latest highscore of the other children. It wouldn't be a week until someone had beaten mine." Continuing to play for a minute or so he eventually turns back to the Colonel saying "I think it's my win Colonel." before allowing the ball to pass by the blockers and end the game.

Astros & Akashi Col-lab
~Being blatantly ignored by the lone cashier as they read a magazine. Sam stood with a stoic face as she faced their back. Beneath the expression she was beginning to lose her patience before hearing her name. Tension easing, she turned her head left to see Lieutenant Erika. Tempted to ask the woman if she was here for another lecture, the thought left Sam's mind at the mention of her books. Turning back to look at Isabel and the Sea, she hadn't read it herself, but it was about the Sea which was enough. As Erika continued, the sides of Sam's face soon curved into a faint smile, before disappearing.

"You can thank my brother for that." she said before looking back to Erika and placing a fist to the left side of her head. "Ground the habit into me." she added, making a grinding motion with her fist before lowering it. "Literally. If I didn't read he'd noogie till I started. Though.." Picking up Gulliver's Travels, she turned the cover to face Erika, saying "He'd read to me once in awhile. Like Gulliver's." before returning it to the counter.

~It was nice to hear that someone else had some interest in books other than herself. Once she made her presence known, the lieutenant before her may have been wondering why she approached the American. Hearing upon the reasons for why she was there in the first place was enough to warrant a smile on Erika's own face. The East German was also slightly curious when she mentioned how persuasive her brother was.

It was a good reason, nonetheless, or that's what she believed. "Well, that's nice isn't it?" She rhetorically asked, because it must've been right? For herself, she took it upon herself to read books that piqued her interest. A reason reading was almost like a hobby to her, but also something she'd use to pass the time when there was something on her mind or if she was bored.

~With shrugged shoulders Sam replied "I guess." before looking to Erika's empty hands. "You window shopping?"

~"Hmm.." Erika almost hummed, glancing slightly around in the area before moving her attention back at the American. "For now I am, I guess. I just got here so there hasn't been anything for me to pick up yet."

~"What are you looking for?

~If anything, for Erika, the genre mystery was quite interesting. Finding out something new, truth or fantasy. Anything that would actually add suspense and excitement when reading. Those were mostly mystery added with fantasy or well, realistic. It did not matter, but then again, she was also ready to try anything new. At least Sam had some of the same interest as her. "Well, there's Gulliver's Travels, but I've already read that, so I guess what I would like to read would be anything that's heavily involved with mystery."

As she mentioned what she may be looking for, she again glanced around in the store. At first she believed it to be a library, but it was more than that, however one could easily mistake it as a library, or maybe not. Perhaps it was just her own mind playing tricks on her. There was an abundant and clear reason behind that.

~"Mystery huh." "You'll have a hard time finding those." Sam said as she looked to the shelves. "The books are a mess, It's A Real Fucking Dump In Here." raising her voice at the last statement she looked over at the cashier who showed now response. Turning away and back toward the books she offered to help. "I'll save you some time."

~"Hmm." She started, gazing about the store. It was indeed a big mess. Perhaps having her knowledge with books in her pocket would be nice for the future. If either of them would live to talk more about it. With the state the world was in, one could never say if you'd see the next day or not.

"That may be why I did not find what I was looking for, but then again, I did not look around much before I noticed you. And thanks, that'll help."

~"If you're a Drew fan. There's The Secret of The Old Clock, third row from the top, second shelf, wedged between some old Playboy and dictionary. If you're into Christie they got one, Ten Little Niggers, British edition of And Then There Were None. First shelf, middle row, seven books from the right. If you like spies there's The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, second shelf, three from the bottom row on the left. They also have Atomsk, but that's more suspenseful spy than mystery."Oh! and they got noir." stressing the last word she made a mock of the accents typical to the genre. "The Big Sleep, by Chandler. First shelf, middle row, between Harry Potter and The Thief Lord.

~The titles she mentioned were all unknown and new to her. The American before her may just have a bigger interest in the books than Erika herself. 'The Secret of the Old Clock.' She pondered at the title. The name itself added enough mystery to it. Enough to pique her interest than the others Sam mentioned. Some of them had utter but shitty names, at least some of them.

"The Secret of the Old Clock sounds like a horror and a mystery. I'll at least give that a try."

Erika was surprised how the woman could suggest and point in one or many directions, mentioned where what book was and what its title was. "That's surprising." She began, before curiously continuing.

"How do you know where's what? Or even where what I'm looking for is?" Yes, the woman before the East German had some excellent memory. Something that could also easily come in handy during missions out there against the BETA or otherwise.

~"It's decent. Has a female lead." adding that bit of info, Sam finished her magic act before turning to see she'd grabbed the cashiers attention with her ramblings. "Oh! Now I have your attention?" Seemingly withdrawing them from the interest of their magazine, the cashier realizes their unknown fault at the words. "Gonna sell me these books or am I gonna just walk out with em?" Sam stated before answering Erika. "Well, when you have to write a book from memory in order to eat you get good at it."

~One surprise after another, or well, not entirely. Erika's was wondering why that was the case, and asked a question, hoping she wasn't prying. She did not know the woman well, but now that they were conversing with one another, this may as well be the best chance. Because one never knows what the next hour would bring. "Really? Why did you have to write an entire book from your memory alone just to get something to eat?"

~"Punishment. I was a rowdy kid." Giving the cashier their payment with a slight glare, Sam began to take up her books in one hand.

~"Well, at least you had parents.." There was a reason for why she mentioned that. Erika herself never knew her own biological family, nor did she have one. She was an orphan, who was later in the years picked up by a certain someone, and one of the many reasons why she is where she's now.

~"They were not, my parents." Sam answered sternly. Directing a glowering stare into Erika eyes before returning it to the counter.

~It seemed like Erika and Sam had more in common than what she first assumed. If they werent her parents, who where they? Adoptive parents? The East German clearly noted the expression on her face, and decided to share a little bit from her own past. "I'm sorry, I thought they were.."

"But since they are not, I guess you and I were both raised by someone who wasn't related to us by blood. I guess that's something else we have in common, besides our interest in that." She nodded towards the books in her hands.

~Looking down briefly to her books. Sam could only guess as to what Erika meant by her words. Upon facing her again she nodded her head up saying "You too, huh. Well. I hear the orphanages in Britain are better than in the US.". Looking to the bookshelves at this, Sam leaves Erika's side and walks to the second one, reaching up to the third row. Pulling out The Secret of The Old Clock she hands it to Erika on her way to the door.

~"Yep, though no matter where an orphanage is, it still gives off the same feeling, I'd assume." Erika tried making a simple smile.

Noting how bad the service was there, the cashier did not look like someone who actually wanted to be there. Well, no one did. She followed Sam and noticed her reaching for something. A book, and a book the East German was interested in. The Secret of the Old Clock. Grabbing it, she thanked the American pilot. "I appreciate this. It'll at least get my mind off of things." With that, the company she had for a moment parted ways.

She'd do the same eventually, but now, Erika had to go and face the same cashier.

Pushing his concern aside at the words of the Major, Drago refocused his attention to his food. Having gotten enough for two people it was taking him fairly longer to finish than the others had. As the new addition to their table arrived he raised his hand to welcome the rookie as his mouth was too full to speak. Once cleared he turned to the American asking "How was first day?". Listening to young man tell of his experience, Drago's attention was soon taken by Marvus's proposal. Slapping his hand down firmly in the middle of the table, he uttered. "Two week alcohol ration." to suggest they bet two weeks worth instead. At Marvus asking the rookie to join, Drago joined in. "Dah, join." he said, cheerfully pulling the man closer to him and those seated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
Kosuke smiled at the Serbs antics, "I'll raise you the two weeks alcohol rations. It won't be too large a loss to me seeing as I don't drink too often." he finished as he looked to the young American, "Join us Lieutenant, a stress relief is something we all need right now." he said. He noticed his head beginning to feel lighter, and his mind seeming to let go of something but he wasn't quite able to pinpoint what it was exactly. 'Well the whiskey is going to work a bit sooner than I expected.' he thought as he leaned a bit back in his chair trying to get comfortable. Wriggling in his seat for a second he lets out a short breath, "Guess these chairs won't be any more comfortable no matter how intoxicated I become." his voice was slightly sad and his mind was wrestling with the fact that such a small point was bothering him so much. 'Who cares though...?' he thought to himself.

"Sergeant, I'll play either game, so whatever the others vote on count me in." he said as he picked up his empty whiskey glass and placed it above his mouth in an attempt to get any more whiskey from it. His mind was slower than usual and it must have been a few second before he lowered the glass and shifted his attention back to the young American, "And get some liquor in you Lieutenant, may be our last chance to do so. Believe it or not." Kosuke remarked matter-of-factly with an honest look to his face and a point in the Americans direction.

Pausing at mention of the Captain's story Lucia has a sudden look of sadness flush over her. Not wanting to tell the man what she knows, he was hte sort that needed to see for himself..and then to see if he would break down, or seek vengence. Almost as if in pity, like a Doctor who had terrible news for a positive thinking person. "May we both see our homelands in due time." Chuckling at his remarks in regards to Pinball Lucia gives a nod and a partly sarcastic round of applause.

"Indeed it is your win Rolando. Though is curious, you said someone else would beat your score, yet you would always seemingly reclaim it. You are a bit of luck to have on this I see. I wonder what sort of games we would have now if everything wasn't for this war. What my children would have been playing."

Pausing at that the Colonel suddenly seems to bow her head curtly. "I'm sorry to cut this short Captain, final paperwork I need to do. Burden of Command I guess. I was wondering where I had seen you, and why you fought..I may speak with you at a later time. Until then enjoy your evening Comrade." With a wave of her hand in parting the Colonel departs the room, some last minute details needed to be worked out, but more importantly she needed some time alone.

The days ahead would be a bit of a challenge but they could be overcame.

Some of them..plus there were more hurdles in the way..more than even Lucia Ebner realized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glaring at the mention of strip poker, Tatiana states her reasoning for distaste at this notion readily. "Hmph...all males and one girl..I do not believe this will be fair game. Mother Russia has a more effect means to boost morale." Making her left hand into a gun with a false bang, it was a reference to the KGB rearguards who had seen reactivation, while not known or stated, she herself in the GRU had performed such tasks.. A bit of the dark humour commonplace to the Soviet Union.

Though she could have played and more or less easily won, provided they didn't know how to shield their thoughts, or had a blocker that the Soviets developed card guessing was a simple affair. Though her own abilities had limits. Rubbing her new leg she was fatigued even if it didn't seem to be the case. It was difficult to walk on, and hurt like mad, but at the same time having a limb to stand on once more was wonderful, and with her normal treatment this was bearable. She didn't have the luxury to wait around and take it slow as the medic had wished, though that was often the case.

Snickering at the Expense of Kosuke the Major can't help but smile. "Oh? The seats for us superior officers over there are very well padded. Privilege of rank I suppose. None the Less it beats the floor leg thing your people do." With a slight laugh the Major turns to the option of game, strip poker which she never played, she didn't need her..other abilities to tell being the only woman would be a sure fire way to see to it that the males would see to it she lost, never mind the crowd it would gather. She never engaged in such but had seen it among western units often enough.

Rummy however was a game she couldn't really cheat at as it were. It was based on luck and considering she had a fake leg and a missing eye...was that good or bad?

"Well comrade Serb seems to like to drink, I will play along." Going back to her own meal she starts with the meat piece by piece. "I will return the rations should I win." At that moment a man in a chiefs rob brings a flask sized bottle of Vodka. while not much when compared to the others it was borderline pure alcohol with 4 shots worth of the fiery liquid. Taking a break from her meal and giving a nod to the cook she exaims the contents.

Rather than dilute it or add it to her juice, the Major simply unscrews the cap and turns it up straight taking a gulp. "Dasvidaniya Rodina!"
Or Goodbye Mother Russia! A rather common if bitter joke of Soviet TSF and Bomber Pilots who in a sense laughed at the fact they were likely dead.

"Very well let us be playing."

Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Throughout the course of the game the Major seemed a bit tipsy but not quite drunk. Stone faced as always however there was one sign of when she had a bad hand, she tended to finger her eye patch. Tatiana's own efforts to visualize what was on the other cards however were ultimately pointless. Rummy was a game built largely on luck, ultimately just like in the simulations, that bastard Serb seemed to have the devils luck. It was dangerous being around his kind for long. Or thats what her small bits of superstition said. After all their bad luck had a habit of rubbing off onto others.

A blessing an a curse. Regardless making her own way back to her own room the Major quits the game as soon as it was clear he would win, she didn't drink all that much, and knew Henderson well enough to make use of his connections if need be..though the thought of using such illegal corrupt western means irritated her.

The following days with without incident mostly, pilots were rotated, shifts were changed, flight groups named, and the UN blues now took the place of all their uniforms. Training was carried out, the Colonel moved units and machines as she seen fit, with some sort of detached feel for people that Tatiana could not fully understand. The Colonel always treated Military courtesy as a two ways street, though she seemed distracted. Regardless that was of little importance as the Major took her hours off in the pool, wanting to make sure she didn't have a relapse in the cockpit when she needed it the most in battle.

Four days later and two hours before dawn, and here they all were now, gathered in the pilot briefing room. Small talk was carried out, little jabs and jitters, notably both the French girl and the other American were absent, maybe Lieutenant Colonel Ebner would have an explanation. Other than that most of them that had slept were waking up, a Sergent Stewardess with the Royal Air force had led her small group of privates about, filling up coffee cups, and setting up a small table of pastries, they needed it at this hour.

Snacking on a donut and wondering where the Lieutenant colonel was, the Major didn't seem to engage in small talk. Standing on the briefing platform with her harsh and determined gaze there was little else to do. Such meetings were okay though...there were free sweets after all. Though if most knew that Ice Queen loved stuffed animals and sweets, they would likely bowl over in their chairs. Be it from shock or laughter..possibly gunfire in the later. Reaching for a second pastry, a thrown comes across the Majors face.

Cursing her luck and remembering an old saying common across the world, she mutters it briefly. "Speak of the devil..."

"Flight Group! Attention!" Snapping her heels together Tatiana is somewhat curious what this was all about..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"At ease. First order of Business, those of you on the front row in my Squadron might have noticed two empty seats, I'll get to that shortly." Reaching into her pocket are three patches, one has a black skull and the numbers 777th, the next has a Norse Valkyrie pointing a sword skyward and the numbers 501st. The last has a Knight Helmet, with a Single rose, encasing said helmet in a crown of thorns. And the numbers 101st.

"We three squadrons will make up the 101st UN Independent Flight Group of the United Nations 336th TSF Special Missions Regiment. Ackerman, Povlov, you two can fight over who gets the pick of the two." Throwing out the other two patches, the Russians Rolls for the skull snatching it, causing the Englishman to have it.

"Bloody hell, he can have it, I got some of the Folks from up north in the unit anyways, bugger just wants that lucky number, better put a damn club or spade on that skull..think I'll get my customized a bit too. Thanks Colonel." Taking the pouch and returning to his seat, most of the Third and Second unit laugh, as the Colonel slaps her own patch to her jacket arm.

"Our unit is the 101'st, Rosenritters. We'll operate under the call sign Ritter One through Twelve. I am one, the Comrade Major is Two, and Rolando is three, the rest of you can decide amongst yourselves if thats fine." Now moving on she had to address the last minute changes, the US Navy suddenly decided they needed the Lieutenant back as he had carrier qualifications, and they needed more missile units, particularly he was going to the Jolly Rodgers. In return the Americans handed over an American Marine who at least knew how to operate as a Rush Guard given he was arriving today she didn't have time to read his file..he should be there right now in fact.

"Given reassignment last night, a new person will be joining us from the US Marinekorps." Saying this in the German fashion Lucia tries to remember the mans name. "Caine, Michael, 2nd Lieutenant. And from the 102nd Wing, Romanian Peoples Republic Army 2nd Lieutenant, Dalca, Victor will be filling in our empty Blast Guard position in his own Mig-31, so Draco should be able to more easily work with him."

Clearing her throat she continues, questions could be answered after the briefing.

Showing a map of France, Lucia begins to explain the significance of why France.

"As you can see here on the Map the Lyon hive dominates central and Western Europe, with two more." A point with her right hand and index finger. "Hungary, and.." Another. "Finland."

Setting her arm down, it was time to let them know the potential good news, while keeping out the unconfirmed bits she knew in private. "If we crush the Lyon Hive, then we free all of Europe back to the Oder river. All of our territory with a bit of clean up will be freed, elsewhere the Human race is hitting back in Siam, parts of Asia, the Middle East, and Norway. We cannot afford to fail, but we likely can't or rather will take them all."

A pause soon follows with a hopeful look. "At least outright. The US Space Forces and the Soviet Army have not fully recovered from recent operations. So we have to take these hives the old fashioned way, a steady advance and campaign. The problem is Military hardware weighs much more now. So the French Harbors must be taken. This becomes more difficult if the local BETA can figure out our plan." Pulling the map up, 15 divisions of various sorts, plus another 30 behind them were slated to Various landing sides in France and the lowlands, plus a push up from the straights of Gibraltar, and a blocking force of some sort from Africa Command to keep the BETA in Eastern Europe busy. "This is a plan we don't have to worry about, or at least not yet."

As the projector map changes views, triggered by an unknown source, the beaches of Normandy are highlighted, and zoomed in on. "We are to land here in three hours from now with three infantry and one Armoured Division."

"Elements of the Soviet 20th Guard Tanks, 12th NVA, the Kings Guards and the 1st US Infantry Division will be joining us in this battle with Support of the HMS Vanguard, the Japanese Assault-ship Isemaru, and over two hundred other ships will be joining us for this diversion. The 101st Wing will be providing escort and close ground support to the landing units. High Command in its...wisdom has decided to use us as the bait. Though if we don't get the BETA's attention, that foothold in France can't be fixed in place,then the Gibraltar based force will be on its own.. Failure is not an option. The basic battle plan is like what we've practiced in the Simulations..I'll be going an hour ahead of you all to link up with the Japanese Assault-ship and to plan the battle with the Admiral in command of the Fleet."

While the plan wasn't that detailed, the three squadrons had spend the last three days practicing in the Sims; The First unit was tasked with Laserjadge and generally the counter offense. Unit two was to breakout and set up defensive positions to cover heliborne infantry. And the third Unit was tasked with direct ground support.

"Make what preparations you need, carry what spare ammo you can, we'll be using some tankers and the assault ship to refuel. Twice. Once when we arrive to cover the landings, again after thats done and we wait for the BETA. If there are no questions you are dismissed, meet at runway 12 in your TSF's Two hours from now, the Major's unit has been programmed with the route, she gets to play pioneer for your flight."

Waiting for comments, curses, or questions, Lucia shuts off the projector. This was just the first mission after all, there was no point dwelling on the larger picture..least not now.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Just before the game started Jack decided to join in, and ended up doing poorly. Hopefully the same luck wouldn't continue in the mission the next day.

The days rolled on by as Jack tried to pop into groups when he felt he would fit, though on an overall scale, he remained a little quiet. Soon, it was the big day. He visibly frowned at the word 'bait.'

After the briefing, Jack looked around, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. His face had no discernable expression, and his eyes were just a bit wider than they normally were, and he was twiddling his thumbs.

He was nervous out of his wits, and at a loss of what to do other than to simply wait for deployment. As for his number, he was okay with just getting what was left over.

He finally managed to break the stance he was in as he found an unnocupied seat. He promplty sat down and stared at the floor, going over in his head everything that he learned from the simulation. He thought to himself.
'Alright... Don't do anything fancy unless absolutely necessary, mind where I'm going as I'm shooting, stay away from anything that our allies might hit... Protect the others, mind my ammo and make sure those ugly freaks die when I shoot them. Don't shoot anybody on accident, and If I go down, distract and or kill as many BETA as possible.'

He stood up after the internal monologue, and headed back towards some of his allies, before asking quietly.
"You guys got any extra tips? I'm fighting for the first time so... Anything Importa t I should... know?

Kosuke grimaced at the Commanders account of the 101st being used as bait. It wasn't anything new to Kosuke, in fact a majority of his past sorties had been delaying actions and distractions for some grander goal of the IJMDF, it was the way he was used to fighting. Never doing the most important objective but carrying out the objective that would ensure the success of the operation as a whole no matter it's risk. 'Taking the heat off the main force.' he thought, 'Makes sense, they'd be turned into a pulp if the 101st wasn't there in the first place...'. He listened intently to the rest of the briefing, nodding approval at the mention of their role in the upcoming battle.

The briefing ended and Kosuke was waiting for any follow-on questions when he noticed the young American, Blake as he approached the group of pilots. Kosuke leaned his head back over his left shoulder at Blake's request for any tips for the upcoming battle. Kosuke weighed the question for a few seconds and then remembered one of the things that had been so stressed in the Mainland.

"That Eight Minutes of Death stuff..." he gave a sly grin and continued "...It's complete and utter bullshit. Don't count your time, don't pay attention to it at all. You'll just slip up somewhere else and end up a pile of gore in your cockpit that much sooner." he said to the boy. Standing he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair and turned back to Blake, "Aim straight, Shoot straight, Fly straight." he chuckled at the idiocy of the comment.

"Watch the Lieutenants back, and maybe we'll all have a drink after this is over." he said to Blake, giving him a strong pat on the shoulder as he walked past him and toward the door, 'No reason in waiting for questions, better to prep the Fubuki.' he thought as he turned down the hall toward the changing rooms, and the hangars.

Kosuke knelt on his Fubuki's right shoulder, the mechanics had been trying to fix a faulting motor for the past few days and assured him that it was just a 'Computer Error' but Kosuke decided to check for himself. After a few minutes of convincing the mechanics the armor on the Fubuki's shoulder had been lifted off the chassis and Kosuke found himself in his current position.

'Everything seems connected properly, but...' he trailed off as he followed a small wire tucked deeper in the mechanisms from the motor that he couldn't quite place anywhere when trying to remember the Type-97s training manual from so long ago. It disappeared into the upper-arm of Fubuki. Sliding down the arm he stopped himself laying head-first at the opening in the armor at the elbow joint. Flashlight in hand he took a quick peak inside finding the wire once more as it continued it's journey, purpose unknown toward the wrist of the TSF.

He inched his way toward the hand, trying to follow the wire which disappeared into the hand itself. Swinging his legs over the side of the TSF he dropped to the pilot platform with considerably more grace than his landing in the first simulation.

"Excuse me, there's a wire coming from the motor in the shoulder up there." he motioned with the flashlight toward the exposed shoulder, "Don't remember it in the manuals, mind taking a look for me?" he asked the mechanic in charge of the current work group.

The mechanic averted his eyes, peering at another mechanic as if asking for help before turning back to Kosuke, "It's nothing to worry about as we said, it's just a feedback error in the motors monitoring system. That wires is just a redundancy we put in because of that. Everything's uh... Everything's good with your TSF." the mechanic nodded his head eagerly and then went on, "Look we've got three more machines that have some last minute maintenance before you all go, and we still need to get that shoulder back on." the mechanic scratched his head avoiding eye contact with Kosuke, "So if you could just let us work that'd be great." he let out a forced smile and retreated to the safety of the other mechanics.

'Odd, give me the run around, sure. If it's something I wouldn't like... They did a terrible job of hiding it.' he thought as he made his way back to the changing room 'And they could have chosen someone better at lying to do the uh... Lying.'. He wiped his grease covered hands on the pair of coveralls the UN had issued him and made a B-Line for the showers.

A short time later he got out and slipped into his fortified suit and made his way back to the hangar. Surprised to find the Fubuki's shoulder already back in place and the mechanics working on the leg of another TSF farther down the line.

Tapping the Fubuki's cockpit open he slipped into the pilots seat, he made a quick check to make sure the TSF registered that it had all it's weapons loaded and properly attached to their mounts. Satisfied with the diagnostic check he put his hands behind his head resigning to take a nap while waiting for the others to make their way to their TSFs. Leaving the cockpit open, he drifted off into an uneasy sleep, the sound of power tools in the background filling his mind.

Sam took a sip of her worm dirt as the Colonel made her way through the room. Watching as the German headed for the platform, everyone around soon got up from their seats at the call for attention. As they remained at ease, Sam stood instead with arms crossed, holding her tin coffee cup as the briefing began. Great, a Jarhead. Can't wait for him to talk shit. she thought, before noticing a private serving coffee walking in her direction. Holding out her empty cup to the woman, she stopped and started to tip the pot until Sam pulled the cup out from beneath it.

Nearly spilling coffee onto the floor, the girl's expression changing to mixed confusion and annoyance. Sam simply held out the cup again but with handle facing her instead. Waiting as she hesitantly took it, Sam looked back to the platform as the projector turned on. Attention focused on the images, she made a mental note as the meeting ended and the room began to empty. Now to kill time. Leaving with the crowd, she debated whether to go sleep in the barracks or read more of her book.

Making a racket before the briefing began, Drago was dragged into a verbal dispute over the amount of sweets he'd been eating with an officer a foot shorter than himself. Lacking constraint unlike the others present, he'd been eating freely and made a sizable dent in the plate left out for everyone. As he began biting into another pastry, the man next to him got even more upset as he tore it from his hands. "Hey." "Leave some for the others you giant buffoon!" the man barked, with little regard for Drago. Taking it with good-nature he submitted by saying "All right." and raising his hands sheepishly.

As the man's tension eased Drago swiftly bit at the sweet in his hand, making him recoil and let go. Shoving the remainder of it into his mouth Drago chewed before smiling, crumbs littering his lips. Soon after the Major called for attention and the pair made their way to the center. Taking place next to Captain Rolando, Drago stayed silent even at the mention of his name. Once the meeting finished, he went over to the serving table to see what hadn't been eaten.

"Rosenritters is an interesting choice." Rolando mused aloud. He'd seen its addition to the board in the days prior, but was unsure of who had put it forward. With pondering not helping him get closer to that answer, he decided to let his curiosity be and address a concern of his. Walking to the platform, a few feet away from the front row, he made sure the Major and Colonel could hear him clearly before speaking. "So, what happens if we fail to seize the BETA's attention?" he asked softly, looking from Colonel to Major before adding. "It'd be difficult not to with the Navy fleet of course, but even so."

Last edited:
The group of them had engaged in a game of rummy and much to the serb's glory, he had rather great lucky today, Marvus had numerous rows of bad hands, well at least he was getting his bad luck out of the way for now, better to get rid of it before battle than to use it up prior, at least the Serb would be able to indulge himself in the options for alchoal here, Marvus willingly gave up his bet to the Serb after all he was at least a man of his word, he had that much honour at the very least.

A couple days later, they were summoned sharpish as expected to the operation briefing room, Marvus was up earlier and planned to be their at least before the main melee would arrive on the scene.

The commander discussed the unit naming and who where being deployed to which group, they were grouped in the 101st Rosenritters, the plan itself was brief but that was to be expected you don't give full details to your troops, with bad odds for frontline operatives, it was better not to destabilize their morale, of course when they were surrounded with no way out you always could because at that point, those stuck their would be fighting to the death with no intention of running into straight death but that was a trick of battle, after all if you can't retreat, you won't retreat.

In addition the unit also gained a new member as well as gaining a restructure to better suit to loadouts and abilities of its soldiers, to allow for greater ability in the operations to follow after all this would be something their commander would do, judgement of the commander is what kept the majority of the unit alive at least in till the majority of the close quarters combat started happening.

They were given little time when the briefing finished, two hours to check on their TSF's and be ready for the field, the operation would be hard and risky, Marvus hoped his colleagues were feeling fresh because they would need to be in the coming battles, this time it was for real not a sim, it was back onto the killing field for real and mother fate would pick those she wanted to survive.

Marvus spent these final hours talking to the Engineering Staff that had been dealing with his old age TSF after all a 1.5 Generation while still in somewhat semi-active use wasn't something that would be seen on the frontline now a days with the heavier implementation of the Typhoon, his TSF was armed and fueled, while in enough of a condition to be able to fight, the girl was old as well as carrying her war scars but that was expected it wasn't like command would have donated a fresh off the production line Tornado, rather the remains of those that had fallen, it could be said to be more of a coffin than anything.

But of course a coffin is what command would prefer at least for him, Marvus trusted to inspection and brief regarding the quirks of his TSF, after all any machine had its own personality and the engineers were those closest to the machine, you had to trust your life to their ability and placing any doubt on them would one day backfire on you.

Time was ticking by time, Marvus had prepared himself and changed his attire to his fortified suit, the old girl came to life once again, it was somewhat homely to return to one of these creatures, Marvus took a step forwards once the docking clamps were released from the TSF and began his march forwards to Runway 12, The time for war was at hand, would they be able to retake that which was lost or would it fall from their grasps.

(Emp do your own thing or don't. Next I post we'll be in France or on the way depending.. Will edit lists tomorrow, I had a pretty bad day today its all I can do just to post in this.)

Hearing the new guy as some were calling him Tatiana decides to answer as the Japanese pilot spoke up. His advice was fairly sound, but there were a couple she could add at least. The Soviet Pilot was just as expeirenced if not handicapped..well that situation was improving. "If we run into tank class, don't shoot the heads, they are nothing but a sensory organ, and the little red munchers like to play dead when that is done. Always aim for the chest. And secondly. Always check your fire, our TSF's for the most cannot take more than a few stray rounds of the 36mm. With exception of some last Generation modles. Also do not use your 120mm shells without approval from Command, that is me or the Colonel. Also Keep Erika between you and the enemy, and provide cover for her as best as you can." Nodding her head to the gathering the Major went off to prepair her own SU-37M2 for battle.

Largely she handled her own maitance with some minor assistance from the rest, prefering to not trust the more delicate systems to the ground crews was her custom. Plus some options burried deep in the system for Espers as herself weren't to be seen by anyone in general. Regardless it took most of her free time to suit up and prepair her TSF by the time she taxi's out a bit of time has pased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere.

A UN Blues Staff Serget, from her apperance likely hailing from South America was there to greet the American Marine as the cargo flight he was on arrives fairly late. Snapping a quick salute and greeting him, her report is brief and to the point. "Sir, your Uniform is in the lockers, head for the back of the training Hangar and out the door, can't miss the signs. Your flight suit is also there, and your F-18 has arrived only hours ago. The Technicians tell me its ready to go. The Operation is set to begin in two hours, the Major will brief you in flight." Handing over on of the newer thin holo like hand computers some basic information was there. This would largely inform him of his status, combat location, formation position and the bare basics of the battle plan. There was also some information there in regards to the base layout.

Lower her Salute the Sergeant heads for her Jeep expectantly waiting on the Officer. "We'll put your things in your room, but we won't unpack them, so no need to worry sir." Plus it would be a waste to unpack if you end up dead, she thought but didn't bother to add.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Letting the other two explain things to the Rookie Lucia turns her Attention to the Captain, she was afraid someone might ask that. And purposely didn't mention it. It was good most of the pilots had, or already were filing out of the room. "Well Captain Salamanca, thats where the battle plan is clear in we cannot fail. If we don't attract the attention intially, then the Navy will begin a full Bombardment of the surrounding area, there is a possibility if even that doesn't work the US Navy will drop a G-bomb on the beach..I think we both would rather avoid that, given the Americans seem to have a...conspicously lack of concern with friendly fire in its bombing runs."

It was an old story, and one that many pilots believed was on purpose, the US never did such when its own formations were deployed. Though the Gravinational forces the bombs presented, and the other oddities struck the woman as outwordly and not to be used. Lucia however had no say in this.

Noting the time, she herself was running out of it. "Ah, I need to get ready, I sortie soon. Saddly I will be ahead of the Formation, Admiral Mullens asked I joined him on the Vanguard to discuss a few matters." Telling Rolando and any others in no certian terms the UN would not allow them to leave untill they had the BETA's Attention, there was no point in explaining or listening to any gripes that were sure to follow. They didn't have it as bad as the Black Skulls would be linking up with Paratroopers to block the roads into the French Harbors to the North. They were slated to land once the distraction force achieved its goal. That Paratrooper Division would likely suffer terrible losses...hopefully no Lasers were around, even with the heavy Chaff bombardment, loses would be heavy if any Laser-class were present.

Leaving the briefing hall she wastes little time in suiting up, climbing the rungs and gantry to her Pak-Fa. Having flown it a few times she really wish she could get more of these and the Typhoon's for her unit. It was a realistic prospect..well maybe. Though in the Pak-Fa's case that would depend on her and other test pilots that were given the Machine for trials.

Taking off from the Runway at speed, Lucia soon links up with the amassed Fleet headed for the French Coast. Landing atop the Vanguards aft deck, the Colonel hurriedly exits heading for the Battleships bridge, as a refueling line is dragged from an accompaning tender to feed fuel into the TSF by the seamen. Generally the pair spoke behind closed doors for some time, before emerging onto the bridge to carry out slective picks for firing zones with the Naval and the Ground Division and Regimental Commanders in attendance.

None of the later pair were clearly happy about this operation, but they had no choice. The Kings Own would take the Field first, with half the Division landing with the East German Infantry in the first wave, the Americans would come in from the Beaches with what was left of the English forces, and the Soviet 20th Guard Tanks were being held in reserve, they would be landed and put into the field once the BETA presence was confirmed. The Soviet Tanks with poor gun depression couldnt be counted on holding hull down fixed positions as well as the Western Armour in the other forces, but they could be counted on for a counter attak provided they had TSF Support.

The Airborne formation was with the Group of Forces North and thus not of operational concern to the men and women gathered here today. The TSF unit would act largely independantly, but they had some tasks assigned. Saddly most of the European TSF's were tasked into the other three Attack Groups, Group North, Group Gibralter and Group Artic. But three full strength Squadrons was a godsend for an operation like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the pilots assemble Tatiana begans her flight checks, powering her engine to full. "Ritter Two to all Units, Form up and Report." While Ritter One and Three were called for, the rest were fair game and would be decided by order of joining up.

While thats being handlered The Major Contacts the tower for approval and Clearance, before the words are even fully out of the Tower Controlers mouth, Tatiana advances taking flight. "Major Terekeyevna, taking off." With a Thin Smile this was something of a tradition among some TSF Pilots, orderly proper formed up take offs were normally idel. Combat was not. So some Commanders would every so often perform a snap take off to test reaction speeds and adaptbility. Though in this case with the TSA joining them they could cruise rather comfortablly. So even the Rookie American should have an alright time of it.

Michael surely must have been one of the most fortunate to not only have to prep for a run hours after he arrived, but as well that the flight he was on was late as well. If that weren't bad enough, he was getting rushed out of the aircraft by its inhabitants as if it were his fault they had arrived passed schedule. Scowling back at those within the container slightly, the rookie officer let out a sigh and exited off the ramp, where he was immediately greeted matter-of-factly by an older female sergeant. He was slightly taken aback by this, though more from the formalities than anything else; he joined the military expecting to start as the lowest rank, yet all pilots began as officers, so it was weird being referred to as "sir" by anyone, even if it was technically due.

"Ah... I see..." The woman certainly didn't waste any time. Though, with only two hours till initiation, she probably had the right idea.

Following the woman to the jeep, Cain sought to follow her example in hurrying over to where everyone else was. Keeping people waiting probably wasn't the best idea. Hopping into the passenger side of the vehicle, Michael lets out another sigh regarding his luggage situation.

"Yeah... that's fine," Michael replied, mentally remarking that there wasn't much luggage to begin with, let alone any of the contents being of interest. Unless they wanted his lollipops in which case?Well, hopefully some place sold more; he'd rather not get back into smoking.

The drive the woman gave him was relatively uneventful. She pointed out some key parts of the base they came into view of, but aside from that, she was doing her job of trying to get him to the back of the hanger as quickly as possible. After reaching it, Michael gave her a quick thank you and began his run through the back door and navigation of the halls via the signs. Once he reached the locker rooms, the rookie began the process of trying to quickly equip his flight suit, which was just as annoying as he'd remembered in the past. After that, it was only up to finding where the hell his squad was taking off from, entering his TSF and barely pulling off the standard checks in time for the squadron to be taking off.

Sighing, he leaned back in the cockpit of the TSF, believing he had a moment to rest from having sprinted everywhere before the Major abruptly announced that she was taking off. Everything checked green, so hopefully he wouldn't blow up from taking off the ground, but then again, he didn't have much time to check the system as well as the other pilots did. Pushing his engine's power to its max, the F-18 dashed forward and blasted off the ground, albeit with a bit shakiness from the surprise and him just being a rookie.

"Second Lieutenant Caine. Taking off..." He replied to whom he assumed was his CO. "I apologize for my tardiness, Ma'am... Major, I was told that you brief me on the way?"

She mostly followed and kept her cool the entire time. The woman was prepared for what was to come. A clash with the BETAs over at Lyon, France. They were not so far away as they were all approaching the destination. They were all briefed. The name for their squadrons, or in other words, their unit was decided; Rosenritters. Erika smiled when she heard that name. It had a nice ring to it, and it was also something to her, called for hope. Yes, even in our current state, hope was better than despair. The East German had her eyes focused on the Major and the Colonel as they were around the rest. Mostly, her eyes or mind was focused on the one from the same country as her.

What was the deal with Petrov? And was there more to that meeting than what she had anticipated. Slowly but surely, before things eventually would get out of hand, the East German Lieutenant wanted to get to the bottom of this entire ordeal. It did not take long before Blake, the rookie asked a question. Honestly, even Erika was slightly surprised by that. Her blue eyes only glanced over at him before Kosuke gave him an advice, which was again, surprising, because of his usual demeaning answers.

It was a good advice, but he was not the only one to give one. The Major did the same, but that was much more about what THEY would face out there, and how to shred the abominations to pieces. Once they were done, Erika walked past Blake and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Listen to the Major and well, the 2nd Lieutenant." She referred to the Japanese pilot.

"Stay next to me and we'll be fine. If you have trouble with anything then use the open channel from your TSF to call for help, but then again, I'll be close by since you'll be next to me during the mission. This may be your first rodeo but know this. We were all once like you. You'll come on top of this, just like us." Patting Blake on the shoulder, she walked past him before continuing.

"And like the 2nd Lieutenant said, maybe we'll have a drink after all this is over. Now, you should sortie up. It's only a matter of time before we start." Having said that, she made her way to her own TSF. Time went by and she eventually entered her MiG's cockpit. She buckled up and powered the engine up. The East German was ready, and used the open comm links to express her current situation.

"1st Lieutenant Erika Brenvahl, Ritter Four, taking off!.."

After receiving some advice, pretty much along the lines of what he had to expecf., he responded with a series of nods.
"I'll take some mental notes..."

He considered the now unimportant eight minutes of death, and took a moment to appreciate how far the technology has come, and how far it may one day go. On the subject of such technology, it was time for Jack to make sure his TSF wasn't a hunk of junk.

He headed over to the JAS-39 Gripen (Or as he called it in his own mind, the Jazz Griffin) and examined it. It was in good condition, from what he could from the outside. He liked the blades on the arms, though hoped he wouldn't have to actually use them, and the TSF fit the style he would like to have, not overspecialized.

He descended into the cockpit, and, after a quick observation of the available controls, and going over how this machine moved in the simulation, he activated the TSF, and the war machine roared to life, and his suit was buckled into the seat of the TSF.
"This is Lieutenant Blake, Ritter... Six! Everything's looking good! Taking off now!"

The TSF lifted off from the ground, at a slow, careful pace, before moving forward at a steady acceleration.

A faint smile from the satisfaction he got from piloting a giant metal beast slowly faded as he remembered what he was heading towards. He held the controls a bit tighter, started to steel himself for the coming war. He thought to himself.
'Alright, keep it together, shoot them when you can hit 'em... stay with the group, watch out for nasty surprises... I got this.' He ignored the funny feeling in his stomach, and focused on his breathing for now.

Last edited:
Marvus rolled his shoulders as he returned to getting the feel of a proper TSF, simulators were completely different to the real things after all, the vibrations from your unit, that slight tremour you had to read your machine as if it was one with you, after all this machine was your life blood much like you were its life blood.

Scanning his units equipment, dual GWS-9 Assault Cannons, they weren't top of the line for the gunsweepers but they were old and well tested, in addition the F-5E Tornado ADV carried arm mounted blades though they weren't as effective as the blade vines on more modern units but they could do their job when you needed them, finally his unit was mounted his shoulder mounted missile containers, these containers carried a batch of Anti-Lazer, warheads designed to deploy a heavy metal cloud to restrict the ability of lazer classes to fire, in addition it had a half split of High Explosive Warheads to at least give some additional killing power.

With his final checks confirmed, Marvus took one final moment to remember one thing, before announcing his intent to launch.

"Lance Sergeant Marvus Tensdale, Ritter Thirteen, Initiating Launch"

The main thrusters fired to life though Marvus didn't do a sudden takeoff, he kept the TSF steady his intent was to burn minimal fuel after all it may be useful later on, in addition he was sure ploughing High Explosives into someone else wouldn't be too fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.